• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Skilletor

My copies shipped.

Is cross-save just character progression or can I play through campaign on Vita and pick up where I left off on ps3?

Kamina

Golden Boy
It's been a week since VG+ shipped my Vita-Copy preorder, lets hope the international mail service doesn't suck and delivers it tomorrow.

Cant wait to start that Elf gameplay.

LiK

Newegg preorders shipped. I got it cheaper with coupon so I'm lucky it wasn't canceled like other Gaffers here.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think I will buy this through PSN and get a physical copy of Xillia. Or maybe wait for both. Uhm... Unsure of what to do. @_@

I would get both physical copies. IMO. Then again Xillia inside box its tarnished by the manual where more art could have been...

Emitan

Your Amazon.com order of "Dragon's Crown" has shipped! Your guaranteed delivery date is: Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Going to play it Tuesday night when I get home from work so I can head online on Wednesday because it's a day off.

LuuKyK

I would get both physical copies. IMO. Then again Xillia inside box its tarnished by the manual where more art could have been...

Oh, I mean, I would love to get physical copies for both but I am considering picking up one of those via PSN because this way I have something to play until the other game is released here in my country (it takes a while usually >_>).

So goddamn jealous of you Richie Riches with your release date delivery. At least newegg will have mine before the weekend.

Gotta blast through those first five hours so I can play the last ten with friends.

knew i reordered too late. my release day delivery didn't get shipped. so i just cancelled and will just buy off the psn store. not really worried about the art book. would have ended up staying in the box anyways lol.

LiK

So goddamn jealous of you Richie Riches with your release date delivery. At least newegg will have mine before the weekend.

Gotta blast through those first five hours so I can play the last ten with friends.

Newegg shipped mine with Lasership from NJ. Should be here next two days if no delays.

For those that pre-ordered from Newegg, does your shipment show the art book or does it only show the game?

I preordered mine late last week, so I don't know if I'm getting the book and was just curious if it should show up if I am.

LiK

For those that pre-ordered from Newegg, does your shipment show the art book or does it only show the game?

I preordered mine late last week, so I don't know if I'm getting the book and was just curious if it should show up if I am.

No one knows. I have faith that the artbook is included cuz they're usually good with Atlus preorders and Newegg is listed as one of the official retailers on Dragon's Crown US site.

RuGalz

Decided to forfeit my discount with Newegg and keep the order from Amazon anyway. I have no faith that Newegg will ship the artbook and I don't understand why they couldn't simply fix the new order due to cancellation. After reading how some people never got their credits afterward in the past I simply have no faith with them. Can't wait!

Just found the NA version in Paris for 64 euros (PS3), it's a bit expensive but i cannot wait any longer for this game. They were kind enough to give me the artbook with it.

Frankly, I think you got a pretty awesome deal. I'm waiting for my VGP copy but I wouldn't mind paying a bit more for having it on hand early and without risk, artbook included.

I have no idea why anyone interested in Japanese games would make PC their primary platform.

The port begging was... well, to put it politely, uninspired, but this reply makes no sense whatsoever either. Particularly, distinguishing between "Japanese" and "non-Japanese" games in this day and age, as if it one should limit themselves to one or the other, seems preposterous. There is only good and bad games; Dark Souls, for example, is an amazing Japanese game and the DSFixed PC version is without a shadow of a doubt the ultimate version of the game. I have made the PC my preferential platform for legacy and performance reasons among others, but still have a PS3, X360, DS, PSP, etc. for exclusives, Japanese or not.

Also, reposting this since it seems to have been overlooked and another GAfer was interested as well:

Anyhow, I have a question for fortunate current owners of the game that have reached level cap. Do you still get skill points after level 99? In other words, is it possible to max all skills, eventually?

krpiper

So I keep reading in the reviews that the Vita framerate is questionable at times. Is it a drop from like 60 to 30, or is it sub 20 like Jak and Daxter and Assassins Creed was?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Was watching some Wizard videos today, pretty hype. He doesn't have Protection like the Sorceress, right?

Also re: the limited used spells. Do they replenish after you each dungeon or sometime sooner?

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
UK here, no luck today. Hoping tomorrow, but probably Wednesday. At least I'll be able to download the US Vita version tomorrow night regardless.
2 days have never been so long...

So I keep reading in the reviews that the Vita framerate is questionable at times. Is it a drop from like 60 to 30, or is it sub 20 like Jak and Daxter and Assassins Creed was?
I haven't read a precise answer, but it doesn't seem to be something too bad.

maomaoIYP

Was watching some Wizard videos today, pretty hype. He doesn't have Protection like the Sorceress, right?

