• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Giolon

Well, the patch didn't fix the issue where when you spontaneously get disconnected from a game and sent back to town you don't get to keep quest progress or XP. You do get to keep loot, so it's not a total loss.

kubricks

This doesn't sound too good, I guess I'm gonna hold off on DLing the patch then

Oh crap, now every time I want to go online it prompts I need an update version, but the patch gives me error so I am stuck in offline play.... fuck. ;/
Anyone else have that same c0-12574-9 error?

Giolon

Oh crap, now every time I want to go online it prompts I need an update version, but the patch gives me error so I am stuck in offline play.... fuck. ;/
Anyone else have that same c0-12574-9 error?

I was able to patch both my PS3 and Vita versions fine, but I'm using physical copies not downloaded copies. This error cropped up for some other game "When Vikings Attack", and it ended up being an updated version of the game had to be re-downloaded from the store: http://community.eu.playstation.com...g-quot-when-Vikings-attack-quot/td-p/17676682

Just realized at lvl 40 ish that Maintenance hasn't been helping save my spell book uses. Dammit. It hit me when I was spamming a crossbow on my Sorc like a gatling gun and it wasn't running out of ammo.

DUH.

Amnesia potion FTW.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyone can confirm whether the patch issues is caused by physical/digital download differences? Because I have the digital version :((

Edit: apparently those with physical copies gets affected as well. Oh well.

kubricks

I was able to patch both my PS3 and Vita versions fine, but I'm using physical copies not downloaded copies. This error cropped up for some other game "When Vikings Attack", and it ended up being an updated version of the game had to be re-downloaded from the store: http://community.eu.playstation.com...g-quot-when-Vikings-attack-quot/td-p/17676682

My game is a physical copy.
I just tried to back up my Vita's save to PC, delete the game on the Vita, re-install the game on Vita clean, download the patch from PSN, install the patch and...... same error.

What gives? ;_;

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I love the patch if only because I won't hear the narrator over and over now. xD And not having to click the hidden items is very nice too. That was tedious.

Getting addicted to this game now that I can chain dungeons. I'm gonna need to get the life point prayer in solo mode though, cause... I suck. XD I don't have problems with item degradation now that I have 3 bags with decent gear, but I do lose my lives on bosses quite a bit. xD The gazer whooped my ass so bad, I ended up having a slight gold deficit at the end, lol (like -6 gold).

Still hate that you're limited in the number of quests you can choose though. Come on, what's up with that?

Well, isn't that what you were looking for anyway?

Bazinga!.gif

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thank goodness the update went smoothly! :D :D :D

Question!

Is the red-colored equipment here on the AI selection screen means that they're broken? Or that they're rare? AI Equipments can be broken, I know, but I just wondered if they stay that way once I go back to town.

2013_08_22_180913.jpg

anddo0

The new patch is pretty good. It's a step in the right direction.

Thank goodness the update went smoothly! :D :D :D

Question!

Is the red-colored equipment here on the AI selection screen means that they're broken? Or that they're rare? AI Equipments can be broken, I know, but I just wondered if they stay that way once I go back to town.

http://s9.postimg.org/6ivxi2u3j/2013_08_22_180913.jpg

Broken and can't be fixed. You have to dismiss them.

Alright, I have the Vita cart so I'll try downloading the update.

edit - Updated successfully, woot woot! Gonna get back into playing once I get back from buying books

I'm lvl 40 and this is the first time that's happened to me...and I always make it a point to knock down the guy with apples whenever I'm in town.

You gotta knock him down two or three times consecutively to get in jail, maybe you were only doing it just once each time

Sanctuary

So what happened to the ability to actually toss bombs and daggers a good distance horizontally? Now when using up + triangle, it just launches them way off into space at an odd and very useless angle.

Tokubetsu

So this patch made synch issues and lag significantly worse for me. I was having zero problems pre-patch. Now every game I join has a lot of lag and drops.

Deitus

So what happened to the ability to actually toss bombs and daggers a good distance horizontally? Now when using up + triangle, it just launches them way off into space at an odd and very useless angle.

