• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

&)@%$@$&!(%!%$#%!

Last time I will EVER try to go for quest objectives online.

Jesus.
H.
Christ.

How the hell am I matched up with god damn ritalin popping autistic spazzoids at 3 in the fucking morning!! These twitchy morons can NOT be still for a single fucking second.

Oh a chest -- nope, exit.
Oh, a rune -- nope, DASH DASH DASH KILL.
Oh, a quest objective -- NOPE EXIT.
Oh, it's the
Wraith, hey, let's go light a statue so he's vulnerable
-- LOLNOPE, I R HAZ TEH BUTTONZ MASHINGZ WEEEEE *pauses for sippy cup* WHEEEEEE.

*throws controller*

*cat squeals in an alley somewhere*

Ferrio

Banned
Okay, having a second weapon is making Brutal drive Awesome.

I have a +30% damage brutal drive weapon. Get my berserk full + 3x clones and do my brutal drive... TONS of damage... then just hotswap to my other weapon and keep going.

Raxus

Power shot + impact arrows + clone strikes. Battle hardened + evasion.

Basically the Elf in a nutshell. Once you get her going she goes from squishy to one of the hardest characters to kill. I basically travel everywhere by evasion.
&)@%$@$&!(%!%$#%!

Funny enough I found the higher difficulties I got to the more people opted to 'do quests' since most of them led to rare chests.

On normal (and rarely hard) you are likely going to be paired with idiots.

Yeah I ran into an amazon that did nothing but hold forward and jump spins for the whole level, ignoring all chests and runes while doing absolutely pitiful DPS. I don't know if they were trolling or legitimately thought that it was how you played the game.

Sgblues

Yeah most people I've played with just dash through the levels, not activating runes or opening chests or anything, so usually I have to scramble to activate phoenix incantation or extra stock or treasure hunter's friend(but usually they exit the level before the chest can be open) so I'm like lemme just kill the boss and get back to town and hope I get better people.

derwalde

i have the US vita version on my EU vita and i want to buy the US ps3 version on my EU ps3. using my EU account on both devices, i can share my savegame, can i?

Donthizz#

Yeah most people I've played with just dash through the levels, not activating runes or opening chests or anything, so usually I have to scramble to activate phoenix incantation or extra stock or treasure hunter's friend(but usually they exit the level before the chest can be open) so I'm like lemme just kill the boss and get back to town and hope I get better people.

so true..

Fistwell

Yeah I ran into an amazon that did nothing but hold forward and jump spins for the whole level, ignoring all chests and runes while doing absolutely pitiful DPS. I don't know if they were trolling or legitimately thought that it was how you played the game.
woot yolo lol

Havent really had that problem myself. Then again, I've only been able to play with maybe 3 to 4 people.

Ultimadrago

Thanks to all these high Stun chance weapons I've been getting, my Dwarf has been tossing elite mobs on Infernal like it's any Christmas morning.

Hell yes!

maomaoIYP

I don't know what difficulty level you're playing on or how much experience you have with the amazon, but the jump spin move is one of the amazon's best moves along with parry and brandish. It decimates flying enemies while being almost completely safe. It decimates certain bosses. It also decimates hordes of zombies because you can't be grabbed while you're in air, and it's also the best way to take out crossbow skeletons who hide behind their shielded buddies.

I don't know what difficulty level you're playing on or how much experience you have with the amazon, but the jump spin move is one of the amazon's best moves along with parry and brandish. It decimates flying enemies while being almost completely safe. It decimates certain bosses. It also decimates hordes of zombies because you can't be grabbed while you're in air, and it's also the best way to take out crossbow skeletons who hide behind their shielded buddies.

I've found it lacking in DPS, especially since it doesn't seem to build berserk as fast as the grounded moves. It's pretty useful for bosses with big air hitboxes but iffy ground hitboxes like the red dragon or chimera since you can eraser back and forth by direction change or evade, but I've found doing proper parries and the grounded chain or using war paint to supplement damage works the best against everything else. Maybe it's just my build.

