• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

maomaoIYP

I just fought an exploding zombie that was 5 times larger than the regular one in ToM. Vanillaware has really done it with this new patch.

For boss fights I use Crouching Charge shot with oil or poison once the oil is out. Then usually backstab daggers but I'm experimenting with Elemental Lore as it seems to do quite a bit of damage and is useful for certain situations (like skeletons/goblins spamming crossbow). As for the arrow issue when I dodge after a lore or something I throw in a kick for extra distance and to hit the boss at the same time so they drop some arrows.

I just hit Infernal now and it doesn't seem too difficult so far (compared to the previous difficulty).

maomaoIYP

Wow, that's cool! Wonder what else is hidden in there. We should take pics when we find this kind of stuff.

Yeah unfortunately I couldn't pause the game to take photos. Right after the full screen exploding zombie I fought a full screen ghost and a full screen black imp too. You'll hear a chime go off just before the full screen monsters show up.
And then I got this at floor 37 in ToM. Paging skeleton-sorceress players (Karsticles?)
mnyg.jpg

Giolon

Had some fun, if brief, Tower of Mirages games w/ Dave1988 earlier today. Good times!

That broom is wicked. Is that not a dedicated green property? I read that some of them can be found on random loot in Ultimate over on GameFAQs.

maomaoIYP

Had some fun, if brief, Tower of Mirages games w/ Dave1988 earlier today. Good times!

That broom is wicked. Is that not a dedicated green property? I read that some of them can be found on random loot in Ultimate over on GameFAQs.

The green property is dedicated if I'm not wrong. Both green and purple properties can come up in the boss chest, which always gives 3 S items in ToM. One of the boss chest items is specific to the floor, but any others you can get seem random. I've gotten items with both green and purple at the same time.

As wicked as the broom is, I don't use lightning staffs, and I don't use skeletons too hahaha.

maouvin

And then I got this at floor 37 in ToM. Paging skeleton-sorceress players (Karsticles?)

Glorious. This staff + the amazon amulet and all shall bow to the skeleton army.

Since a bunch of people got back to the game, I'll get back to our player list and add you lads/lasses.

And amazon players, what's nice to have beyond berserk, brandish, DR, war paint, punisher and stun wave? I have those maxed, and a few points in parry and adrenaline.
Also, did any zon max deep pockets? If so, what for? slvl 2 seems enough.

Yeah unfortunately I couldn't pause the game to take photos. Right after the full screen exploding zombie I fought a full screen ghost and a full screen black imp too. You'll hear a chime go off just before the full screen monsters show up.
Yum! Though I feel like my skeletons still die pretty fast vs bosses. Maybe I just need more levels. The +protection staff might still be the better choice.

Managed to get a pic this time around.
edit: Also, stages in ToM are fixed, not random. They only look random.

Wow, that's cool! The broom as well, considering Karsticles favors lightning staves as well I'm sure he'd love to have that.

Also, for some reason I assumed you were playing on Vita, where taking a screenshot is obviously trivial. :D

Quixzlizx

For boss fights I use Crouching Charge shot with oil or poison once the oil is out. Then usually backstab daggers but I'm experimenting with Elemental Lore as it seems to do quite a bit of damage and is useful for certain situations (like skeletons/goblins spamming crossbow). As for the arrow issue when I dodge after a lore or something I throw in a kick for extra distance and to hit the boss at the same time so they drop some arrows.

I just hit Infernal now and it doesn't seem too difficult so far (compared to the previous difficulty).

So the arrow drought isn't too bad, then? Does kicking make them drop singles or bunches?

Wow, that's cool! The broom as well, considering Karsticles favors lightning staves as well I'm sure he'd love to have that.

Also, for some reason I assumed you were playing on Vita, where taking a screenshot is obviously trivial. :D
Lightning is the best! I never touch the other 2 elements after I took ancient dragon on infernal down in less than 5 solo with it.

So the arrow drought isn't too bad, then? Does kicking make them drop singles or bunches?

Seems to be random, sometimes you get singles and other times bunches. It's a shame that Lore doesn't make bosses drop them though since it's easy to get a few of them going at once.

I've leveled Lore to max and pretty much always use it over kick combos now.

Lightning is the best! I never touch the other 2 elements after I took ancient dragon on infernal down in less than 5 solo with it.

