• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Guuuh. I love you, Hitoshi Sakimoto. I'm never going to get tired of the music in this game. Not a single track that I dislike. There's this one song with this epic percussion solo that reminds me of that guy at the "Symphonic Fantasies" concert that did the solos. I also dig the potion/repair shop music, with the clapping.

I particularly love the Castle of the Dead theme, and the song that plays when you start Bilbaron path B.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Haha. I only Gamefly'd DW8, so that's gone. Still have Warriors Orochi 3 of course. That's on hiatus because I'm pissed off there's Ultimate coming out, and I won't play more until that's out here.

I'll let you know if I pick it up later today and if so, as long as you don't mind me being underleveled, let's actually do it for once ;D

Well, you would have to unlock the online MP first, which takes 6-8 hours, but yeah.

Sanctuary

Is rapid shot ELF feasible for high level? I am starting one now.
The damage output is only so so against mob as the arrow isn't piecing like charge shot, impact arrow doesn't seem to do much either. Would things get better after I got the salamander oil?

Btw I am staying so long in air with her!
Double jump rapid shot, then normal air attack cancel to rapid shot, launch air attack cancel to rapid shot, normal air attack again cancel to rapid shot, then dodge and cancel to rapid shot, lol... but I am running out of arrow so quickly!

Power Shot seems to be more worthwhile for the most part compared to Rapid. Rapid does more burst damage if you spam it, but it also eats through your arrow stock so much faster. What really works is Power Shot + Clone Arrow + Impact during the charge + up move. Eventually it wipes the screen easily, and also does a lot to bosses. Rapid is more fun IMO, but it's implemented poorly. You simply run out of ammo way too fast. Increasing ranks in it simply increases ammo use, while increasing Power Shot gives you a significant boost, for no more cost. It might not hurt to have two ranks into Rapid for utility, but I wouldn't think it would be great to max it out.

Impact arrow is for the up + charge or your charge in the air that hits the ground. It just increases the radius of the blast that your arrow makes on...impact. In the later levels it's significant.

Is rapid shot ELF feasible for high level? I am starting one now.
The damage output is only so so against mob as the arrow isn't piecing like charge shot, impact arrow doesn't seem to do much either. Would things get better after I got the salamander oil?

Btw I am staying so long in air with her!
Double jump rapid shot, then normal air attack cancel to rapid shot, launch air attack cancel to rapid shot, normal air attack again cancel to rapid shot, then dodge and cancel to rapid shot, lol... but I am running out of arrow so quickly!
Impact arrow becomes really good on high levels combined with clones strikes and power shot it's like mini nukes. If you crouch charge power shot under a boss it hits him like 7-8 times later.

kubricks

Impact arrow is for the up + charge or your charge in the air that hits the ground. It just increases the radius of the blast that your arrow makes on...impact. In the later levels it's significant.

Crap I thought impact arrow works with rapid shot when shooting down from above.

OH NO! ;_;

I need this game in my veins but live in europe.
LLShC.gif

Well, you would have to unlock the online MP first, which takes 6-8 hours, but yeah.

Wow, that's the first I've heard of this. That's kind of lame. Reminds me of White Knight Chronicles when you had to beat the entire first chapter of the game before you could do the MMORPG stuff.

Interesting. I'll let you know if and when I get that out of the way.

HORRORSHØW

Infernal at level 55 is too hard. The Gazer boss showed up as a random enemy and started wrecking me. Guess I gotta grind a little more.

Been reading everyone's posts. I think a majority of the community is in love with the game. I'm glad I bought it on impulse after I canceled my preorder. Love the advice given. Fire ward confused the hell out of me, now I see y. great explanation of impact shot. I had no ideal what it did

Grimløck;75959839 said:
Infernal at level 55 is too hard. The Gazer boss showed up as a random enemy and started wrecking me. Guess I gotta grind a little more.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Ok now i'm starting to be really worried, on internet i can find only people saying how fast are vgp deliveries, some even less than one week, in my case it's 2 weeks and still nothing, i hope no one stolen my precious dragon's crown game + artbook :(

Grimløck;75959839 said:

That is entirely too sexy. I can't even comprehend how sexy that is. The amount of sex in what you just said is immeasurable.