That wasn't what this dude was doing, though, he was just holding forward and jump.

maomaoIYP

I've found it lacking in DPS, especially since it doesn't seem to build berserk as fast as the grounded moves. It's pretty useful for bosses with big air hitboxes but iffy ground hitboxes like the red dragon or chimera since you can eraser back and forth by direction change or evade, but I've found doing proper parries and the grounded chain or using war paint to supplement damage works the best against everything else. Maybe it's just my build.

That wasn't what this dude was doing, though, he was just holding forward and jump.

The damage can't be compared with ground strikes of course, but it's fast, very safe and it's her only air attack worth using. In fact it's the best air attack for the entire cast not counting skills that are activated with circle.

Oh my God

"Dragon's Crown" Sorceress Figure Scheduled for September

Probably one of the most controversial game character designs since Bayonetta, the Sorceress from Vanillaware's beat 'em up Dragon's Crown is getting the 3D treatment from Alphamax. This 23cm, 1/8th scale figure is due to be released on September 27th for 11,800yen.

dc6e9933189aeb9a7d7385a329ac01ea1376405112_full.jpg
da7f5ebc3183990a464bf25f4f349dc91376405143_full.jpg
903a836b01122fbd301e7e08e2f939a11376405164_full.jpg
66c2d2859fdfdbf2788f20e21b1101201376405181_full.jpg
05dc4c64cc5e387ea008a0128f995d071376405226_full.jpg
62f53bbd941b5eda61822ea4f35b451e1376405240_full.jpg
03dc64695679b5a1369fa323aad25b291376405266_full.jpg
a14ee52b5516b29585e8fd511c81d2a91376405281_full.jpg
acf9e00484aff507835c6f60101fbbe41376405342_full.jpg
e8487db2e9bea350bd2b94a8d0fd56271376405358_full.jpg
http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...rown-sorceress-figure-scheduled-for-september

Kamina

Golden Boy
Same for me, although I'm from Germany. Could have been caught by the customs office but I don't know.
Austrian here, game was shipped 2+1/2 weeks ago from VG+ and i'm still waiting.
I bet its stuck in customs because they get more packages from VG+ as usual so they might check them more throuhly.

Swordy

Interesting.
This could mean that its just the mail service thats slow again because of the holiday season or so...

Honestly, I think that the shipping notice was probabaly not correct, the game had the status "backordered" soon after the release so the stock wasn't too high I guess.

Kamina

Golden Boy
Honestly, I think that the shipping notice was probabaly not correct, the game had the status "backordered" soon after the release so the stock wasn't too high I guess.
I preordered it over a week before release and was notified that it was beeing processed and shipped on the next day. I doubt they would tell me that my preprder was being processed and shipped when they didnt have the game available. At least i never heard of such a behavior from VG+.

Swordy

I preordered it over a week before release and was notified that it was beeing processed and shipped on the next day. I doubt they would tell me that my preprder was being processed and shipped when they didnt have the game available. At least i never heard of such a behavior from VG+.

I used to buy a lot from VG+ during the PS2 generation and every game arrived after 3-9 days, it never took longer and I never had to pay customs fees. That's why I think it's weird, but as you say maybe the handling is just slow this time.
At least in Germany even if you don't have to pay any fees, shipments could get stuck at customs till they clear it through.

Naar

I'm already well into the game on PS3. What happens when I start a new save file I uploaded from PS3 to the Vita version? Do the trophies pop up there as well or what?

Kamina

Golden Boy
I used to buy a lot from VG+ during the PS2 generation and every game arrived after 3-9 days, it never took longer and I never had to pay customs fees. That's why I think it's weird, but as you say maybe the handling is just slow this time.
At least in Germany even if you don't have to pay any fees, shipments could get stuck at customs till they clear it through.
Its pretty much the same in Austria from my experience. Our mail service complains that they are losing customers, and when looking at our situation i'd say we know why.
Whatever, tomorrow is another day with delivery chance.