I also prefer it, but I like having the flexibility of having at least one bag with each of the other for when I do "actual stages" (rather than the labyrinth, etc.) ending with a boss with a specific elemental weakness (ex. fire for Wraith). Even then, a lot of them have precisely lightning as their weakness, so it does seem like the best element by far in at least 90% of the situations.

No Love

Banned
Wow, they've added so much to this game since I last played it (I was a day 1 player and played for a few weeks.)

Can't wait to jump back in. Vanillaware really went above and beyond with their free additions to the game and fixes.

Quixzlizx

Seems to be random, sometimes you get singles and other times bunches. It's a shame that Lore doesn't make bosses drop them though since it's easy to get a few of them going at once.

I've leveled Lore to max and pretty much always use it over kick combos now.

Alright, thanks. The Elf is pretty crappy against bosses when she's out of arrows, so I'll just hope it isn't too frustrating. I guess I can also tone down my clone shot level.

I also prefer it, but I like having the flexibility of having at least one bag with each of the other for when I do "actual stages" (rather than the labyrinth, etc.) ending with a boss with a specific elemental weakness (ex. fire for Wraith). Even then, a lot of them have precisely lightning as their weakness, so it does seem like the best element by far in at least 90% of the situations.
The cool thing about lightning is that nothing is strong against it. You never feel screwed. It also has the best full-screen attack in the game, the best AoE, and the best CC. All of this comes at the cost of more MP used, but I think that is a fair trade.

Bosses like the Wraith just take a spell or two to balance out. I may not 1-shot all of the adds with fire, but I can just use Gravity or Blizzard to marginalize them anyway. When chaining long dungeon runs, you never know what is coming anyway. The LoC throws the red dragon at you whether you are ready or not!

I might swap out a spell for Thunderhead, by the way. The GFAQs changelog listed all of the following buffs for it:
Tracks enemies
Shoots 3 bolts at a time at max level
You can summon more than one at a time

That sounds goddamn fantastic to me. I just don't know what I would drop. I use:
Petrification
Blizzard
Gravity
Rock Press
Protection

Protection has to stay because my wife is an Amazon, and Skeletons are worth using now. I have come to sincerely love Gravity for dealing with elites, even though its synergy with Lightning is not ideal when compared to fire, Blizzard is a no-brainer...

So that leaves potentially dumping Petrification or Rock Press. Both are mediocre against bosses, and just get used for trash clearing. Such a curveball you threw at me, Atlus...

Alright, thanks. The Elf is pretty crappy against bosses when she's out of arrows, so I'll just hope it isn't too frustrating. I guess I can also tone down my clone shot level.
Yeah, but the Elf is also the fastest killer when she has arrows!

The cool thing about lightning is that nothing is strong against it. You never feel screwed. It also has the best full-screen attack in the game, the best AoE, and the best CC. All of this comes at the cost of more MP used, but I think that is a fair trade.

Bosses like the Wraith just take a spell or two to balance out. I may not 1-shot all of the adds with fire, but I can just use Gravity or Blizzard to marginalize them anyway. When chaining long dungeon runs, you never know what is coming anyway. The LoC throws the red dragon at you whether you are ready or not!

I might swap out a spell for Thunderhead, by the way. The GFAQs changelog listed all of the following buffs for it:
Tracks enemies

That sounds goddamn fantastic to me. I just don't know what I would drop. I use:
Petrification
Blizzard
Gravity
Rock Press
Protection

Protection has to stay because my wife is an Amazon, and Skeletons are worth using now. I have come to sincerely love Gravity for dealing with elites, even though its synergy with Lightning is not ideal when compared to fire, Blizzard is a no-brainer...

So that leaves potentially dumping Petrification or Rock Press. Both are mediocre against bosses, and just get used for trash clearing. Such a curveball you threw at me, Atlus...

Wife gamer, sigh..
I sort of gave up this..
my long running ex was a pilates addicted..
My last "adventures" are all pretty much either into fitness or they have some major thing in their life that DEFINITELY isn't gaming..
Hopefully my important One, when the time comes, will be able to appreciate games...

ShinMaruku

It will get better later on. But really when you can unload all your arrows you do some pretty insane damage. If they want this limiting arrows thing they at beast make them do massive damage so you won't be missing them when you have well place shots.

The LoC throws the red dragon at you whether you are ready or not!

