• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Ken

When you first unlock the ability, you click on two runes on the screen, then click on the green stone in the interface.

Later on you have runes in your inventory that you buy.

I think I did that but nothing happened. I was in the Pirate Cove stage when I walked past what I thought was a door. Clicked on it then the rune thing came up; wasn't really sure what to do (it was telling me to move right stick and press circle?). Clicked the green stone and it vanished but nothing happened.

Teknoman

Weaknesses:
"Humanoid" are weak to lightning.
"Undead" as well as some "Natural" (esp wood) are weak against fire.
"Draconic and Demon" are weak vs Ice.

The ice ring does a shitton of damage though. It's for when you're surrounded.

Ah cool, thanks for the heads up.

Kurod

Banned
I think I did that but nothing happened. I was in the Pirate Cove stage when I walked past what I thought was a door. Clicked on it then the rune thing came up; wasn't really sure what to do (it was telling me to move right stick and press circle?). Clicked the green stone and it vanished but nothing happened.

That one requires you also have purchased the "A" rune. So you'll click on it then the two runes in your inventory "S" which is green and "A" which is blue.

I'm 6 hours in, and DAMN..this game is gorgeous!

Playing as a Sorceress, and it feels that I am the lackey to my AI companions instead. I end up assisting them instead of them assisting me. LOL

Giolon

What? 8hrs in and online still locked?

Ha, coming up on 8 hours and I still haven't unlocked online. However, I have done every quest before moving on to the main one and I;ve done some areas over just for the fun of it.

Playing the Elf is still pretty challenging but when you get into a good groove it's really awesome. Flipping in the air and raining arrows from above is fun stuff.

It seems to be taking most people 5-6 to unlock, so I don't know what you all are doing.

Basically, you'll unlock MP after completing
chapters so to speak. You ca verify the number based on the guild quests you have completed (assuming you've done them all).

It seems to be taking most people 5-6 to unlock, so I don't know what you all are doing.

Basically, you'll unlock MP after completing
chapters so to speak. You ca verify the number based on the guild quests you have completed (assuming you've done them all).

It took me 9h =P. Well that's my fault for running around admiring everything =D.

ToyBroker

Banned
Swapped over from Dwarf to Amazon.

Still having a blast.

And the Gazer boss was JUST as hard second time around. Even more so since I haven't full grasped my Amazon yet.

Shits like impossible to not die during that fight.

Kurod

Banned
I feel so silly for not realizing right away that I can avoid being turned to stone by simply facing away from Medusa when she uses her petrification attack. It's like when it finally clicked and I figured out I could cast against the gazer again by jumping behind him.

maomaoIYP

Anyone know how long Incite rage lasts? All the berserk skills are a little confusing.

It simply puts you into berserk mode for 30% health. It doesn't "last", unlike war paint or iron will.
Honestly speaking though, 30% is way too much in my opinion, and unless you have incite rage at level 3 I don't think it's worth it.
edit: Apparently the amount of health deducted increases with level. At level 2 it subtracts 50%. Maybe at level 3 it'll take 80 or 90%? Probably would work great with Adrenaline, but I'm not entirely sure I want to be walking around with no health left.

Tokubetsu

Can't stop playing. Nothing like 3 casters in a room. dropping air attacks on the same enemy while mashing square. Hilarious how long you can keep some of the higher hp enemies in the air if your team is willing to help you juggle.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can't stop playing. Nothing like 3 casters in a room. dropping air attacks on the same enemy while mashing square. Hilarious how long you can keep some of the higher hp enemies in the air if your team is willing to help you juggle.

Ice wand = the best
tornado = happiness

Can somebody explain to me the spell book deal with characters like the wizard? They can only be used a certain number of times right? Then poof gone? Is it not a waste of a skill point?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Can somebody explain to me the spell book deal with characters like the wizard? They can only be used a certain number of times right? Then poof gone? Is it not a waste of a skill point?
It restocks when you go back to town

It can feel pretty weak but tornado is so wonderful. Lightning staffs are cool but the MP drain is ridiculous.
Yeah it can feel weak, but I dont mind it as a sorc, my job isnt to kill so it helps with the support role a ton

Astarte

They can be used a certain number of times...per dungeon. It's not a waste of a skill point because it's not like the spell disappears forever after 3 uses.

Ohhh it restocks when you go back to town? Whoopsie

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Ok, refocused on my Dwarf to how I like to play him. Good god. He's like a flying power bomb, lightning striking machine.

1/9 talisman. Aqua by defeating the
Cyclopes
. Did it with an online crew and I was one of the last two standing. Didn't get the final blow, but still kicked ass on that b path.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ah thank you. Best way to select them I assume is with that d pad quick select thing? Kinda wish there was something less cumbersome, but thanks for the quick response!

On the equipment screen you press left or right over an equiped item to set a shortcut for it.

When that's done you press and hold up on whatever you have set for items and press the corresponding button

So you can have 4 spells set to up and the face buttons then a 5th spell set in the first slot for down

Ice wand = the best
tornado = happiness
My Sorceress experience went:
Wow ice sucks.
GODDAMN lightning is awesome and cool!
Where did my mana go?
Fire is a nice in-between.
Oh hey but ice freezes people.

Ice.

I have the damnedest time using spellbooks, though. Cycle through the menu, aim, tap down...the moment is gone!

1) Carried a crappy online crew through with my lvl 34 wizard. The level 22 fighter had the nerve to message me that "wizards are useless". I proceeded to let him get killed by the
killer rabbit

2) I wish I can tell every newbie to let the wizard get to the wood crates before they.....smash...into it...

