• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Just finished up the last boss and I'm enjoying this a lot more than I expected. Gonna dive into Hard mode later tonight.

Amazon is really fun, I'm gonna have to toy around with some other characters.

Ferrio

Banned
Wish there was a skill to reduce the amount of time it takes Amazon's axe to be picked up. I'd love a build based all on brutal drive.

Raxus

So I received a request to find a lost ship at the Pirate's Cove, but after going through the level a second time I couldn't find anything. What am I missing?

Go route A, when you enter Ellis' ship you go through the locked door where you are ambushed by pirates. After dealing with them click on the flag and viola!

Moral of the story? CLICK ON ALL THE THINGS!

Edit: Beaten badly
Where is the best place to pick up high level AI? I am having a bit of trouble on the last boss.
Scales with the difficulty. I found a level 36 ally on my first playthrough and levels 60 somethings during my second. It wasn't until my infernal playthrough that I started coming across level 99 bones.

hell yeah, dude. let's make a list

beastmaster
paladin
monk
cleric
playable rogue/thief
barbarian

what else we wants?

I'd combine paladin, monk, and cleric all in one class. I think Amazon fills the barbarian niche nicely. I think a thief would be nice - maybe focus them on backstabs and diversions.

When you guys say beastmaster, what are you envisioning?

JokerAceX

That got me thinking.

How does Vanillaware NOT have large artbooks printed in the U.S. for OdinSphere, Muramasa, and Dragon's Crown?

Your best bet is probably trying to have them brought over through udon otherwise i don't really think those game art books sell

johnsmith

remember me
Newegg's email to me said they never got any art books from Atlus to mail out.

"We apologize for confusion. It states on the manufacturer’s website that only selected retailers would receive that art book. Unfortunately, Newegg is not one of these selected retailers. We did not receive any of that from the manufacturer, so we do not have any to send out. Thank you for your understanding. "

If this is true, it's Atlus who screwed up by putting newegg on their preorder page.

maomaoIYP

I'd combine paladin, monk, and cleric all in one class. I think Amazon fills the barbarian niche nicely. I think a thief would be nice - maybe focus them on backstabs and diversions.

When you guys say beastmaster, what are you envisioning?

They're envisioning the hot chick in the illustration you get from completing the beastmaster side quest.

Hag

this is the vision

ncDragonsCrown-38.jpg

Make it happen vanillaware/atlus/2Dgods

Man. Against Medusa and the Ancient Dragon the AI is useless. What are the best AI characters?

For the Ancient Dragon on normal, I used 2 wizards and 1 sorceress for my 3 AI. I'm a Dwarf but used 2 Vortex scrolls x4, so a total of 8 vortex spells from me. That, plus lava bracers > grand slam > belly flops until I can pick the hammers back up, repeat. TBH, I was so focused on myself that I don't even know if the 3 AI spellcasters were good picks

Everytime I go online I always get a whole lot of elf and fighter players. I guess that's the most popular characters right now.

Since I'm a Wizard I tried to go up against the
Kraken
with a fire wand (I was warping from location to location so I didn't intently go into the fight with fire), and I had 3 elves with me. I was just jumping the whole time firing fireballs, and magic shots while they were shooting arrows.

Let's just say it wasn't pretty ;_;

Just wondering if any other UK or Euro based people have received their copy from Videogames Plus yet? Mine was sent a week before release and still nothing. Usually doesn't take this long. Shouldn't be customs either as they mark down.

No Love

Banned
I'll take more paths before new characters, but a cleric class would be nice.

More paths would be awesome. I'll gladly pay $10-20 for DLC for this game. Make it happen, Vanillaware! But make DLC cross-buy for Vita/PS3... shouldn't have to buy the DLC twice.

I'm solo with 3 AI every time I fight the Kraken, question. When you're on the ship and the tentacles are grabbing the sides, what happens if you successfully fend him off? He sunk me every time

opie211

Inventory is shared, you can use it.

Well, I started a second character to see if inventory was shared and didn't even think I should play the 2nd character far enough to access the inventory. Doh! Been deleting A and B low level weapons that my Wizard couldn't use.

