• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Espada

Maybe too early to ask, but those are shareable for all characters on an account, right? Do you get extra items for taking a different character through the LoC?

You can only get the respec item once with a given character once they reach the required floors. To get more you'd either have to go deeper into the dungeon or have raise another character and reach level 3, 6, etc... in the LoC. So yes, you could farm them for all characters on an account but it'd be slow as hell (since you have to unlock Inferno difficulty with that character).

ITADAKIMASU said:
I thought amazon was just slow hard hitting melee from the start but wow ... I think she is the strongest / fastest DPS in this game. I have yet to try other classes though, might try an elf next.
Yeah, Overlap, War Paint, Berserk, Parry (i frames galore) and Immortal just lead to obscene amounts of DPS. Completely broken class.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Man... Amazon still haven't ship my copy yet.

If you're getting release date delivery, they usually overnight it the day before. For reference, I pre-order tons of games from them, and always get them on release date. I wouldn't be concerned.

If you didn't get release day delivery, you're probably going to be waiting a while.

"Your Amazon.com order of "Dragon's Crown" has shipped!‏"

Awwww, yeah! Not much more waiting to go...but the last bit of waiting is always the worse!

Too lazy to Duck Duck Go, but do weapon and armor pickups change how my character looks?

I think weapons change what your character is holding, but armor doesn't change your look. I know since the fighter has a giant shield and sword that if you change his shield and sword, he looks really different.

So at first i wasn't that hyped for this game since I've mostly been hearing some bad reception coming from different forums lately, but watching the IGN Live gameplay of this game changed that entirely. The dude playing the game went online for a level (I haven't seen online gameplay before this) and it was completely hectic and attack animations were going everywhere.

I can't even imagine how fun this game is going to be on my Vita after seeing that.

Can't wait for Tuesday!

Sushigod7

I've stayed away from the thread because I don't want to spoil anything but the wait is almost over!!! Can't wait for Tuesday actually can't wait for Thursday & Friday I'm working from home so will be all up in my Dragon's Crown. Amazon is shipping now!

chrono01

I've stayed away from the thread because I don't want to spoil anything but the wait is almost over!!! Can't wait for Tuesday actually can't wait for Thursday & Friday I'm working from home so will be all up in my Dragon's Crown. Amazon is shipping now!
Indeed she is!

ihFz85WRXikU3.jpg

It's a class problem. I suspect those who intend on playing Elf right from the start will be turned off by the game.
Also normal is cakewalk if you're not playing solo.

I know that Epic Name Bro was saying it wasn't difficult until the final difficulty, but he's a much better gamer than I am, so I'm not worried.

I gave up on my Muramasa Fury play through very quickly.

Thanks for the replies. I've been thinking bout soloing it, since I'm not found of the havoc 4 players brings.

Canceled my preorder and since then ive Been on the fence, off the fence so I just watched ign's live stream. After seeing the loot and leveling in detail I just preordered it again. I can't wait

Astarte

Canceled my preorder and since then ive Been on the fence, off the fence so I just watched ign's live stream. After seeing the loot and leveling in detail I just preordered it again. I can't wait

IGN's live stream was hilarious. I remember there was one point in time when the streamer arrived at the bound spirit with 3 other online randoms and the randoms all gravitated towards her breasts and rapidly clicked on them; he busted out laughing and so did I

Caerith

You can only get the respec item once with a given character once they reach the required floors. To get more you'd either have to go deeper into the dungeon or have raise another character and reach level 3, 6, etc... in the LoC. So yes, you could farm them for all characters on an account but it'd be slow as hell (since you have to unlock Inferno difficulty with that character).
I'm curious about this. I've read you only get the "Beat the game with class" trophy for the class Player 1 is if you're doing local co-op, but Players 2-4 will still get their progress saved. (Solution: switch controllers and replay the final battle?) If you do local co-op all the way to LoC, can you just redo LoC with a different character in the Player 1 slot and get seconds on the respec item?