That's intended for fighting certain bosses that are always above eye level, which previously made throwing weapons useless. But yeah, if you miss you are screwed because in my brief time playing with that in town, they don't seem to ever come down.

As for throwing a short distance, you can still do that for bombs by pressing square. Daggers could never do this anyway; previously you could only throw them horizontally, which would make them travel to the end of the screen.

Giolon

Press forward + triangle to throw straight ahead.

After 85 hours with Elf I think it's time to part our ways for now and move on to next character. Elf is really awesome class, it might take some time to see her potential and get use to her playstyle, but once you get her up and going, she's unstoppable. I will get back to her again, but for now I want to try different class and I think I'm gonna hang out with Sorceress for a little while :)

Okay two quick questions my Dragon's Crown brethren.

1) I see a lot of people ask but I never see a response. If all side quests are completed and you are level 99 is there enough skill points to max everything out or is there not enough.

2) What's the deal with coliseum? I've tried for two days both patch and prepatch to get a match and I haven't gotten one. I tried joining and hosting and nothing. It always says can't connect. Is this common? This is gonna the pain in the ass trophy to get and it's not even that hard.

After 85 hours with Elf I think it's time to part our ways for now and move on to next character. Elf is really awesome class, it might take some time to see her potential and get use to her playstyle, but once you get her up and going, she's unstoppable. I will get back to her again, but for now I want to try different class and I think I'm gonna hang out with Sorceress for a little while :)

Yeah, it's been a bit weird for me coming directly off of Dwarf, but I just unlocked Clone Strikes and i feel like she's just about to get good.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I feel really stupid, but I just realized the occasional "blue" thieves you encounter who drop a lot of score-boosting items (like the hidden items) are pretty much a tribute to those little imps you hit for power-ups between each Golden Axe level. I did notice the Golden Axe tribute with the beast-riding on day one, but the thieves only just registered yesterday.

Giolon

Okay two quick questions my Dragon's Crown brethren.

1) I see a lot of people ask but I never see a response. If all side quests are completed and you are level 99 is there enough skill points to max everything out or is there not enough.

2) What's the deal with coliseum? I've tried for two days both patch and prepatch to get a match and I haven't gotten one. I tried joining and hosting and nothing. It always says can't connect. Is this common? This is gonna the pain in the ass trophy to get and it's not even that hard.

1) You get 155 skill points total. No, it's not enough to max everything. Here's a Skill Calculator: http://fruitriin.sakura.ne.jp/DrgnsCrwnSS/eng/

2) I've only ever found a match 1 time, and it was against someone who vastly outleveled me. You can also go in w/ your friends I believe. Further, you can play against computer players if you Host. I haven't had a problem Hosting my own Coliseum game, but I haven't tried since the patch.

I feel really stupid, but I just realized the occasional "blue" thieves you encounter who drop a lot of score-boosting items (like the hidden items) are pretty much a tribute to those little imps you hit for power-ups between each Golden Axe level. I did notice the Golden Axe tribute with the beast-riding on day one, but the thieves only just registered yesterday.

Kinda related but not Golden Axe, I noticed with either the "red" or "blue" thieves (can't remember which one) will occasionally say "STEAL!" when trying to take your treasure, pretty funny

golden_axe1_250873.jpg

Hated those little fuckers. They were such a pleasure to stomp.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Yup And just like in Golden Axe's campfire moments, you'll sometimes randomly get mobbed by half a dozen blue thieves in a room.

Carnby

I'm on the last talisman and fighting the red dragon. I'm at level 30 and it cost 100,000 gold to revive a party member. I just don't see me finishing this game. It was an underwhelming ride and I have no interest in starting over.

I love the patch if only because I won't hear the narrator over and over now.
Yeah. I like that improvement.

Still hate that you're limited in the number of quests you can choose though. Come on, what's up with that?
It helps to choose quests for a single stage. That way, you can complete around 3 out of 5 of them in one path, unless you have a "kill/collect" quest.

