• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Just played this game for a bit. Wonderful =D! Wizard FTW!

I noticed some small lags when there're a lot of effects on Vita screen though, but nothing ridiculous. Hope it won't be worse =).

Either way, it won't be a gamekiller for me. The game and art are excellent =). Can't wait to play it after work.

Jimrpg

Question time -

1. Can I play 2 (and 3 and 4) human players on the PS3 local co-op without having NPCs control the non human players... I find it kind of distracting with so much on the screen. One reason I never liked X-men legends games cause they were restrictive in that way. And secondly does the game scale up and down depending on how many human characters are playing? For example how does it play with one human player vs four human players. Are there more enemies on screen or do the enemies have more hit points and harder to kill?

2. Secondly i'm in Australia, which version should i get? The US, Asian or Jap version... (I can't read japanese)... will online be the same for all versions... i.e. I can still player Aussie players?

Thanks..

Esura

Banned
So is Elf hard to use like people say?

And can you change your character's color alt whenever you want or is it set once you decide?

OT is pretty garbage if I need to go outside the thread to get basic info like loot progression and how skill ups work. Might as well keep the thread title and just have the OP read: "Put your comments about this game in here".
People work hard on OTs. You haven't done anything but shit up this thread. Feel free to leave and vomit in another thread.

Explain how it's wrong. You put points into skills (explained in OP). And then I asked what that did (which was not explained in the OP).
Explain your own goddamn self. It's your point.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
So is Elf hard to use like people say?

And can you change your character's color alt whenever you want or is it set once you decide?

i don't find her difficult to use at all. it's just a matter of getting used to how the directional input affects her aim in the air vs on the ground. with multiple levels in evade you can stay airborne for like, 10 seconds at a time raining death. it's a lot of fun. firing a hail of charged multishot flame tipped arrows upwards can absolutely tear up bosses. she's a beast in the right situations.

and yes you can change your name/color whenever.

Robotziane

Neo Member
Apologies if already discussed but is anyone using the Amazon and if so how are you finding it. Think she will be the first character I roll with but I'm concerned it may make the game too difficult for me.

Jarsonot

Just got a Vita, and maybe I don't understand party chat, but wouldn't that work for voice chat while playing online? Vita version only, obviously.

Maybe limited to friends, and maybe a bit of a pain to have to create a room, but a possible workaround?

Also, I saw this was asked but didn't see an answer: Will AI allies always be playing with me if I solo the game, or do I have to summon them?

Teknoman

Just got a Vita, and maybe I don't understand party chat, but wouldn't that work for voice chat while playing online? Vita version only, obviously.

Maybe limited to friends, and maybe a bit of a pain to have to create a room, but a possible workaround?

Also, I saw this was asked but didn't see an answer: Will AI allies always be playing with me if I solo the game, or do I have to summon them?

It will. Same thing we had to do to voice chat in Soul Sacrifice. I honestly have no idea why voice chat in games isnt an option by default, with the built in microphone and all.

Jarsonot

It will. Same thing we had to do to voice chat in Soul Sacrifice. I honestly have no idea why voice chat in games isnt an option by default, with the built in microphone and all.

Ah, ok. Am I right that it is friends only and must be set up outside the game? It is a completely separate app that runs in background, right?

And yeah, if so, that IS weird. The system can obviously do it...

Apologies if already discussed but is anyone using the Amazon and if so how are you finding it. Think she will be the first character I roll with but I'm concerned it may make the game too difficult for me.

I got the game yesterday and started off with the Amazon. No troubles so far.
This game is gorgeous! And to think that from this afternoon I have three weeks off :D

Question time -

1. Can I play 2 (and 3 and 4) human players on the PS3 local co-op without having NPCs control the non human players... I find it kind of distracting with so much on the screen. One reason I never liked X-men legends games cause they were restrictive in that way. And secondly does the game scale up and down depending on how many human characters are playing? For example how does it play with one human player vs four human players. Are there more enemies on screen or do the enemies have more hit points and harder to kill?

One of the options in the tavern allows you to press the triangle button on particular slots to disable having the AI joining you. I can't get more specific than that right now, not at my PS3.

luka

Loves Robotech S1

In the tavern you can set any player slot to disallow the AI from joining randomly. I actually had to do this to finish at least one quest that requires you to solo.

edit - beaten by a hair

The world needs more dwarves

Dwarfbros unite. Let's get this train rolling.

Dargon-s-Crown-dragons-crown-22778750-500-555.jpg

Gonna pair with Elf as much as possible.

Wish there was a sweet Cleric-class character.

130572-male-human-cleric.jpg

My guess is they wanted to avoid putting in a class with a direct unlimited heal because a group composition with multiple would pretty much remove all danger of dying.

I agree though, a cleric would've been cool if they could balance it.

Caerith

Yeah, they could give up on the dwsrf and put a cleric.

From what game this picture is from?
D&D 4e, that's a cleric or paladin of Erathis. Not sure what book it's from, though.

Oh, and since Erathis is not the god of pro wrestling, I'd prefer we keep the Dwarf.

deim0s

Me gots mine a couple of hours ago and played local coop for a few hours.

Dat artwork. I need the art book for this!

Esura

Banned
i don't find her difficult to use at all. it's just a matter of getting used to how the directional input affects her aim in the air vs on the ground. with multiple levels in evade you can stay airborne for like, 10 seconds at a time raining death. it's a lot of fun. firing a hail of charged multishot flame tipped arrows upwards can absolutely tear up bosses. she's a beast in the right situations.

and yes you can change your name/color whenever.

Ooooo, thanks.

She sounds beasty, using her for sure now. :D

$h@d0w

Unlocking more gameplay mechanics in this leads me to believe Vita is the way to go. There's a bit more interaction with the environments than first appears and the touchscreen really helps with this.

Runes and also bits of flavor text when tapping on points of interest.

To anyone playing, does the game get super repetitive after a while like other Vanillaware games?

That's the only thing holding me back from a day 1 purchase :C

DigitalOp

Banned
Just played this game for a bit. Wonderful =D! Wizard FTW!

I noticed some small lags when there're a lot of effects on Vita screen though, but nothing ridiculous. Hope it won't be worse =).

Either way, it won't be a gamekiller for me. The game and art are excellent =). Can't wait to play it after work.

So nothing major, Just little hiccups when its busy? Totally liveable, I was hoping people were making a bigger deal out of it than it really was.

Finalow

so yay, seems like I can't buy it from vgp.
any other decent site where I can buy this import from US? Sadly amazon.com doesn't ship to italy.

maomaoIYP

No problems with Amazon or Sorceress, but Elf is really really hard. I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing with her. Her bow is strong, but setting up combos with her weak ass kicks is really hard.

"The game's art style is hard to nail down because it's as if a children's story book had been tossed in a cauldron... and a few body builder, and dirty magazines." - GT Video Review

Not the exact quote but I got it decently. I love GT reviews because they usually always say something funny about the game like this. They gave it an 8.5 so that's really good. It was a pretty good video review and was the first one I've watched so far.

Top Bottom