• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah the gamestop I go to isn't doing a midnight release either(they only do so for fps games....)

Its cool though, just gonna enjoy a nice stroll to the mall tomorrow and pick it up.

The day GS does a midnight release for a niche title like this is the day I cut off a testicle with a spoon.

The End

Living so close to an amazon warehouse is a double-edged sword: i always get my stuff on release day, but i never get a shipping notice until midnight the night before, which drives me nuts every time.

Man amazon is really slipping, as a Prime member I remember when they used to give you free day one shipping.

Now the preorder wont arrive until thursday.

Amazon also used to do a lot of credit deals, like buy a game get $20 credit toward next purchase and most of those have dried up too.

Man amazon is really slipping, as a Prime member I remember when they used to give you free day one shipping.

Amazon also used to do a lot of credit deals, like buy a game get $20 credit toward next purchase and most of those have dried up too.

I miss the days when you could preorder and pay a dollar for release date shipping. No membership or anything. Was a sad day when they stopped doing that.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag

Depends on the game. They still offer release-day shipping on a lot of stuff, but when they don't paying $4 for overnight shipping doesn't bother me in the slightest.

I do miss the credit bonuses though. I don't care about Amazon Video.

rybrad

Got this coming from Gamefly so should have it early tomorrow. Amusingly enough, I hadn't really heard of this game until the big art controversy but the gameplay looks like my kind of thing. Hopefully it ends up being fun and worth an actual purchase!

My copy shipped from Amazon too! I managed to avoid most of previews outside of a couple of the character/class stuff and I think I've only see 2 of them. Pumped to play this even though my backlog is off the charts.

I think we need to clarify something here, because I honestly don't remember making reference to something as complicated as 'priorizing PC if one has all the platforms available to them to play any Japanese game at their leisure'. We need to go back to "Why not? I know its a Japanese dev but PC folks would like to give them money." Now, when I read PC folk, I read people who are primarily, or solely PC gamers

OK, since we're talking about clarifying, you cannot throw both of them together. You simply cannot. In fact, he probably meant "exclusive PC gamers", and if it's that, then your argument makes perfect sense (but then again, it makes perfect sense for "western games"; good luck playing Uncharted, The Last of Us, Gears of War, God of War, and/or whatever your poison is).

But you said that it did not make sense to make PC your "primary platform". There's a world of difference between both!

(in this case probably solely, since it doesn't seem like they'd want to give them money otherwise). I think that's a fair interpretation (let me know if it's a strawman!), which leads to "I have no idea why anyone interested in Japanese games would make PC their primary platform."

See? That's where your argument stumbles. Indeed, it doesn't make sense to make the PC your only platform if you're serious about not missing Japanese games. However, it makes ALL sense to make it your primary platform. These arguments are NOT equivalent; indeed, they're not related at all! Until you stop mixing them there's no way we're going anywhere with this discussion.

I probably should've been specific and added 'to consume Japanese games', and maybe you would've been okay with that, but it's too late. Keeping that in mind though I'll reframe and say it's perfectly fine to prioritize the PC platform... if you're not interested in playing very many Japanese games on it.

This is the fifth time you've repeated as much, and you've so far given zero arguments to support this (yet again, "primarily", not "solely"). We're not going anywhere with this discussion until you do, I'm afraid.

Like I mentioned earlier, you'll have a couple Falcom games, and a dozen action games like Dark Souls and DmC.

That's a bit of an exaggeration. Porting to PC is becoming more and more the norm for companies such as Capcom. If your point is that going PC-only, you'll miss on several unmissable gems, like Xenoblade Chronicles or Bayonetta, I'll happily concur.

So don't port beg, because if you're interested in Japanese games you should already have a console to play them on. That sound reasonable?

Again, of course that's reasonable. That's also not what you've been discussing up to now, over half of the time. Decide whether you meant "primarily" or "exclusively", and then we can talk.

Oh, and it's more like "doing this would be ridiculous, because it isn't in their best interest due to x." Again, principle of charity. Don't reduce it to an 'a because a' argument.

But you have utterly failed to provided an X. Your entire argument is "there are Japanese games that aren't available on PC". Aside from obvious, yet again, that only serves the point that only you are contesting; that argument does nothing for the "primarily" case.

Don't sit around accusing people of fallacious arguments when the premises are reasonable (though I guess I recognised that I was missing a premise). You have to interpret your opponent's argument in the best possible light,

No, you don't; there is absolutely zero obligation to do so. Additionally, not only you haven't extended that courtesy to me once, you've actively and knowingly done the opposite, i.e. purposely swapping "primarily" for "exclusively" to create a strawman.

which is why I didn't (until now I guess) spend much time on the 'limiting' bit you put into my mouth earlier, didn't go over the irrelevant DSfix thing, didn't go over the ad hominems. generalizations to 'everyone' and 'the thread', etc.