QP3

Final boss spoilers:

On the Ancient Dragon, how do you avoid the two tornadoes that he spins? I am Dwarf if that matters

QP3

What about the i-frames from his power smash? It looks avoidable though.

Hmm not sure. I will keep trying stuff and honestly, even if I had to weather it then I probably could. I was only lvl 30 on first attempt so I'll probably get to level 35 first.

edit: also, thank you!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
What's the point of the Dwarf's Trinket Maniac skill? You get to +10 HP healed at 19 SP instead of a much more reasonable 11 SP with Wealth to Health.

Owensboro

Did I see someone in this tread mention that you can throw items? Specifically, that the dagger always causes a stun when thrown... Is that a class specific thing? I tried every button combination I could think of with my Dwarf and couldn't figure out a way to toss a dagger across the screen.

Beat the last boss on Hard last night solo at level 53. It was a hell of a tight fight, me killing him with a final power smash when I was at 50 health left. I haven't had one of those "I'm probably going to die.... wait.... WAIT.... YESSSSSSSS!" moments gaming in a while, so it's pretty great it happened in this game. Bring on Inferno! I'm guessing I'm probably going to have to do a ton of A paths to level up more, as the cap on hard is 65. Totally not ready.

Now to get my name on the GAF list and find other people doing Inferno.

Also, I see you can do the Labyrinth of Chaos with other people online? Awesome! I thought it was a single-player only thing. Now the question is: How long until we get a 4-player GAF "Lets get to floor 99" a-thon?

What's the point of the Dwarf's Trinket Maniac skill? You get to +10 HP healed at 19 SP instead of a much more reasonable 11 SP with Wealth to Health.

I always assumed it was either because 1) Wealth to Health only heals on coin pickups, whereas Trinket Maniac will heal on all the other score item pickups or 2) they stack on top of each other. I haven't tested either, but I'm thinking that (1) is more likely.

maomaoIYP

Did I see someone in this tread mention that you can throw items? Specifically, that the dagger always causes a stun when thrown... Is that a class specific thing? I tried every button combination I could think of with my Dwarf and couldn't figure out a way to toss a dagger across the screen.

Beat the last boss on Hard last night solo at level 53. It was a hell of a tight fight, me killing him with a final power smash when I was at 50 health left. I haven't had one of those "I'm probably going to die.... wait.... WAIT.... YESSSSSSSS!" moments gaming in a while, so it's pretty great it happened in this game. Bring on Inferno! I'm guessing I'm probably going to have to do a ton of A paths to level up more, as the cap on hard is 65. Totally not ready.

Also, I see you can do the Labyrinth of Chaos with other people online? Awesome! I thought it was a single-player only thing. Now the question is: How long until we get a 4-player GAF "Lets get to floor 99" a-thon?

Forward with triangle. Daggers don't stun on hard onwards.
It's useless. You get way more coin pickups than score items.

Usobuko

Banned
I'm guessing I'm probably going to have to do a ton of A paths to level up more, as the cap on hard is 65. Totally not ready.

y.

Do floor 4-1 to 6-3 run repeatedly will net you Lv,50,60,70 gears. Go back to the normal dungeon on Infernal when you are in mid 70 ( or it is mid 60 ). There will be a point where you gain very little exp for a run like this.

Then you can start tackling B route and eventually the last boss on Infernal difficulty. Beat it and it should unlock floor 7-1 of labyrinth.

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY GAME PLAY-ASIA

You have made a huge mistake gif, I PO Ni No Kuni from Playasia with free local shipping and it arrived 2 weeks later. Never again.

Final boss spoilers:

On the Ancient Dragon, how do you avoid the two tornadoes that he spins? I am Dwarf if that matters

as a 35 Dwarf, I was able to get away with not dodging them. in fact, the only things I did dodge were the homing blasts and the big flame attack. I was able to just get in his face and withstand any dmg, it's like this for a lot of the bosses actually, even on hard so far (i'm lv 44 now). I doubt this will work on the final boss on hard difficulty tho

In terms of loot, weapons and I guess shields in the case of the fighter can have different looks right?
Do you end up with crazy looking weapons eventually or are there only a few different weapons sprites more or less that get reused?

