• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

If there's anyone in the New Orleans area, the Marrero Gamestop on Barataria still had 2 extra copies of the art book just before close of business last night :p

They should open at 10am.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm at the first mission involving runes. How far away am I from accessing on-line co-op?

Having fun so far. Rocking the Sorceress, though I feel like I might be wasting Skill Points. I probably should have had a plan in mind going into it.

Will use my first post to say this game is quite fun and satisfying to play. I've only gotten to the fourth dungeon, but so far I'm having a blast. I may be a bit biased being a fan of RPGs, so apologies if I appear to be gushing.

This is coming from someone who could never get into the beat 'em up genre, but the gameplay is incredibly addicting and challenging. I say challenging because if you go in spamming attacks and don't ever go on the defense, you're going to get put in your place as soon as you fight the first boss. I'm digging how the skills you choose effect performance in combat and, when combined with the loot you receive after the level, truly gives you the "I feel like I'm progressing" feeling. And the visuals.... man. The superb smoothness of the animations paired with the art direction of this game is definitely a spectacle to behold. I like the music too, gives the game a sorta Celtic aura and feels genuine.

I feel Vanillaware could have done a bit of tweaking with the narration, though. It's a bit annoying every time you come out of a shop to hear what the next step is to progress the game. Also if you repeat dungeons, he'll repeat the same thing as if it were your first time venturing through. Other than that though, I don't have any other complaints. I'd firmly recommend people who want to have good old fashioned fun to pick it up and give it a shot.

#TeamHometown

Dug into this game proper last night. Played a little of the knight, amazon, and sorc, and then played a lot of the wizard. Overall, I absolutely love the game. I'm definitely going into it grind heavy though, until i am S class across the board for gear (which is probably stupid since you seem to outlevel equipment really fast). I feel they really loaded up the square button for no good reason, and hate the "hold square to dash" thing, but otherwise the controls feel great. Not sure how i feel about additional spells coming as items in an already limited inventory. Really stinks not being able to change equipment mid-level too. I'd love to be able to switch between fire/ice/lightning rods on the fly. .

you can double tap the direction for dash. I'm using dpad for movement. As for equipment change, I believe you can. Put multiple weapons on but only equip 1. In a dungeon, you can use left/right on your iventory (dpad or left stick depending on which one is movement) and you can equip the other weapon by scrolling to it and pressing a button, not sure which one.

QP3

you can double tap the direction for dash. I'm using dpad for movement. As for equipment change, I believe you can. Put multiple weapons on but only equip 1. In a dungeon, you can use left/right on your iventory (dpad or left stick depending on which one is movement) and you can equip the other weapon by scrolling to it and pressing a button, not sure which one.

Just press down to use.

Usobuko

Banned
I'm at the first mission involving runes. How far away am I from accessing on-line co-op?

Having fun so far. Rocking the Sorceress, though I feel like I might be wasting Skill Points. I probably should have had a plan in mind going into it.

You might want to check this website out if you haven't noticed. Eventually, skills can easily scaled to requiring 4-5 skill points for the next level.

Needlessly to say, I have a build for my Amazon in mind.

Nymphae

Banned
You can double tap for dash. Of course this would be awkward if you're using stick for movement but I'm using dpad

Double tapping to dash is incredibly spotty with the analog, I tried it for like 5 min straight and assumed it simply wasn't a feature, but occasionally it would work while I was fighting.

QP3

Defeat it at that specific dungeon, then it will allow you to ride by simply pressing triangle.

Thats what I thought, but when the sabertooth looking guy comes and I defeat him, he just lies there and then disappears. No opportunity to ride.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Hav any fellow europeans having ordered the game on videogamesplus.ca already received the game? Can't wait to play this!

Usobuko

Banned
Thats what I thought, but when the sabertooth looking guy comes and I defeat him, he just lies there and then disappears. No opportunity to ride.

I find it weird too, sometimes it happens to me. I think you'll get another shot further in the dungeon maybe in one of the rooms. This time riding the dino.

