• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

What's the point of the Dwarf's Trinket Maniac skill? You get to +10 HP healed at 19 SP instead of a much more reasonable 11 SP with Wealth to Health.

It's useless. You get way more coin pickups than score items.

Originally I thought that Money is Power (coins add to score) and Trinket (score adds to health) combined, so that EVERYTHING you pick up heals you, but I just tested it, and nope.

So yeah, I had a similar opinion as you guys, but I've changed my mind for different reasons. If all you do is kill enemies/break stuff, then yeah, you'll find more coins. But, I like to stop and click all the sparkly hidden "loot points" along the way, hoping to find that jackpot loot point. So for my playstyle, I actually find way more score items than coins.

So, I guess if you wanted the best of both worlds, get Wealth to Health (coins for hp) and Trinket Maniac (loot points for hp). The great thing about Trinket Maniac too is, since score is shared among all 4 players, any time ANY person picks up a score item, you get healed for it. Not too shabby. (99% sure on this, will confirm later, lol)

Giolon

Hmm... thanks. I guess my problem with her is the slow start. I just feel it's pretty hard not to get hit with her slow swings when faced with a large group of enemies. When there are not many enemies, they just die too fast before I can build up berserk.

That's what Parry is for, IMO. You're slow without Beserk so you parry an attack, get 2 seconds of invulnerability (at rank 1, more at higher ranks) and start off your combo to start building Beserk stacks. Once you've got 1-2 stacks you'll be going fast enough that you'll be into Brandish fast enough that your odds of getting hit are pretty low. Amazon is pretty amazing - my first and favorite class. Elf is pretty beastly though but a lot more technical.

No Love

Banned
I wish the game gave you a little something every time someone else used your character as an NPC in their game. even if it's just a few gold that would be cool

That would be genius. What would be even better is if they had a 'learning AI' that mimics your playstyle so that when someone else uses your character as an NPC teammate in their game, it plays the way you do. So the better you play, the more score you rack up since people will keep using your NPC in their game.

And to facilitate that even further, they should have the NPC's level up so that people can keep your character around if they're really good. :)

lunlunqq

That's what Parry is for, IMO. You're slow without Beserk so you parry an attack, get 2 seconds of invulnerability (at rank 1, more at higher ranks) and start off your combo to start building Beserk stacks. Once you've got 1-2 stacks you'll be going fast enough that you'll be into Brandish fast enough that your odds of getting hit are pretty low. Amazon is pretty amazing - my first and favorite class. Elf is pretty beastly though but a lot more technical.

Thanks. I will try that, too. I'm so used to the flying-around games with my Elf, it's very hard for to stay on the ground. I just feel naked when I'm not up in the air.

So yesterday I said that I was going to go buy the Vita version so I could take my PS3 save on the road trip I was taking.

Thank god I did. 1 hour into the trip, I got a flat tire and had no jack. I had to wait 3 hours for roadside assistance.

So here's what I did during those 3 hours:

8wjzT52.jpg

I chain ran through all 9 of my bags with 2 bows in each bag.

I was level 88 when the chain run started. Here's the result after 54 million exp:

iA1HmCP.jpg

And here's the best bow I got from the run:

JhuZj8Z.jpg

There was so much loot in the results screen it literally took 14 seconds to scroll from the top to the bottom of the loot list. I know because I had nothing else to do in the damn car so I timed it.

Successful car trouble was successful.

lupin23rd

How are you guys managing the desire the appraise everything and end up with having no money after a run of stages lol

Feeling like I should just update equipment once a day bases on rank, and sell everything I get that I don't use, but I'm sure there's a better way.

How are you guys managing the desire the appraise everything and end up with having no money after a run of stages lol

Feeling like I should just update equipment once a day bases on rank, and sell everything I get that I don't use, but I'm sure there's a better way.

I don't even bother to apprise anything that isn't S rank and it has at least ???-??? damage and lots of ???? bonuses :D

I only appraise glowies, or B+ level gear that I may need (like I have no extra gauntlets or belts at the moment). Everything else gets sold.

So far the highest DEX bonus I got on bow was +30. I only finished game on hard so I guess there should be higher on Infernal. Did you see higher then +30?

Ah, I guess it's time to invest in this brandish skill as you said. Thanks.

Yes, Brandish is quite amazing.

At lvl 56 I have Berserk/Brandish/Punisher/War Paint/Incite Rage/Aerial Revolution all maxed, and I have no regrets. I killed the
Red Dragon
solo on Hard in under 30 seconds with this setup + decent gear. Probably going to move to leveling Adrenaline next. The reason I put points into Revolution is for non-ground enemies. It's pretty decent at max level... but your main damage is going to be comboing into your brandish swings.

I got lvl 5 parry also, it's a good thing to use right before a combo; having those initial 3.5 seconds of invincibility is nice once you get the timing down.