Go ahead, nobody is stopping you. This grows fruitless (and no doubt tiring for other posters in the thread, which we are muddling), so I suggest we continue via PM. I'm particularly interested in what you perceived as "ad hominems", considering I don't remember saying anything about your persona even once, but I might be wrong.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
OK so there aren't any player invites for MP right? So if I want to play with my friends it'll just be blind luck?

I'm about to shit myself if this isn't debunked.

EDIT: New pants purchase avoided.

Young Magus

I ENVY YOU ALL!!!! :p

My copy (along with Tales of Xilla) hasn't been shipped yet so im just sitting here playing the waiting game of the waiting game. ;_;

Domstercool

I'm about to shit myself if this isn't debunked.

EDIT: New pants purchase avoided.

There are two options when you go to the stables. Join Random and Join Friend. Join Friend takes you straight to their game. They have to have online enabled, obviously. :)

Wynnebeck

Banned
Package left Delaware this morning in time for tomorrow! Soon I'll have a handful of Amazon's....special moves in my hand to abuse. :D

Caerith

Question: what's the difference between dying message and resurrection message?

If you do that EVERY character you're doing local coop with would have to have unlocked Inferno mode. Otherwise when you switch to them you'll be stuck at whatever difficulty they reached as player one. The cool part is that the lower level guys can get the bones of level 99 characters.
Wait, clarification? I'm planning to local co-op with my girlfriend on PS3. Assume that I'll be P1 and she'll be P2 and we go through Normal and unlock Hard. Will only my character have access to Hard and she'll be stuck in Normal? I thought progress was saved and that characters still gained progression when in the P2-P4 spots, just that where the story begins is based on where P1 is.

Cool. But get the port begging out of here.

I have no idea why anyone interested in Japanese games would make PC their primary platform.
PC is my primary platform, but I own a PS2, PS3, and DS to fill the gaps.

I'm okay with DraCro not being on PC. It would just split the community even more, but now without the cross-save bridge, and you'd have to worry about people with hacked characters ruining your experience (see: Dark Souls PC). If we're going to port-beg (which we aren't in this thread), let's focus on getting the single-player Atlus/Vanillaware stuff.

I think it's just art and not representative of who the Sorceress really is. Would've been a cool easter egg if she actually were a wretched crone though.
Who says she isn't?

I'll probably end up doing that. ;-)

I don't think it's mentioned in the game, but I like how the Witcher series takes a similar approach. Magic taints those it touches, so most of the mages are actually crippled in some way and deformed early on. They're taught to use magic to alter their bone structure and features. Thought that was neat.
Actually, you've got that slightly wrong in a key way. In the Witcher, what magic does to mages is
renders them sterile
. As for deformity and using magic to alter ones appearance:

Mages use magic to make themselves beautiful because a) it's expected that mages will be beautiful and b) because they can. The notion of mages being deformed is because of Yennefer, the most well-known sorceress (outside of the games at least) who was born a hunchback. Yennefer was also born into a respectable family (maybe nobility? I forget), but because of her appearance they were quick to send her away to be a mage. There are other characters who are natural beauties and retain their beauty despite learning to use magic.

I haven't played the games yet, but I've read (all) the books (that have been published in NA).

Does anybody have the OT header image of the fairy in the cup w/o the DC or NeoGAF logo?
Yes <-- Link to KDash31987's album full of DraCro images.

jbaE2Mm6j6fqM6.jpg

Package left Delaware this morning in time for tomorrow! Soon I'll have a handful of Amazon's....special moves in my hand to abuse. :D
Mine is on 2-day shipping, supposed to receive tomorrow, and still hasn't shipped. I'm no mathologist, but dammit Amazon.

Moofers

Can anyone with the Vita version tell me if it lets you use custom music? Ex: Playing music in the dashboard, then loading up the game as the music keeps playing?

Thx!

So true. Good deal on the super quick clarification. GAF delivers as usual.

Hahah, truly. I love GAF. Particularly when someone posts about "does anybody remember a game where..." with the most vague and unhelpful description ever, and, without fail, someone posts the exact name of the game three minutes later.

In other news, I made this collage for a wallpaper, until I tried it and realized it looked terrible with icons and such (perhaps reducing contrast a lot... eh). But perhaps someone else will like it.

Boss spoilers:
http://i.minus.com/dS1WArXMRrNFe/Dragon's Crown Bosses 1680x1050.png

In other news, I made this collage for a wallpaper, until I tried it and realized it looked terrible with icons and such (perhaps reducing contrast a lot... eh). But perhaps someone else will like it.
Whoah, maybe I'm a little quick on the trigger finger, but thems look like some boss spoilers there. Maybe hide that behind a link? : )

Hahah, truly. I love GAF. Particularly when someone posts about "does anybody remember a game where..." with the most vague and unhelpful description ever, and, without fail, someone posts the exact name of the game three minutes later.

Err, could you please spoiler this? I didn't want to see what all the bosses in the game looked like before release. Thankfully I only saw the top row.

Top Bottom