• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Gartooth

This game is getting a digital release right? I have some money in my PSN wallet and was hoping to use it towards this game.

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
I keep checking my Amazon order hoping that it will ship early or, at the very least, enter the shipping phase.

No such luck yet. I need my Dragon's Crown!

I have such a bad habit of forgetting I pre-ordered things I end up getting review copies of. When launch day rolls around I'm all "lol wut" when stacks of games arrive.

I hope they ship early. Stores in major cities are already putting copies out for sale :/

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Anyone else undecided on a class yet? They all seem appealing in their own way.

Try them all out! I mean just in case you want to try them out in multiplayer, you'll have to give each one a shot anyway.

I'm going to be trying out Wizard first, I think.

Uthred

Now what caused the other thread to close down?

Likely because it descended into the same entrenched back and forth that happened with a lot of the older Dragons Crown threads where neither side is going to listen or change their mind so its an endless string of meaninglessly circular argument

sensui-tomo

to those that have this game, say if i play with a group of friends, and we all finish the first part of the game with 4 characters, can i use any of those 4 characters online (ps3) or in the hard difficulty?

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
to those that have this game, say if i play with a group of friends, and we all finish the first part of the game with 4 characters, can i use any of those 4 characters online (ps3) or in the hard difficulty?

The difficulty is tied to completion, so if you complete the game with those four characters, then you get the next difficulty, and so forth. But you'd have to do it with each character. And you're looking at 40 hours for those 4 characters to just reach multiplayer mode.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Try them all out! I mean just in case you want to try them out in multiplayer, you'll have to give each one a shot anyway.

I'm going to be trying out Wizard first, I think.

Wasn't aware of this. Will play them all then.

chrono01

I have such a bad habit of forgetting I pre-ordered things I end up getting review copies of. When launch day rolls around I'm all "lol wut" when stacks of games arrive.

I hope they ship early. Stores in major cities are already putting copies out for sale :/
This can be a good thing! Look at it this way, if you ever get duplicate copies of games you've just reviewed [and enjoyed], you now have a copy that you can gift upon a family member/friend! That is, unless you don't return it for a full refund. Spread the love that is great gaming! :)

I'm hoping Amazon ships it early too. I paid for express shipping so I should get it the day after it ships [unless it falls on the weekend, obviously], but I'm personally guessing that it will ship Monday night with a Tuesday afternoon/evening arrival. :(

However, if it ships out earlier than expected then it will be a very pleasant surprise! That reminds me...

*chrono01 checks the status of his Dragon's Crown pre-order for the hundredth time*

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Well since my review thread was locked, Siliconcera impressions!

A bit about the 'unlocking multiplayer':

Lots of people seem to be concerned about having to play multiple hours for each character to unlock their im MP. I'm actually glad this exists, but a friend who has the game let me know there are some things to make it easier. After clearing the first area you can summon other people's characters as NPCs in your game if you find their 'bones' within a level. If you find a random high level character, you could use that NPC on a new character to make getting you through the first few hours to unlock MP a little easier.

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
This can be a good thing! Look at it this way, if you ever get duplicate copies of games you've just reviewed [and enjoyed], you now have a copy that you can gift upon a family member/friend! That is, unless you don't return it for a full refund. Spread the love that is great gaming! :)

I often give extra copies away. It's only when I screw up and get a special edition I'm either 1. stuck with it or 2. send it back.

Overboost

I hope the sales in the west are as good.
Securing an early 500k copies would really help.

The preorder numbers were INSANE when it first went up on Amazon back in 2011. It outsold Uncharted 3 and Battlefield 3 preorders (for the day) on its first day, according to Amazon's video game sales rankings.

Given that people have had 2 more years to find out about the game and preorder since then, plus all the coverage it's gotten lately, plus the fantastic review scores... I think sales will be great globally. We'll find out soon.

chrono01

I often give extra copies away. It's only when I screw up and get a special edition I'm either 1. stuck with it or 2. send it back.
Given how expensive Special Editions can be [and how little some of them give in return], I can see your dilemma. Sending items back through the mail isn't exactly an enjoyable experience. :(

I'm happy to hear that you gift your extras upon those close to you. To those of the opposite nature [i.e. your enemies, should you have any] that's where the additional copies of "terrible" games are sent.