Also re: the limited used spells. Do they replenish after you each dungeon or sometime sooner?

He doesn't have protection or the negative status spells like ice prison, petrification or turn into frog. In exchange he gets really awesome but incredible long casting spells like meteor.
The limited used spells work exactly like items, they replenish when you go back to town, or if you cast a certain rune in the dungeon.

I don't know about the vita's slowdown, but the ps3 version has slowdown too when you're playing with many allies. I've only seen one place that gives slowdown when playing solo.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
The port begging was... well, to put it politely, uninspired, but this reply makes no sense whatsoever either. Particularly, distinguishing between "Japanese" and "non-Japanese" games in this day and age, as if it one should limit themselves to one or the other, seems preposterous. There is only good and bad games; Dark Souls, for example, is an amazing Japanese game and the DSFixed PC version is without a shadow of a doubt the ultimate version of the game. I have made the PC my preferential platform for legacy and performance reasons among others, but still have a PS3, X360, DS, PSP, etc. for exclusives, Japanese or not.
I don't know where you got the 'limit themselves' bit from, but if someone is interested in Japanese games, they'd be ill advised to make the PC their primary platform. Much in the same way that gaming on a handheld would be ridiculous if they're interested in big games from NA/EU studios. Take Vanillaware for instance: they've never released a game on PC. So if you're crazy about Japanese games and you're primarily (or solely) a PC gamer, I hope you'll be satisfied with Falcom games from XSEED and maybe a dozen other standouts.

You can sit and port beg, or you can go where games are.

$h@d0w

It's hard for me to be accurate because I play a Fighter and his moves are generally not as flashy as the Wizard for example, but I'll say it goes down to around 20-25 when in a very heated battle. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen this in the ten hours I have played.

satori

Any chance of the psn store being updated at midnight like they did for soul sacrifice? Would love to dl this before I head to work Tuesday morning :)

krpiper

It's hard for me to be accurate because I play a Fighter and his moves are generally not as flashy as the Wizard for example, but I'll say it goes down to around 20-25 when in a very heated battle. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've seen this in the ten hours I have played.

How long does it last? and is it still worth diving into?

Newegg preorders shipped. I got it cheaper with coupon so I'm lucky it wasn't canceled like other Gaffers here.

It was auto canceled by their system after a year. They said reorder it and they'll give us the difference back on our payment method. $39.99 for me :)

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
He doesn't have protection or the negative status spells like ice prison, petrification or turn into frog. In exchange he gets really awesome but incredible long casting spells like meteor.
The limited used spells work exactly like items, they replenish when you go back to town, or if you cast a certain rune in the dungeon.

Ah I see, thanks. So having a sorceress + wizard would be kind of nice I guess to give you time to cast those spells but I don't imagine seeing that party too much with the people I'll be playing with.

I should learn that rune, then! Sounds like you'd have to be pretty smart about spell usage if you're doing those repeated dungeon runs with people online if they don't replenish until you're back in town.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
How easy is it to track the action in this game? Every clip I see is impossible to follow, especially with 4 players and some AI helpers all crowded in a bunch.

I like the idea of requiring player skill to maintain combos and utilize skill abilities(beyond mashing attack), but with so much clutter...just hard to get an idea of what I am watching in video reviews/previews.

Sanctuary

Planning on either picking this up tomorrow or getting it digitally for the PS3. Any idea what the price difference would be between physical and digital? I haven't actually purchased a full game digitally yet, so I don't even know if there's any tax on it. I see that it's estimated at $49.99 in the OP, but I have no idea about the tax, and not every store seems to adhere to an exact price.

Newegg shipped mine with Lasership from NJ. Should be here next two days if no delays.

Good luck lol... They are terrible! When ever Amazon uses them, I would pray to god they don't lose my shit or leave my package unattended in front of my apartment.

$h@d0w

How long does it last? and is it still worth diving into?

I have a lot more hours to go. I think 15-20 hours per playthrough per difficulty would be my estimate.

I'm still unlocking skill points and gallery art. Haven't even touched the other characters either.

krpiper

I have a lot more hours to go. I think 15-20 hours per playthrough per difficulty would be my estimate.

I'm still unlocking skill points and gallery art. Haven't even touched the other characters either.

Sorry I should of clarified but I meant how long does the slowdown last

Top Bottom