• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Reveirg

Do we know if Sakimoto is composing the OST solo or is it a collective effort from Basiscape's team?

To those who've played it, how IS the soundtrack?

Saw the mouse in the gameplay footage and had to make an avatar for it :) Anyone's free to use if them if they like.

dc-mouse-avatar-1svloa.png
dc-mouse-avatar-26kleh.png
dc-mouse-avatar-3say0a.png

dc-mouse-avatar-demorll35.png

So yeah everytime I see this character in the level and hear the sound he makes along with the animation, I always make the biggest grin. My GF was laughing at me. This little mouse just cracks me up.

Andrew.

Banned
You need it. Believe me.

I get that its there to keep track of your character when playing MP since so much crap is on screen, but Ill be playing solo most of the time. Unless it gets ridiculous to keep track of where you are even as a solo romp I dont see the point of it.

Teknoman

Do we know if Sakimoto is composing the OST solo or is it a collective effort from Basiscape's team?

To those who've played it, how IS the soundtrack?

Yeah, I liked everything in Muramasa, so i'm hoping for a step up from that. Ideally it would be FF tactics / XII style taken to the next level.

I am interested in this game though I don't know how much I'd like it. I wish there was a demo.

Supposed to be one Tuesday.

Are the artbooks identical for both the U.S. Vita and PS3 versions? Getting the Vita version for sure and wondering if I will miss out on a better version of the artbook by not going PS3.

Ultimadrago

Are the artbooks identical for both the U.S. Vita and PS3 versions? Getting the Vita version for sure and wondering if I will miss out on a better version of the artbook by not going PS3.

They have the same art book. The only differences are between the Japanese and US versions, which are hardcover and softcover respectively.

They have the same art book. The only differences are between the Japanese and US versions, which are hardcover and softcover respectively.

Still on the fence on whether I should pre-order. I've been download only on my Vita since day 1 and not sure I want to break that.

Not trying to start a debate on physical media vs digital, but is the artbook really worth it? Does it have a lot of art that hasn't already been released or available online? Any impressions from those who imported would be appreciated.

Giolon

Still on the fence on whether I should pre-order. I've been download only on my Vita since day 1 and not sure I want to break that.

Not trying to start a debate on physical media vs digital, but is the artbook really worth it? Does it have a lot of art that hasn't already been released or available online? Any impressions from those who imported would be appreciated.

Judging by the photos that have been posted a couple pages back, YES

Giolon

What people usually say about Tactics and XII, so i'm hyped :p

Seriously though, i'm sure he really delivered on the village, deep underground, and boss themes.

If the music is all as good as the music on the game's website, I'm going to be very pleased.

Nibiru

Banned
Really sucks that this is not cross play. I am pre-ordering for PS3 but I have a buddy that is only able to play on his Vita. IT SUX!:(

Yes I know I could get for Vita but this game looks fantastic and I want to see it on my crazy tv!

So yeah everytime I see this character in the level and hear the sound he makes along with the animation, I always make the biggest grin. My GF was laughing at me. This little mouse just cracks me up.

That pretty much just means you're human. I doubt many people can supress a grin every time he appears. :D

Hype reaching critical levels now. If all goes well the game should arrive home during next week. If it doesn't, at least I can replay the demo a few thousand times.

Bombless

That pretty much just means you're human. I doubt many people can supress a grin every time he appears. :D

Hype reaching critical levels now. If all goes well the game should arrive home during next week. If it doesn't, at least I can replay the demo a few thousand times.

There's going to be a demo?!

Brb, making PSN US account to have something to tide me over until the package from VG+ arrives!

There's going to be a demo?!

Brb, making PSN US account to have something to tide me over until the package from VG+ arrives!

Haven't heard of or seen a demo on us psn.

Zonic505 mentioned it should:

According to the PS Blogcast, there'll be a demo of the game on Tuesday when PSN updates. Pretty sure it's both Vita & PS3, but at the moment, might just be PS3.

I already have EU, US and JP accounts so whichever lands first will be good. :)

FaintDeftone

I'm excited for this game. I have been craving a new beat-em-up game lately. I just can't decide which version I want. I may go with PS3 for the local multiplayer.

are there any meaty dlc planned for the game? i mean the game is successful i guess in japan. hopefully there are some dungeon dlc with weapons and such

are there any meaty dlc planned for the game? i mean the game is successful i guess in japan. hopefully there are some dungeon dlc with weapons and such

I don't think so

Reason he doesn't do sequels is that he can't usually, so he makes games such that they're stuffed full of all the ideas he wanted to have, with no potential for regrets over things left out. Dragon's Crown is one such game, where he's completely exhausted all the ideas he wanted and implemented them, so that it'd be hard to make a sequel quickly even if asked.

Dragon's Crown is just packed with things he liked, everything he was hoping for pretty much got put in. The game system, the art, the game book style [does this mean like in Odin Sphere? I don't know.], monsters, scenario events. Now that he's made this game, he can die happy. Not that he wants to die yet----even when his game designs weren't going forward, he always was making planning documents and has tons of other ideas he wants to do. There's at least 10 that he still wants to do most of all.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569265

I think the team has to go back and start work on the Vita Muramasa DLC. The team is tiny and can probably only work on one thing at a time, minus whatever pre-production is hopefully in development for the next game.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
How hard is it to play the Japanese version? Impossible to playthrough if I don't understand the text?

it has full english narration which makes doing the main story easy. there are a lot of shop/menu/skill screens that might be confusing if you don't know katakana at least, but it'd be easy to look up a guide for the stuff you can't figure out. the only thing that might give people trouble is sidequests, which there are a lot of.

Ultimadrago

Torn whether to get this on PS3 of Vita. Any consensus on which is the version to get?

Vita: Screencaps, Touch control for doors/chests/revives/runes (smoother and much faster than right analog mouse control on PS3)

PS3: Instant local-play (Vita's ad-hoc unlocks with online play later into the game), better framerate

You can check the Player's List to see one particular split on the matter.

chrono01

Vita: Screencaps, Touch control for doors/chests/revives/runes (smoother and much faster than right analog mouse control on PS3)

PS3: Instant local-play (Vita's ad-hoc unlocks with online play later into the game), better framerate

You can check the Player's List to see one particular split on the matter.
To add to this it's apparently easier to keep track of your character while in the midst of combat easier on the PS3 since you have a much larger screen.

chrono01

can't always intercept the truck.
Just watch me!

...Wait, I prefer to remain among the living. It's probably not advisable to try. After all, if I am no longer in this world I will never be able to play Dragon's Crown [as well as the many other incredible titles to come]. I'm pretty sure I can wait an extra day.

...Maybe...

cj_iwakura

Preordered today. And I was given the artbook early. :D Can get pics if anyone wants.

And I regard their games as, respectively:

Odin Sphere - Masterpiece
Grim Grimoire - Amazing
Muramasa - Very Good

So if this is even better, we're in for a treat.

Top Bottom