• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

george_us

I'll take more paths before new characters, but a cleric class would be nice.
Yeah I'd love 3 or 4 more areas with two paths each with their own bosses. I'd pay $15-$20 for that.

Still though, I have to say that Vanillaware did an incredible job of not making the game feel repetitive despite the fact that you're going through the same areas. That bothered me to no end in Odin's Sphere.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Tried out 9-1 of the chaos labyrinth with AI yesterday. Didn't see that coming ... д・´)

It's nice that the game still throws curveballs but I don't think I'm going to be able to beat it without some online teammates.

Got an amulet with DEX/10 chance to ignore enemy armor, so what to we learn about DEX through this? Does DEX affect this on it's own or not? I tend to the later.

I'd be down for dark elfs.

thanks for the kraken tips, everyone!

is there an indepth tutorial and step by step video and a manual about wtf is the food game?

this x1000. I did it once and had no idea what was going on. From what I gathered, you mix anything you want into one of the 4 pots up top. stir? when it's done, spoon it to one of the bottom 4 plates and press square furiously to eat. I pretty much just stole everyone else's prepared foods but I think each one serves multiple so that's ok

reson8or

this x1000. I did it once and had no idea what was going on. From what I gathered, you mix anything you want into one of the 4 pots up top. stir? when it's done, spoon it to one of the bottom 4 plates and press square furiously to eat. I pretty much just stole everyone else's prepared foods but I think each one serves multiple so that's ok

Some things I've observed.
-The 4 pots correspond to the 4 players positions on the HUD, so you can feed someone else by accident or on purpose.
-The basic thing I do is: 1 grab a main ingredient (meat, veggies), 2 Grab a sub ingredient (usually garlic, or assortment of veggies), 3 Grab the spices (salt. or oil on the bottom right hand corner). For the spices you can put I think 2 uses per pot. Once those 3 things are in your pot, tap on your pot, select the mix icon, then serve it to yourself and tap it until its finished. Keep this up until the timer runs out.

There is probably a lot more to it, but this is what works for me.

How long you let food cook factors in greatly. And I think bonuses depend on which character you are feeding...like the Elf prefers vegetable based food whereas a dwarf will go bonkers over some meat cooked rare.

Finalow

it's really easy and it happens randomly when you finish a dungeon and you keep going.
you basically want to put into the pod/pan one big piece of food (usually meat or fish) and then use on it those 3 seasoning on the right corner, after that you eat it and you get some bonuses. rinse and repeat until the time ends.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Got an amulet with DEX/10 chance to ignore enemy armor, so what to we learn about DEX through this? Does DEX affect this on it's own or not? I tend to the later.
I remember reading somewhere that Dexterity effects your weapon damage range. So I'm guessing elf often hits in her high end and dwarf is all over the place.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Hahah, you stole everyone's dinner.

It's actually not random. The cooking minigame happens once you select Continue after one of three different dungeons: The Ghost Ship Cove, Old Capital or Ancient Temple. The food that is generated is based on which dungeon you just completed, combined with what different bosses you killed to get there.

It's poor form to take someone else's food or someone else's pot/pan (though it's kinda hilarious), unless you're solo or only have one other player or something. In those instances, you can each take two pots/pans so that you can stagger cooking and eating to maximize bonuses.

Stirring speeds up the cooking, and once there's no more stir option, the food is fully cooked. That's the best time to put it on your character's plate. There are three additives to the right that you can add to any dish to make it better (herbs?, salt, oil/sauce?). The different additives enhance the bonuses of the base food, but the actual calculations are unknown. People speculate that certain foods get better bonuses from certain additives. Obviously, burning the food is bad. Spoon in onto your plate, and click on the plate to begin eating. Click the plate quickly to eat faster.

Boss foods give the largest bonuses, and those also respawn the slowest. The Red Dragon, for example, doesn't respawn at all. So, it's in your best interest to beeline for one of the boss ingredients when given the opportunity.

The bonuses received at the end carry into the next dungeon. Of particular value is the score bonuses, since those will actually yield more experience once all is said and done.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hahah, you stole everyone's dinner.

It's actually not random. The cooking minigame happens once you select Continue after one of three different dungeons: The Ghost Ship Cove, Old Capital or Ancient Temple. The food that is generated is based on which dungeon you just completed, combined with what different bosses you killed to get there.

It's poor form to take someone else's food or someone else's pot/pan (though it's kinda hilarious), unless you're solo or only have one other player or something. In those instances, you can each take two pots/pans so that you can stagger cooking and eating to maximize bonuses.

Stirring speeds up the cooking, and once there's no more stir option, the food is fully cooked. That's the best time to put it on your character's plate. There are three additives to the right that you can add to any dish to make it better (herbs?, salt, oil/sauce?). The different additives enhance the bonuses of the base food, but the actual calculations are unknown. People speculate that certain foods get better bonuses from certain additives. Obviously, burning the food is bad. Spoon in onto your plate, and click on the plate to begin eating. Click the plate quickly to eat faster.

Boss foods give the largest bonuses, and those also respawn the slowest. The Red Dragon, for example, doesn't respawn at all. So, it's in your best interest to beeline for one of the boss ingredients when given the opportunity.

The bonuses received at the end carry into the next dungeon. Of particular value is the score bonuses, since those will actually yield more experience once all is said and done.

I imagine someone has already recorded the values onto a FAQ somewhere, but certain foods are better when they are boiled and certain foods are better when they are pan-fried in terms of the bonuses that they give.

Sometimes, you will hear your character commenting on the taste, so that should give you a clue as to if you used the right cooking method.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Tried out 9-1 of the chaos labyrinth with AI yesterday. Didn't see that coming ... д・´)

It's nice that the game still throws curveballs but I don't think I'm going to be able to beat it without some online teammates.