By the way, when does the online unlock? I'm at the mission with the Level 15 Mages tower.

Opie211 (PSN),
Avenir (Character/L14 Wizard)

If anyone would like to add me.

doomquake

i dont get why they didn't do chest pieces and stuff...it seems relatively simple with the animation system they used

AMAZON MASTER RACE!

pElwiYw.jpg

Ultimadrago

I saw your thread on the Atlus forums about design/hacking issues, Caerith. I hope some Top Men read through your post, they're solid concerns.

I doubt there will be a rogue/thief class added. Elf has a skill branch called Backstab, and a thief would look just like Rannie anyway... a healer class would definitely be cool though.

"Fiiilthy lucre!"

Amazing voice actor. Rannie's function is gimmicky but I'm glad he's there.

I still hate his guts and curse his name every time he triggers a petrification trap. I can easily dodge all the other traps on reaction but I've only managed to dodge petrification once.

Pejo

Monk/Cleric class would be awesome. Gimme dat spear weapon with pole alt style.

Still pining for thief though, or assassin as it were, since thieves are already in game. Cross promo with Muramasa for a samurai even!

Monk/Cleric class would be awesome. Gimme dat spear weapon with pole alt style.

Still pining for thief though, or assassin as it were, since thieves are already in game. Cross promo with Muramasa for a samurai even!

Was gonna say a "ninja" class would send me over the moon. :|

A beast man or whatever could be rad. Maybe fight with clawed gauntlets or something.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
To whoever has a Japanese version: how does the new L for items thing work? I'm hoping it lets you change the quick item modifier from the default up on d-pad/stick.

Pejo

I'm solo with 3 AI every time I fight the Kraken, question. When you're on the ship and the tentacles are grabbing the sides, what happens if you successfully fend him off? He sunk me every time

I only did it once myself, you just get a little story blurb and I think an extra chest. it dumps you out at the same place but the picture of the still-together ship is in the distance. *from my best memory of it.

Usually now i just don't even bother trying to save the ship, and just dodge the tentacles.

Munkyspace

I wish there was a way to disable the right stick entirely on the Vita version and only use the touchscreen. I keep bumping the stick by accident.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I only did it once myself, you just get a little story blurb and I think an extra chest. it dumps you out at the same place but the picture of the still-together ship is in the distance. *from my best memory of it.

Usually now i just don't even bother trying to save the ship, and just dodge the tentacles.
You get a free chest and skip a fight.

For the Kraken ship thing, I took MasterLL's advice and haven't failed it since. Just ignore the left side of the ship. Cannon the lower right tentacle, attack the mast tentacle.

I'm an Elf though, so one upward charged shot takes out the mast tentacle. May not work on other classes.

so..
darkelf rogue/thief is a given
human paladin//cleric OR human monk OR somestrangerace naturemaster being depending of what skills you learn/update a buffer with bruising capability or a buffer//summoner (nature stuff summoning, so tree that blocks attack//pathing, grappling vine, earthquake, wind stuff and for pure summoning make it some animal low level wolf, raising to a drakeling or some imposing looking flying beast that should not be overpowered)..
actually i'd go with darkelf rogue and somestrangerace naturemaster//beastmaster
the rest are uneeded iho XD

I could see the monk playing like the cleric from Shadow over Mystara, wielding an extendable morning star and having direct heal spells, party heals, and attacks that do extra damage against the undead and demonic. Unlike the Sorc who drops food that gives you that 150% hp buffer, the monk would heal like a potion or a ring, perhaps even having "prayers" that can extend or resurrect players. Of course this would need to be balanced fairly.

Dark elf beastmaster could be a cross between the beast rider and summoner, but also a weaver of dark and deceptive magic. Teleports, shadows, clones, confusion (monsters hit each other), dimensional portals, etc. They could summon more powerful beasts that aren't rideable, but rather show up in the form of a single powerful attack (like fire breath, swoop attack, etc) then leave.

Not sure about a thief char tho, it might compete with Rannie, at least story wise.

Top Bottom