• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

In any case, level 33 is more than plenty to beat the Ancient Dragon. This game is an arcade; you're not supposed to beat every boss on your first try (although it's often the case). Keep trying and learn its attack patterns.

So, is nobody else playing Dragon's Crown anymore? :/

I'm getting close to finishing the game on Hard, with all six classes between level 50-60.

Bombless

I've burned myself out after about 120 hours of play. Will work on characters in the future. I still ♡ this game, no doubt about it. I was hoping for dlc but if Muramasa is any indication, it's going to take a while.

maouvin

I'm still playing, but usually on 1-hour sessions just to up my amazon a few lvls (she's at 70 on infernal IIRC) or to farm some brooms with my sorc.

Tearaway and next-gen caught my attention and play time.

kuroshiki

Guys I need help with ad hoc play for vita.

Can 2 vitas play ad-hoc multiplayer within same account? My brother and I share account and we just wanted to play local multi co-op, but apparently what was working for PSP is not working on Vita anymore. Need help. thanks.

EvaristeG

Banned
Should I start the LoC in hard or wait for higher difficulties ?

Anyway I started another character as a wizard and I already like it better than my dwarf (which is still fun to play). I like how different classes actually play.

maouvin

Your choice, really. I like to wait till beating infernal. Keep in mind that before beating hard you can only go up to floor 3. Beating hard allows you to go up to floor 6, and beating infernal let you go down all the remaining floors. The enemies' lvl scale by floor, and by the 9th they are lvl 99.

And aye, the classes sure stand out from one another - even the casters.

Anyway I started another character as a wizard and I already like it better than my dwarf (which is still fun to play). I like how different classes actually play.

You're supposed to play LOC at the beginning of each difficulty. You beat Normal at 30-35 and the lowest Hard boss is 40; meanwhile, LOC 1-3 is 20-40, perfect for bridging that gap. Not to mention LOC's pretty cool end-of-floor rewards are level 30 for floor 1, 40 for floor 2, and so on.

I've finally have the PS3 version to go with my Vita cart and after playing it for a bit I gotta say I do like how there's no slowdown (even if on the vita it isn't exactly gamebreaking for me) when using spellcasters, but using the right stick for runes is kinda awkward, I easily prefer the touchscreen on that front. I'll probably adapt to it though. Cross save makes it perfect for days when I want to play on console but then have to leave and transfer to my Vita and keep the progress going.

What's the point of the first reward of LoC ? +30% damage taken ? -30% damage dealt ?

You also get +30% gold and score, which to my knowledge always goes with that penalty. Gold ends up being irrelevant but I can see +30% score being hugely beneficial in the endgame; granted, by that point the item itself will be useless, but I believe there's a level 99 version in later levels of the labyrinth.

maouvin

You also get +30% gold and score, which to my knowledge always goes with that penalty. Gold ends up being irrelevant but I can see +30% score being hugely beneficial in the endgame; granted, by that point the item itself will be useless, but I believe there's a level 99 version in later levels of the labyrinth.

At floor 10.
All rewards past floor 9 are level 99.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So I uh finally tried floor 9, and got my ass kicked by the
big-ass demon
. Unlike the Ancient Dragon I could just keep spending money for more continues, which I did, and killed him with a nasty deficit but I still have tons of gold so it's not a big deal. I felt kinda cheap though, but damn, he's ridiculous or what?

Something I'm unsure about though: I returned to town after beating him since I had no lives left, but when I returned, floor 10 was unlocked. Normally each floor has 3 sections, e.g. 8-1, 8-2, 8-3. I did floor 10 and it was the same. Is floor 9 different in that it only has 9-1 with that special boss, or does it have a 9-2 and 9-3 that I should revisit?

It's kind of annoying how I get lvl 99 S loot that's way crappier than my current gear though. :(

maouvin

Something I'm unsure about though: I returned to town after beating him since I had no lives left, but when I returned, floor 10 was unlocked. Normally each floor has 3 sections, e.g. 8-1, 8-2, 8-3. I did floor 10 and it was the same. Is floor 9 different in that it only has 9-1 with that special boss, or does it have a 9-2 and 9-3 that I should revisit?

Nope, floor 9 (and 18, 27 etc) have only one section, always with the special boss at the end.

Giolon

So I uh finally tried floor 9, and got my ass kicked by the
big-ass demon
. Unlike the Ancient Dragon I could just keep spending money for more continues, which I did, and killed him with a nasty deficit but I still have tons of gold so it's not a big deal. I felt kinda cheap though, but damn, he's ridiculous or what?