/overlyspecificquestion

Okay screw it, I'm naming my wizard SHAZAM! The wait is murder
Will your wizard have the wisdom of Solomon?

The Polygon review is the only one that was really like 'ermahgerd game is terrible and sexist'. Every other review has been really positive, from what I've read.
A bit off-topic, but if you're looking at reviews for a game and it's gotten high scores all around except for one site calling it garbage, and if you're looking at reviews for another game that's universally panned except for one site calling it perfect (and saying anyone who says otherwise is an idiot), and it's the same site doing this every time, then stop and ask yourself: "Are they being independent thinkers breaking free of the internet hivemind? Or are they stirring up 'controvery' to generate pagehits and ad revenue?" It's a conclusion you'll need to reach on your own, but some sites it's best just to ignore, not comment on, and not link to.

pariah164

A bit off-topic, but if you're looking at reviews for a game and it's gotten high scores all around except for one site calling it garbage, and if you're looking at reviews for another game that's universally panned except for one site calling it perfect (and saying anyone who says otherwise is an idiot), and it's the same site doing this every time, then stop and ask yourself: "Are they being independent thinkers breaking free of the internet hivemind? Or are they stirring up 'controvery' to generate pagehits and ad revenue?" It's a conclusion you'll need to reach on your own, but some sites it's best just to ignore, not comment on, and not link to.
Whoop, my bad. Apologies, won't happen again.

Oh shit, you can customize your character's looks?
To an extent; just palette swaps, but at least it's something.

Death by shop NPC. I dig it.

ToyBroker

Banned
Oh shit, you can customize your character's looks?

There's just some palette swaps. Nothing crazy in-depth.

Still torn between Dwarf and Amazon and Elf.

What was the reasoning behind the dude's comment earlier who said people who pick Elf from the start might get turned off? Because she makes the first difficulty too easy? Or too hard?

I can't decide on what class I want to play

getting both versions

I'm going to play tuesday with my wife, she's been looking forward to this game once she saw the trailer a couple of weeks ago

i'm going to play the vita version that night at work

then i'm going to play friday night with 3 of my friends

I think I want to do elf in my wife/solo play but then switch to amazon when i play 4 players

If someone else plays elf do they have my character progression or can they make a new elf and start at level 1 with us?

I know the progress is saved to the psn login so i'm trying to figure out how this is going to work

maomaoIYP

There's just some palette swaps. Nothing crazy in-depth.

Still torn between Dwarf and Amazon and Elf.

What was the reasoning behind the dude's comment earlier who said people who pick Elf from the start might get turned off? Because she makes the first difficulty too easy? Or too hard?

I'm the dude. Solo Elf makes things way too hard. Learn the system with an easier character first.

Solo #TeamElf reporting for duty. According to MasterLL, Elf with Salamander oil >>> anything the game can throw at you in normal mode. Backstab with Salamander oil apparently also does obscene amounts of damage at lower levels. Not worried in the slightest.

How's the leveling between characters work? If I level up an Amazon, is there a way to get say, the Dwarf up to speed faster than before, or would I have to grind out levels with everybody?

Bombless

How's the leveling between characters work? If I level up an Amazon, is there a way to get say, the Dwarf up to speed faster than before, or would I have to grind out levels with everybody?

You have to grind out the levels with every character, unless you can use those chars in couch coop.

maomaoIYP

If you had a lvl 99 Amazon take your lvl 99 hirelings and stomp through the game with your lvl 1 Dwarf.

Bombless

If you had a lvl 99 Amazon take your lvl 99 hirelings and stomp through the game with your lvl 1 Dwarf.

Won't the hirelings get deleveled to the max level of the difficulty the dwarf PC is playing? (though I guess they'll still be very high level compared to the content).

maomaoIYP

Won't the hirelings get deleveled to the max level of the difficulty the dwarf PC is playing? (though I guess they'll still be very high level compared to the content).

I don't think so. I could have hirelings at lvl 36 or 37 at normal difficulty. I might have remembered wrongly though.

Top Bottom