• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

:(

I keep switching between skipping this and buying this just to screw all the haters and the sorceress whiners...
DO IT!

Have a good time playing it while you're at it.

Play it with some gaffers, no less.

The artbook on the first run should push you over the edge.

Also I swear between this and the Attack on Titan thread, today is "GAF inadvertent spoiler day."

Tu101uk

Importing this through Amazon USA, it says they're shipping soon, so hopefully it arrives in good ol' England on Thursday. =.= The wait will be horrible...

Quick question, are there any English skill lists and/or skill point calculators around?

I know it's been mentioned casually before, but I figured I'd post this here:

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames/ref=zg_bs_nav_0
http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...ogames/14210751/ref=zg_bs_unv_vg_2_14210851_2

ib0uQATN9Q3YNE.png

By the way, my copy is already here in Florida, just a few cities away. It should be delivered sometime tomorrow in the morning or afternoon. Can't wait!

Whoah, maybe I'm a little quick on the trigger finger, but thems look like some boss spoilers there. Maybe hide that behind a link? : )

Err, could you please spoiler this? I didn't want to see what all the bosses in the game looked like before release. Thankfully I only saw the top row.

This. Too bad I already glanced at all of them. :(

Sorry! Didn't think it would really be an issue, considering they're all bosses that have already appeared over and over in official trailers; I didn't realize some people would have actually avoided those as well. They're not all of the bosses in the game, indeed.

Yuterald

Not foaming at the mouth for this, but I'm excited to play this tomorrow. I'm actually most interested to hear the what Sakimoto and Basiscape cooked up for the OST. Odin Sphere and especially Muramasa had killer soundtracks. Also, not that I'll be playing this nonstop or anything, but I'm looking forward to seeing if they'll top the Armageddon scenario from Odin Sphere in any sort of fashion.

Mbrill82

I'll be picking this up tomorrow for PS3 and I added my info to the GAF players Google Doc. Right now I only have 1 PSN friend and I'd like to change that and have some people to play this game with!

Do we know if there's going to be a soundtrack released for this game? I need to give Sakimoto and the Basiscape crew as much of my money as possible.

Laws00

I online pre-ordered, instore pick uped my game.
I'm wondering if I show up at 10 AM will they give me/sell me the game if i have proper ID and show them I have proof that I pre ordered it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Same, but the call said "[YOUR GAME] should be available Tuesday morning".

lolol
Same here, yet I could've sworn they actually said "Shin Megami Tensei IV" when they called me to tell me about that. Weird. Oh well, can't wait to get my Vita version & play it while I wait

Kinda tempted to pick this up tomorrow just to spite the beta-male white knights, but with so many games coming around the corner (late August through November is going to be hell) , I'm not sure if I can pull the trigger, especially for $50.

Give

Neo Member
I couldn't resist, put my order in today! I'll be going through adding people on the doc since real friends are nonexistent :(

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
people who've played it - who is harder/more frantic in combat? elf or amazon?

Kinda tempted to pick this up tomorrow just to spite the beta-male white knights, but with so many games coming around the corner (late August through November is going to be hell) , I'm not sure if I can pull the trigger, especially for $50.

you'll go far here, kid

Abylim

Screw it, I'm buying this tomorrow from US PSN. Dont like waiting, dont know when the AU version is coming out.
I cant wait

maomaoIYP

people who've played it - who is harder/more frantic in combat? elf or amazon?

The answer for harder is always Elf. Amazon is a dps monster.
Playing as an Elf you will learn to hate: anything that flies, anything that knocks you down guaranteed in a single hit (crossbow fuckers I'm looking at you), anything that resists stun.

Usobuko

Banned
I know it's been mentioned casually before, but I figured I'd post this here

Don't have to worry about sales, it's going to be one of Atlus / Vanillaware best selling titles in America. The kotaku controversy helped, the game has been tracking frequently on the list for quite some time since then.

Preordered it for VIta...but man...really thinking about picking this up for PS3. Play on the train then continue on the flat screen.... *drool*

The answer for harder is always Elf. Amazon is a dps monster.
Playing as an Elf you will learn to hate: anything that flies, anything that knocks you down guaranteed in a single hit (crossbow fuckers I'm looking at you), anything that resists stun.

Sound like you're having a bad time with her =), but that's what will make the game more awesome. I'm gonna play her and Amazon next once my Wizard reaches 99 (Still a long way to go though).

Ordered from best buy last night? Silver member, free expedited shipping it will be here tomorrow. I can't believe this. Im GEEKED! Feels like I wasted my money on Prime, since it seems to get stingier and more lenient on the 2 days each year

maomaoIYP

Sound like you're having a bad time with her =), but that's what will make the game more awesome. I'm gonna play her and Amazon next once my Wizard reaches 99 (Still a long way to go though).

Elf starts out very rough. The amount of actual skill required to play her effectively is the highest amongst all the characters. By level 35 I did get considerably powerful though.
The key to playing Elf is: 1) always end a combo with some sort of bow attack, 2) bow attacks that end with the arrow on the ground is almost always better, 3) both dash kick and dash bow attack are great and 4) evasion is your best friend.

Top Bottom