Dragoshi1

I love rolling Elf, but going solo for a lot of the levels is unbearably hard.

The level with the golem and the vampire level are my two prime examples. I don't have online unlocked yet, and I'd rather not use the NPCs, but it looks like a necessity as far as those levels go.

Especially that final stretch with the golem. DEMONS, DEMONS EVERYWHERE.

I love rolling Elf, but going solo for a lot of the levels is unbearably hard.

The level with the golem and the vampire level are my two prime examples. I don't have online unlocked yet, and I'd rather not use the NPCs, but it looks like a necessity as far as those levels go.

Especially that final stretch with the golem. DEMONS, DEMONS EVERYWHERE.

As a solo Elf (no NPCs either), I didn't have much trouble on either of those bosses but I will admit that I couldn't save all three girls on the vampires the first time through. It's stupid easy to save all 3 girls as a solo Amazon, even on the first attempt.

While Elf is really good, she is not a braindead char as Amazon or Fighter especially on the lower lvls.

Btw did anyone else noticed that the wyvern design in dc is the same as in GrimGrimmoire?

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Grimløck;75959839 said:
Kill me now. My most hated boss as a caster.

augmental

On the topic of assigning shortcuts, I understand the usage of shortcuts for spells, but why have equipment shortcuts for my main weapon / shield equipped stuff? Is it just there so you can quickly change swords / shields, etc if you want to? Also, if I don't have any shortcut assigned to the item, in the upper left of the icon for the weapon / shield there is either nothing there or a big 'E'. I assume the big 'E' just means 'equipped'? If I leave this blank with nothing in the top left corner of the icon does this mean that it is un-equipped? If that's the case then that doesn't make a lot of sense because the weapon and shield is still equipped on my character even if it doesn't have the big 'E' there.

Abominuz

Banned
I have a question.
Tommorow i will recieve my US import for my EU vita.
Wil i be able to play online.
Because when i bought this version, the online retailer said online or dlc may not work.
Anyone got the US version for a EU Vita ?

Maluf360

I have a question.
Because when i bought this version, the online retailer said online or dlc may not work.

Me. Works without any flaws. My vita is european, and my PSN store is set to USA - Even the dialog DLC downloaded without any problems.

I have a question.
Online works, dlc not.
Well dlc depends on your account, but online works on my EU vita and Eu account.

Abominuz

Banned
Me. Works without any flaws. My vita is european, and my PSN store is set to USA - Even the dialog DLC downloaded without any problems.

I have storage cards, so if i format one and make a US PSN, i can enjoy the DLC also ?
This is great news been dying to play this game !

Owensboro

Good lord, this is worse then reading CBOAT. From what I can gather:

1. There are two skillets for cooking (outside two) and two pots for "boiling" (inside two).
2. There are three stages to cooking time: Raw, Medium, Burned. Obviously, you get the most points for Medium. (This time varies per ingredient?)
3. If you "Mix" something (the left icon) you speed up the cooking time.
4. If you no longer see a mix icon the food is done (?)
5. Different "spices" react differently on each major ingredient.

The best thing on that Page is the list of food with cooking method, spice modifier, score total, and stat boost. It's pretty obvious that the boss specific items give better buffs, but it's nice to see the numbers.

And now for something completely different.

