• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

My copy finally arrived!

Silly question: how can I pause the game? START brings up a pause-like-menu but the game still runs in the background.

QP3

My copy finally arrived!

Silly question: how can I pause the game? START brings up a pause-like-menu but the game still runs in the background.

You can't unless you suspend it with the home button afaik.

In town, click your character to bring up skills/equipment, etc.

On Hard Difficulty, I noticed on the dungeon selection screen there is a new message that says Target: Lost Woods.
I remember the Castle telling me about war on the lines
, but it seems a little ambiguous. How do I eliminate the target?

On Hard Difficulty, I noticed on the dungeon selection screen there is a new message that says Target: Lost Woods.
I remember the Castle telling me about war on the lines
, but it seems a little ambiguous. How do I eliminate the target?

Just clear the dungeon. Then make sure you go back to the castle for a reward. You can keep going back to the castle and it'll randomly assign a target.

maomaoIYP

Finished all the sidequests, so I almost have all the art. It looks like there's a piece of art for finishing the game with each character, but what's the last one? The description just reads "???".

Completed the Gourmand trophy. So much delicious food!

I cannot find chicken for the life of me. That's the only thing that I'm missing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I cannot find chicken for the life of me. That's the only thing that I'm missing.

You get chicken in the Old Capital, but the Red Dragon meat replaces the chicken automatically, so you have to either fail to kill the Red Dragon or kill the golem (I think).

Also, go there directly, since other boss meats can potentially replace chicken on the way there.

You can't unless you suspend it with the home button afaik.

In town, click your character to bring up skills/equipment, etc.
I can understand not being able to pause multiplayer (I can't pause time itself sadly), but not being able to pause single player? That's very disappointing. Some of us have newborn babies that need attention.

I can understand not being able to pause multiplayer (I can't pause time itself sadly), but not being able to pause single player? That's very disappointing. Some of us have newborn babies that need attention.

hit the ps button to suspend the game. same thing. (unless you're on PS3. dunno what the ps button does there)

Switched from Sorceress to Amazon last night and I'm having even more fun. I just need better gear lol

At least it only took me like an hour or so to power to online with her.

QP3

Again, hit the home button or just suspend it. Works just the same.

Anyone know anything about Ancient Armor or some sort of item set with "Ancient" in the name? I seen someone mention it on another forum saying how sick it was.

Anyone know where to find it?

Can anyone even confirm that something like this exists?

Basically unique set items/weapons? Not just rewards for completing floors in LoC either.

I've done about 10 or so B runs in infernal and killed the Ancient Dragon 15 or so times, as well as about 15 floors of LoC.

maomaoIYP

You get chicken in the Old Capital, but the Red Dragon meat replaces the chicken automatically, so you have to either fail to kill the Red Dragon or kill the golem (I think).

Also, go there directly, since other boss meats can potentially replace chicken on the way there.

Excellent trick! Got my trophy! Much appreciated!

Ixion

Bought this game digitally and have played it for a few hours, but I'm still pretty confused about certain aspects.

Is there some type of E-manual or guide I can look at?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Anyone using the Celestial Chaos Glasses from Chaos Lab.? Wondering if the stat of switching all elemental damage to non-elemental is worth it.

Okay i have done every with the amazon level 99 etc etc time to move on to a new character .
I want to play a magic type which would be the best one to start with Wizard or Sorceress ?

augmental

On the topic of assigning shortcuts, I understand the usage of shortcuts for spells, but why have equipment shortcuts for my main weapon / shield that are auto equipped? Is it just there so you can quickly change to other swords / shields, etc if you want to? Also, if I don't have any shortcut assigned to the item, in the upper left of the icon for the weapon / shield there is either nothing there or a big 'E'. I assume the big 'E' just means 'equipped'? If I leave this blank with nothing in the top left corner of the icon does this mean that it is un-equipped? If that's the case then that doesn't make a lot of sense because the weapon and shield is still equipped on my character even if it doesn't have the big 'E' there.

Sorry, bumping again to see if anyone has any idea. I did a search on shortcuts but it didn't answer my question. If this is answered somewhere else just let me know, thx.

depths20XX

Enjoying the game so far but is there anyway to just run the game solo, without AI coming in?

Shit is way too chaotic half the time and forget about seeing your character if there's a wizard in the group. Not to mention how idiotic the AI is, it's just kind of annoying.

I feel like they should have just had the game scale the enemies according to how many you have in your party instead of just throwing in AI guests, even if you didn't resurrect them in the first place.

Sorry, bumping again to see if anyone has any idea. I did a search on shortcuts but it didn't answer my question. If this is answered somewhere else just let me know, thx.

