• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry for the silly question, is this a definite for US PSN next tuesday ? I'm going to 'import' but I'm thinking of just buying credit and purchasing the download on my US account rather than importing a physical copy.

Sanctuary

I thought Guardian Heroes was overrated. It wouldn't take much for this game to top it. And art-wise, there's no question.

Timing is everything. It might not have aged exceptionally well, but you couldn't find a better co-op experience on a home console when that game was new.

Anyone else undecided on a class yet? They all seem appealing in their own way.

Probably going to play the more *ahem*, "buxomy" classes last.

It seems there is no consensus on the difficulty. I read 1 review where I heard its so easy it's boring until you get to Hard. Then I read another review saying you have to grind at certain spots cause it becomes to difficult. Of these reviews neither stated if they were playing co-op or co-op with how many or if they were playing solo. Do anyone else have an further insight into this?

FaintDeftone

I dropped a preorder in for the PS3 version yesterday (hopefully it isn't too late to get the art book). Looking forward to giving this a spin Tuesday night.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
It seems there is no consensus on the difficulty. I read 1 review where I heard its so easy it's boring until you get to Hard. Then I read another review saying you have to grind at certain spots cause it becomes to difficult. Of these reviews neither stated if they were playing co-op or co-op with how many or if they were playing solo. Do anyone else have an further insight into this?
I know that Epic Name Bro was saying it wasn't difficult until the final difficulty, but he's a much better gamer than I am, so I'm not worried.

I gave up on my Muramasa Fury play through very quickly.

Just got cancellation from Newegg. After a call they said they would honor all the discounts I had, figured I would give them a second shot since I also had a $5 gc.

Caerith

Sorry for the silly question, is this a definite for US PSN next tuesday ? I'm going to 'import' but I'm thinking of just buying credit and purchasing the download on my US account rather than importing a physical copy.
It's been more or less confirmed to be day 1 digital.

thanks, i appreciate it. it was late and i didn't read the last few posts.
It's okay, you're just living up to your name.

Fermbiz

Gold Member
**Boss Battle Spoiler Alert**

So I beat the Killer Rabbit twice, I didn't get the talisman for that stage. I noticed there was a box of bombs to the right, was I supposed to use them?

Also, that rabbit most definitely caught me off guard lol. Im thinking its going to turn into a giant beast or something. I get the feeling the developers were inspired by this scene from Billy and Mandy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmZAzVS8Nw4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So I beat the Killer Rabbit twice, I didn't get the talisman for that stage. I noticed there was a box of bombs to the right, was I supposed to use them?

Also, that rabbit most definitely caught me off guard lol. Im thinking its going to turn into a giant beast or something. I get the feeling the developers were inspired by this scene from Billy and Mandy

Pretty sure they were inspired by this classic scene: http://youtu.be/tgj3nZWtOfA

Caerith

I.... wut. You've never seen of
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
? This scene predates the scene you linked by 30 years:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgj3nZWtOfA

Edit: beaten.

IWKYB

Banned
This person is correct.

71b3CSl.jpg

Naite

I really wish this was cross-buy. My PS3 copy should be arriving on Tuesday. I'm probably gonna end up double dipping on a vita version later on.

This person is correct.

Urging someone to change their plans to watch Monthy Python is always correct. Holy Grail is one of my favorite MP movies too, perhaps because I saw it as a child, 25+ years ago.

Anyhow, I have a question for fortunate current owners of the game that have reached level cap. Do you still get skill points after level 99? In other words, is it possible to max all skills, eventually?

Anyhow, I have a question for fortunate current owners of the game that have reached level cap. Do you still get skill points after level 99? In other words, is it possible to max all skills, eventually?

I have the same question and will also ask: If it's not possible to max all your skills, is there a respec option? Or is that not really something you'd need? (I know there's sufficient character slots to allow multiple builds of a class.)

Skilletor

I like it. More games need to do this. Freaking scrubs at level one joining my quests @Blands2...

Sucks for people who have no intention to play with randoms, or people who just don't want to play alone no matter the skill level of their companions.