Same ;_; What class? 99 Wizard here, we should team up :v

AEREC

i dont get why they didn't do chest pieces and stuff...it seems relatively simple with the animation system they used

AMAZON MASTER RACE!

pElwiYw.jpg

Ya would have loved to have visible armor changes.

Seil

I imagine someone has already recorded the values onto a FAQ somewhere, but certain foods are better when they are boiled and certain foods are better when they are pan-fried in terms of the bonuses that they give.

Sometimes, you will hear your character commenting on the taste, so that should give you a clue as to if you used the right cooking method.

There was a Japanese guide posted yesterday with a google translate link. I read it over but only gleaned a couple of things from it.

1) Each ingredient has 4 values. HP, Attack, Defense, Score
2) Attack and Defense boosts are swapped depending on whether you fry or boil the ingredient. So if it gives 4% attack and 8% defense when fried, it'll give 8% attack and 4% defense when boiled. Which one is higher in which cooking condition varies with the food.
3) HP and Score bonuses are the same regardless of cooking method.
4) Spices add multipliers. Which ones give the highest multiplier varies by ingredient.
5) Red Dragon is hands down the absolute highest value food in the game. Its stat boosts far outclass everything else.

I'll see if I can track down the original link and edit it in here for people interested.

Edit: Here it is.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Do groups rely on the Sorceress for healing, or is her roll not that important for that?

She doesn't heal really, her support comes from ice wall and protection

Ice wall makes it hard for foes to move out of the area she cast it, and protection is a 50% damage reduction buff that ignores all hit stun from foes

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Do groups rely on the Sorceress for healing, or is her roll not that important for that?
From what I've played online most people bring their own healing items anyways. Food from the sorceress is just a nice bonus. Protection is always beneficial for everyone but the game is really easy with 4 human players and I rarely ever see anyone die.

So I'm about 6 hrs in with ma amazon and while I like the game quite a bit, I feel like it's more on the button mashy side than the strategic side.

Am I doing something wrong guys??

The game feels incredibly easy especially when I have a full party. I just let them do most of the work lol.

Raxus

Evading the Ancient Dragon's breath is amazing.

Finally beat the game on infernal at level 91 Elf!

Not to beat it with the other 4 characters.
So I'm about 6 hrs in with ma amazon and while I like the game quite a bit, I feel like it's more on the button mashy side than the strategic side.

The game feels incredibly easy especially when I have a full party. I just let them do most of the work lol.

Edit: I am blind

Got a question for you guys :

Does the damage modifier on a Wizard or Sorceress weapon affect magic shot damage or spell damage? If it only affects melee damage, I'll just stick with one weapon that has good bonuses until I find better.

Raxus

If anyone needs help just add me on PSN. I am College_boy. I will just be grinding stuff for the next few hours in order to get the trophies.

Game gets harder in the second half. Also LOC and harder difficulties is where true Dragon's Crown starts. That said I just entered Infernal on lvl55 with my Elf!

"Fiiilthy lucre!"

Amazing voice actor. Rannie's function is gimmicky but I'm glad he's there.

Thanks, there's no way I could have ever understood what he was saying on that one, being Spanish. In fact, I didn't even know what the hell "lucre" was until now, had to Google it. :D

Just wondering if any other UK or Euro based people have received their copy from Videogames Plus yet? Mine was sent a week before release and still nothing. Usually doesn't take this long. Shouldn't be customs either as they mark down.

I got mine yesterday (monday); it was sent exactly two weeks before, on monday, 8 days before release.

The bolded is what you're doing wrong. :D Also, it becomes quite easier if overlevelled. Try soloing a dungeon a few levels above you and you'll have to work.

[Newegg woes]

That sucks hard :(. I just wanted to commiserate, and hope they eventually make it up to you somehow.

CrovaxPSO

Really sorry if this has been covered but I haven't seen anything pertaining to this problem. Now that I've beaten the game on normal, I've been doing long online runs without returning to town for at least a few dungeons. The problem is, eventually my gear breaks. Is the only solution to this to just have multiple sets of gear?

Really sorry if this has been covered but I haven't seen anything pertaining to this problem. Now that I've beaten the game on normal, I've been doing long online runs without returning to town for at least a few dungeons. The problem is, eventually my gear breaks. Is the only solution to this to just have multiple sets of gear?
Yes, that's why you can carry up to 9 bags.

nikos

Just played through the tutorial with every character and I still can't choose which to go with. Think I narrowed it down between the Dwarf and Elf though. I kind of want something that's easy to play. :eek:

EDIT: Also considering Fighter. Think I want to go melee in this game.

Just played through the tutorial with every character and I still can't choose which to go with. Think I narrowed it down between the Dwarf and Elf though. I kind of want something that's easy to play. :eek:

you want easy? Dwarf! bonus if the idea of body slamming a snake amuses you, cuz it sure does amuse me

Thanks guys for the replies.

So are there any advantages for going solo besides making the game more challenging? Like do I get more xp going solo compared to a full party?

Ellite25

This has probably been covered (though I haven't seen it and have been following this thread), what's the difference between taking the A and B paths? I know they have different lvls, but other than that is there a reason to choose one or the other?

I feel like the game didn't explain it too well.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
This has probably been covered (though I haven't seen it and have been following this thread), what's the difference between taking the A and B paths? I know they have different lvls, but other than that is there a reason to choose one or the other?

Different bosses as well, you'll have to play both many times to complete side quests and the game in general.

Sanctuary

The ability to chose the B path comes when
you are supposed to get the nine talismans. The B path has the boss that has one of the talismans you need.

Top Bottom