I'll probably catch hell for this and I'm probably bad or whatever but the talisman fetch quest sucked the life right out of the game for me.

And unlocking online for every character is dumb as fuck. I'm sorry, it is.

No Love

Banned
I'll probably catch hell for this and I'm probably bad or whatever but the talisman fetch quest sucked the life right out of the game for me

Uh, how is it a fetch quest? It opens up 9 new B stages with brand new bosses, enemies, and quests. It's kinda like having to beat the different bosses in Megaman X to fight the last boss.

I think you don't know what a fetch quest is, honestly. :eek:

Moofers

edit: If you do use Brutal Drive, you can equip a second weapon on your character to use when your main one is stuck in the ground. Just bind them both to a hot key and when one is unusable switch to the other. Only caveat is that the CD for switching weapons is HUGE, so no potions for awhile. Also it's helpful because sometimes (when online with other people) you'll lose your weapon offscreen and be unable to get it. Equipping a different weapon not only lets you use an Axe again, but it automatically picks up your previous weapon.

Aw man, great tip. I had no idea you could swap out Axes like that. This. Changes. Everything! lol

So yesterday I said that I was going to go buy the Vita version so I could take my PS3 save on the road trip I was taking.

Thank god I did. 1 hour into the trip, I got a flat tire and had no jack. I had to wait 3 hours for roadside assistance.

So here's what I did during those 3 hours:

8wjzT52.jpg

I chain ran through all 9 of my bags with 2 bows in each bag.

I was level 88 when the chain run started. Here's the result after 54 million exp:

iA1HmCP.jpg

And here's the best bow I got from the run:

JhuZj8Z.jpg

There was so much loot in the results screen it literally took 14 seconds to scroll from the top to the bottom of the loot list. I know because I had nothing else to do in the damn car so I timed it.

Successful car trouble was successful.

That's nuts dude! I gotta start chaining more runs like that.

Uh, how is it a fetch quest? It opens up 9 new B stages with brand new bosses, enemies, and quests. It's kinda like having to beat the different bosses in Megaman X to fight the last boss.

So you're telling me this negates the fact that players have to gather 9 talismans in stages they've already been through (the routes arent that different and you know it) to progress/finish the story?

Alrighty.

So you're telling me this negates the fact that players have to gather 9 talismans in stages they've already been through (the routes arent that different and you know it) to progress/finish the story?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding but the entire game revolves around replaying those 9 dungeons (18 overall paths with the alternate routes). If that seems like a bad time than yes, this game is going to let you down.

On paper that looks pretty scant, content wise, but for some reason this game pulls it off well, and still has me hooked. It may be because you get to know the levels pretty well, and that knowledge lets you tailor your bags'o'equipment to provide the best benefits for each run. Yeah, that's probably it ;P

Artorias

Banned

Alrighty.

I can understand if you didn't enjoy the different bosses, but that doesn't make it a fetch quest. There are fetch quests in DC, that just isn't one of them.

No Love

Banned

Alrighty.

You don't gather them. There is no 'fetching.' Like I said, you don't know what a fetch quest is. Beating 9 bosses to unlock a final boss to beat the game isn't a fetch quest. Period.

I guess Megaman X is full of fetch quests? I guess every game ever made where you have to beat different levels to unlock the final one is a fetch quest?And the routes aren't that different? They look totally different, new enemies, and new bosses... uh, ok. If you're going to talk crap on the game, at least do it without factual and logical fallacies.

Brb... doing a fetch quest to obtain a higher license in Gran Turismo so I can unlock new races.

QP3

1. Has anyone had issues getting online? (Vita) I havent been able to get on in 3 days.

2. How come now whenever I open chests in dungeons, a bunch of rocks drop and stun all of us? and no treasure.

You don't gather them. There is no 'fetching.' Like I said, you don't know what a fetch quest is. Beating 9 bosses to unlock a final boss to beat the game isn't a fetch quest. Period.

I guess Megaman X is full of fetch quests? I guess every game ever made where you have to beat different levels to unlock the final one is a fetch quest?And the routes aren't that different? They look totally different, new enemies, and new bosses... uh, ok. If you're going to talk crap on the game, at least do it without factual and logical fallacies.

Brb... doing a fetch quest to obtain a higher license in Gran Turismo so I can unlock new races.

That's real nice.

Have a good evening!

do you have a link? I'm considering getting a vita this black friday/holiday season if only for Dragon's Crown and a few other games. the idea of being able to play Dragon's Crown on the go is drool worthy. I would definitely keep playing it long after I'm "done" with the game since a single dungeon run can be as short as 10 min

Amazon Link

Amazon looks to only have one set. This could be a problem because the package contains 6 different stick covers, none are the same. It has 2 dpad covers too, but those are just blasphemous. So, to get matching covers, you'll need to order 2 sets. There are some interesting ones, I'd recommend it.

