• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

kyubajin

The last time I bought from them was a total clusterfuck. Mail lost my copy of Twisted Metal and it took a month and a half...

And now I'm stucked with this "pre-order processing" shit.

Oh, well...
That doesn't bode well :/ my pre-order changed to shipped 2-3 days ago...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Amazon - SnuSnu
Sorceress - Boobzilla
Fighter - Maximus
Dwarf - Thumper
Wizard - MagicMike
Elf - Katniss

There, so easy a caveman like me can do it

Took me 2 minutes to come up with the names

pariah164

Amazon - Fittoship
Sorceress - Angela
Fighter - Optimus
Dwarf - Gimli
Wizard - Henry
Elf - Alex

Yes, I have had these planned, in a notepad doc. since I reserved the game.

DR2K

Banned
Sorcerers day 1. I really like her look, very Jessica rabbit like. Plus her spell animations are beautiful.

Would it be breaking embargo by actually revealing when embargo is lifted? Because I'm reviewing the game o_o

Well, considering IGN has announced their review is coming out tomorrow, along with them doing a 2 hour stream, I think it's safe to say we know the embargo is lifted tomorrow, the 31st.

RangerBAD

its-happening-ron-paul-gif.gif

Caerith

I'm naming my Sorceress as Odette, partly because it sounds like the feminine of Odin. Odin, as you know, had two ravens who he sent before him to bring back information. The Sorceress also sends two messengers before her:
jAh3kPSymALbc_e.jpg

I imagine they're named Hugin and Munin.

Oh and also Odin Sphere reference.

Alternately:

Sorceress - Yuria
Amazon - Miralda
Fighter - Biorr
Wizard - Freke
Elf - Ciaran

Wynnebeck

Banned
Sorceress - Pamela
Amazon - Hancock
Fighter - Arthur
Wizard - Negi
Elf - Lyralei
Dwarf - Jimmy

Have fun with those. lol

PSN ID - renewman1

Moofers

Yes, it would. But I can do it for you. :p

Reviews are gonna start showing up tomorrow, people. HOLD ON TO YOUR BUTTS.

Hey can you tell me if the Vita version will support custom soundtracks? For example, starting up music in the dashboard, then loading the game as the music plays on?

Caerith

I think later this week? Not sure. :(

Great job on the OT, btw. Maybe you should PM me with your email address.
Well, I think I got most of the info that's on the JP website into the OT.

Thanks, by the way. It's my first OT so I'm glad people seem pleased with it.

Paches

I updated the OP with this, based on what I've seen from googling around:

Download Size:: 1582MB (PS3), 1133MB (PSV)

If these sizes are inaccurate, then please please please let me know so I can update the OP with the correct info.

Excellent! That is a good size for my hard drive budget :)

Velcro Fly

Definitely one of the games I'm looking forward to playing. Just hope a 15-20 hour game of this type doesn't get boring with enemy variety and locations and such. A ton of potential though.

Bombless

A bit late to the OT party but great work Caerith! Got the email from VGP on Monday, curious to see how long it takes to get to Belgium.

For those of you that didn't visit the import impressions thread.

It took me about 3 1/2 hours to unlock multiplayer. I played some side quests, did the main story, definitely didn't rush.

The game is a blast but not without issues. Some folks might not dig the way loot drops, and like many games grinding can be done to beat bosses you can't kill through pure skill.

The game is repetitive, but not in the same way that other VW games are. The stages all look great and have A/B paths that are different from one another. You'll just be running those stages a lot to get new loot/do sidequests/higher difficulties.

Combat is stronger than pretty much every other VW game, mostly as a result of taking what worked in Capcom's D&D games and running with it.

I'm enjoying it a lot though, especially for pick up and play sessions.

I'd personally recommend going with the Vita version. Slow down can be a bit annoying, but the better controls and easy to pick up nature make it worth the sacrifice.

I'm one of those people who doesn't have much in the way of creativity when to naming characters. In Mystara I just use the default name button lol. I better think of something before the game launches.

You mean the touch controls or is there a general superiority in the Vita controls?

The touch controls. The Vita version lets you use the right stick to select things like the PS3, and after trying it for a while, I can with confidence say that it sucks balls.

Touch is the faster, better way of opening chests, doors, tapping certain items in the background. Using the stick is slow and clumsy and fucks up the pacing when you're trying to move forward.

I should also add that I think the locations are much more varied in DC than Muramasa, part of the reason being that it's split into small levels, so themes and such are confined to certain stages. You're always moving forward, so if you see the same vista again it's because you're running a stage to get something you missed/grind/or a side quest.

chrono01

The names for my three main characters will be:

Fighter - Chrono/Chrom
Wizard - Magus/Ragna
Elf - Marle/Alleyne

I have two listed for each since I'm not entirely sure if I'll go the "Chrono Trigger route" or not. I am tempted to, though...

As for original names...I'm not creative enough for that!

Paches

Mind you, those are the sizes for the JP version according to a post I read earlier in this thread (for PS3) and some post on gamefaqs I googled across (for PSV), so it could be more or less.

I can't imagine the difference will be too gigantic.

matmanx1

Wow, what a fantastic OT! Seriously great job. I'm in for the Vita version as I just spend far more time on my Vita than anything else these days.

Can't wait until Tuesday!

Caerith

I'm one of those people who doesn't have much in the way of creativity when to naming characters. In Mystara I just use the default name button lol. I better think of something before the game launches.
Just pick a theme and run with it.

Sorceress - Mitsuru
Dwarf - Akihiko
Fighter - Junpei
Wizard - Ken
Elf - Yukari
Amazon - Metis

Or:
Fighter - Conan
Dwarf - Crom
Amazon - Sonja
Elf - Valeria
Sorceress - Zenobia
Wizard - Thoth-Amon

Just pick a theme and run with it.

Sorceress - Mitsuru
Dwarf - Akihiko
Fighter - Junpei
Wizard - Ken
Elf - Yukari
Amazon - Metis

If I can't think of anything better I'll probably run with this

though I think I'll have to change the Wizard name though, not too fond of Ken lol

kyubajin

Damn, have tried avoiding any spoilers whatsoever and went and checked the official website... dem videos! Hype train unstoppable now!

Also, can anyone confirm if the North American PSN release of Odin Sphere has the game-breaking slowdowns? Wanna have my Vanillaware fix somehow. Also, heed my prayers Kamitani and release Muramasa Rebirth for PS3!

Top Bottom