• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

Ultimadrago

I seem to have received the 5 million score one-run trophy (not that I care about trophies at all, the concept alone makes me roll my eyes in boredom). The run itself, however, was extremely satisfying to experience.

Marvelous

I think you should just go with the score if you're leveling. Though i doubt it's anything to do with loot quality. Yesterday i had 5mil5 points in 1 adventure and the loot is pretty meh. Well, i'm trying to reach max level so i dont really care about loot yet, not until i'm lv99 =D.

Yeah I know score helps with leveling up, but I thought I read that a better score = better loot as well. If that's not the case, then Vernas' Blessing will be used from now on. :D

Seil

Yeah I know score helps with leveling up, but I thought I read that a better score = better loot as well. If that's not the case, then Vernas' Blessing will be used from now on. :D

Some people have speculated that it might, but I have yet to see any correlation myself.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I found the fireballs to do fairly decent damage despite only having one point in the skill, especially for free casts. Of course, the enemies were weak to fire... The default whirlwind never really caught my attention.

I'm specced for dagger use but I often don't use it. I either end up overlooking it or deciding it's not worth using up my limited supply at that point and it just ultimately doesn't get used. It's always great when I do use a dagger, though.

Once I'm in the 50s I'll probably play around with my build more and figure out what suits me best.
For dagger, you need to get holdout dagger, the common skill that gets you free uses of items (which is often because Elf has high Luck most of the time), and backstab damage. It's impressive, but you run into problems if you do long chain runs and just run out of daggers. Of course, some bosses aren't backstab-able, so you're kind of stuck there.

Whirlwind is useful inasmuch as you can use it as a shield against projectiles and to stun lock crappy enemies, but yeah, it's pretty low damage. The difficulty is setting up the elements for the other skills to cast properly. Unless you carry a torch around for the entire map, you are stuck with whirlwind for every boss except for the Kraken.

Higher score means better loot? Should I use Trailblazer's Boon or Verna's Blessing?
Some people have speculated that it might, but I have yet to see any correlation myself.
There's a separate stat for "quality of spoils" though, so I assume they are independent of each other.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I believe that Vernas's blessing, the 40k one which "increases quality of spoils" allows you to sometimes gain 2 spoils when you open a chest rather than just one.

Seil

For dagger, you need to get holdout dagger, the common skill that gets you free uses of items (which is often because Elf has high Luck most of the time), and backstab damage. It's impressive, but you run into problems if you do long chain runs and just run out of daggers. Of course, some bosses aren't backstab-able, so you're kind of stuck there.

Whirlwind is useful inasmuch as you can use it as a shield against projectiles and to stun lock crappy enemies, but yeah, it's pretty low damage. The difficulty is setting up the elements for the other skills to cast properly. Unless you carry a torch around for the entire map, you are stuck with whirlwind for every boss except for the Kraken.

I'm level 38 at the moment. I've got holdout dagger; I just don't use it often because I either forget or don't want to use the limited uses at that point in the run. I talk myself out of it for whatever reason. I also have a point in maintenance, but I have no intention of going further with it right now. I'm fairly decent with my arrow management so I don't like the idea of juggling around temporary items too much to use my arrows.

My original build plan was to max holdout & backstab as well as the obvious bow skills. Since I don't actually use the dagger as much as I expected I would, I'm just considering alternatives.

On the topic of setting up elements: The fires left from Salamander Oil give you enough time for one Elemental Lore. So you have that option anywhere that the fire can be lit. That's not a great solution if using it solely as a fallback for when you're out of arrows, though. Should you be partied with spellcasters, their attacks can grant you other elements as well.

Edit:

Does the use of Stables just keep going up nonstop? Is it correlated to anything?

At first it looked like it was going up with my total gold, but really it appears to rise 30 gold per level. It seems to be (30 x lv) + 30.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there some magic to controlling the fucking cursor, I swear it has a mind of it's own.
It's horrible because it sticks to points on the screen. That's helpful when you are just clicking around for treasure, but when you are trying to activate runes, it's a pain in the ass. It's the one big advantage of the Vita version.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On the topic of setting up elements: The fires left from Salamander Oil give you enough time for one Elemental Lore. So you have that option anywhere that the fire can be lit. That's not a great solution if using it solely as a fallback for when you're out of arrows, though. Should you partied with spellcasters, their attacks can grant you other elements as well.
The problem really is when you run out of arrows at a boss. The magic just doesn't do enough damage and they seem to only drop like one arrow at a time whenever they get hit. Or at least that's what it feels like!

Ferrio

Banned
It's horrible because it sticks to points on the screen. That's helpful when you are just clicking around for treasure, but when you are trying to activate runes, it's a pain in the ass. It's the one big advantage of the Vita version.

