• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Mine is also still showing tuesday august 6th for delivery.

Granted, I did put my preorder in when ignition was publishing it, then redid the preorder that week when it was relisted under Atlus so I may have just gotten in on time

Any idea on the file size for the vita download? I know JP is probably smaller due to no dual language(I think?) but I just want to know how much of my already stupidly full memory card I need to free up

That's strange. Mine is on two-day and it says I'll get it Tuesday. I'll keep an eye on it though because who knows what they're doing.

Oh, I will...I've been checking it every once in a while since I placed it...and pretty much every few hours the last few days. Hah.

Maybe the date changed since I added another gift card to the order earlier? Though it didn't say anything different after that...

I only added the extra gift card because it asked me if I wanted to, so I was, like...sure, yeah, why not? With one-day shipping now and everything, my order is at $31.97.

Giolon

I've had my PS3 preorder since the re-listing and it says Aug 8th for my delivery date w/ prime shipping. GameStop it is.

bkw

Bah. Preordered a while back on Amazon.ca. Estimated shipping on the 9th, estimate arrival 15th. Wow. I hope it's not accurate and arrives earlier than that..

deim0s

Is multiplayer region locked? Can I filter and/or just drop-in and out in my game or any ones game? Asking this as I'm trying to unlock MP.

Still bummed out about Grand Knight History. Hope Dragons Crowns success revives that game since they now have the time to work on it.

If we never see GKH, at least we know that DC is so good that it was worth the sacrifice.

I really hope that VanillaWare/Atlus/whoever is in charge after Index, are smart enough to ride the VanillaWare hype wave and release both Grim's Grimoire and GHK on the Vita. Particularly GG would benefit from touch controls. On the other hand, GG's assets are probably low-res (as opposed to Muramasa which were high-res even in the original Wii version, for some reason), so short of a complete makeover, it might make more sense to release it on 3DS.

Not that I can recall, no. Entering my freshman year of college this year and I've really only gamed for 7-8 years so the genre is definitely foreign to me.

This is at the same time logical and mind-blowing. It really goes to show how deader than dead the genre has been for the past two generations. It was such a pervasive genre in the 16-bit days; early in the generation, it was easier to find someone who hadn't played a 1 vs 1 fighting game, to the point that "fighting game" by default referred to sidescrolIers and not 1v1's.

It's such a weird feeling to have a thought that is simultaneously obvious and unimaginable, like stepping into an alternate world where even the most hardcore of gamers haven't ever seen a First Person Shooter.

Also, for those that are curious about the genre in general and Dragon's Crown in particular, play Shadow over Mystara. Either buy the recent re-release, or emulate it on Mame. It is both the best and deepest sidescroller ever created, and the biggest inspiration for Dragon's Crown. Playing it should also get you up to speed to genre mechanics, including vertical movement/shadow alignment and such.

RyoonZ

Banned
Just got my game and thankfully it has artbook. Playing Sorceress and on PS3, still can't go online yet. So far so good.

To those who are playing the game and progressed well. Im just into an hour and a half maybe. Where is Samuel? Searched everywhere on town.

Edit: my bad, i took care of it. But a question. How long do i need to play more to open online co op?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
To those who are playing the game and progressed well. Im just into an hour and a half maybe. Where is Samuel? Searched everywhere on town.

Edit: my bad, i took care of it. But a question. How long do i need to play more to open online co op?
You need to beat the game on normal to unlock online for that character.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
0ecwg5e.png

Taking this, thanks!

ironcreed

Banned
After careful consideration, I think I can wait. As great as it looks for what it is, it still looks like it should be no more than $30.00 to me. I'll check it out later for sure.

Moofers

After careful consideration, I think I can wait. As great as it looks for what it is, it still looks like it should be no more than $30.00 to me. I'll check it out later for sure.

Based on what? I always find this way of thinking to be weird. Either the game looks rad and you want it, or you don't. Is saving $10 worth missing out on the "day one fun" that you could be having with the rest of us? Stuff is always at its most rad when you're among the first ones there.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
3 hours in and I'm having a blast with this game in single player. I find it surprising there's variety in a Vanillaware game.

Although my biggest problem is that it's really easy to get lost if there is a horde of monsters.

maomaoIYP

Just beat it on normal with the Amazon solo. Steamrolled the last boss.
Amazon is really damn good with her crapload of i-frames. Also double evasion is godtier.

edit: There's only one part on normal that's impossible solo,
the ship section with the kraken tentacles
. I had to use at least 1 hireling to get past that.

I'm stuck in a loop of playing a game, craving Dragon's Crown, and checking this thread or other DC media. Sigh.

Watching that video was the first time I've ever seen the Amazon's running animation, it's not that great to me. The Sorceress's is pretty funny the way she holds her hat, so I like hers.

It looks great to me; in fact, the leg animation reminds me a lot of another VanillaWare character. Momohime, perhaps?

Oh, fuck! Whose idea was that? Fuck, fuck.

It's only midway through Normal, not the end, and there's a good reason for it; the Siliconera review explains it quite well.

You mean that "you think the game should not be more than 30$", or that "you don't want to pay more than 30$"? The latter is perfectly fine, but the former makes no sense to me. In any case, getting the game later means that you won't get the artbook, either.

ironcreed

Banned
Based on what? I always find this way of thinking to be weird. Either the game looks rad and you want it, or you don't. Is saving $10 worth missing out on the "day one fun" that you could be having with the rest of us? Stuff is always at its most rad when you're among the first ones there.

Yes, it looks great for what it is and I do want to play it. But it is still a side scrolling beat 'em up, despite the RPG elements and I just think it should be a bit cheaper. Other than that, my opinion on the game has not changed. I simply decided that I can wait. That's all.

ironcreed

Banned
You mean that "you think the game should not be more than 30$", or that "you don't want to pay more than 30$"? The latter is perfectly fine, but the former makes no sense to me. In any case, getting the game later means that you won't get the artbook, either.

Indeed, I can't speak for anyone but myself. As for the artbook, I don't care. I was going digital anyway.

casmith07

Preordered the Vita version on Amazon, but I might go do it at GameStop today if I can get the art book in person and avoid the weird shipping thing for release date on Amazon.

Qvoth

Nope. I doubt it ever will be, you know how asia psn is a useless piece of shit. The jpn version's dlc is also incompatible with the asia english version apparently.

considering they actually sell the voice DLCs in the asia psn too, no surprises there

Marvelous

After thinking about it these last few days, the Amazon will most likely be my main character.
I'm just curious about her parry ability. How does it work exactly?

maomaoIYP

considering they actually sell the voice DLCs in the asia psn too, no surprises there
I really want the Japanese Elf voice as the narrator =(
After thinking about it these last few days, the Amazon will most likely be my main character.
I'm just curious about her parry ability. How does it work exactly?
She blocks an attack and depending of the time between the block animation and the actual attack connecting the enemy takes damage and she gains i-frames.

I cancelled my Amazon preorder and just used some of the GS credit I have to preorder it at a location close to home. I can't wait to pick it up on my way home from work.

I getting the Vita version btw. I plan on buying the PS3 version later down the road. Maybe after a price drop?

DigitalOp

Banned
I just preordered at Gamestop...

*shudders*

I usually do Best Buy but they didn't display the Artbook as a bonus so I didn't want to risk the chance of missing it..

maomaoIYP

Can you parry another attack in that 3-second invulnerability window to keep it going? :D

Haha, I think you actually can, but don't quote me on that. While the parry window seems generous it's actually harder than it seems in actual combat. I usually use the parry i-frames to go for the 4-hit followed by brandish, which is delayable and has tonnes of i-frames.

Top Bottom