I used to think that fight was completely stupid for a caster, until I figured out the "trick" to it. Then it just went from stupid to annoying. Try doing it as a lower leveled Fighter for your first time though. It's absolutely ridiculous how awful it is. In fact, the Fighter feels so much like it's a completely half-baked design. Losing your sword is bad enough (even when you aren't using the moves that purposefully slam it into the floor), but you can also lose your shield. He's also pretty terrible at taking damage. You can block, and even get 50% chance for auto block, but it does nothing when you're getting hit out of your attack animations; especially the long lasting ground combo that's his level 15 core skill. Maybe the class actually starts to come into it's own at level 65 or whatever, but it's pretty nightmarish early on, and you wouldn't think it would be for the "tank" character.

getting hit as a fighter is doing it wrong.

I barely touch the ground when using it, and when I do I'm blocking.

Aerial flurry until i see i'm gonna get hit, then just aerial evasion+aerial dash.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It helps to choose quests for a single stage. That way, you can complete around 3 out of 5 of them in one path, unless you have a "kill/collect" quest.
Yeah, I do that as much as possible, but right now most of my outstanding quests scattered across various levels, with maybe 2 at the most for a single level. Very annoying. If I pick 5 quests out of 8 and happen to stumble on a level where it's a quest I hadn't picked... grrr.

How fun is this game guys? I had it pre-ordered, but was out of state at the time of release and my pre-order was cancelled. But I'll most likely get it this week. it looks like it has a lot of replayability.

No Love

Banned
How fun is this game guys? I had it pre-ordered, but was out of state at the time of release and my pre-order was cancelled. But I'll most likely get it this week. it looks like it has a lot of replayability.

It is fucking awesome. If you start to get bored, switch characters and the game is instantly fresh and different again.

lunchtoast

1.01 Patch is out on Vita at least and PS3 in NA.

Notes:

• Increased online connection stability
    [*]Hidden items will now appear by moving the cursor over them.
  • Additional access to the hotkey menu has been added. Hold the L1 button to access the items set in your equipment for quick use.
  • Daggers and bombs may now be thrown at an angle with the Left Stick Up + Triangle button
  • Added an option in Morgan's Magic Item Shop to repair all equipment in all bags.
  • Other system fixes such as improved controls and enhanced functions have been implemented.

Was wondering why it started doing that today. Figured it was some upgraded ability or something.

Giolon

I'm at 70 hours on it w/ a 64 Amazon, 46 Sorceress, 36 Elf, and 15 Fighter. I think that speaks for itself. (It's pretty awesome, as long as you find fun in leveling up characters, finding random loot, and beating the shit out of the same types of enemies over and over. If you're looking for a deep storytelling experience, you will not find it here.)

Sanctuary

Press forward + triangle to throw straight ahead.

Yeah, after sending one into orbit I tried simply pressing forward instead of up, but was just getting the regular ground toss (short distance). I'll try again later.

getting hit as a fighter is doing it wrong.

I barely touch the ground when using it, and when I do I'm blocking.

Aerial flurry until i see i'm gonna get hit, then just aerial evasion+aerial dash.

Yeah, I don't like spending an hour in the air to kill simple trash that dies from being on the ground in about 1/4th of the time with just the default ground combo. It also makes Tempest pointless. The Cyclone Masher only seems good against some bosses and "okay" against others. If you seriously need to spend that much time in the air just to not lose your weapon constantly, no thanks. That just makes the Fighter the slowest class in the game. In fact, staying in the air so much makes the majority of the Fighter's skills pointless.

My current Fighter is only level 25, so maybe eventually the class actually becomes good, but compared to the Wizard, Sorceress, Elf and Amazon it feels completely weak at the lower levels. Losing your weapon and shield when you aren't even using Rebuke is just an utterly stupid game mechanic.

Giolon

Yeah, after sending one into orbit I tried simply pressing forward instead of up, but was just getting the regular ground toss (short distance). I'll try again later.

For Daggers it's definitely Forward + Triangle, but for Bombs I think it might've been Forward + Square. I was throwing them across the screen last night.

Sanctuary

For Daggers it's definitely Forward + Triangle, but for Bombs I think it might've been Forward + Square. I was throwing them across the screen last night.

It's probably just a button issue. Ever since reading about how up + triangle worked prior to the patch for tossing them at a much farther distance horizontally, that's what I was using (or at least, I'm pretty sure that's what I was doing).

Top Bottom