So I'm playing offline as a Fighter, rolling with a Wizard, Sorceress and a Dwarf. Can't help but think that they are having more fun than I am each time haha. Can't wait to get after those magic users.

Qvoth

yeah, i'm thinking it's a random chance to ride after it gets knocked down or something
anyway after him there's a dragolisk you can ride in the same stage, if you still fail just do the stage again

QP3

I find it weird too, sometimes it happens to me. I think you'll get another shot further in the dungeon maybe in one of the rooms. This time riding the dino.

Haha, yeah, first time I anded up riding the dino somehow but the only beast left to kill was the boss, so I'd have to do the dungeon 10x :(

Bombless

The wizard seems restrained compared to the other members on my team. Almost like he doesn't want to get his hands dirty.

This is why.
IpKmFY8.jpg

The same thing happens to me, but if you keep going in the dungeon you can mount a fire breathing raptor and get some kills that way for the quest. I was assuming that it was because only certain characters can ride the saber mounts, and the others ride the raptors. I could be wrong on that, though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
how does the ng+ work? do we keep all our stats and move forward in diffiulty?

You might want to check this website out if you haven't noticed. Eventually, skills can easily scaled to requiring 4-5 skill points for the next level.

Needlessly to say, I have a build for my Amazon in mind.

is there an english version of that site?

tryin to get my elf on

Double tapping to dash is incredibly spotty with the analog, I tried it for like 5 min straight and assumed it simply wasn't a feature, but occasionally it would work while I was fighting.

Can't you just hold down square to dash? That's what I was doing last night.

dwix

Finally got to play this morning, and I'm digging the Wizard so far. I'm definitely going to have to get better at managing my mana consumption, teleport is just so damn useful! I also tried the Amazon, but I didn't really enjoy her combat style. I'll probably come back to her after I get more familiar with the game.

Usobuko

Banned
is there an english version of that site?

tryin to get my elf on

Not to my knowledge, the translation isn't too shabby. Anyway I thought the most important knowledge is the skill points needed for each level so you can plan your build well. As for the descriptions, you might have to register them mentally before hitting the site :p

RS4-

so if I join up with a friend, the host is the one in charge of what quests and what areas we go to? If I complete a side quest with him that I have yet to do on my game, do I get credit on my file as well or just mere spoils and xp?

Yeah curious about the same thing

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

I honestly wish this was taken out. There are too many things assigned to the Square button for the Sorceress. There's not enough distinction between run and charge MP. Double tapping is a non-issue with d-pad controls.

Marvelous

Anyone got any tips for the
Hellhounds side quest
?
Should I go at it solo and
not activate the Golem
? I'm trying to do the side quests before advancing to the next dungeon, haha. Reached level 18 last night. ^^;;

orion434

Quick beginning question:

I saved Lucian and was given an option to ask about Runes or Wallace... I chose to ask about Wallace, when can I access Runes? Did I choose wrong?

Nymphae

Banned

Yes, but that gets annoying as it always ends in an attack (unless you recenter the stick before releasing square...ugh.), and as others have mentioned, square is already overloaded.

I'm going to ask this again because it got buried earlier - how can I delete characters I've revived at the temple? I want to solo but everybody I've revived always comes to dungeons with me, whether I add them to my party or not. I tried leaving them dead in a dungeon but they are always in my party list at the tavern.

Usobuko

Banned
Anyone got any tips for the
Hellhounds side quest
?
Should I go at it solo and
not activate the Golem
? I'm trying to do the side quests before advancing to the next dungeon, haha. Reached level 18 last night. ^^;;

I did activated the thing. I ran front and back to be the first to reach these creatures, repeatedly. I actually have a party with me and the Wiz/Sorc are annoying with their long range spells killing them almost instantly.

Yes, but that gets annoying as it always ends in an attack (unless you recenter the stick before releasing square...ugh.), and as others have mentioned, square is already overloaded.

