• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Item Box

<-- Infernal ending spoiler

Holy shit the final boss on infernal is almost impossible without a full party of human players. The CPU does a really bad job at optimizing damage on that fight, but I got it done after several hours of retrying
and grinding a little.

Granted, I was only level 80 when I fought it(cap is 99), but the game gets too grindy past that point for my tastes.

ToyBroker

Banned
UHHHH

What's the level cap for Normal mode?

I just got into hard at like 32-33 or so...and the lowest level dungeon is 40 and the mobs hit HARD as fuck.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Cooking's fun until you realize you've been giving all your food to other people.

A while ago I was in a game with two other people who didn't seem to understand how the cooking system worked and so just sort of seemed to be copying what I did. Including ladling their completed food into my bowl.

They twigged to the fact that they were doing something wrong eventually, but only after they had fed me about four meals.

Was mighty nice of them, really.

maomaoIYP

Well, what the fuck?

How am I supposed to compete at a level 40 dungeon.

These mobs are killing me SUPER fast.

Cause you don't really start the game over...you just start at the Talisman quest again.

Ghey :(
That's what the labyrinth of chaos is for. The first floor is 20, and each floor has 3 stages, and goes up by 10 levels each floor.

Paches

Just got to hard mode, level 35. Anyone want to party up and just random through a ton of dungeons and shit? PSN: ItWasLucky

Ahaha, my new Lv2 Sorceress can party up with the people my first one brings back. I imagine getting some Lv35 people would make going through the game again way faster.

Alcoholica

Neo Member
Alright 30 elf on the vita could use a good partner or two to finish off the remaining 4 tailsmans i have left. I offer party chat and pie and punch. Alcoholica84

Lissar

Reluctant Member
RE: Cooking

I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing.jpg

Liberty4all

Banned
As somebody who came of age in the late 80s this game is a massive nostalgia high.

wife and I are playing together ... So much fun. I plan on making a separate character to solo and online with ... But we will level are other characters together. Fantastic gf/bf husband/wife bonding time.

maomaoIYP

RE: Cooking

http://www.liznugentdraws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/I-have-no-idea-what-I-am-doing.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

The mini game appears somewhat randomly. Special ingredients appear based on bosses recently beaten. Normally those are placed near to the left or the right of the screen. Cooking these give better bonuses. After placing each ingredient into the pot/pan you can stir it up to 2 times to cook it quicker. The dish depends if it was cooked in the pan or pot. If you leave it cooking while the "serve food" icon appears it will burn and give you terrible bonuses. There are also three condiments to add if you so desire, those are on the lower right of the screen. They add to score and bonuses. If you're playing solo like me here's how I maximize my cooking:
1) Place 2 ingredients down to cook, stir them both once then immediately place another down to cook.
2) Stir the 1st piece of food once more, it should be fully cooked immediately. Eat that and by the time you're done, the 2nd food should be ready to serve.
3) As you finish the 2nd food the 3rd should be fully cooked now.
4) Repeat.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
The mini game appears somewhat randomly. Special ingredients appear based on bosses recently beaten. Normally those are placed near to the left or the right of the screen. Cooking these give better bonuses. After placing each ingredient into the pot/pan you can stir it up to 2 times to cook it quicker. The dish depends if it was cooked in the pan or pot. If you leave it cooking while the "serve food" icon appears it will burn and give you terrible bonuses. There are also three condiments to add if you so desire, those are on the lower right of the screen. They add to score and bonuses. If you're playing solo like me here's how I maximize my cooking:
1) Place 2 ingredients down to cook, stir them both once then immediately place another down to cook.
2) Stir the 1st piece of food once more, it should be fully cooked immediately. Eat that and by the time you're done, the 2nd food should be ready to serve.
3) As you finish the 2nd food the 3rd should be fully cooked now.
4) Repeat.

Thanks! This will probably not be possible with the current controller I'm using since the right stick is really hard to control. Guess I'll have to wait until I get home to my own PS3 to actually try it.

