• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Deitus

I'm currently on honeymoon in Toronto from the UK but could not find a copy of this for Vita anywhere today. Undershipped or just more popular than expected?

I guess both. Atlus tends to do a small first shipment for all of their games to keep overhead costs low. I don't support the practice of pre-ordering in general, but always preorder Atlus games.

But from what I hear, this game is selling quite well also.

RS4-

I'm currently on honeymoon in Toronto from the UK but could not find a copy of this for Vita anywhere today. Undershipped or just more popular than expected?

Where are you and how long are you around. I can sell you my Vita version, still sealed; decided to only play on PS3. If you're interested, just send me a pm

Avallon

Can you import vita characters to a friend's ps3 version and make progress that you can save back to your vita version?

QP3

Do I need to pick up every accessory and coin for the score bonus, or will the loot guy get it all?

Any dwarves going with a Lethal Fist/ Grand Smash combo?

Finalow

wait, since the only way to get a good maxed chara at level 99 is to finish all the quests (and get all the skill points) am I supposed to do those 50 quests with every chara?
I seriously hope not.

I've played the cooking mini game three times and have no idea what the hell is going on. I try to drag food into the pans but that only works half the time. Then I click the icons when the foods cooking but that doesn't seem to do anything. At the end of the game I don't get any bonus's. None of my team mates got any either so I guess they are in the dark too.

Mupod

I've played the cooking mini game three times and have no idea what the hell is going on. I try to drag food into the pans but that only works half the time. Then I click the icons when the foods cooking but that doesn't seem to do anything. At the end of the game I don't get any bonus's. None of my team mates got any either so I guess they are in the dark too.

Click food (don't hold and drag) to pick it up, move it to a pan/pot/whatever. You can sometimes throw more than one thing on, like the bottle of oil with some meat etc. If you're in a party just focus on your own stuff, the left icon on the pan/pot makes the food cook longer without burning and the right icon turns your cursor into a ladle. You move the ladle to your bowl, dump the food in and then mash X fast to eat it.

Near as I can tell the main purpose of keeping food cooking (the left icon) is when you're solo, since the AI doesn't cook for itself. So you can manage multiple pots without burning anything. You have to serve them yourself too so it gets pretty frantic.

MooMoo

Don't drag. Everything is taps, or clicks if your using thumbstick+buttons. Click on food to select it, click on a pot to put it in, click on pot again to let the stir(left)/remove (right) icons show up. If you select stir, it obviously stirs and you have to give it a sec or two to do that. If you select remove, then your next action is to click on the food pan in the bottom left hand corner. Then tap the food pan like crazy to eat it as fast as possible. I tried dragging at first too cause that made more sense/felt more natural but every move is tap/click-focused.

Note that you can add condiments to pots (like salt, potion, etc.) to give you more points/better bonuses (?).

Edit: Also if you try to multitask and cook all 4 pots at once, if your timing sucks the food will overcook and your bonuses will be significant reduced.

Jarsonot

From what I understand you:

Click the food
Click the pot
This will bring up two bubbles
Click the left bubble to stir
Click the right bubble to ladle it up
Followed immediately by clicking your plate
Click furiously on your plate to eat it

You can also add salt, or the potion. Not sure how long to cook, or how many times to stir, and you can have multiple pots going.

And that's what I've gleaned for myself so far. =)

Edit: beat like an egg

Stantron

I seriously hate how a lot of games refuse to use commas on big numbers.
So much easier to read 53,167,831,348 rather than 53167831348.

RS4-

edit - beaten.

If you leave food too long in the pot, it'll burn iirc.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, now that I'm just trying to do quests, it's kind of annoying how they didn't add some kind of player browser. That's assuming you can even do the quests at all. I mean, some of them are meant to be solo'ed, but things like defeat the Vampires in 2 minutes or whatever... I mean, no one even selects route A on higher levels, so you'll never get it.