It's kind of annoying how I get lvl 99 S loot that's way crappier than my current gear though. :(

Well the stats on the 99S gear are random just like any other, except for any special yellow properties (floors 10-18 drop the gear from floors 1-8 but in Level 99 versions), so the idea is you want to farm that gear until you get the random stats on it that are good for you. I myself just beat Normal w/ my Wizard last night so I've finally finished the basic game w/ all classes.

Now I plan to hit up Floor 10 of LoC w/ my Amazon and see how far I can go. Don't forget to equip your Seal of the Conqueror.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Nope, floor 9 (and 18, 27 etc) have only one section, always with the special boss at the end.
I see, thanks. So there's 99 floors? Yikes, do they all get harder? I'm already level 97 and kinda struggling, I can only do one floor before running out of lives and needing to go back to town (using a solo Amazon).

Bombless

Well the stats on the 99S gear are random just like any other, except for any special yellow properties (floors 10-18 drop the gear from floors 1-8 but in Level 99 versions), so the idea is you want to farm that gear until you get the random stats on it that are good for you. I myself just beat Normal w/ my Wizard last night so I've finally finished the basic game w/ all classes.

Now I plan to hit up Floor 10 of LoC w/ my Amazon and see how far I can go. Don't forget to equip your Seal of the Conqueror.

What does the seal do specifically anyway?

Giolon

What does the seal do specifically anyway?

Consensus seems to be that it increases damage up to 10-15% by the time you make it to floor 99. Worth it for melee characters, prob not worth it for casters at the cost of a spell or additional rod.

Somewhat debated whether if affects defense or not.

Started playing this again. Completely forgot about it because I got it the same week as Pokemon.

I'm at level 25 with Amazon and I was wondering, are there plentiful skill points that it doesn't matter if I wasted a few early on? I got the first level in everything from the Amazon skills. I've been focusing on Parry, Berserk, Brandish and that 4 hit combo one

Giolon

Started playing this again. Completely forgot about it because I got it the same week as Pokemon.

I'm at level 25 with Amazon and I was wondering, are there plentiful skill points that it doesn't matter if I wasted a few early on? I got the first level in everything from the Amazon skills. I've been focusing on Parry, Berserk, Brandish and that 4 hit combo one

There are 155 skill points, generally enough to experiment a bit early on but if you don't start to specialize by the time you reach your 30s-40s, you'll get stretched a bit thin. There are respec potions that you can earn 1 time per character after beating each of the 3 difficulties, and finally unlimited after completing
99 floors of the Labyrinth of Chaos

kubricks

Well deserved. I hope they're happy over there at vanillaware.

And make an expansion pack or sequel please!
Been busy at work and Ys:MoC, went back to it last night and surprise that online multi-player is still going strong!

Bombless

What time is it? That's right, it's time for ANOTHER PATCH!

PS3 & PSVita for software we launched in 7/25 for the "Dragon's Crown"
of operational stability under certain circumstances and as improving the system
we started today, the delivery of the fifth edition update.

Update the contents of this time is as follows.

[Bug Fix]
I has been improved operating stability of the circumstances of the specific-.

[Feature] Add
Clearing ninth hierarchy in the labyrinth of chaos,
a new degree of difficulty to "Urutimeito"
It is now available for selection in the temple.
• New difficulty in "Urutimeito"
in "Phantom of Tenro" automatic generation of a new mechanism dungeon
I came to be able to adventure.
• New difficulty in "Urutimeito"
upper limit of the level is now LV255 from the LV99.
• The arrow keys ↑ capital and the L button item shortcuts
I can now be selectively used.
-I came to be able to display a total system damage numbers.
· To improve the visibility, I can now view the silhouette in the foreground.
-Save data in the cleared, a new character creation
can now be started from Talisman collected by skipping early.
· You can now skip the next time a request that you capture once.

[Functional improvement]
we adjust the behavior and skill-effect of each class.
- We adjust the behavior of the NPC.
- We adjust the effect rules of equipment items and skills in the arena.
And other, we made ​​an improvement in the system around such a comfort and features improved operability.

In addition, this update Womochimashite
update, which had been scheduled pleased to announce that it has completed.

Had you purchase the "Dragons Crown",
with Thank you very much to our users
thank you sincerely look forward to your continued patronage will increase the life of any means.

Praised be Vanillaware.

maouvin

Praise!

