• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

naib

After watching some of the streams and scanning some reviews I know I have to have this. But I know also know I have to buy the Vita version.

I'd rather have 1080p with no slowdown but I just don't want it on my big TV. I'm not bothered by the over-sexualized bits, but I have a kiddo running around. It's a pretty mature game.

That and my PS3 freezes on some random games.
Not all, but half the ones I love. :(

Vita version ahoy!

Just got my Vita copy in from Amazon. I put it in the Vita and it's not registering. It's not installing or anything. I tried putting in all my other games and the Vita reads them. Anybody have this happen to them with this game or any game? Kinda bummed

That happened to me exactly. I got it on Tuesday and when I placed it in the cartridge slot it didn't register but when I took it out and made sure I pressed it in with my finger nail all the way in, the light started flashing and it was all good. Try it like that, make sure it "clicks" all the way down. Good luck!

No Love

Banned
Dwarf is the exception to the rule on fighting with the weapon. Basically, you want to throw enemies and try to cluster them, then go for the Thor Smash (thats what i call Grand Smash). If you dont have a backup hammer to do it again, then its Dwarf beatdown time.

So, skills should reflect that playstyle: Upgrades to smash, throwing, unarmed, frenzy (combo), buffs (the magma ring skill), etc. And the occasional Eagle Dive with bombs upgrade to GTFO those "ain't nobody got time for that" situations.

Don't use Eagle Dive, it is a horrible trash skill. Everyone should AVOID it. It is worthless and makes controlled dives much harder.

That happened to me exactly. I got it on Tuesday and when I placed it in the cartridge slot it didn't register but when I took it out and made sure I pressed it in with my finger nail all the way in, the light started flashing and it was all good. Try it like that, make sure it "clicks" all the way down. Good luck!

So I just held it all the way down and it installed. But when I went to play it, it gave me the "Insert PS Vita card" message. It's not registering unless I hold it =( Looks like I'm going to have to return this. Thanks for the help though

EDIT: Now it's playing. Oy vey haha. Kind of nervous that it's just going to stop working randomly though.

So I just held it all the way down and it installed. But when I went to play it, it gave me the "Insert PS Vita card" message. It's not registering unless I hold it =( Looks like I'm going to have to return this. Thanks for the help though

EDIT: Now it's playing. Oy vey haha. Kind of nervous that it's just going to stop working randomly though.

That's good. Hopefully it holds up. Yeah, tell me about it. However, I keep thinking that if I take it out (I still need to finish P4G, on Magatsu Inaba) it'll give me trouble when I place it back in so I just leave it on standby for now and enjoy it. Anyway, get in there and start hacking away, it's been wonderful so far!

ToyBroker

Banned
Christ almighty, the 3-headed boss dude was giving me sooo much trouble (its also a big ass run back if you die).

I thought you had to knock out each head individually before you could do decent damage (which does seem to be the case when you knock em all out). The hitboxes for that fight are complete dogshit and all over the place too.

So pro-tip when you get to that fight, ignore all the heads except the Lion looking one and just whack on him. It might seem like you're not doing great damage, but a part of him will get torn off and the damage will start flowing.

ToyBroker

Banned
How else should I be dealing with air-borne enemies?

Before I swapped to Amazon, I did a power ground smash, then jumped straight in the air, grabbed one, and threw him into the other flying mobs (which knocks them all to the ground), double jump over, then downward chainsaw to the ground.

Then since they are all on the ground you're free to bare-fist them to death quickly.

"Because if so, this makes the game a better length than I originally thought. Makes it easier to flow through the game with friends. I'm sensing that once you get the hang of it, the game can take as long as mystara."

A little bit longer than Mystara, but yeah. When you know what you're doing, you can run through normal in about 3 hours, granted that's partially with overleveled AI, but AI is really kind of dumb.

Seik

Banned
Count me in, I just bought the game an hour ago, trying it later tonight.

Only looking at the box art hypes me up! :D

Well, I picked up my copy of the game and artbook. I would have liked to have tried this with my friends, but it looks like that's never going to happen. :\

Oh well, at least the artbook looks cool!

joe2187

Banned
Am I missing something?

My trophy info isnt syncing properly using the cross saves from the vita to the PS3. I got all the trophies showing up in the vita version, but not all of my trophies are showing up on the PS3 version.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Just opened up multiplayer, how much of the game is left storywise?

Also when I make a new character will I be able to restart the story as well or am I stuck in the pre-completed dungeons world of my first character?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Am I missing something?

My trophy info isnt syncing properly using the cross saves from the vita to the PS3. I got all the trophies showing up in the vita version, but not all of my trophies are showing up on the PS3 version.

I had the same realization. Its cross-save, not cross-achievement. You'll see gallery related achievements and the like show up, but gameplay ones.... naw.

Ultimadrago

Also when I make a new character will I be able to restart the story as well or am I stuck in the pre-completed dungeons world of my first character?