And it's not like making it through the easy campaign on normal will be any type of guarantee that a person will know what they're doing.

Espada

I have the same question and will also ask: If it's not possible to max all your skills, is there a respec option? Or is that not really something you'd need? (I know there's sufficient character slots to allow multiple builds of a class.)

Every 3 levels in the Labyrinth of Chaos you get the respec item. You only get it the first time you reach that floor though (3, 6, 9, 12, etc...)

Ken

I like it. More games need to do this. Freaking scrubs at level one joining my quests @Blands2...

But for adhoc/local play? I'd prefer to get the Vita version because saves will be separate but the PS3's local play from the start is tempting.

Caerith

Every 3 levels in the Labyrinth of Chaos you get the respec item. You only get it the first time you reach that floor though (3, 6, 9, 12, etc...)
Maybe too early to ask, but those are shareable for all characters on an account, right? Do you get extra items for taking a different character through the LoC?

Velcro Fly

Seriously can't wait to play this game. I'm not too worried about repetitive gameplay since I've played a ton of Dynasty Warriors in my day and nothing is as repetitive as that. And it has a lot less incentive to keep on playing too. Definitely going to be playing as the Dwarf first and probably the Fighter or Elf next. Trying to get a ilst of names all ready for when I get the game. Not too sure how much online I'll be playing on the Vita version of the game though. And really hoping that I get the artbook. I have little faith in GameStop :(

Bombless

Euro peasant here. It's probably been asked and answered but...

Any specific reason to wait or to immediatly import ?

Game will be released in EU "this Fall". When I preordered there wasn't even any confirmation of the EU release (and that announcement came in only what, 2-3 weeks ago?).

I don't want to wait that long, or possibly longer if any issues with localisation occur.

pariah164

Game will be released in EU "this Fall". When I preordered there wasn't even any confirmation of the EU release (and that announcement came in only what, 2-3 weeks ago?).

I don't want to wait that long, or possibly longer if any issues with localisation occur.
There's honestly no reason NOT to import, since the Vita is region free. The only reason I didn't was because I was unaware the JP version had English in it.

maomaoIYP

It's a class problem. I suspect those who intend on playing Elf right from the start will be turned off by the game.
Also normal is cakewalk if you're not playing solo.

Chucker

Picked up the Vita version at my Mom and Pop place, put about an hour into it. Switched from the analog stick to the d-pad since I was having trouble dashing. So far it's great fun, can't wait to unlock multi.

PSN username is ChuxBuster if anybody else has it early and needs an extra party member.

I have had the NA Vita version since Friday. I knew that I would like this game, but I'm actually loving it quite a bit. Kind of wish I had bought the PS3 version now. Might dip on it as well.

It's gorgeous on the Vita screen and the gameplay is superb. Just the right amount of complexity to the battle system to make it interesting for seasoned veterans of the genre while maintaining a good amount of accessibility for newcomers.

I'm very impressed.

Not sure when I unlock multiplayer though. I guess I should read the OP.

Also, kind of wish there was an auction house and wearable (visible) armour. Both might be best left for a sequel.

So... PS3 or Vita?

If I get it on PS3, I can play co-op with my girlfriend (once she gets past the... presentation). But realistically most of the time I'd be playing alone.

Any thoughts on which version is best?

Picked the game up yesterday for the Vita. The_Joker1721 (just let me know your from GAF) for anyone that wants to play. Just finished the first mission for like the fifth time. I'm enjoying the wizard so far.

I just beat the game on normal with my Amazon. If theres one complaint I have, it's the casters that have screen wide spells that keeps you from keeping track of whats going on. That is on top of the abilities bosses use. Because of that I found soloing easier on the
Ancient Dragon/Red Dragon

I thought amazon was just slow hard hitting melee from the start but wow ... I think she is the strongest / fastest DPS in this game. I have yet to try other classes though, might try an elf next.

Overall this game satisfies that grind for lvl/loot. Very enjoyable game.

Top Bottom