Aren't dragons weak to Ice anyway? My fastest/easiest Ancient Dragon kills typically use an Ice weapon (although technically I never use any other thing anyway, so...).

Tracks enemies

Wow, that sounds great. Much needed too, as it was easily the worst spell in the game. I have to try it out. I also have to check the changelist.

That sounds goddamn fantastic to me. I just don't know what I would drop.

Before even making that choice, I would try it out (by copying your savegame and using an Amnesia Elixir to do a mock respec).

Protection has to stay because my wife is an Amazon, and Skeletons are worth using now.

I hardly ever use Protection as I play more solo than co-op now, but I didn't even think about the skeletons. I have to try it out.

I have come to sincerely love Gravity for dealing with elites, even though its synergy with Lightning is not ideal when compared to fire, Blizzard is a no-brainer...

I would probably leave out Petrification, since you already have Gravity for trash.

You know, that's the thing with the Sorc, it has so many useful, awesome spells. They should give some of them to the Wizard.

No kidding. Salamander Oil + repeated dash arrows is absolutely insane.

Wife gamer, sigh..
I sort of gave up this..
My last "adventures" are all pretty much either into fitness or they have some major thing in their life that DEFINITELY isn't gaming..
Hopefully my important One, when the time comes, will be able to appreciate games...

http://www.gk2gk.com/

True story: I met my current girlfriend via Meetic (not even a geek-centric site), she was actually the one to message me first. We've been together for seven years, and living together for three. She loves playing co-op, including Guild Wars 2 (she has more 80's than I do!), Dragon's Crown, etc. Here's the two of us:
ibct2EKLJ44CVF.JPG

This is not something I usually talk about, but if it gets people to overcome their bias against dating sites and increasing their chances to find a compatible significant other, I'm fine with it.

Wife gamer, sigh..
I sort of gave up this..
They are hard to come by, but they are becoming more common. Several of my female students got hype when I told them I watch anime.

Aren't dragons weak to Ice anyway? My fastest/easiest Ancient Dragon kills typically use an Ice weapon (although technically I never use any other thing anyway, so...).
They are, but my point was just that you never get to pick your element ahead of time in practice. So it does not matter whether you plan your bags in the late game. Except for the ancient dragon, of course. An anti-dragon bag just for him is not a bad idea.
Wow, that sounds great. Much needed too, as it was easily the worst spell in the game. I have to try it out. I also have to check the changelist.
I tried it out, and here are my findings:
You cannot have more than one out at a time. I do not know why someone thought otherwise. Multicasts cause one to replace the other.

It does hit three times, for considerable damage. At level 102, my maxed Thunderhead was doing around 20,000 damage per hit. Left alone, it was able to solo an Ogre miniboss by itself before running out. Impressive!

The tracking is kind of weak. It doesnt directly hover over the enemy like you might expect. Instead, the cloud still wanders around the screen, but it tends to wander in the area occupied by an enemy. For small enemies, it still took a full pass or two for them to get hit sometimes. For bosses, it was an endless pummeling thanks to their large hitboxes.

Overall, it is worth taking. I just need to figure out what to drop. Ice Prison seems unchanged.

I hardly ever use Protection as I play more solo than co-op now, but I didn't even think about the skeletons. I have to try it out.
It is really good for skeletons. I have actually had them survive boss fights! Haha!

I would probably leave out Petrification, since you already have Gravity for trash.

You know, that's the thing with the Sorc, it has so many useful, awesome spells. They should give some of them to the Wizard.
The Wizard has good spells. Meteor Swarm is amazing, people just don't use it right. Start casting it during the opening of a boss fight, before the boss starts attacking, and you take off ~40% of his or her health. Hardly useless. Slow is the best skill in the game. Extinction is a better version of Curse. The tornados are just a smidge below Blizzard in efficacy. He has a few lame spells, but plenty of good stuff as well.

Petrification serves a different need from Rock Press and Gravity. It is the only spell that is good for dealing with enemies on both sides of the screen. As such, it is fantastic against caster mobs and groups. With skeletons, it is double great because they whack the bricks down!

Plus, Petrification does not kill adds. This is a great feature. Why? Bosses don't summon more adds until their previous wave is dead or mostly dead. So you can stone them and have 15 seconds to beat down on the boss without worrying about additional stressors.