If you make a new character and they're player 1, they will restart the story. Your other character will still have their progress personally saved, of course.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I wish I could figure out why I'm not enjoying this. By all accounts, it seems like it should be one of my favorite games of all time, but when I play it, I just feel kinda..."meh". And, like...I can't even pick out anything I don't particularly like about the game. I legitimately can't figure out why I'm not loving it. =/

maomaoIYP

Apparently, the mermaid lost her bra running away from the

Did you click on Roland? There's a hilarious reference there!
How else should I be dealing with air-borne enemies?

The Dwarf has the single best anti air move, it's his air throw. Jump then up + square. The hit box is huge. You'll never feel the pain that other characters have when there are 8 demons in the room.

ToyBroker

Banned
Le sigh.

The final boss is kicking my butthole.

Anyone on that's high-level that can come help me quickly burn this dude down?

Just tried solo and with a 4-group AI party. The 4 group went a little better but once you run out of lives it's game-over and gotta restart.

maomaoIYP

Le sigh.

Just tried solo and with a 4-group AI party. The 4 group went a little better but once you run out of lives it's game-over and gotta restart.

What character are you playing as? I've done them all with no problems, evade is your friend.

HORRORSHØW

Le sigh.

The 60 second defense potions were a godsend during the final battle.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have recommended spells for the sorceress? So far I've just invested points in the ice cage and blizzard paths, along with the standard non-mp skills like raise skeleton and float.

Do you ever get more than 1 skill point per level up eventually?

ToyBroker

Banned
Do you have war paint? Or incite rage? All you need to do is stay in the center and 4 hit combo followed by brandish.

Ya, rocking warpaint quite heavily.

Just got him to ~8% or so with 1 AI partner...gonna rock with just solo now that I'm more comfortable. Going for my 4th try.

Grimløck;75635439 said:
The 60 second defense potions were a godsend during the final battle.

Yeah I've been rocking those too for sure.

No Love

Banned
Anyone have recommended spells for the sorceress? So far I've just invested points in the ice cage and blizzard paths, along with the standard non-mp skills like raise skeleton and float.

Every quest you do gives you 1 additional skill. Go do some quests!

ToyBroker

Banned
Got em....and I didn't even die.

I kept forgetting to do the invincibility spins after my 4-hit combos...LOL.

Those hits from that spin are fucking deadly after a combo. Like 1.8K hits.

EDIT: Those tasty ass 9X S ranked treasures. Yummy.

Just picked this up today. Played up to level 11 with a Wizard.

Is the game supposed to be this easy? I have absolutely trounced everything in my path so far using 3 AI teammates.

Is there a risk/reward mechanic in place if you take less teammates with you, such as getting more XP and gold?

Gold also seems pretty useless... I only need to spend it on repairs and resurrecting higher level teammates...

I thought the same, now the stables have opened up & I can c all the flaws wit my character build... this game gives u a false sense of security thru 9 levels.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier

Ice
blizzard
protect
stonedrop
food

Marvelous

Damn right you gotta.

You gotta get all those skill points, playa!

BTW: When can I respec?

But... but I just wanna party!! D:

I think you need a certain item to be able to respec. I believe the item drops in the
Chaos Labyrinth.
I have yet to do that place.

JokerAceX

ok finally unlocked B routes and online, so how often does the cooking mini-game come up in between dungeons?

does anyone wanna party up lvl 23 dwarf....i'm already on the gaf player list.

matmanx1

So is there a better standard AE move with the Wizard than using a Light Staff and levitating with Down + Circle? Because at level 2 levitate that move just causes all kinds of destruction.

The whirlwind on the Ice Staff is nice also but it doesn't get the levitate damage bonus nor does the fire pillar on the Flame Staff.

Pretty much. AI partners are gonna be pretty important to have around for a while.

I've made it this far soloing, I'm not about to join a party for the last boss.

Huh, thought I hit post . . . oh well.

Beaten! Feels good. Now I can hop online I guess

E: I guess I did hit post, lol.

I've made it this far soloing, I'm not about to join a party for the last boss.

What level are you at for the final boss? Because you should be pretty much at the cap if you want to do the fight solo.

edit - nvm, saw the stuff you edited in making this post invalid. Carry on fellow sorceress user.

Man, online issues out the wazoo out of nowhere. Got three talismens, auto-joined someone else's game for some reason, and suddenly disconnected. Got back to town where it told my I had received the talismans in question but upon leaving it forgot this and acted like I had never got them. Went back and fought one of the bosses where upon again auto-joining someone else's game instead of continuing my party it loaded in black and forced a restart.

JokerAceX

Man, online issues out the wazoo out of nowhere. Got three talismens, auto-joined someone else's game for some reason, and suddenly disconnected. Got back to town where it told my I had received the talismans in question but upon leaving it forgot this and acted like I had never got them. Went back and fought one of the bosses where upon again auto-joining someone else's game instead of continuing my party it loaded in black and forced a restart.

wonky online is wonky i guess...was this vita or ps3 version?

What level are you at for the final boss? Because you should be pretty much at the cap if you want to do the fight solo.

edit - nvm, saw the stuff you edited in making this post invalid. Carry on fellow sorceress user.

I hit the cap because I was getting blasted in my early 20's trying to solo the other bosses that were in the upper 20's . . .

Which I guess is a good thing now as I got the "grind" that I would have been forced to do now early.

Top Bottom