• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Are there any figured for frost freeze/chill chance vs. lightning stun chance?

I'm trying to figure out which is best for my skellytones...and what kind of build is best for them?

What's up with Curse vs. Petrification? They seem like they do the same thing conceptually, but I haven't tried Curse out yet.

The Sorceress has so many good skills, it's hard to decide what to use. :-X

Ketch

I want to turn off the AIs who keep jumping into the game but still allow other actual players to jump in. If I turn off the "joinable" slots in the tavern can other human players still jump in in the middle of a level?

chrono01

I want to play this one, but Tales of Xillia is consuming my free-time!

Soon...soon I will play it [after I complete Xillia]...

Solo'd the last boss on Infernal at 78 on my first attempt. Don't know if that's good but I wasn't expecting to win.

I like how
the game actually incorporates the Hard and Infernal playthroughs as additional elements to the story, even if it's pretty bare. "Oh hey there's also a more badass dragon than the one you just fought out there have fun with that." They even have different palettes which is nice.

Nursezero

I want to turn off the AIs who keep jumping into the game but still allow other actual players to jump in. If I turn off the "joinable" slots in the tavern can other human players still jump in in the middle of a level?

When "joinable" is turned off in the tavern, human players will not be able to join. I had a problem with this the other day when my friend wanted to join my game. It would give him the message "party full" of something like that. Once "joinable" was on, he was able to party up in my game. Hope this helps ^_^.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
After soloing with the Sorceress the entire way through, having a party feels kinda broken. Everything just dies. No questions asked.

Protection makes it so no one suffers hitstun. She's the ultimate support for that reason alone. Everyone can literally go all out on a boss and maul them

Raxus

Man, it takes a while to get used to playing an Elf. I really wish they allowed online play at the outset. My AI partners tend to be pretty reckless and it is kinda boring without another friend.

I can't seem to be able to pick one class and stick with it.

My Elf is level 25 atm, I love the crazy agility, the mad kicking and the ranged attacks but her damage output is rather low. The Dwarf is pretty strong but he looks like he's pretty limited tactics wise (throw things, mash square, throw again), the sorceress isn't as fun alone as the other classes, the knight has good combo potential but I'm sure he's outclassed by the other 2 melee classes.

I really feel like I'm losing my time trying to find a class that really clicks for me.

Just had a good time playing with the guys on Destructoid. Helped them beat the Ancient Dragon on normal (they were a bit underlevelled).

Was fun. I'm playing YOLO THOR in this. Would like any critiques on improvement for this fight if needed for harder modes. I was utilizing the back to back Grand Smash technique and trying my best to swat the orbs back with Eagle Dive.

http://www.twitch.tv/destructoid/b/443334698?t=400m11s

I just started the game, rolled Elf because of her design, I just adore her. I'm level 8 and I've had a blast for the last 2-3 hours, amazing game.

Also, it's so much better with the d-pad. Is there any MUST have skills for the Elf? All I got was Elemental Lore and a bigger quiver.

joe2187

Banned
Labyrinth of Chaos, is pretty freaking awesome, We managed to get the elixer of amnesia and I used to fix my skill cards. Sooooo much better and the Items you get are pretty freaking amazing.

I'm addicted the Labyrinth.

Velcro Fly

I almost feel like I'm cheating using the Dwarf and having 3 AI with me at all times. I hear people talk about struggling or playing solo and I just slay everything with my AI posse. I think having the AI partners is fun and they honestly have been fine in terms of being smart. They seem pretty active when it comes to certain things in boss fights.
I've seen them grab the magic lamp and summon the genie against the pirates and I've seen them go after the sacs that spawn enemies in the fight against the beetle.
I have no complaints in that regard.

The dwarf seems ridiculously OP too. I love grabbing things out of midair and throwing them around or even just trying to chain throw mobs. Really feel like I started on easy mode with the Dwarf right now and that every other class will likely be tougher.

Item Box

Solo'd the last boss on Infernal at 78 on my first attempt. Don't know if that's good but I wasn't expecting to win.
Were you playing as elf or Amazon?

That fight was a living hell for me, as I put a good amount of points into throws and explosives for my dwarf, and surprise, neither of those abilities did much damage to him, which made the final quarter of it impossible.

Raxus

I can't seem to be able to pick one class and stick with it.

My Elf is level 25 atm, I love the crazy agility, the mad kicking and the ranged attacks but her damage output is rather low. The Dwarf is pretty strong but he looks like he's pretty limited tactics wise (throw things, mash square, throw again), the sorceress isn't as fun alone as the other classes, the knight has good combo potential but I'm sure he's outclassed by the other 2 melee classes.

