• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Kurod

Banned
Why do so many of these rods I find have +Str? My wizard is now over level 60 and I have found only one rod/staff with +Int on it.

So i've got 2 more sidequests left to finish for the art gallery, plus the ????????? one

is that one beating inferno or getting 99 with any character or what

Raxus

Is there any reason to stay on Normal after you beat it?
You'll come back to kill the last boss for a trophy on normal and hard but for now progress to infernal. Focus on filling out your critical skills.

Also, I beat all the tier 2 bosses solo on hard (before going to infernal). I laugh at anyone who went down to normal to do that. Laugh I say!

That honestly sounds crazy. I would never have imagined that 2D sprites limited to a single screen could require enough resources to slow down a machine like a PS3 when it's capable of games like Motorstorm Apocalypse and Killzone 3 and others without those issues.
Doesn't matter if 3D or 2D: Lots of stuff on the screen still eats into the ram and cpu. Actually 3D is easier to handle with lots of tricks.

That said I'd take a new Dragon's Crown all day. DC is Kamitanis dream project, so maybe he does a sequel to it?

You'll come back to kill the last boss for a trophy on normal and hard but for now progress to infernal. Focus on filling out your critical skills.

Also, I beat all the tier 2 bosses solo on hard (before going to infernal). I laugh at anyone who went down to normal to do that. Laugh I say!

You laugh at me... Okay, i will remember it ;__; (run away in tear)

52 hours in & not bored yet. I never wouldve imagined this. I never played Diablo but I c the hook now. These runs r so damn addictive

Where is the serpent in the water for the sidequest on ghost ship's cove

maomaoIYP

gix3.jpg
30 million exp from 200% multiplier on infernal....should be enough to bring me to 99 right?
WRONG. 6 million more to go, feels bad man, I only stopped because I was getting bored.

52 hours in & not bored yet. I never wouldve imagined this. I never played Diablo but I c the hook now. These runs r so damn addictive

Where is the serpent in the water for the sidequest on ghost ship's cove
let the kraken collapse the cave, after that you're in another cave. There is some fish, click on it. Voilà.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
30 million exp from 200% multiplier on infernal....should be enough to bring me to 99 right?
WRONG. 6 million more to go, feels bad man, I only stopped because I was getting bored.
Good gravy I don't think I'm going to bother with 99 on any character

What's the difference between Charged Shot and Impact Arrow?

Is Charged Shot for all 3 moves? (Those being standing, air and crouching shots).

If so what does Impact Arrow actually do?

maomaoIYP

I've done this quite a few times so I'm pretty sure that this works:
The red dragon doesn't do its breath attack if you lure it down into the lower left corner.

Seil

What's the difference between Charged Shot and Impact Arrow?

Is Charged Shot for all 3 moves? (Those being standing, air and crouching shots).

If so what does Impact Arrow actually do?

You're correct about what Power Shot is. As for Impact Arrow, it affects arrows that hit the ground: crouching and downward aerial shots. It causes a small shockwave that deals extra damage, with that shockwave becoming larger and more powerful at higher levels.

Impact Arrow affects normal arrows and charged arrows, so it stacks with Power Shot and Clone Strikes.

anddo0

what level are you? I have a feeling things turn around once you get to like 50+, I'm 40 right now.

I'm up to lvl 41 now. I've been repeating some the first two floors of the labyrinth and harpy boss.

I think my main issue now is finding AI that match my level or exceed it. Also playing as an elf is tough when you run out of arrows.. Crowd control is an issue for me.

Not sure what class you are, but Fighters don't have too much trouble staying alive on Hard. For me, they don't start dying until Infernal LoC. I took three on the Ancient Dragon (Hard), and they went nuts, and ginsued him to bits.

lvl 41 Elf.

It's tough for an elf because of the arrow limit. When the AI is getting slaughtered by skeleton mobs, and those enemies that turn you into frogs. It becomes a little overwhelming.

I think you guys are right. Once a gain levels it will become more manageable But it's a real struggle right now. I guess I won't be doing any chain runs for a little while.

OH MY labryinth 9-1

It's random right?

It feels that way. I made it to 1-3 and backed out after my team died in the first room.

maomaoIYP

It's random right?

It feels that way. I made it to 1-3 and backed out after my team died in the first room.

Oh no there's something special at 9-1. I just beat it, but the game tells me there are MORE levels below???? Holy craaaaaap!
edit: After 9-1 it goes directly to 10-1!

You're correct about what Power Shot is. As for Impact Arrow, it affects arrows that hit the ground: crouching and downward aerial shots. It causes a small shockwave that deals extra damage, with that shockwave becoming larger and more powerful at higher levels.

Impact Arrow affects normal arrows and charged arrows, so it stacks with Power Shot and Clone Strikes.

so when I used my respec to dump points and cap off impact + power+ clone strikes I did a good thing?

excellent.

so when I used my respec to dump points and cap off impact + power+ clone strikes I did a good thing?

excellent.

Impact and Power shot, definitely max those. I'm personally a little bit iffy on maxing clone strikes (I have it a level 3/4) because very few bosses are wide enough to actually get hit with all 5 pillars with salamander oil/toxic. Even 4 sometimes seems like too much.

Although I guess a 5th charged arrow on upward shots would wreck on bosses where the landing AoE effects don't matter, like Kraken or something.

