• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown |OT| Knock down the crown

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of patch wishlists, I wish you could just join ANY Labyrinth of Chaos game instead of hoping that someone else is playing the floor that you selected.

Soloing it past level 8 seems like murder, but it's a pain in an ass trying to get connected to a game after that.

Alternatively, the "join random game" should just include Labyrinth games as well as normal games.

So, I'm playing infernal difficulty and I haven't really been able to get any good parties going. Anyone who wants to play, add DarknessTear on PSN. I want to do some chain runs already!

Even though I have all 9 talismans on Infernal, I'm not strong enough to beat the Ancient Dragon.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Good God the Elf is so fucking fragile.

Getting frustrated when I'm trying to solo things. >:|

GutsOfThor

Is this going to be one of those hard to find games in a couple months? I want to play it but my backlog is at 8 games right now and I don't want to add to it. Looks like a blast to play!

OmegaZero

If you're having money issues, try to focus on appraising treasures ranked B or above. Sell the rest.
Also try to explore as much as possible. Treasure is everywhere.

Is this going to be one of those hard to find games in a couple months? I want to play it but my backlog is at 8 games right now and I don't want to add to it. Looks like a blast to play!

It won't be hard to find. Why? Because it's available digitally! It's also pretty small in filesize.

RangerBAD

Yikes. I guess that hacked Elf is staying as bones at the church until a patch can wipe her away.

Well, someone posted that you can do this:

1) Save.
2) Bury that one individually.
3) If you received a hacked item from them when doing so, reload.
4) When you don't receive a hacked item from them, save and proceed as normal.

Probably use the method at your own risk. Since I haven't got any hacked bones (that I know of). I don't have any hacked items either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Good God the Elf is so fucking fragile.

Getting frustrated when I'm trying to solo things. >:|
The flip side is that she has a lot of options. She gets infinite magic and her backstab is stupid high dps, and that's before you get to her knockback kicks. Of course, your problem will always be running out of arrows on bosses.

Giolon

Any consensus on what char is the most fun? I typically play as the warrior/fighter archetype but I'm flexible if others feel another class is just more entertaining.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any consensus on what char is the most fun? I typically play as the warrior/fighter archetype but I'm flexible if others feel another class is just more entertaining.
Everyone will have a different answer, but Elf. I tried going to the other characters and the game just slows down to a crawl.

Seil

So, I haven't seen much discussion about the Elf's Elemental Lore skill and I was basically ignoring its existence up until now. I only have one point in it and often forgot I had it because it just felt odd and almost pointless to use.

I've now learned that it's actually fairly interesting. I was going through the harpy then doom beetle for a couple of quests and decided to mess around with elemental lore just because. I then realized it was changing depending on the attacks the sorceress AI that jumped into my party was using. So I was like "Huh, so that's what causes that." I then began experimenting more. I noticed when I entered a watery area, a new color was spinning around me and gave it a go. Whirlpools.

So when I enter wallace's labyrinth, I decide to try something even crazier. I carried a torch with me and dropped it when battles began. Elemental lore becomes the fireball spell when you're around a torch or fire in general. I then proceeded to go through the whole dungeon and boss fight using almost solely elemental lore while carrying a torch around with me because it was so odd.

I dunno how viable the skill is in the longrun, but it's certainly strange and interesting. Especially if you have spellcasters around since that alters what you're able to use. I'll probably experiment with it further.

Sorry if this is common knowledge and I just overlooked it.

MooMoo

So, I haven't seen much discussion about the Elf's Elemental Lore skill and I was basically ignoring its existence up until now. I only have one point in it and often forgot I had it because it just felt odd and almost pointless to use.

I've now learned that it's actually fairly interesting. I was going through the harpy then doom beetle for a couple of quests and decided to mess around with elemental lore just because. I then realized it was changing depending on the attacks the sorceress AI that jumped into my party was using. So I was like "Huh, so that's what causes that." I then began experimenting more. I noticed when I entered a watery area, a new color was spinning around me and gave it a go. Whirlpools.

