• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Finalow

What do you mean, supposed to?
I mean if I have to do all the quests again with another character to get all those skill points.

anyway lol, already got 3 game over vs the final boss. 12-13 AI characters are just gone :(, rip. can you play online in that stage? It seems that you can't.

Ken

Before I forget to ask; how does the health potion shortcut thing work? I think I set it to triangle so does this mean that when I press triangle I use one? Is there any animation for it?

Andrew.

Banned
I find the thief babble a bit more annoying than the narrator I think. Gonna start yelling "It's Reyn time" at the screen soon.

522883223_1537991_george_takei_oh_my_super_xlarge.png

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Before I forget to ask; how does the health potion shortcut thing work? I think I set it to triangle so does this mean that when I press triangle I use one? Is there any animation for it?

You press up on the dpad (or stick if you changed it) to open the shortcut menu, the press the assigned button.

GorillaJu

Started with Dwarf then switched to Amazon and I like her a lot.

I've found starting with a smash, then building berserker damage unarmed gets it up pretty quickly.

HORRORSHØW

Press up on the D-pad to use shortcuts. So, if you set the potion to triangle, first press up then press triangle.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Can you backstab M
edusa
? Seeing as she's in the background facing forward, I mean.

Naw. It sits in a weird spot. Biggest (and only) drawback to the dagger is that you can't use it in the air.

Did pad all last night, but settling into analog tonight. Pad control feels better, dashing is a lot more natural, but every time I use the right stick to click shit I instinctively reach for the left to move again, and I kept wasting potions...

Sanctuary

I just learned two things that would have made my previous games much simpler, especially for the Wizard:

1. You can put multiple rods (and I'm assuming this works for any class/weapon type) in the same bag. Initially I thought it was just telling me that I couldn't put another rod in the bag since I had one equipped.

2. That you could actually equip them at any point, not just inside town or when the game gives you the option to pick which gear you want before continuing.

This means you can cover all enemy weaknesses as long as you have three rods that are around the same damage levels.

Such a derpy thing to realize after 20+ hours.

oh, you're getting info from some pr0 JP player videos. tell me more.
I'm going to level up extinction but not sure what else, levitation for the 50% maybe? Thunderbolt seems shitty as meteor storm.

I thought Meteor sucked as well, due to it's horrendous casting time. But for bosses, I'd think a high level Slow and a high level Meteor would actually work wonders. Not so great for trash though. Possibly max out Extinction, Slow and Meteor. Extinction for trash, Meteor+Slow for bosses. Or just stick with Flame Burst.

Levitate is probably one of the best skills you can get too. As the other poster said, jump and either just spam your basic circle attack on your way down for single target, or charge it for multiple enemies.

ToyBroker

Banned
This game is way more enjoyable when you don't have a crappy AI coming in and stinking up the place--which in turn raises the HP of all the mobs.

Me and my little bro wanted to take a quick break from Xillia to try Dragon's Crown... now we're wondering when we'll get back to playing Xillia @_@

I chose Dwarf and he chose Elf, having fun so far. Dwarf kicks ass! Suggested builds?

Teknoman

Hmm, how do you find out enemy weaknesses? Tapping/putting the cursor on them?

Also I like the lightning ring so much more than ice. Who thought one small ice block where you are standing was a good idea?

Sanctuary

Hmm, how do you find out enemy weaknesses? Tapping/putting the cursor on them?

Also I like the lightning ring so much more than ice. Who thought one small ice block where you are standing was a good idea?

Weaknesses:
"Humanoid" are weak to lightning.
"Undead" as well as some "Natural" (esp wood) are weak against fire.
"Draconic and Demon" are weak vs Ice.

The ice ring does a shitton of damage though. It's for when you're surrounded.

I just picked up before I went to work two talismans that one made me immune to fire and the second one immune to petrification. I destroyed
Medusa

Kurod

Banned
I just got done with a nice session of continuous dungeon crawling. At the end I had gained five levels, three talismans, over sixty thousand gold, and S rank gear coming out the wazoo. A good night's haul.

In limited time, level 14 at 6 hours, then online unlocked. I've had multiple people join me and I did the Pirate quest twice. Gotta start on this Talisman mission or adventure.

Grisby

Ha, coming up on 8 hours and I still haven't unlocked online. However, I have done every quest before moving on to the main one and I;ve done some areas over just for the fun of it.

Playing the Elf is still pretty challenging but when you get into a good groove it's really awesome. Flipping in the air and raining arrows from above is fun stuff.

I just tried the Fighter out and I don't think I can stick with him. He's just a little... too easy to be. I kinda want a challenge when playing the game like I had with my Wizard, but with the Fighter I was just mowing down every enemy in my way and haven't died once.

I might go Amazon or Dwarf next instead. I heard they're a little bit more difficult to play with without messing with the difficulty level in the game. I'm trying to play as a melee this time around so Sorceress and Elf aren't on my list to play for now.

Top Bottom