Pardon the dust, but the glossy black Vitas are dust magnets when you use a flash. It was perfect otherwise, I swear! The stick covers don't look too deep, but they go down more than they look.

Wow dude you got the sickest weapon I've seen yet. I have an amazon weapon that's 247-255 and a fighter weapon that's 251-255.

@ dude who's car gotta flat.

Amazon Link

Amazon looks to only have one set. This could be a problem because the package contains 6 different stick covers, none are the same. It has 2 dpad covers too, but those are just blasphemous. So, to get matching covers, you'll need to order 2 sets. There are some interesting ones, I'd recommend it.

Pardon the dust, but the glossy black Vitas are dust magnets when you use a flash. It was perfect otherwise, I swear! The stick covers don't look too deep, but they go down more than they look.

awesome, I'll keep this handy and hopefully will still be able to find it when/if I get a vita in a few months. thanks!

*looks at dust. game screen contains words super and dust. gaffer loves dust confirmed*

RangerBAD

Listen to this, guys. I spent all day adventuring (4-5 hours) and got up to a 13M+ score. All my equipment had broke, so I was just about to go in to town after I finished the current round. I was in the middle of the boss fight and the dreaded "Disconnect/Connection Lost. Returning to town." message came up.

So I lost all of my EXP, most of my loot, none of my money, all the talisman (I had managed to get them all in the run) and none of my quests!

I kept myself from throwing my controller through the window, but I felt pretty sick. All I can say is this glitch is unacceptable, Atlus.

jody_cundy_2437041b.jpg

No Love

Banned
Listen to this, guys. I spent all day adventuring (4-5 hours) and got up to a 13M+ score. All my equipment had broke, so I was just about to go in to town after I finished the current round. I was in the middle of the boss fight and the dreaded "Disconnect/Connection Lost. Returning to town." message came up.

So I lost all of my EXP, most of my loot, none of my money, all the talisman (I had managed to get them all in the run) and none of my quests!

I kept myself from throwing my controller through the window, but I felt pretty sick. All I can say is this glitch is unacceptable, Atlus.

jody_cundy_2437041b.jpg

That's why I limit my runs to 4-6 dungeons at most. Think about it... sure, you can chain them to level up super fast, but then there's the risk of losing all that time due to that error and having to do it again.

Also another reason why solo'ing offline can work out better for stuff like that. :\ Sorry man... I'd be fucking pissed.

RangerBAD

That's why I limit my runs to 4-6 dungeons at most. Think about it... sure, you can chain them to level up super fast, but then there's the risk of losing all that time due to that error and having to do it again.

Also another reason why solo'ing offline can work out better for stuff like that. :\ Sorry man... I'd be fucking pissed.

Yeah, I was afraid the whole time I was doing the run, but it doesn't really dismiss the absurdity of this glitch. I should have quit the adventure when it kept trying to synchronize with the other players. Hindsight is 20/20, you know?

No Love

Banned
Whats the deal with the glitch?

Lose connection and you lose all your progress? Or something else?

If you're dungeon running with others and the connection gets squirrelly/lost, it can kick you out to a black screen and all the progress/ish you did with them gets zapped.

Bombless

Fuck the people that do nothing but eat other people's food during the cooking minigame. Way to ruin a great and fun side of the game that also can give you mad buffs for the next run.

Congrats, you just spend 1 minute just staring at the screen.

I hope next patch they lock down the food for each player. At least I can still work for my buffs while they just stand there.

Giolon

Oh my god the final boss on wizard is impossible. I hate this character.

Here's what my friend told me did on his Sorceress:
stand off on the side on one of the walls as far back as you can and shoot at the dragon.

You can also get a Meteor off pretty easily right after the boss first shows up and after a flyby.

Anything special you did in preparation?

Nothing special.

I just made sure I had two bows in each bag.

You could go for 3 weapons but I found that armor starts breaking around the time you're finishing with a 2nd weapon.

I also carry both Toxic Extract and Salamander Oil and I'd be just about out of both by the time the 2nd weapon would be breaking.

One bag would last me 5-6 dungeons, so in total I must have chained 45+ dungeons.

On the very last run (Forgotten Sanctuary), every piece of my equipment was broken in the 9th bag including all weapons so I had to settle for letting the Archdemon die to the rays of light.

Pejo

So I'm almost done beating the game with the last character (sorceress) that I need to get the artwork, then off to lv. 99 with my favorite class (which i still haven't decided).

A game hasn't got its hooks into me this bad since Dark Souls.

I'm even thinking about double dipping on my Vita just to see that amazing artwork on the OLED, and to have Dragon's Crown on the go. I keep reminding myself WAIT FOR A SALE but i don't want to..... I have a problem, lol.

Top Bottom