Damn, google translation for this one is messy, but I guess clearing LoC 9 will enable a new difficulty, which would allow all enemies to go up to lvl 255 (out of the LoC)?
We neeed JapaneseSpeakingGAF.

edit: dualshockers to the rescue:

[Bug Fix]
Improved operational stability under certain circumstances.

[Added Features]
If you clear the ninth level of the Labyrinth of Chaos you can now select the “ultimate” level of difficulty at the temple.
When you’re playing on “ultimate” you can access the new automatically generated dungeon “Sky Road of Dreams.”
On “ultimate” difficulty the level cap has been raised from level 99 to level 255.
Both the up arrows and the L button can now be individually used as item shortcuts.
Damage can now be displayed as a total number.
Silhouettes can now be displayed on the foreground to improve visibility.
On a save game with a cleared game it’s possible to skip the initial phase of the story with new characters and start with the search for the talismans.
It’s possible to skip quests that have already been completed once.

[Operational Improvements]
Adjusted skill effects and actions for each class.
Adjusted behavior of NPCs.
Adjusted effects and rules of equipment and items in the Arena.
Made all round improvements to the system in order to enhance operability and ease of use.

Ogawa-san

Another randomly generated dungeon, like the game wasn't god tier for on-the-go short sessions. It's really never going to leave my Vita.

I wonder if levels above 99 will give you skill points at all...

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wow. I honestly wasn't expecting this. Still hope we get beefy paid content but this is fantastic!

maouvin

Question..
Save shared between vita and ps3?

Aye, but you have to manually upload/download from the main menu. No PS+ needed.

Another randomly generated dungeon, like the game wasn't god tier for on-the-go short sessions. It's really never going to leave my Vita.

I wonder if levels above 99 will give you skill points at all...

No new skill points past 99, nor new quests on Ultimate diff.
I've seem reports that the new dungeon replaces the old LoC, and have just 1 stage/floor. I guess this new dungeon is only on Ultimate.

edit: someone said at gfaqs that the patch is live worldwide, can someone check it?

Quixzlizx

What a great patch. I had put the game down for awhile, but this is definitely going to motivate me to finish getting my first platinum.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Praise!

Damn, google translation for this one is messy, but I guess clearing LoC 9 will enable a new difficulty, which would allow all enemies to go up to lvl 255 (out of the LoC)?
We neeed JapaneseSpeakingGAF.

edit: dualshockers to the rescue:

On “ultimate” difficulty the level cap has been raised from level 99 to level 255.

!!! Does this mean the loot level will follow too?

Holy shit if so... wow, such support for a small low-budget title. Amazing.

isual

are the new levels new locales or just the same ol' stages ?

also, does the xp you accrued since level 99 continue to level you up after the patch ?

Giolon

are the new levels new locales or just the same ol' stages ?

From what I played, it's still the same stages, but randomly generated like the LoC. There is new special loot such as an Earring for the Amazon that casts Gravity upon performing a Power Smash.

!!! Does this mean the loot level will follow too?

Holy shit if so... wow, such support for a small low-budget title. Amazing.

Vanillaware has pretty much cemented Dragon's Crown as my GOTY. Their on-going support has been nothing less than phenomenal. I haven't seen this kind of dedication to free updates in years. I hope the sales continue to reward them.

I popped into the new Tower, and the level rewards were all Level 99 (for the first 9 levels that I could see). My Amazon is only Level 92 though.

Speaking of Amazon, I got this in the mail a few days ago:

AmazonWallscroll.jpg

maouvin

also, does the xp you accrued since level 99 continue to level you up after the patch ?

Yes - I finished floor 1 of the new dungeon and got from 99 to 104.
Someone who made up to floor 99 on the LoC said the jump was from 99 to 127.

I popped into the new Tower, and the level rewards were all Level 99 (for the first 9 levels that I could see). My Amazon is only Level 92 though.

Speaking of Amazon, I got this in the mail a few days ago:

Just did the first floor with my sorc - got lvl 99 rewards even lvling up to 104 after that. Just asked on gfaqs about it, some people there are on floor 30+ already.

And that art is awesome!

Little things I found:

- Create food now creates weapons (daggers, torches and the like) and bones to ress. I guess the chance for them to appear increases with the slvl;
- The camera seems different, but can't really tell what;
- All enemies are lvl 255 on Ultimate, but didn't seem any tougher.
- Wyvern had a new attack - multiple explosions after his airbone fire spit hits the ground.

Top Bottom