I am more inclined to drop Rock Press. The AoE leaves a bit to be desired, and I always get hit when I try to use it against bosses. The move is just enormously unsafe. I don't like burst damage in general, too. It tends to whiff against assassins as well.

Plus, what synergizes best with Thunderhead? Petrification clearly works better with this skill than Rock Press.

I do like Rock Press, and it does serve its own purpose. But killing bosses comes first, and as I said, the other 3 spells are keepers for their own reasons. Though I can see dropping Gravity, since it has no effect on flyers.

Side note: I love the new damage display option. Now I finally know how much total damage my stuff is doing. Gravity deals 40,000 before expiring, while Blizzard deals 50,000. With Thunderhead dealing 20,000 per hit, its damage potential is really clear. I had no way to figure this stuff out before.

Oh, and my Rock Press does 23,000 per hit. Pretty weak compared to the other options! Petrification deals a measly 6,500. Ice Prison did around 15,000 before capping out.

Giolon

I'm fairly certain that Iron Will (or maybe Invigorating Dram) got nerfed this patch. I used to be able to pop a Invigorating Dram to negate its effects, but now it can't keep up and my Amazon's health will just drain away.

On a side note, I hit 99 and started to try using the new special property equipment. I got earrings that say "Casts Gravity on Power Smash" but I've never seen it activate. What gives?

I just read some awesome stuff about ridable beasts (Dracolisks/Sabertooths) on GameFAQs. For one, apparently Lucain will now sell scrolls that let you summon them anywhere. Also, one of the new equipment bonuses actually adds new moves when you're riding one, including double jump, evade (YES!) and air attacks. Can't wait to try that out.

I'm fairly certain that Iron Will (or maybe Invigorating Dram) got nerfed this patch. I used to be able to pop a Invigorating Dram to negate its effects, but now it can't keep up and my Amazon's health will just drain away.

On a side note, I hit 99 and started to try using the new special property equipment. I got earrings that say "Casts Gravity on Power Smash" but I've never seen it activate. What gives?

I just read about that on GameFAQs. Apparently when that bonus line is on anything other than a weapon, is a mistranslation/mistake, and it's actually another bonus (I think one of the +%/-% ones, let me see if I can find it).

They are, but my point was just that you never get to pick your element ahead of time in practice. So it does not matter whether you plan your bags in the late game. Except for the ancient dragon, of course. An anti-dragon bag just for him is not a bad idea.

If you mean in LoC/Tower, sure. On regular stages, I always plan the order I'm going to do them/what each upcoming one is. And in any case, you do select your bag right after picking the A/B route, so...

The Wizard has good spells. Meteor Swarm is amazing, people just don't use it right. Start casting it during the opening of a boss fight, before the boss starts attacking, and you take off ~40% of his or her health. Hardly useless. Slow is the best skill in the game. Extinction is a better version of Curse. The tornados are just a smidge below Blizzard in efficacy. He has a few lame spells, but plenty of good stuff as well.

Heh, Slow and Extintion are the one spells I have in all of my bags, with Meteor the most common in my variable slots. I agree that Slow and Extinction are amazing, though, I love them so much. Meteor though has such a big cast time that it's pretty much random whether or not you'll get hit before it ends casting, even casting it right as the fight starts. Of course, since I play solo 75% of the time (on my Vita, on the way to work) I don't have anyone else to distract the boss (I refuse to use helpers).

Petrification serves a different need from Rock Press and Gravity. It is the only spell that is good for dealing with enemies on both sides of the screen. As such, it is fantastic against caster mobs and groups. With skeletons, it is double great because they whack the bricks down!

Yeah, that's true. The I guess you need to drop either Rock Press or Gravity.

Plus, Petrification does not kill adds. This is a great feature. Why? Bosses don't summon more adds until their previous wave is dead or mostly dead. So you can stone them and have 15 seconds to beat down on the boss without worrying about additional stressors.

Good point! I tend to use crowd control against elites, and AOE spells like Blizzard against bosses+adds, but that strategy is a sound one against bosses that "replenish" adds.

Side note: I love the new damage display option. Now I finally know how much total damage my stuff is doing. Gravity deals 40,000 before expiring, while Blizzard deals 50,000. With Thunderhead dealing 20,000 per hit, its damage potential is really clear. I had no way to figure this stuff out before.