Boss Gimmicks: I've got a few questions about some of the bosses that are probably pretty stupid.
1) Magician's Tower A -
Warlock - Why does the narrator give the hint about colored orbs? Yes, they correspond to the element he's going to cast, but the moment the narrator tells you about it is when the Warlock has all 4 orbs flying around him. Is there a way to tell which one he has "activated" that I'm not noticing?
2) Mage Tower B -
Chimera: Is there some kind of thing with this boss where you can no longer hurt a specific head? I usually just wail on the Lion Head since it's easiest to dodge his attacks, but it seems I will randomly do lots of damage and almost no damage. I just assume one head is active and you can hurt it or something. Also, what's up with the random halo of stars that will be over the goats head every now and then?
3) Ghost Ship Cove B -
Kraken: I assume you can't hurt his main body until you kill his forward tentacles?

sphagnum

Banned
My girlfriend is a big Vanillaware fan so she's been playing this a lot since she got it, but she still needs to get two more talismans (still needs to defeats the wraith and the red dragon) and has been having trouble finding a good party to help her, so she wanted to know if anyone with high enough dps wants to join in. Her ID is x42662, level 32 sorceress. I occasionally play but I'm only at level 16 as the fighter.

My girlfriend is a big Vanillaware fan so she's been playing this a lot since she got it, but she still needs to get two more talismans (still needs to defeats the wraith and the red dragon) and has been having trouble finding a good party to help her, so she wanted to know if anyone with high enough dps wants to join in. Her ID is x42662, level 32 sorceress. I occasionally play but I'm only at level 16 as the fighter.

I'm down to help. When are we talking about here? My PSN ID is AmethystEnd. I can get on right now if needed.

sphagnum

Banned
I'm down to help. When are we talking about here? My PSN ID is AmethystEnd. I can get on right now if needed.

Yeah she's playing right now but she's currently doing some quests. I let her know, she said she wants to wait until there's one other person who wants to join, but you can add her and she'll also add you when she's done what she's currently doing.

Yeah she's playing right now but she's currently doing some quests. I let her know, she said she wants to wait until there's one other person who wants to join, but you can add her and she'll also add you when she's done what she's currently doing.

I sent a friend request. Any way, let her know that Wraith and Red Dragon shouldn't be an issue even with just the two of us. I've soloed and duo'ed both (coincidentally, my partner was also a sorceress).

I'll be around all day. No work today so I'm just lounging around.

Couple of questions (Europe related)
1. I assume I can buy this digitally from US PSN without any problems (from US account)?
2. For those who imported, how is online working for you, are there any lag or connection problems?

sphagnum

Banned
I sent a friend request. Any way, let her know that Wraith and Red Dragon shouldn't be an issue even with just the two of us. I've soloed and duo'ed both (coincidentally, my partner was also a sorceress).

I'll be around all day. No work today so I'm just lounging around.

Cool, I'll PM you when she's ready.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
2) Mage Tower B -
Chimera: Is there some kind of thing with this boss where you can no longer hurt a specific head? I usually just wail on the Lion Head since it's easiest to dodge his attacks, but it seems I will randomly do lots of damage and almost no damage. I just assume one head is active and you can hurt it or something. Also, what's up with the random halo of stars that will be over the goats head every now and then?
The head you've been hitting can't be stunned, but the other two can. Stars are stunned states, same as on enemies and player characters.

When the other two are stunned, they can't be hit. Tail is weak to physical, torso to magic.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Finished all the sidequests, so I almost have all the art. It looks like there's a piece of art for finishing the game with each character, but what's the last one? The description just reads "???".

Completed the Gourmand trophy. So much delicious food!

Finished all the sidequests, so I almost have all the art. It looks like there's a piece of art for finishing the game with each character, but what's the last one? The description just reads "???".

Completed the Gourmand trophy. So much delicious food!

I believe you get the last piece for clearing the game on inferno with any character.

QP3

1. How many bags do you guys have? How do you organize what's in them (i.e. are they all just basic builds, or do some focus on resistances, etc.?)

2. What level gear do you get appraised? Only S & A? Just S?

The netcode is great. Getting into a game is always super easy and always seems totally smooth.

usually I don't have an issue, although last night I was having trouble getting a connection intoa game, and then when i finally did the lag was terrible. To the point of unplayable. I would do the grand smash and my dwarf would be stuck for ~5-7 seconds, then all of a sudden I would have no health :/

Top Bottom