• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Been thinking of getting the physical copy just for the artbook, but I'm outside the US for a few weeks. So since I have $20 in my PSN wallet already, I'll pay the rest and download the game on release.

Like Korean, the next number digit place after one thousand isn't ten thousand but is called million. What they say is million is different from what we say is million.

Hm? In Japanese, 10 = ju, 100 = hyaku, 1,000 = sen, 10,000 = man. From there is where it gets odd. There's no special word for 100,000; it's juman, or 10 ten thousands. Then 1,000,000 is hyakuman, or 100 ten thousands.

The digit places are the same, there just aren't special words for them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Polygon's review is pretty funny. A bunch of whining about Kamitani's art style despite the gameplay merits.

augmental

This game reminded me that I had forgotten to get Final Fight Double Impact which has Magic Sword.

Also, to anyone that has the game, can you confirm that characters that can dodge easily (like the Elf) will cause damage to enemies when they dodge and the enemy runs into another enemy or the environment?

Polygon's review is basically 'it's good and fun but there's tits in it so fuck this game'.

Good to see all the positive reviews, can't wait for my copy to turn up.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Hm? In Japanese, 10 = ju, 100 = hyaku, 1,000 = sen, 10,000 = man. From there is where it gets odd. There's no special word for 100,000; it's juman, or 10 ten thousands. Then 1,000,000 is hyakuman, or 100 ten thousands.

The digit places are the same, there just aren't special words for them.

man translates into the word for million in both korean and in japanese however in actuality it's 10,000.

Eterniti

This game reminded me that I had forgotten to get Final Fight Double Impact which has Magic Sword.

Also, to anyone that has the game, can you confirm that characters that can dodge easily (like the Elf) will cause damage to enemies when they dodge and the enemy runs into another enemy or the environment?

I never really noticed that dodging would, in fact, hurt enemies... but I do know that certain enemies can impact other enemies when attacking.

From how much that guy from ign was gushing about the game, I expected at least a 9/10 lol
Apparently the story getting in the way merits -1.5 points.

Polygon: "Dragon's Crown is an unapologetic adolescent fantasy - 6.5!" Now on to give another game where you play a muscly dude with guns a high score...

baconcow

Polygon's review is basically 'it's good and fun but there's tits in it so fuck this game'.

Good to see all the positive reviews, can't wait for my copy to turn up.

Pretty much. No offense, but don't review something you have a morale conflict of interest with it (female reviews a game that exaggerates the female body and deducts points... this is like a WW2 casualty reviewing Call of Duty).

But I found its over-exaggerated art style alienating and gross in its depiction of women even as it shines in building a world of fantastic monsters and environments, and the forced grind through the same stages dulled my excitement.

http://www.polygon.com/game/dragon-s-crown/9102

Review from our website. We got the game from Atlus a couple of weeks ago and were dying to release it, but the NDA only allowed us to do it today. http://vgbr.com/2013/07/31/analise-dragons-crown/
DragonsCrown-29-700x325.jpg

Its in Portuguese but you can check it through google translation on the link below. Not the most accurate but at least you can understand our thoughts and check the scores.

http://translate.google.com/transla...com/2013/07/31/analise-dragons-crown/&act=url

Wynnebeck

Banned
Pretty much. No offense, but don't review something you have a morale conflict of interest with it (female reviews a game that exaggerates the female body and deducts points... this is like a WW2 casualty reviewing Call of Duty).

But I found its over-exaggerated art style alienating and gross in its depiction of women even as it shines in building a world of fantastic monsters and environments, and the forced grind through the same stages dulled my excitement.

http://www.polygon.com/game/dragon-s-crown/9102

If you think the review is bad, the comments are even more ridiculous sounding.

Emitan

It's not impossible to enjoy something that has problematic elements. I wish the art was more modest but the game looks like a blast so I'll have fun with it.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Sounds like they had somebody review it who wasn't all that interested in the first place. It'd be like giving me the latest Madden title and telling me to review it.

I guess it shows since the reviewer was more interested in writing about the art and its problems rather than the game itself.

Stop copying my score man :) j/k. Nice review

LOL Thanks man! I don't care for review scores but if I'm going to scoregames something, I'll make it different everytime. *edit* Just realized who this is! Got your review to read tonight when I can access the site. Hate work proxies sometimes. GRRRR

I love how Polgyon's review was more of a "this is why the game is sexist" and barely talked about the game.

And isn't the point of this kind of genre to be repetitive by beating it multiple times? Didn't get that complaint in their review at all.

Coxy

Sounds like they had somebody review it who wasn't all that interested in the first place. It'd be like giving me the latest Madden title and telling me to review it.

they had someone review it with the intention of getting a reaction, they were circelejerking on the reaction they were hoping to get before they even got the review code, dont give them the reaction, attention or clicks

I love how Polgyon's review was more of a "this is why the game is sexist" and barely talked about the game.

And isn't the point of this kind of genre to be repetitive by beating it multiple times? Didn't get that complaint in their review at all.
The new generation of gamers just doesn't understand what a wide variety of genres have to offer. High comboability and a large number of moves and builds to experiment with is repetitive, but shooting people with the same guns for 10 hours is a gaming masterpiece.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Ah, reviews. It's a good thing I only read hardware benchmarks.

That's subjectivity for you. Let them say their piece and move on.

HERE'S MY REVIEW

STORY - DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER. SEXIST TRASH. YOU CAN TOUCH GIRLS

GAMEPLAY - BREST IN YOUR FACE. BOUNCING. I'M OFFENDED

GRAPHICS - Very beautiful, artistic artstyle. IS WHAT I'D SAY IF THIS GAME WASN'T GOING OUT OF ITS WAY TO MAKE EVERY GIRL FEEL LIKE SHIT.

OVERALL I'D GIVE IT A FUCKING 1/10 FUCKING MALE SCUM FAT SHAMING.

Andrew.

Banned
Holy shit at these reviews.

I had only discovered this game a few days ago, ordered it today and my hype is through the damn roof at this point!

Top Bottom