• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Bombless

I've had that happen to me a couple times a few patches ago, doing talisman runs and them not registering. Had to switch difficulties back and forth in order for it to go back to normal.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
My observation about the talisman when playing online are that if you are not the host, and the host already has the talisman, you don't obtain it even if you don't have it yourself. If the host doesn't have the talisman already, you both get it.

A bit weird and probably a glitch, but that has been my experience when playing with some friends online.

maouvin

I can't say for sure since I've never played online, but I THINK only the host progresses in the story when playing online? Someone else will have to confirm.

My observation about the talisman when playing online are that if you are not the host, and the host already has the talisman, you don't obtain it even if you don't have it yourself. If the host doesn't have the talisman already, you both get it.

A bit weird and probably a glitch, but that has been my experience when playing with some friends online.

iirc it was corrected on the 1.03 patch - both for couch coop and online.

I did get talismans already owned by the host recently (a day after 1.04 or something).

Endo Punk

The Euro version has yet to receive any patches. Wish Vanilla would hurry up, I know as a PAL region we are a fractured mess but come on! Release it for UK at least :(

Bombless

The Euro version has yet to receive any patches. Wish Vanilla would hurry up, I know as a PAL region we are a fractured mess but come on! Release it for UK at least :(

Check your options screen. If on the 2nd page you have Crossplay YES/NO then your version is already up to date.

JimPanzer

all PAL versions are the same version - in fact they are the same as the US version.
but I want these updates too :O

Bombless

Hey guys, anyone got more details on how the newest patch effects Amazon?

The latest patch doesn't affect the Amazon as far as I can remember. The patch before that her berserk was de-nerfed. She's great now. You still lose berserk state faster, but you also regain it much faster. Brandish is still nerfed in damage, but that's okay.

OmegaZero

The latest patch doesn't affect the Amazon as far as I can remember. The patch before that her berserk was de-nerfed. She's great now. You still lose berserk state faster, but you also regain it much faster. Brandish is still nerfed in damage, but that's okay.

Sweet, no wonder I couldn't find anything.
Thanks for the info.

The Euro version is actually at 1.01; it's not 1.00 since it already has the "hover rather than click cursor to make items pop out" as well as L as an alternative to D-Pad Up for shortcuts. It's not 1.02 since it doesn't have the triangular, bottom of the screen player indicators (toggable or otherwise).

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Finished the game a second time today, with the Sorc (first time was with the Elf). Still just as great as ever. Think I'm gonna focus on clearing out the LoC before I start up another character. Plus I need to hit 50 with Elf so I can use the badass bow I got in the LoC.

99% sure this will be my GOTY.

Dave1988

The Euro version is actually at 1.01; it's not 1.00 since it already has the "hover rather than click cursor to make items pop out" as well as L as an alternative to D-Pad Up for shortcuts. It's not 1.02 since it doesn't have the triangular, bottom of the screen player indicators (toggable or otherwise).

Wow, so we're three patches behind. Wonder how long it'll take for the 1.04 patch to reach Europe.

Endo Punk

The game really doesn't feel repetitive because of the random enemy placement. I wasn't really paying attention until I realized the owl-bears are not appearing in the lost woods where they normally do. That's really awesome, makes the slaying quests a lot more interesting.

I thought Dwarf was a beast to play with but the Elf really comes into her own, I adore the move that makes her fire arrows back while running forward. Instant KO. Thought Level caps were weird but that would mean you can take your characters across difficulty settings? If so then that's really awesome.

Wow, so we're three patches behind. Wonder how long it'll take for the 1.04 patch to reach Europe.

That's a shame because the patches added quite significant improvements. Hope we don't have to wait long.

I was told the EU version is the same as the NA so why aren't the patches up to date?

Dave1988

The game really doesn't feel repetitive because of the random enemy placement. I wasn't really paying attention until I realized the owl-bears are not appearing in the lost woods where they normally do. That's really awesome, makes the slaying quests a lot more interesting.

I thought Dwarf was a beast to play with but the Elf really comes into her own, I adore the move that makes her fire arrows back while running forward. Instant KO. Thought Level caps were weird but that would mean you can take your characters across difficulty settings? If so then that's really awesome.

That's a shame because the patches added quite significant improvements. Hope we don't have to wait long.

I was told the EU version is the same as the NA so why aren't the patches up to date?

Patches still need to go through certification. One would think that Atlus would be nice enough to include at least the game updated to 1.03 on the disc but nope. I really, really hope that they'll release the 1.04 patch but seeing as the game won't exactly light the charts on fire and most people who were interested in DC already bought the US version, we might end up with a situation where the EU version will be patch-less as Atlus / NISA won't bother to pony up the cash to get the patch certified :(

Btw Endo, would you be up for running co-op?

Quixzlizx

Yes, the game is like Diablo where you roll existing characters over into the harder difficulties.