So when I enter wallace's labyrinth, I decide to try something even crazier. I carried a torch with me and dropped it when battles began. Elemental lore becomes the fireball spell when you're around a torch or fire in general. I then proceeded to go through the whole dungeon and boss fight using almost solely elemental lore while carrying a torch around with me because it was so odd.

I dunno how viable the skill is in the longrun, but it's certainly strange and interesting. Especially if you have spellcasters around since that alters what you're able to use. I'll probably experiment with it further.

I LOVE elemental lore. If you're on a shore/the very edge of the water it'll do a piercing homing (?) water attack. I can see why other people won't like it though; it's pretty counter-intuitive to how you would normally play the elf.

accidentally went into the final boss solo on my first run. got him down to like 25% health before dying, level 35 Dwarf on normal. Went back in with 3 AI partners, beat him pretty easily. I imagine its like this for everyone, but wow at these spoils!

HpGP8Km.jpg

Ultimadrago

Dwarf is some of the most fun I've had in a BTU (and I've played a lot of them). That said, I haven't played all the other characters. Though that means little to me because I simply can't go back from Dwarf.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Yeah, her magic adapts to whatever she's around. If you can work with a Wizard or Sorceress, "double team" the magic attacks. It's the one way she can do ice damage, at the very least.

Doing some reading, the one advantage is that it doesn't take anything to use magic. If you are doing chain runs, you will eventually run out of daggers unless you are lucky and get them from chests. Of course, it's fairly weak and you will want to get some INT boosting gear to help you boost its damage (One of the bows you get from Labyrinth of Chaos helps with that, but eventually you won't be able to use it in a long run).

Ultimadrago

Hey guys, I downloaded all of those unlockable artworks and put them into a Flickr gallery (spoilers obv) so they'll be available if they disappear from that other website.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15690672@N04/sets/72157635043606919/

I'm going to work on titling them and mentioning which quest they're associated with as I have time and discover them.

Additionally, I made a zip file if you want to download them all in one go.

http://www.radiantcg.com/neogaf/DragonsCrownUnlockableArt.zip

That's awesome of you! Have you spotted any of the NPC character pictures in hi-res, by chance? You know, the Path A/B people.

Kurod

Banned
Man, is it annoying to get in a random group on the Archdemon level and people whiz by the K door and run into the circle. That's two hidden rooms full of LOTS of goodies that get missed.

accidentally went into the final boss solo on my first run. got him down to like 25% health before dying, level 35 Dwarf on normal. Went back in with 3 AI partners, beat him pretty easily. I imagine its like this for everyone, but wow at these spoils!
Yeah it's pretty sweet. But only on the first win I think. The game is basically outfitting you for the next difficulty. Isn't it sweet?

Man, is it annoying to get in a random group on the Archdemon level and people whiz by the K door and run into the circle. That's two hidden rooms full of LOTS of goodies that get missed.
Yeah. What really grinds my gears is how other players can "pull" the screen and drag you along. I hate it. And it's even worse when you realize that George K was involved the Mystara games and STILL let this feature in.

In SoM, someone could enter a secret area cuz they KNEW that brain dead LOLMAGE MCYOLOSTEIN was gonna go the wrong way and screw everyone. Not sure why they didn't make it so everyone has to move in a direction in order to progress...

RangerBAD

HpGP8Km.jpg

Pretty sure he drops nothing but S ranked spoils.

MUSIC BY BASISCAPE!

This is the fucking perfect storm of sensory pleasures.

The music makes you think you're playing FFT or Tactics Ogre. It's a good feeling.

MooMoo

PSY・S;76099627 said:
Can I change my character's color after I choose it or am I stuck with it for the game?
You can change it. Just head back to the tavern > select character > triangle to edit all the details.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Can't believe I missed this game's launch.