Definitely, it's such an awesome addition. Even for regular attacks, it's so useful. Even if the info conveyed wasn't that much more useful (which it is), cleaning out visual clutter on the screen is reason enough to have it on.

maomaoIYP

I just read some awesome stuff about ridable beasts (Dracolisks/Sabertooths) on GameFAQs. For one, apparently Lucain will now sell scrolls that let you summon them anywhere. Also, one of the new equipment bonuses actually adds new moves when you're riding one, including double jump, evade (YES!) and air attacks. Can't wait to try that out.
There are now "beastmaster" accessories in ToM, they give bonuses when riding!

If you mean in LoC/Tower, sure. On regular stages, I always plan the order I'm going to do them/what each upcoming one is. And in any case, you do select your bag right after picking the A/B route, so...
I still prefer a 4 spell + Ice & Fire staff combo for LoC/ToM. And my sorceress spends 90% combat time in the air anyway, and the lightning staff doesn't have the diagonal attack, so I stay away from it. With regards to petrify, there are now staffs with +x% instant kill on petrified enemies. I don't use petrify, so I'm not sure how useful it is. Other interesting things found in the ToM are +xx% chance of magic shot when picking up coins, +xx% chance of not using up charges in spellbook/rings, xx MP recovery per second.

Heh, Slow and Extintion are the one spells I have in all of my bags, with Meteor the most common in my variable slots. I agree that Slow and Extinction are amazing, though, I love them so much. Meteor though has such a big cast time that it's pretty much random whether or not you'll get hit before it ends casting, even casting it right as the fight starts. Of course, since I play solo 75% of the time (on my Vita, on the way to work) I don't have anyone else to distract the boss (I refuse to use helpers).
I have the same problem with the wiz, I can only get meteor swarm to connect on a very small number of bosses. If I do decide to progress further I'm considering dropping it because for solo play it's just not cutting it.

Definitely, it's such an awesome addition. Even for regular attacks, it's so useful. Even if the info conveyed wasn't that much more useful (which it is), cleaning out visual clutter on the screen is reason enough to have it on.
I got to try this out later. I'm still using the vanilla option settings.
I'm not sure what this is too, especially since the equipment is shared with the sorceress too and she has no power smash.

Giolon

I'm not sure what this is too, especially since the equipment is shared with the sorceress too and she has no power smash.

According to a guy on GameFAQs w/ both JPN and US versions of the game, when it appears on non-Weapons, anything that says "Casts Gravity on Power Smash" should `actually be "+Damage Dealt and Received by X%". In other words, it both increases the damage you deal and the damage you take. There's no way to know what the X% value is on the US version of the game, but the guy said he'd seen values from 35-48% on the JPN version.

It's an error in the patch's translation. :( Unfortunately, since this is purportedly the final patch, we'll likely never get a fix to the problem. People are also reporting the return of the Disconnect-And-Lost-All-Progress bug in multiplayer too.

maomaoIYP

It's an error in the patch's translation. :( Unfortunately, since this is purportedly the final patch, we'll likely never get a fix to the problem. People are also reporting the return of the Disconnect-And-Lost-All-Progress bug in multiplayer too.
Wow. Ok. I'm not even sure how someone could make a mistake as big as that!

Giolon

Wow. Ok. I'm not even sure how someone could make a mistake as big as that!

These things are commonly stored as strings of text in a lookup table - picture a giant Excel spreadsheet. It's likely a copy-paste error. The game says "Hey, I need to display the String in cell B25," and it'd pull up that entry. It's supposed to say "+Damage Dealt and Received X%" but somebody ended up putting "Casts Gravity on Power Smash" in that cell. It's a very easy error to make - however, it's something I would've expected to be caught during Q&A testing of the patch, particularly when adding new item properties and text for them. :-/

maomaoIYP

According to a guy on GameFAQs w/ both JPN and US versions of the game, when it appears on non-Weapons, anything that says "Casts Gravity on Power Smash" should `actually be "+Damage Dealt and Received by X%".

Ok, I just found an actual "dealt damage & taken damage +44%" item. So I'm guessing the power smash casts gravity is another thing altogether.

maomaoIYP

Two items could share the same effect while producing different text strings.

Possible, but I don't think it's likely. The +damage done and taken appears on staffs, while the other appears on earrings. So far the special properties on staffs don't seem to appear on anything else.