Also, that sprinting turnaround clone shot is totally badass, but you're going to want to learn to use the airborne charged shot + evade cancel combo. When you have Impact Arrow maxed, the shots have massive splash damage since they are hitting the ground, and you're only using one arrow at a time instead of however many shots your Clone Shot is leveled to.

Endo Punk

Yes, the game is like Diablo where you roll existing characters over into the harder difficulties.

Also, that sprinting turnaround clone shot is totally badass, but you're going to want to learn to use the airborne charged shot + evade cancel combo. When you have Impact Arrow maxed, the shots have massive splash damage since they are hitting the ground, and you're only using one arrow at a time instead of however many shots your Clone Shot is leveled to.

That sounds so good. 30 hours and the game keeps on giving.

Btw Endo, would you be up for running co-op?

Sure. I'll add you for co-op.

Giolon

I'm surprised this game didn't get more of an activity boost when it came out in Europe. I guess nobody over there cared huh?

So happy the Amazon got un-nerfed. I'm at level 94 now, and the XP curve has gotten insane, even with the crazy 40000 gold Score buff.

Dave1988

I'm surprised this game didn't get more of an activity boost when it came out in Europe. I guess nobody over there cared huh?

So happy the Amazon got un-nerfed. I'm at level 94 now, and the XP curve has gotten insane, even with the crazy 40000 gold Score buff.

Europe is on patch 1.01. We can't connect to anyone with the 1.04 patch.

Bombless

I suspect most Europeans did what I did, ordered it overseas.

In other news, extremely dissapointed by the Dagger Elf. It does insane damage but losing the daggers so damn fast makes it unusable. I might respec her and continue on with the bow but I don't really like that style. Going to focus on finishing normal with the Wizard.

Having Meteor landing is probably the most satisfying thing ever. I have doubts on the actual value of the spell though. Doesn't seem to do enough damage given the ridiculous casting time involved.

Playing Catacombs B online with randoms can be infuriating. Stop fighting the Wraith, yes you need to move to the right. What are you even doing, listen to the narrator, argh!

Quixzlizx

I suspect most Europeans did what I did, ordered it overseas.

In other news, extremely dissapointed by the Dagger Elf. It does insane damage but losing the daggers so damn fast makes it unusable. I might respec her and continue on with the bow but I don't really like that style. Going to focus on finishing normal with the Wizard.

Having Meteor landing is probably the most satisfying thing ever. I have doubts on the actual value of the spell though. Doesn't seem to do enough damage given the ridiculous casting time involved.

You have enough points to have a decent loadout for 2 out of 3 of bows, daggers, and elemental lore. Realistically, one of the two needs to be bows.

Also, did you put points into Maintenance to keep your daggers from running out so quickly?

Ogawa-san

I didn't expect to struggle so hard to get the infernal Ancient Dragon down as a max level sorc... Got it to half health before the first take off, then the AI allies started derping like taking breaths or just watching me fight. It almost healed twice.

Getting the 4min kill trophy will be fun.

Endo Punk

Love the references to classic games, movies and such. The way the Minotaur dies reminds me of Death Adder in Golden Axe. Roland being a Conan type character, Jason and the Argonauts skeletons etc. Man this game captures my childhood pretty damn well :D And so much sexy art! Awesome! lol.

I Have yet to beat the game but I think it may well end up in my 10 this gen.

I'm also looking for someone to co-op with in europe. I'm currently only lvl45ish on my fighter but will lvl up over the next few days!

That's ok, Im only 35 with Elf and Dwarf. Need to get to the next difficulty to level higher. I'll add ya this week too.

Europe is on patch 1.01. We can't connect to anyone with the 1.04 patch.

Vanilla, Please!

Playing Catacombs B online with randoms can be infuriating. Stop fighting the Wraith, yes you need to move to the right. What are you even doing, listen to the narrator, argh!

At least your randoms fought it, the randoms I had when playing online to fight it only ran away, I was fighting the screen more than the Wraith, everyone else was running to the right and I was the only one attacking when the torches were lit. Not cool.

At least your randoms fought it, the randoms I had when playing online to fight it only ran away, I was fighting the screen more than the Wraith, everyone else was running to the right and I was the only one attacking when the torches were lit. Not cool.

I was fighting the screen from the opposite direction. I wanted to move onto the next statue, the randoms wanted to fight the invincible wraith.

Dave1988

Guys, I've just been prompted to download patch 1.01 for DC EU.

It's happening. gif.

EDIT: Yup, they rolled up patches 1.02 to 1.04 into one patch for Europe. Cross play can be selected now :D

Since the crossplay patch is out in Europe now I might as well scrap the system column in the playerlist, since now everyone can play with each other. I'll keep it in a backup if enough people want it back.

edit - On second thought, I might just leave it in, the list will look kinda empty without it lol. I'll think about it.