Indeed, the "E" means "Equipped". You have to have a weapon and shield equipped at all times; if you try to unequip it or remove the last one from your bag, it won't let you. To equip them, you can do so directly from your bags (I think), from the item menu (d-pad) or via shortcuts. And yes, weapon shortcuts are there to juggle several weapons, particularly useful for the caster classes (they can have two or three rods with different elements) or melee classes to perform two Power Smashes in a row. I find myself not wasting one of the four shortcut slots once I start getting class skills and such, though.

Perhaps you have put shortcuts on certain items by accident. You can put shortcuts on anything from items/gear/weapons to spells. There's really no need to put it on gear/weapons unless you need to have multiple weapons. Just press Left or Right on the dpad/analog stick while hovering over an item and you can assign it any face button. You then activate it by pressing UP+SQUARE or w/e button you assigned it to. With the patch it will change from up to L1.

Atleast I think that's what you were asking.

The E means equipped. If it's blank (can't remember if its always blank for skills/pots/etc) then it's not equipped.

Andrew.

Banned
I took 20 hours to finally unlock online at level 26. Didn't even try it out yet. Yeah, I spent way too much time grinding out.

And now Im burned out and wont go back to it for awhile. Fuck.

depths20XX

I took 20 hours to finally unlock online at level 26. Didn't even try it out yet. Yeah, I spent way too much time grinding out.

Unless you made multiple characters I don't see how it took you 20 hours to get to level 26. Especially if you were grinding you should have gotten there in less than half that time on one character.

Filth

So I'm up to the final dragon on normal. Do I need to beat him solo? I wanted some online help but I think the narrator says you have to be alone. He's friken hard :/

Andrew.

Banned
Unless you made multiple characters I don't see how it took you 20 hours to get to level 26. Especially if you were grinding you should have gotten there in less than half that time on one character.

Nope one character and I'm at like 19:56. Only died twice. You cant exactly pause the game so to speak, so you can definitely deduct a couple hours off for fucking around in my apartment etc.

Still disappointing though. Nothings been able to really hold my attention lately.

Enjoying the game so far but is there anyway to just run the game solo, without AI coming in?

Shit is way too chaotic half the time and forget about seeing your character if there's a wizard in the group. Not to mention how idiotic the AI is, it's just kind of annoying.

I feel like they should have just had the game scale the enemies according to how many you have in your party instead of just throwing in AI guests, even if you didn't resurrect them in the first place.

Had this same issue with DQ9, only instead I hated how having a full party ruined the framerate

I hated how dumb the AI was in Soul Sacrifice though

erpg

GAF parliamentarian

Go into the tavern, select allies and press triangle on all three slots to turn auto join off.

Liberty4all

Banned
Love this game. Golden Axe on crack.

Honestly the game feels like how 2D gaming would have evolved, had 3D not taken over.

Its shocking actually to have such a fully realized modern 2D extravaganza after years upon years of 3D titles.

I'm so glad the game is selling well, I hope it opens the floodgates for big budget retail 2D titles, and reinvigorates the brawler sub genre.

My wife and I grew up on the arcade era, so this game is a massive treat.

As in, you just got to the part where you get the B paths and the dungeon chaining? Because the whole flow and pacing suddenly improved and logic of the loot finally made sense for me at that point.

I'm not saying keep playing it, if you're burnt out you're burnt out, but I'd give it another shot in a couple weeks maybe.

Andrew.

Banned
As in, you just got to the part where you get the B paths and the dungeon chaining? Because the whole flow and pacing suddenly improved and logic of the loot finally made sense for me at that point.

I'm not saying keep playing it, if you're burnt out you're burnt out, but I'd give it another shot in a couple weeks maybe.

Yup that's exactly where I'm at and I didn't even try the B routes or online yet =/

I'll definitely go back to it in a bit as Im sure the online isnt gonna be dead anytime soon, but for now I gotta take a break.

mudkyp

Just hit infernal difficulty and ouch! Wish I had a crew to chain dungeons with. Doing it random always leads to either a black screen freeze or me being alone on a boss that's scaled to four players.

But at the end of the day, the game is still a blast and I'll get through infernal.

Just hit infernal difficulty and ouch! Wish I had a crew to chain dungeons with. Doing it random always leads to either a black screen freeze or me being alone on a boss that's scaled to four players.

But at the end of the day, the game is still a blast and I'll get through infernal.

Wait, this game doesn't scale down when you're the only one left?
I guess I'm soloing EVERYTHING.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

As I understand it, the game scales to number of characters, not number of players. If people leave before the boss, they'll still be A.I. controlled characters.

mudkyp

Did not appear to because when a person leaves they become an AI so maybe the game thinks they are still there or something. Either way fighting the red dragon on hard and having everyone leave mid boss battle really sucked.

Tokubetsu

How useful are Sorc skills like mental absorb and extract? Either im terrible at noticing but they don't seem to have a big effect on my mana regen.

Top Bottom