3) The slow spell is so OP in term of some of the boss battles. Bosses like arch demon, Vampire or gazer pretty much don't even make a move.

4) Buy bags at the item shop and use them!!!

I had a pretty balanced online crew last night: me as a Dwarf with an Amazon, Fighter, and Elf. Gameplay was enjoyable, but we almost got massacred in a couple of B-path boss fights.

I earned one of the talismans in one boss fight, but failed to get one from the Chimera boss. We were real close to killing it, but it fell in lava.

The other players were, surprisingly, patient enough for me to search for hidden treasure or mess with some of those rune spells, especially since the ones I activated help out from time to time.

The cooking minigame was pretty fun, even though the process was a little confusing at first.

EDIT: Where can I find bags? I obviously need one or two in future treks.

Tokubetsu

My Sorceress experience went:
Wow ice sucks.
GODDAMN lightning is awesome and cool!
Where did my mana go?
Fire is a nice in-between.
Oh hey but ice freezes people.

Ice.

I have the damnedest time using spellbooks, though. Cycle through the menu, aim, tap down...the moment is gone!

Assign shortcuts.

People seem really terrible at the Temple B fight.

Kurod

Banned
It can feel pretty weak but tornado is so wonderful. Lightning staffs are cool but the MP drain is ridiculous.

I keep all three per bag at all times to take advantage of elemental weaknesses. Now of the three lightning is my favorite. Down circle will insta-stun most anything on the ground it hits allowing me to jab square and quickly replenish mana between my up circle attacks that flat out murder everything.

Stantron

Alright, here's a quick guide I made of a few key things to memorize which will make combining runes easier.

"K shape":
There is only one option. All you gotta do is "ASK".
Blue rune (looks like "A"), Green rune (looks like "S"), "K" shaped wall rune.

"W shape":
Only works with another wall rune + the green rune.
Depending on the wall rune, gives 2 spell options.

"F shape":
Only works with another wall rune + either the green or blue rune.
Depending on the wall rune, green gives 2 spell options, blue gives 3 spell options.

"O shape"
Will always require the green rune, so click that second.
Then add your first (yellow) rune for Sigil of Death spell.
Or add your last (blue) rune to open a hidden door.
Or spell out S-O-L which is another name for the sun, gives healing, makes sense.

"Letter A with peak facing right-ish":
You can combine with either the 1st and 3rd, or the 2nd and 4th runes.
Or you can "trap the g": Yellow rune and "g" shaped wall rune.
or think "Secret Service": green "S" rune and "S" shaped wall rune.

"Upside down V shape (balancing a stick on top)":
Think of the shape as a scale... Place an apple (Red rune) on the scale,
it will either tip to the left (yellow rune to immediate left)
or it will tip to the right (green rune to immediate right)
Or forget the apple, and grab a blueberry (blue rune) and plum ("P" shaped wall rune).

If you see both "c" and "g" shaped wall runes, think "Coin Geyser" and try to associate with the red rune.
If you see both "P" and "A" shaped wall runes, think "Pale Ale" and try to associate with the yellow rune.

Couch co-op in this game is incredibly addicting. Lucky to have a bro and cuzzin who are into this these types of games. They can level up other classes for me =p

Sanctuary

The game is fun, but it would have been even more fun had they actually allowed you to use R2 or L2 for the item shorcuts menu as well as using one of them for the "use" function for whatever you currently have in your item window. The way it's implemented now is garbage. You basically have to stand still to select items. It's not like the game doesn't have a surplus of unused buttons.

When I do cooking, my cursor is always going upwards to the top of the screen. This issue apparently isn't too uncommon, as I've seen a thread on Gamefaqs about it. Not sure what the deal is, but it makes cooking a huge pain in the ass. I can't accurately click anything.

When I do cooking, my cursor is always going upwards to the top of the screen. This issue apparently isn't too uncommon, as I've seen a thread on Gamefaqs about it. Not sure what the deal is, but it makes cooking a huge pain in the ass. I can't accurately click anything.
I just assumed the game has no deadzone in that section and my stick has a little drift that would otherwise be unnoticeable. I guess it's not an isolated case afterall, hopefully gets patched.

I just assumed the game has no deadzone in that section and my stick has a little drift that would otherwise be unnoticeable. I guess it's not an isolated case afterall, hopefully gets patched.

In my case, it goes upwards pretty hardcore. I have to time my button presses to get it to hit the right item, but there's a little delay so it's really hard to pull off!

Fistwell

Got my imported copy yesterday. Played for a bit with a knight and an elf, got them to the stables. The game is great fun, but I wish dungeons were longer. Like, a lot longer. Hoping that will improve later on.

Danneee

Jeebus, this game looks great!

Only problem is that it seems to hard to run. Double tapping and holding left or right only works sometimes. Anyone else gave this problem?

eXistor

Damn, the wait is killing me! I really should have arrived by now, but still nothing...It's been quite a while since I've been this hyped for a game actually.

Fistwell

Jeebus, this game looks great!

Only problem is that it seems to hard to run. Double tapping and holding left or right only works sometimes. Anyone else gave this problem?
The game looks mindnumbingly fantastic imo. I'm playing on vita, and it gets hard to parse what's happening on screen at times, but HOLEE GAWD does it look good.

The dble tap's been fairly reliable for me. You can always also just hold square + direction, although it adds an attack at the end when you release.

Top Bottom