Welp, I'm on Infernal difficulty. Got a few talismans, too. I'm pretty sure I was being carried, I'm only level 67 and when I got the talismans I was in the 50s.

Has anyone played through this game without touching the online mode? Is the AI sufficient?

AI is sufficient enough. Though, some online players have better tactics for taking out bosses.

ScOULaris

Wow. The difficulty really jumps up a great deal once you unlock the B routes. Time to start grinding, I guess!

Continuing only setting you back a little gold seems too lenient, though. Is there a limit to continues during a run?

augmental

Will someone please give me the hint for the room where the chest is locked up behind bars and you need to trigger the specific colors? I tried searching through the thread but I couldn't find it.

Paches

Wow. The difficulty really jumps up a great deal once you unlock the B routes. Time to start grinding, I guess!

Continuing only setting you back a little gold seems too lenient, though. Is there a limit to continues during a run?

No limit, but it gets increasingly more expensive to bring your guys back. It can get costly if you aren't paying attention and just tap to revive!

Will someone please give me the hint for the room where the chest is locked up behind bars and you need to trigger the specific colors? I tried searching through the thread but I couldn't find it.

That is a quest from the guild if I recall. It tells you the order in the quest text. I forget the order, though.

Marvelous

Managed to get to level 73...
It really doesn't take too long to level up in this game. Well, it does if you're only doing one dungeon and then going back to town most of the time. :p

Skerj

Runes really confuse me. Is there any way in the field to know what rune combinations will give me what?

It's really just memory, the runes can be considered letters and their initialisms help you to remember what they actually do. Example: SOL = Salve Of Life which puts that healing field down for you.

I think there's a table somewhere in-game, but it only fills in as you randomly experiment.

Yeah, Lucain has the list of ones you have and have not discovered.

Gambit61

So do you really need to beat Gazer with each local character as player 1 for everyone to get the next set of sidequests? I beat Gazer with my friend and sister but the new sidequests aren't showing up for them.

Edit: Wow, some guy on gamefaqs has the same problem. How did they miss something so simple?

Zekes!

Finally got my copy in the mail today; I played it briefly, starting with the Elf, and I have to say I really like the way she plays so far

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
So after leveling the elf to lvl 12, I rerolled to the amazon. Soooooooooooo much better.

Yeah elf is more reliant on air kick canceling or dodge canceling arrow stuff all day for her bnb. Her real stuff doesnt really come into play til way later. Amazon is perfect if you want to get in there and tear things up

LowParry

Yeah elf is more reliant on air kick canceling or dodge canceling arrow stuff all day for her bnb. Her real stuff doesnt really come into play til way later. Amazon is perfect if you want to get in there and tear things up

Yeah, fits my style much better. I liked where the elf was going but I kept being melee with dagger use. But...eh. Amazon I really enjoy so I'll keep it going. Dat ass though. Dat bubblelicious ass. Parries are pretty dope too.

So apparently someone decided to mess around with the poll data, putting the wrong classes with the wrong numbers for the chart. So in case if anything else was edited I decided to roll back to the backup from about one night ago. Also I put the document on anyone can view, but only I can edit because people like whoever messed up the data are why we can't have nice things. Ya gotta be excellent to eachother, and that just isn't excellent.

So if anyone wants to be added to the list you'll need to shoot me a PM on the boards so I can add you. Anyone who put their info on the list before please check if everything is as it should be.

Wow. Going on a level spree without ever going back to town is really addicting. I told myself one last level for the night about 4 dungeons ago, lol.

But my AI partners! Their life points! And equipment! D:

HORRORSHØW

Yeah, fits my style much better. I liked where the elf was going but I kept being melee with dagger use. But...eh. Amazon I really enjoy so I'll keep it going. Dat ass though. Dat bubblelicious ass. Parries are pretty dope too.
You should try the Fighter, too. Slightly stronger than the Amazon with a faster attack speed. He also has a block/counter with a chance to stun.

Top Bottom