• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

HORRORSHØW

The best art from Vanillaware twitter coutndown

bo3jetjcyaav2kbyexvi.jpg

bplwd22cmaesw8iqozqb.jpg
Kawaii desu

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Not so cute when you can see it better:

Neither her nor the Wizard looks very happy. Hah.

To me it looks like the amazon is just looking at the scroll while the wizard is almost falling due to the weight of the amazon arm lol.

The warrior is mad with someone, he seems to look at the elf(that in the meantime made an apple falling on the dwarf!).

$h@d0w

Played about an hour of this, Vita version.

Production values are off the scale - the music is excellent and voice casting for the narrator (English) deserves praise. Dialogue is well written.

The game seems tough as hell for me, although I'd say I'm not good at this type of game and it's my first Vanillaware venture. I've already died once or twice, even on regular enemies.

I've seen very minor slowdown when there's around 15 characters on screen but it's not too distracting.

eshwaaz

I know not many folks have the game yet (and even fewer have beaten it), but are there any characters that just aren't viable for a solo playthrough? I'm going to play alone, and want to know if there's anyone I should avoid.

Skyzard

Banned

Nice!

Played about an hour of this, Vita version.

Production values are off the scale - the music is excellent and voice casting for the narrator (English) deserves praise. Dialogue is well written.

The game seems tough as hell for me, although I'd say I'm not good at this type of game and it's my first Vanillaware venture. I've already died once or twice, even on regular enemies.

I've seen very minor slowdown when there's around 15 characters on screen but it's not too distracting.

Good to hear, thanks.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I feel for those who got banned despite keeping a level head. Hope to see them online.

Tizoc

Digital games don't get a discount, it'll be 40/50 for Vita/PS3.

Far as I'm concerned, digital should be cheaper than retail since the cost of disc is excluded.
...but that don't stop EA, Ubi, etc. from rocketing them up to $60 and the like.
Like how Deadpool is $50 on US PSN, whereas it's $40 on Steam.

Volcynika

Far as I'm concerned, digital should be cheaper than retail since the cost of disc is excluded.
...but that don't stop EA, Ubi, etc. from rocketing them up to $60 and the like.
Like how Deadpool is $50 on US PSN, whereas it's $40 on Steam.

The price seems more dependant on publisher at least. Aksys usually discounts their digital versions by $5 when they are on PSN. But they're one of the only publishers to do this.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Well since my review thread was locked, Siliconcera impressions!

A bit about the 'unlocking multiplayer':

As soon as I stepped online, I realized why you need to earn the right to do so with each character. Multiplayer is madness in comparison to single player. Instead of shepherding your AI around and hoping they do the right thing, you’re working on keeping up with the rest of the team.To be an asset you need to know your character back to front. All of a sudden, I was very grateful to have had 15 hours of experience under my belt as the Fighter. I’d gradually developed him into a killing machine. I could defeat most standard enemies off of a single wall bounce (which handily, I could start by running up to an enemy and shoulder-ramming them), stay in the air for obscene amounts of time by abusing aerial launchers and air tackles, and I had some basic strategies for surviving each boss… but everyone else knew their characters just as well (if not better) than I knew mine.

A single skirmish online might have Sorceresses flying through the air and reanimating skeleton knights, wizards bringing down the game’s frame rate (at least on Vita) with screen-covering tornadoes and blizzards while teleporting all over the place, and Dwarves tossing enemies all over the screen like professional wrestlers. Even with the additional bit of slowdown online, everything seems faster and more chaotic. I didn’t even notice that the damage numbers that popped out of enemies were color coded until I started trying to keep track of where exactly I was in the explosions of particles and numbers. It was frantic, but also joyous. Everyone was playing the game as it was meant to be played.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"As soon as I stepped online, I realized why you need to earn the right to do so with each character"

Wait a minute, so you have to unlock multiplayer FOR EACH CHARACTER SEPARATELY? It's not just unlocked once & you can use anyone you want?

Edit:
I needed to earn my online play for each character, and at first I was a bit disappointed by that.
Wow, really? I understand they probably want you to be prepared before you jump online, but still, it's so strange to hear more & more restrictions on the multiplayer when the game's main focus is playing with others. First it's locked, then local co-op has to be unlocked on Vita (does that restriction apply for Vita's local co-op, where you can only play with characters you unlocked it with?), and now you can only unlock online one character at a time.

Any estimate as to how long it takes to unlock online for one character?

Finalow

daamn. vgp has some problems with my credit card so I guess I'll get the game pretty late.

to some people that bought there, where's the option to see your credit card number? I'm searching but can't find anything to check that.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I think they put George Takei's oh my~ voice in this game... Did you guys hear it?

Andrew.

Banned
I've heard anywhere from 5-7 hours. It depends on how quickly you complete all the main areas of the game once (a.k.a. all A routes).

Which would be double for me considering my anal ass will be completing each stages B routes as well as they open up.

It's pretty cool that there as so many titles to look forward to on Vita. It is a bit odd, however, that I am looking forward to more games for my Vita than my PS3.

Is their a link to that album that someone made with all the fanart? I saw it before from someone's post but I kinda lost it.

Welp, it's done, pre-ordered for PS3.

Good news is I arrived to the hype train late so I have less time to wait.

Bad news is I'm on vacation next week and won't be able to play until the 10th or so. Whatever! Can't wait.

edukate

question for ps3 ver: can i begin a new save file (offline) with two friends? if so, will the save file capture all our data, grinds, lvls, etc?

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
Is it true that each character has a 20 hour story mode?

Oh, it's true. So painfully true. And each time you start with a new character, you will have to play through to unlock multiplayer for that character again. Not the most elegant design choice.

On the upside, you can horde loot for other characters and use high-level AI allies across various characters.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
If you know what you're doing, skip all the story bits and ignore sidequests, you can probably unlock the B routes and online play in like 2 hours, if that. I think people are overestimating how long the stages are. Not much longer than a single playthrough of Mystara. :)

chrono01

I keep checking my Amazon order hoping that it will ship early or, at the very least, enter the shipping phase.

No such luck yet. I need my Dragon's Crown!

Top Bottom