Fireflu

Ugh.... After literally spending 30+ minutes trying to find Dragon's Crown on that BLOODY PS store I finally find it by doing a search and scrolling right to the very bottom of the page. I then selected the add on for the narrative voice pack for £1.59 and downloaded it only to find out it was for the vita!!

So then I had to spend another 10 mins finding the PS3 version and downloading that for an additional £1.59... so 40 odd mins later iv'e lost £3.18 on something that was free for America/Japan for the first month of release DX

Just a heads up warning for anyone else, be absolutely sure that the dlc your downloading is for your platform of choice as they do not make it clear at all which version it is.

Has anyone else had as much of a pain as I have trying to find the correct version of DC on the store?

Yep. For the record, the best place to kill owlbears is, counterintuitively enough, Ancient Ruins B. In particular, fleeing the Medusa leads to several owlbears more. I think it's the only place where you have guaranteed owlbears.

Yep, you can; there are free prayers at the temple that let you change difficulties.

Love the references to classic games, movies and such. The way the Minotaur dies reminds me of Death Adder in Golden Axe. Roland being a Conan type character, Jason and the Argonauts skeletons etc.

That's not even the only Jason and the Argonauts reference. :)
talos-in-jason-and-the-argonauts.jpg
468px-Golem.jpg

I Have yet to beat the game but I think it may well end up in my 10 this gen.

Scary thing? For me the game truly began to shine on Hard; boss fights that seemed trivial, even boring (minotaur, for example) change completely when adding, well, adds. This was one of my most wanted games for this entire gen and it delivered all I wanted and more.

EDIT: Yup, they rolled up patches 1.02 to 1.04 into one patch for Europe. Cross play can be selected now :D

AWWW YISSSS. Amazing. I didn't even know that cross play was rolled out to US yet!

Has anyone else had as much of a pain as I have trying to find the correct version of DC on the store?

I did not buy it for my EU Vita version, as a) I already have it for the US version, and b) you can buy them with in-game money, of which I currently have 2 million and nothing to spend it in. :)

OmegaZero

Hey guys, two more questions:

1) Any Elf users know how the recent patches have changed her? I was thinking of getting back into Dragon's Crown and wanted to know what I should expect now that I have the latest patch.

2) Anyone having Ad-hoc issues when connecting a Vita to another Vita for co-op? I keep getting disconnected mid-game now.

Ketch

Beat the ancient dragon for the first time today. Playing Elf. I'm still going on hard, but I'm like lvl 31 and the lowest dungeon is like 40... so that kind of sucks.

Dave1988

Beat the ancient dragon for the first time today. Playing Elf. I'm still going on hard, but I'm like lvl 31 and the lowest dungeon is like 40... so that kind of sucks.

Join a random room. Level difference means jack shit with a decent party.

Dyno

Join a random room. Level difference means jack shit with a decent party.

This is true, levels are easy to come by when you go online.

My 65th level fighter beat the A-Dragon and went into Infernal difficulty. The minimum recomended level is 70 so I just stocked up my backpacks and got into games.

On the first run I got up to 69th level. I then did a second, longer run and got up to 76th level. Plus with other players we were hitting B bosses so I picked up four talismans. I'm gaining levels on Infernal faster than any other difficulty. I'll just do this until I hit 90th level and then see how I want to finish this character.

Should I save the Chaos Labryinth until I'm near MAX level?

The level difference can be overcome with skill or clearing floors 1 - 3 of LOC.

Yeah, you're supposed to hit LOC as soon as you start Hard. The rewards are nice and floor 1 has enemies at levels like 20 something (meaning it's kind of a bore if you wait until you are higher level). I usually do floor 1 and 2 of the LOC at least, then jump back into A paths to clear quests.

But yeah, playing well in this game can have you soloing content 10 levels above. I actually love that, it keeps you on your toes.

Bought the digital version for Ps3 three hours ago. Haven't played it yet (fuck work^^) but I hope it's good. I like RPG's, especially Diablo, Demon's/ Dark souls, Skyrim, etc. So yeah....fantasy stuff. Any tips for a beginner?

Jumping back into this after a few weeks away... quick questions that is probably really obvious, but...

Certain boss fights have things you need to do, like grab a key and put it into a lock or load cannons...and it seems no matter what I press I can't interact. Like when I pick up the key, I can't seem to activate the lock. What am I doing wrong guys??

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
You need to hit square to use the items you pick up (such as keys, torches etc.). Not very intuitive, I know, but it's basically to "attack" with your "equipped" items so it makes some sort of sense I guess...

isual

got this yesterday. played for 10 hours up and until the dark souls 2 beta then continued playing because the beta didn't work out.

already level 32 wizard. Gonna ding 35 and try to 2 minute kill the dragon.

Top Bottom