I really feel like I'm losing my time trying to find a class that really clicks for me.

You gotta give some classes time to grow. Especially Elf.

Elf is basically a rouge. You put out crazy DPS but you have to work to earn your arrows so I try and work them into my combos so I always have arrows to spend. Learning when to charge shot helps as well.

Boots skill.
Tell me about it.

Expanded quiver and rapid shot are big as well. Focus shot when you get a handle on the class.

Were you playing as elf or Amazon?

That fight was a living hell for me, as I put a good amount of points into throws and explosives for my dwarf, and surprise, neither of those abilities did much damage to him, which made the final quarter of it impossible.
Haha yep. Amazon with war paint.

Eterniti

So I'm rolling a new Elf and I gotta ask you guys for tips. I do fairly decent with damage and what not, but she seems to be quite a glass cannon when it comes to taking damage. :/ Help! Tips!

Dwarf is such a beast. I just love tossing monsters around left and right. I especially like tossing them into the corner to bounce them into the air for a air rolling power-bomb. Sooooo good!

Raxus

So I'm rolling a new Elf and I gotta ask you guys for tips. I do fairly decent with damage and what not, but she seems to be quite a glass cannon when it comes to taking damage. :/ Help! Tips!

Recognize tells, know when it is safe to go in and pull off combos. EVADE YO ASS OFF!

The more I play the easier it has become to contribute more to team fights and take little damage. Only time I have close calls is from genuine stupidity on my part.

Dwarf is such a beast. I just love tossing monsters around left and right. I especially like tossing them into the corner to bounce them into the air for a air rolling power-bomb. Sooooo good!

A fun thing you can do, if you're close enough to the side of the screen you throw them into, you can catch them mid-air by jumping and pressing up+square again, then spike them to the ground with another throw. Total domination.

Ultimadrago

The dwarf seems ridiculously OP too. I love grabbing things out of midair and throwing them around or even just trying to chain throw mobs. Really feel like I started on easy mode with the Dwarf right now and that every other class will likely be tougher.

From a statistical and potential standpoint it seems Amazon and Elf are by far the strongest characters. But yeah, I have so much fun playing with Dwarf, I don't think I can go back.

It's beautiful.

So so much fun. Up to level 27 after a couple of hours of online play. It's incredibly addictive to go through different multiple time to either hone your skills or to take the alternate path. I love the mode of transport you encounter a couple of times. Reminds me of this game called Aladdin... For me, I knocked out another 3 talismans this evening and raked up nearly 50k in points.

I'm finally getting better at using the dpad to switch to different items. Getting my ass handed to me by the
dragon
because I didn't use my shield gave me incentive to figure out the right way to play it.

jwk94

After 9hrs and 45min with the Elf, I have finally unlocked the multiplayer! This feels like a big accomplishment. Think I'm going to take a little break though.

Sanctuary

Has anyone bothered to max out Storm? It would be interesting to hear how it compares to Blaze. Since Slow + Blaze seems to be the ultimate boss combo right now for the Wizard. Meteor might be at its highest rank, and if it hits...

With Blaze, you just toss it on a slowed boss and then spam the hell out of your up + O attack until out of mana, regen, recast Blaze and do it all over again. It's especially brutal in any set with a lot of +% damage or +fire damage. Even boss types that have a resistance to fire seem to fall faster to it than any other attack skill (aside from obviously spamming it with a rod that has it's weakness). Although I'm also trying to raise Thunderbolt, but it's only 6/10 atm.

In the final boss fight, I really hate
his skeleton minions, particularly the ones with crossbows. I think I have to use the potion that makes you immune to knockback to deal with them.

Using a wizard on Infernal, level 78.

Any top tier Elf strats?

use evade to cancel arrow shots so you can shoot them faster [level up evade common skill since its crucial to her gameplan]

and by god put points into salamander oil, it makes upwards charge shots really stupid

with daggers its kind of up to you. backstab damage is also really dumb and it gives you another option to attack with if/when you're out of arrows

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Beat the game on my Dwarf on normal. Bottom line? Dwarf is the most fun I've had with a non-MMO game in...I don't know how long its been (surgery has actually messed with my memory.).

I power bomb stuff. I bring forth lightning from the heavens. I punch everything in the face. Everything. With fists of fire.

That should be on the box.