Sanctuary

Basically the Elf in a nutshell. Once you get her going she goes from squishy to one of the hardest characters to kill. I basically travel everywhere by evasion.

It's rather ironic how many people talk about Battle Hardened not being "useful" at all due to Evasion. Yet when I saw that skill with my low level Elf, all I could think is "Why would you NOT take this, especially if you plan on doing the upward power shot frequently?". That's a huge damage reduction that I would think would make her go from ultra squisy to the Terminator.

On another note, I just recently had a rod drop that was almost the ultimate rod for dragon killing (lvl 57)

Ice
-18% damage taken
+19% DMG to draconic foes
+10% crit
+17 Int
DMG up if spell repeated 3%
+15% Ice damage

In terms of loot, weapons and I guess shields in the case of the fighter can have different looks right?
Do you end up with crazy looking weapons eventually or are there only a few different weapons sprites more or less that get reused?
There are some few sprites that get reused because the stats and suffixes are randomized. Would be too much sprites to create. I think swords with demon in name look the best.

Regarding battle hardened : half damage and huge knockback resistance let you tank the fireball of the ancient dragon while charging your shots. It's ridiculous.

as a 35 Dwarf, I was able to get away with not dodging them. in fact, the only things I did dodge were the homing blasts and the big flame attack. I was able to just get in his face and withstand any dmg, it's like this for a lot of the bosses actually, even on hard so far (i'm lv 44 now). I doubt this will work on the final boss on hard difficulty tho

Yeah, this is pretty much what I did as a fighter (level 32, I think). I was lucky enough to find a high-damage/low-durability anti-dragon axe, so I just got up in the big guy's face and slashed away like it was no big deal. I am basically the worst player ever and will definitely need to work on my dodging and guarding now that I'm in Hard.

doomquake

&)@%$@$&!(%!%$#%!

Jesus.
H.
Christ.

How the hell am I matched up with god damn ritalin popping autistic spazzoids at 3 in the fucking morning!! These twitchy morons can NOT be still for a single fucking second.

Oh a chest -- nope, exit.
Oh, a rune -- nope, DASH DASH DASH KILL.
Oh, a quest objective -- NOPE EXIT.
Oh, it's the
Wraith, hey, let's go light a statue so he's vulnerable
-- LOLNOPE, I R HAZ TEH BUTTONZ MASHINGZ WEEEEE *pauses for sippy cup* WHEEEEEE.

*throws controller*

*cat squeals in an alley somewhere*

this was my night yesterday...first time since launch this annoyed me to the point of wanting to quit out. 5 adventures for nothing.

Sanctuary

this was my night yesterday...first time since launch this annoyed me to the point of wanting to quit out. 5 adventures for nothing.

I just had a similar experience with the Golem fight where you do it without your own Golem. Instead of actually moving back towards where the bomb throwing goblins spawn, let's keep the screen stuck so that you can only hit a goblin if it happens to wander your way (like once every minute and a half) while we whack away, taking about a minute to deal as much damage as what a bomb can in three seconds. Eventually I had one of the three joining me after he saw what I was doing, yet the other two obliviously whacked away doing their awesome 22, 32, 22, 32 etc damage.

I also had my very first black screen of disconnection-death last night, where about three hours of chain runs ended up being null and void.

Velcro Fly

Just got my final talisman with my dwarf. I'm level 33 and still have some side quests to wrap up before I clear the game on normal. The fight I've been dreading based on things I read was actually one of the easier boss fights in the second half of the game.

Can't decide if I want to continue my dwarf into hard mode or start a new character. I love this game and want to experience more of it besides the dwarf, but then I love my dwarf and want to keep going with him. I may just start a new character for normal while keeping on with my dwarf for Hard.

I get the feeling this is the kind of game I can play for an hour or two every day for a long time just playing all the different characters through at least normal.

Top Bottom