Yeah I think it just goes on forever. I just beat floor 10, where enemies start at lvl 100 and ends at 109. Now the only trophy I don't have is the legendary strike trophy.

99 floors apparently. I've been to floor 22 at level 80 and it was pretty brutal. For some reason I was getting level 99 equipment though. That's weird because equip scales to your level normally. I did get some level 81 - 83 range stuff though.

One amusing thing I noticed at level 22 range, bosses appear as normal enemies from time to time. You pretty much take one out and move on. No music change or boss lifebar.

maomaoIYP

99 floors apparently. I've been to floor 22 at level 80 and it was pretty brutal. For some reason I was getting level 99 equipment though. That's weird because equip scales to your level normally. I did get some level 81 - 83 range stuff though.

One amusing thing I noticed at level 22 range, bosses appear as normal enemies from time to time.

Floor 22? So the enemies would be level 220? How did you get so far?? At level 80 no less!!

One amusing thing I noticed at level 22 range, bosses appear as normal enemies from time to time.

Bosses start appearing as regular enemies as early as floor 4 from my experience. Running into killer rabbit on a random screen = fun times. He's much easier when the field is level.

Floor 22? So the enemies would be level 220? How did you get so far??

I went online and it automatically put me in there with some people. I was trying to clear floor 3. Still, we did beat floor 22. I'm not even sure about this level 220 business. Is this accurate? They didn't seem THAT strong.

Bosses start appearing as regular enemies as early as floor 4 from my experience. Running into killer rabbit on a random screen = fun times. He's much easier when the field is level.

Aha. Well, it seemed to be really frequent on floor 22.

maomaoIYP

I went online and it automatically put me in there with some people. I was trying to clear floor 3. Still, we did beat floor 22. I'm not even sure about this level 220 business. Is this accurate? They didn't seem THAT strong.

Yeah it should be if I'm not wrong. Floor 1 starts are lvl 20 and goes up 10 levels per floor. Things change at floor 10 where they start out at lvl 100.

Unless of course level gets capped at floor 10, but I seriously doubt it.

Yeah it should be if I'm not wrong. Floor 1 starts are lvl 20 and goes up 10 levels per floor. Things change at floor 10 where they start out at lvl 100.

Unless of course level gets capped at floor 10, but I seriously doubt it.

Yeah, I don't know. I've seen reports on gamefaqs of people beating floor 99. The only prize being
a respec item every time
. But anyway, doing 22-1 through 3 was not bad at all. But then again we had an Amazon that was doing like 8 - 13k damage per hit almost.

maomaoIYP

Yeah, I don't know. I've seen reports on gamefaqs of people beating floor 99. The only prize being
a respec item every time
. But anyway, doing 22-1 through 3 was not bad at all. But then again we had an Amazon that was doing like 8 - 13k damage per hit almost.

You can get the previous rewards that the labyrinth gives but scaled to lvl 99, I just got that necklace you get for beating floor 3, but a lvl 99 version. You do get an item after 9-1 that helps with the lower floors, I guess that's what everyone's using.

Impact and Power shot, definitely max those. I'm personally a little bit iffy on maxing clone strikes (I have it a level 3/4) because very few bosses are wide enough to actually get hit with all 5 pillars with salamander oil/toxic. Even 4 sometimes seems like too much.

Although I guess a 5th charged arrow on upward shots would wreck on bosses where the landing AoE effects don't matter, like Kraken or something.

You can wreck a lot of bosses with maxed clone strikes ( I did max it) if you're shooting in the correct angle. All 5 hit + aoe.
It useless on the
killer rabbit
because the hitbox sucks.

QP3

Do some dungeons come up more frequently for you guys when you play online? (and others much less)

I have played dozens of online rounds and haven't yet been to the Tower and a few others (I am still missing 4 Talisman). Maybe I just don't do long enough chains...

You can wreck a lot of bosses with maxed clone strikes ( I did max it) if you're shooting in the correct angle. All 5 hit + aoe.
It useless on the
killer rabbit
because the hitbox sucks.

Hm, I guess it is worth it because I do find the arrows do a ton of damage on the upward arc as well.

On a completely different subject:

I had the
Warlock
boss appear randomly in Chaos Labyrinth on a screen completely covered in ankle deep water.

Every time he tried to use his Fire Wall spell (surrounds himself with pillars of fire), nothing happened and I got free damage.

I laughed for a long time.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I don't know why it took this game so long to "click" for me. To be completely honest, I wasn't really enjoying myself very much right up to the point where you have to start looking for the talismans. But right at that point, something clicked and I started loving it. Now I have to force myself to put it down when I need to do something else. :lol

It gets even better when you start to hunger for better loot. Dragon's Crown is the japanese 2d side scrolling version of diabolo 2. I'd love to get a second one with a bigger budget.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I don't know why it took this game so long to "click" for me. To be completely honest, I wasn't really enjoying myself very much right up to the point where you have to start looking for the talismans. But right at that point, something clicked and I started loving it. Now I have to force myself to put it down when I need to do something else. :lol

Probably because the real game doesn't start until you have to start looking for talismans. :p

maomaoIYP

How many runs is that and how long does it take you?

Roughly 2 hrs+ I think. I forgot to use the prayer to increase my score by 1.5 times though, so it could have been a lot faster. It was about 4 round trips, I killed the red dragon 4 times.
Also I started from lvl 90. So from lvl 90 to 99 you need almost 40 million exp.

Top Bottom