Still not too late to join any of you folks in some online coop I hope? I play in Vita.

Hopefully I am not too late at this, gah v________v

Downloading from the PSN tonight, most probably.

Seil

Yeah, her magic adapts to whatever she's around. If you can work with a Wizard or Sorceress, "double team" the magic attacks. It's the one way she can do ice damage, at the very least.

Doing some reading, the one advantage is that it doesn't take anything to use magic. If you are doing chain runs, you will eventually run out of daggers unless you are lucky and get them from chests. Of course, it's fairly weak and you will want to get some INT boosting gear to help you boost its damage (One of the bows you get from Labyrinth of Chaos helps with that, but eventually you won't be able to use it in a long run).

I found the fireballs to do fairly decent damage despite only having one point in the skill, especially for free casts. Of course, the enemies were weak to fire... The default whirlwind never really caught my attention.

I'm specced for dagger use but I often don't use it. I either end up overlooking it or deciding it's not worth using up my limited supply at that point and it just ultimately doesn't get used. It's always great when I do use a dagger, though.

Once I'm in the 50s I'll probably play around with my build more and figure out what suits me best.

JokerAceX

So if you travel by gate
after you get the talismans is every dungeon you go to randomly chosen or do you go in order like when you take the horse?

maomaoIYP

I've played all of them. I find fighter and dwarf boring. I like Amazon and Sorceress the most. I have a love hate relationship with the Elf.

Hey guys, I downloaded all of those unlockable artworks and put them into a Flickr gallery (spoilers obv) so they'll be available if they disappear from that other website.

I'm going to work on titling them and mentioning which quest they're associated with as I have time and discover them.

Thanks for this, have it downloaded now in case the original link goes down.

MooMoo

I found the fireballs to do fairly decent damage despite only having one point in the skill, especially for free casts. Of course, the enemies were weak to fire... The default whirlwind never really caught my attention.

I'm specced for dagger use but I often don't use it. I either end up overlooking it or deciding it's not worth using up my limited supply at that point and it just ultimately doesn't get used. It's always great when I do use a dagger, though.

Once I'm in the 50s I'll probably play around with my build more and figure out what suits me best.
If you're short on arrows and have the time to stand still, spamming whirlwinds is a nice alternative. One alone is weak but if you can cast 3+ successively it's decent at taking down enemies.

I personally feel like I'm missing out on not using Salamander's Oil/Holdout Dagger/Backstab though. Gotta try them out when I get the chance.

Seil

If you're short on arrows and have the time to stand still, spamming whirlwinds is a nice alternative. One alone is weak but if you can cast 3+ successively it's decent at taking down enemies.

I personally feel like I'm missing out on not using Salamander's Oil/Holdout Dagger/Backstab though. Gotta try them out when I get the chance.

I use Salamander's Oil and Toxic Extract for bosses. Salamander's Oil definitely isn't leaving my build. Toxic Extract will probably remain, as well.

I don't use the dagger often enough to miss it right now, but I'm going to try to get more use out of it. I currently don't plan to invest much of anything in common. Evasion and Deep Pockets are all that really interest me there for the Elf.

Higher score means better loot? Should I use Trailblazer's Boon or Verna's Blessing?

I think you should just go with the score if you're leveling. Though i doubt it's anything to do with loot quality. Yesterday i had 5mil5 points in 1 adventure and the loot is pretty meh. Well, i'm trying to reach max level so i dont really care about loot yet, not until i'm lv99 =D.

lantus

Anyone have he issue where you click to continue the adventure online and get a black screen with looping sound? This is on Vita BTW.

if you're playing with friends online and after a dungeon run you go back to the Tavern, does it split everyone up so you have to rejoin each others' game when ready for battle again?

edit: also what happens if I'm on hard and they're on normal?

LadyRiven

Awesome! Thanks so much.

Top Bottom