It'd help if the quests were just automatic and you could take all of them, but what can ya do I suppose.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What's with bitches online stealing mah food? C'mon, son. Make your own dinner.

I just joined a game right before the boss and went into the cooking segment thinking I was still player 1.

Cooked this dude up the nicest platter ever lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Shit this is getting too addictive. I have like 5 bags now and I can use the same bag for 2-3 dungeons. Getting like 3 million exp and like 25+ S rank items per run now ; _ ;

It's like gacha games.

ooh man that area with the pirates....when you summon the genie soooo much shit on screen at once........

That fight is hilarious. With 3 A.I. party members, I just hang on to the lamp and have the genie do his attacks and run around the stage. Don't even have to attack on my own.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Shit this is getting too addictive. I have like 5 bags now and I can use the same bag for 2-3 dungeons. Getting like 3 million exp and like 25+ S rank items per run now ; _ ;

It's like gacha games.

After appraising everything, some new weapon / equipment stats I found / haven't yet seen:

+15%HP on stage transition
Recover 3HP when picking up coins (kind of like that common skill I suppose)
Obtain score 28% of coins obtained (similar to above)
LUC / 15 chance to null damage taken

Ahhhhh loot.

Sallokin

God even the idle animations are so well done. The Sorceress taking off her hat and twirling it and the Elf having the little squirrels running around her head + arms make me grin every time.

Even little details like how the Elf's ear twitches when you stand still for a second are amazing.

I also really enjoy how the food menu seems to represent which bosses you've beaten recently. For example (Boss Spoiler)
after beating the Kraken and the Killer Rabbit there were tenticles and a strung up rabbit available at the camp

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
OST needs to come out. The more calm theme that plays at certain times (specifically while cooking) is really good.

Well this is a first in my 20 years going to Funcoland/EB/Gamestop!

Went to a Gamestop today & they were all sold out of Dragon's Crown.

Went to another Gamestop & they said the only copies they have are from the people who pre-ordered it.

Sold out of a regular edition game, never thought I'd see the day.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
So I've played about 5 matches online (I'm on the Vita) and I'm kinda surprised not many people are using their mics. All vita's have a mic on them, so I thought people would just use it since it's their.

I personally don't use my mic either, so I guess I can't complain.

Well I can understand... personally hate talking to strangers by voice, mic is for friends only. Rest its chat...

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Well this is a first in my 20 years going to Funcoland/EB/Gamestop!

Went to a Gamestop today & they were all sold out of Dragon's Crown.

Went to another Gamestop & they said the only copies they have are from the people who pre-ordered it.

Sold out of a regular edition game, never thought I'd see the day.

Its a solid game, by time we had our killer app... YES that's what I'm calling it ;)!

Does the difficulty/number of enemies scale with the number of players? 4 heroes on screen gets a little too cluttered for my taste. I'd rather play with 2-3, but not if it's going to make the game harder.

I'm really interested in picking up Dragon's Crown. Should I show my Vita some love, or is it definitively better on PS3?

I would agree with Vita mostly because touching the treasure chests and other things is easier then using a cursor. Also the game just looks really good on the Vita, and it is really nice to have it portable.

As long as you don't mind framerate issues (it only happens when things get hectic on screen, so not a lot) I say go for it.

Beat up a villager, knocking over his bushel of apples. Watch him gather up each one individually, then repeat, get arrested, spend night in jail. I love this game.

So I hope to play more tonight, but last night I played a short while. When creating my character I customized a phrase... I think it was the last one... Anyway, does the game say this phrase? Or does it just appear on screen?

So I hope to play more tonight, but last night I played a short while. When creating my character I customized a phrase... I think it was the last one... Anyway, does the game say this phrase? Or does it just appear on screen?

It just appears but only online.
I really like the creative one's people make that make's me laugh. My introduction is "(Insert Guile's Theme) Yeah!"

Lol, I got 2 friend requests because people thought I was awesome for that :)

Top Bottom