Velcro Fly

Whoa I have a feeling this game just got serious.

Just had a ridiculous time beating
Medusa
. My entire party was dead and I had no potions left and was on my last life myself when I finally killed her. Definitely feel like there has been a difficulty spike. I have some better gear ready in another level or two so that should help out a little bit.

Not sure if I should grind or just keep going or see about doing some quests or what. It was definitely a struggle to clear that last boss. My stock of 60k gold may not last if I have to pay to revive people on bosses. Perhaps I spoke too soon about the Dwarf being easy mode.

I wouldn't even feel bad about grinding and leveling up a little bit because the game is so fun. It really wouldn't feel much like grinding to go back and redo a few stages since the combat is fun and I could probably complete a quest or two. I could also try online but I'm so used to coordinating with people on Skype for games like this it would be hard with nothing.

sieffer

Are any other Uk'ers still waiting for copies to be delivered by VGP? My Vita copy still hasn't been delivered. I wonder if others are the same or has mine gone missing :(

Amazon question : What's the best move to initate a combo without getting smacked in the face since the Amazon without a berserker boost just gets smacked in the face because her moves don't seem to stagger enemies? Skeletons are a massive pain in the ass because of this..

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Are any other Uk'ers still waiting for copies to be delivered by VGP? My Vita copy still hasn't been delivered. I wonder if others are the same or has mine gone missing :(

I'm not from uk but vgp shipped my copy on July 30th and i still have nothing :'(

anddo0

Wow. Going on a level spree without ever going back to town is really addicting. I told myself one last level for the night about 4 dungeons ago, lol.

But my AI partners! Their life points! And equipment! D:

The equipment is doable, more bags. But the AI is usually completely wiped out by the 3rd or 4th dungeon. The pathfinding on the AI is pretty bad, they have no idea how to avoid traps, and will stand there until they die. I use them as cannon fodder, and I hope I can press on solo.

this game looks incredible on the vita. the slowdowns are an annoyance though.

Go solo, or take only one AI member.

I watched a few streams of the PS3 version. It looks much smoother. I wish this were cross-buy.

maomaoIYP

Amazon question : What's the best move to initate a combo without getting smacked in the face since the Amazon without a berserker boost just gets smacked in the face because her moves don't seem to stagger enemies? Skeletons are a massive pain in the ass because of this..

Depends on the enemy type. Skeletons are easily knocked down with a slide. Zombies are easily knocked with her launcher move.
Or you could go for a parry to get the i-frames to start your combo.

Depends on the enemy type. Skeletons are easily knocked down with a slide. Zombies are easily knocked with her launcher move.
Or you could go for a parry to get the i-frames to start your combo.

The slide doesn't work too well since skeletons hit me right through it. The Sliding skill might actually help though.

I still haven't gotten the hang of parrying yet so that's not a very reliable solution.

maomaoIYP

The slide doesn't work too well since skeletons hit me right through it. The Sliding skill might actually help though.

I still haven't gotten the hang of parrying yet so that's not a very reliable solution.

The slide works great when they hold up their shields, it seems to knock them down instantly. Also are you using brandish? If I'm too lazy to attempt a parry I simply start the combo from far away, so that when the brandish strikes come out I'm right at the skeletons.
Also this tactic for doing easy parries seems to work, hold block, and when they rain strikes down tap and hold square with a fairly regular timing. When you see your amazon flashing strike back.

The slide works great when they hold up their shields, it seems to knock them down instantly. Also are you using brandish? If I'm too lazy to attempt a parry I simply start the combo from far away, so that when the brandish strikes come out I'm right at the skeletons.
Also this tactic for doing easy parries seems to work, hold block, and when they rain strikes down tap and hold square with a fairly regular timing. When you see your amazon flashing strike back.

Doesn't Brandish only kick in when you have a couple of Berserker charges? And I'll try the parrying stuff, thanks.

I usually do a couple of jump moves to build up her speed before I square up with anybody. So maybe I'll start off with a dive kick, then a few smashes later, I see her speed is up and then i go combo crazy

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Wow. The difficulty really jumps up a great deal once you unlock the B routes. Time to start grinding, I guess!

Continuing only setting you back a little gold seems too lenient, though. Is there a limit to continues during a run?

Yes.

How long your equipment can go without breaking. Nothing like fighting a boss then having your bow break.

Tokubetsu

Is there an
effective flawless way to to do red dragon? I can't seem to dodge the falling rocks effectively. A couple always seem to hit.

Top Bottom