Not that I would endorse/recommend such a thing, of course! However, it is a viable solution.

*chrono01 lets out an evil, unsettling, and altogether maniacal laughter*

Moofers

The difficulty is tied to completion, so if you complete the game with those four characters, then you get the next difficulty, and so forth. But you'd have to do it with each character. And you're looking at 40 hours for those 4 characters to just reach multiplayer mode.

Your math is off. Its like 4 to 5 hours into the game that you get to play online. My understanding is once that's unlocked, you can play online with any character. You're thinking of it like you'd need to play 5 hours in with each character, in which case it'd be 30 or less.

vitiosuslepos

Neo Member
Your math is off. Its like 4 to 5 hours into the game that you get to play online. My understanding is once that's unlocked, you can play online with any character. You're thinking of it like you'd need to play 5 hours in with each character, in which case it'd be 30 or less.

It was more like 10 when I was playing, but I was also writing and being very thorough. You restart the quest with each new character you create. You keep the collected items and AI characters, but your story mode restart each time you pick a new character. Initially.

pariah164

If you know what you're doing, skip all the story bits and ignore sidequests, you can probably unlock the B routes and online play in like 2 hours, if that. I think people are overestimating how long the stages are. Not much longer than a single playthrough of Mystara. :)

Won't happen. I like the story bits, and I'm a sidequest addict, so... Will take me a bit.

JordanN

Banned
Just got my Vita and placed a pre-order for Dragon's Crown. Cashier Man even bump fisted me for it. That must mean the game is popular.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Won't happen. I like the story bits, and I'm a sidequest addict, so... Will take me a bit.

I mean like, after you've finished it once already and want to get a different class online ASAP. You can always do the sidequests later when you've unlocked the good stuff.

I like that everything seems to be balanced around facilitating chain runs of each level in succession with no town breaks. Multiple gear sets, durability, cooking buffs, etc. Chaining stages as long as possible is basically the meat of the game and you get a lot of good stuff for doing it. It's incredibly addictive.

edukate

to those with the ps3 version-- if a friend and I play together offline (2-player couch coop) will the save file capture both of our data? or do i need to unlock 2 player offline coop?

Mr. Pin

Neo Member
I knew about the random-drop Dagger being different from Elf's Dagger. The question is, how many times can the Elf use her dagger per summon? Does it last 10 attacks, so that at 3 summons she can attack 30 times with it?

Sorry for the pages-late reply...

You've got it right. The dagger the Elf summons is the same weapon as you'd get out of a box, so it's 10 uses per dagger. At level 1 of the Holdout Dagger skill, she can summon three daggers for 30 uses total. Improving the HD skill increases the number of times she can summon a dagger, but it's still 10 uses per dagger.

There's also a general skill for everybody that grants you a pretty decent chance of a subweapon's uses not being incremented when you attack with it, so if you're really going Ninja Elf you'll want to boost that one, too.

Laws00

I'm curious and wondering will this get a digital release?

I want the 64 page art book

I'm wondering if I could just stroll up to gamestop and get it which would be the easy route

But then I wonder if my moms walmart will have it so i get it when the store opens and get a %10 discount on it

i dont know what to do i've cancelled my amazon.com game so many times too lol

Servbot24

Banned
I don't suppose there are any preorder sales? Can't quite go for the launch date at $50, and I'd have to choose between this and Xillia CE.

Played a bit. It looks fucking awesome, art style is great (got some lovely boobs there) and the gamplay is fun. I never thought i would like this game but really enjoying it right now. How long does it takes you to beat?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Played a bit. It looks fucking awesome, art style is great (got some lovely boobs there) and the gamplay is fun. I never thought i would like this game but really enjoying it right now. How long does it takes you to beat?
Roughly 15 hours for a normal mode playthrough

Top Bottom