It is screen-relative, so if other players move around it sticks to the screen. Bad decision and very frustrating.

Darn, was hoping their was some option to tell it to stay the fuck still.

Pwn

http://www.alphamax.jp/item/ax0114sorceress.html
front.jpg

SOrceress is gOOd but I need Elf.

Seil

The problem really is when you run out of arrows at a boss. The magic just doesn't do enough damage and they seem to only drop like one arrow at a time whenever they get hit. Or at least that's what it feels like!

Hmm.. Most of the time I have no problem keeping a stock of arrows at bosses. The arrow bundles usually seem to drop at a decent rate. I've had a few times where that wasn't the case, but it's usually not very bad for me.

The Kraken is an exception. I get into his face, unload all of my arrows then equip the dagger and use it like crazy, too. That's one of few times I do think to use the dagger and it's quite effective in that situation.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hmm.. Most of the time I have no problem keeping a stock of arrows at bosses. The arrow bundles usually seem to drop at a decent rate. I've had a few times where that wasn't the case, but it's usually not very bad for me.

The Kraken is an exception. I get into his face, unload all of my arrows then equip the dagger and use it like crazy, too. That's one of few times I do think to use the dagger and it's quite effective in that situation.

Infernal is probably fresh on my mind, but trying to fight the
Red Dragon or Demon Lord
without arrows dropping was a sonofabitch to say the least. I felt bad letting the party I was with do all the work once I ran out of arrows. lol

Seil

Infernal is probably fresh on my mind, but trying to fight the
Red Dragon or Demon Lord
without arrows dropping was a sonofabitch to say the least. I felt bad letting the party I was with do all the work once I ran out of arrows. lol

Demon Lord or Archdemon?
I obviously can't speak for Infernal at all, but that was insanely easy in Normal, one of the easiest imo. Haven't done it in Hard yet.

As for
Red Dragon,
I hate it in general. And its hit box took getting used to for me.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Demon Lord or Archdemon?
I obviously can't speak for Infernal at all, but that was insanely easy in Normal, one of the easiest imo. Haven't done it in Hard yet.

As for
Red Dragon,
I hate it in general. And its hit box took getting used to for me.

Actually,
Archedmon. But both, now that I think about it, because of the Labyrinth.

Maybe I just got unlucky with the arrow drops, but I basically burn through my oil on them in the first 30 seconds or so and then it's just painful kicking while I wait for more arrows to drop.

Although I suppose if I go back to the standard game now, it's probably trivial. Haha.

njean777

How hard is the last boss? I am level 31 on normal and have all the talismans. So should I grind or am I leveled enough to take him/her on?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
If you know how the fight works and what to do with your character class it's fine. Might be tough if you want to brute force it though.

Seil

Really? The level bosses are harder then him/her?

I found the
Red Dragon
to be significantly more difficult than the final boss. I've only battle him in the initial room, though. But yeah, the final boss was really easy for me. Some people have expressed difficulty, though. May vary with class.

Ultimadrago

I just got Dwarf to Infernal Mode. My friend and I are going back to get Amazon to Infernal as well. I wasn't sure if I was going to even bother with Infernal initially, but after all this time I feel like I may be able to go all the way.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I just got Dwarf to Infernal Mode. My friend and I are going back to get Amazon to Infernal as well. I wasn't sure if I was going to even bother with Infernal initially, but after all this time I feel like I may be able to go all the way.
Might as well go for 99 and then finish the Labyrinth and then 99 for all other characters.

Renoir

Hey guys, I downloaded all of those unlockable artworks and put them into a Flickr gallery (spoilers obv) so they'll be available if they disappear from that other website.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15690672@N04/sets/72157635043606919/

I'm going to work on titling them and mentioning which quest they're associated with as I have time and discover them.

Additionally, I made a zip file if you want to download them all in one go.

http://www.radiantcg.com/neogaf/DragonsCrownUnlockableArt.zip
Thank you kind sir

MooMoo

Finally beat hard. Decided to bring two AIs on my first try and I barely made it. My second time using AI partners and god damn they were so stupid; they totally got whiplashed by all of the dragon's attacks. Don't just fucking stand there lol.

Time for infernal! And I haven't touched the Labyrinth of Chaos so I gotta at least run through that too.

Velcro Fly

I'm gettin frustrated with some of these side quests. I find myself in adventure game mode just clicking random shit

The side quests are sorta fun if you aren't seriously looking to chain dungeons. The worst part is slay x amount of this and you have no idea where to find that enemy. I love turning my game on, doing a couple quests, and then turning the game off to do something else. Perfect for short bursts but has stuff to do if you want to play for an extended period of time.

Top Bottom