Giolon

Possible, but I don't think it's likely. The +damage done and taken appears on staffs, while the other appears on earrings. So far the special properties on staffs don't seem to appear on anything else.

It's supposedly only messed up on accessories. On weapons the property labels are fine. It's something that's fairly easy to check for those w/ multiple versions of the game, since IIRC the game saves are cross-region compatible.

maomaoIYP

It's supposedly only messed up on accessories. On weapons the property labels are fine. It's something that's fairly easy to check for those w/ multiple versions of the game, since IIRC the game saves are cross-region compatible.

Ah, you're right, that's a good point.
In other news my ps3 is dying, every time I try to turn it on it beeps 3 times and the green light goes to a blinking red one. I have do keep trying until it goes on, and even when when loading a game it can suddenly revert to the blinking red light. I want to play my stuff but I can't justify buying a new ps3 at this point in time, it sucks.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I have no idea what this game is.

Been playing it a little bit, and I don't really get it. Sure is pretty though. Still think it was money well spent even if the gameplay didn't click.

maomaoIYP

Ok I beat ToM's 99th floor.
I was unceremoniously rewarded with an extra amnesia potion in addition to a piece of accessory that was available since much earlier on.
And there are yet further floors, but with a much higher difficulty than the first 99.
That was honestly a little unexpected, and a little disappointing.

edit: Beating 99 floors of ToM was actually much easier than when I did 99 floors of LoC.

Been playing it a little bit, and I don't really get it. Sure is pretty though. Still think it was money well spent even if the gameplay didn't click.
You sound like a young gamer.

Ok I beat ToM's 99th floor.
I was unceremoniously rewarded with an extra amnesia potion in addition to a piece of accessory that was available since much earlier on.
And there are yet further floors, but with a much higher difficulty than the first 99.
That was honestly a little unexpected, and a little disappointing.

edit: Beating 99 floors of ToM was actually much easier than when I did 99 floors of LoC.
You think 99 is special when there are tens of thousands to go through? Lol. Apparently new enemies start showing up after 500 floors.

Bombless

You think 99 is special when there are tens of thousands to go through? Lol. Apparently new enemies start showing up after 500 floors.

MotherOfGod.jpg

My amazon isn't even 99 yet...I'm going to power down to Inferno to finish my leveling before turning Ultimate back on. Getting smacked by a shitty goblin was...pretty humbling (and also fun). Less funny was my teammates quitting the party midrun because they died twice after 2 screens.

Dave1988

That's okay, it'll click eventually. Hit me up for bro-op whenever you feel like it. :)

MotherOfGod.jpg

My amazon isn't even 99 yet...I'm going to power down to Inferno to finish my leveling before turning Ultimate back on. Getting smacked by a shitty goblin was...pretty humbling (and also fun). Less funny was my teammates quitting the party midrun because they died twice after 2 screens.

Remember that Ultimate reverses the usual order in that you're supposed to level up in ToM before trying the nine "normal" stages, rather than the other way around. In fact the nine stages are actually meant for characters that are level 255.

This is an area where I think VanillaWare made things obtuse for no real reason. Was it that hard to make the visible levels of enemies in ToM the actual level you're supposed to have to beat them (i.e. 99 onwards) rather than 255? I can understand why they eventually labeled them 99-255 for Infernal LoC to give a sense of progression, but still...

maouvin

This is an area where I think VanillaWare made things obtuse for no real reason. Was it that hard to make the visible levels of enemies in ToM the actual level you're supposed to have to beat them (i.e. 99 onwards) rather than 255? I can understand why they eventually labeled them 99-255 for Infernal LoC to give a sense of progression, but still...

Can people with the jp version check if the monsters on ToM show up as lvl 255 too? We get so many mistranslations that I wouldn't be surprised that they somehow made monster levels higher than 99 show up as 255.

Can people with the jp version check if the monsters on ToM show up as lvl 255 too? We get so many mistranslations that I wouldn't be surprised that they somehow made monster levels higher than 99 show up as 255.

Because of the way translated strings work as opposed to numbers (typically numbers, particularly ones that can vary in a wide range, are stored as variables and not translated, and rather replaced on the strings that are themselves translated), this seems highly unlikely. Also, I believe monsters in the ToM in Infernal (not Ultimate) do show levels from 100 to 255.

Top Bottom