I'm going to ask this again because it got buried earlier - how can I delete characters I've revived at the temple? I want to solo but everybody I've revived always comes to dungeons with me, whether I add them to my party or not. I tried leaving them dead in a dungeon but they are always in my party list at the tavern.

go to the tavern and highlight them from your pool as if you are adding them to the party, but there's a button you can press to part ways instead. The top right of the screen tells you which button it is, I can't remember off the top of my head

Raist

Banned
Yay, managed to get it form the US PSN (since it looks like it doesn't even have a solid release date for EU).

Back when I lived in France I had a US PSN account and could use my CC just fine to buy stuff from it. Now living in the UK, that doesn't work anymore (HSBC apparently running a lot more checks such as matching billing address info and additional password confirmation check - maybe things changed on the PSN side as well).

So here's the trick for people who can't buy stuff on the US store: Just use Amazon!

Create an account on amazon.com with a dummy (but real - e.g hotel or something) address. Keep in mind that some states have taxes even on digital stuff, so pick something like Alaska. Amazon somehow seems to completely bypass bank checks so buying a PSN card code should go through just fine. You get the redeem code immediatly after check-out.

And then just redeem that code from the US PSN store. IIRC it's rather easy to create a US account as long as you use a real address - it most likely doesn't matter if that address is different from the one you used for Amazon, as I'm fairly sure I didn't use that same address 7 years ago when I created a US PSN account :p

Anyway, that's kind of OT I guess, but since this game is quite popular and won't come out in the EU for a while I thought it'd be useful to post that info here.

oxKlkCb.jpg

What do the button indicators on my equipment mean?

you have those designated as hotkeys (up on your non-movement input plus the assigned face button). You can change this by pressing left/right. I prefer to set mine to items rather than equipment

Nymphae

Banned
go to the tavern and highlight them from your pool as if you are adding them to the party, but there's a button you can press to part ways instead. The top right of the screen tells you which button it is, I can't remember off the top of my head

Thanks, I'll have to look closer tonight. I was pretty sure I looked all over that screen for an option to get rid of them but wasn't having any luck.

Marvelous

I did activated the thing. I ran front and back to be the first to reach these creatures, repeatedly. I actually have a party with me and the Wiz/Sorc are annoying with their long range spells killing them almost instantly.

I guess I'm just having bad luck with the quest, then. If this keeps up, I'll reach level cap before unlocking online co-op. ._.;;

Stainless

I replayed a lower level dungeon with sorceress and elf companions and came across the dino and sabre, both just lying on the ground. I rode both- if your companion gets on a mount that you want to ride, click on them and they will dismount
I completely devastated the wyvern boss with the dino fireball attack

Qvoth

oxKlkCb.jpg

What do the button indicators on my equipment mean?

it has something to do with the shortcut setting, not too sure myself tbh
maybe pressing d-pads to access inventory and then press the assigned button for quick change?

Howdy DC playas~
Just asking but when i do quests from the guild and I complete them, must i venture to the end or can I just quit the level? Usually, I finish to the end so I dont loose all the precious spoils.

Andrew.

Banned

It's triangle, but when you give them the boot like that, arent they gone for good? I did that simply to exchange for a stronger Elf companion and the weaker one disappeared.

Bowler

Really sad that this game is going to be undersold. There is not ONE brick and mortar store that has this in a 200 mile radius of me. This includes 4 bestbuys, 6 walmarts, 3 targets, 3 kmarts, 3 sears, and 4 of 6 gamestops.

Wtf is going on with Altus, and/or national retailers?

so if I join up with a friend, the host is the one in charge of what quests and what areas we go to? If I complete a side quest with him that I have yet to do on my game, do I get credit on my file as well or just mere spoils and xp?

Not sure if it's the same thing, but the wife and I played this yesterday, with her character being the lead (local coop). When I loaded up my character this morning I was back at the beginning of the campaign.

QP3

you have those designated as hotkeys (up on your non-movement input plus the assigned face button). You can change this by pressing left/right. I prefer to set mine to items rather than equipment

Great, thank you. I think Ill put some potions and maybe an alternative weapon.

Top Bottom