• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

SCB3

Wait whats the bullshit? That first flashback with the Dragon (which I swear is straight up a remake of the scene from 1) I clearly got on top of him and stabbed up in the head! But no the cutscene killed me!

Kacho

Gold Member
Holy shit, the combat frequency is over the top. I just had a string of 5 attacks in the exact same spot, and when I moved 10 meters another 4 attacks! It's around every fucking corner.. Wtf, Idk, if this is the norm in the game Capcom needs to dial down the absolute ridiculousness of it. Most else about the game I really like.
It’s probably the adaptive difficulty being wonky.

Yerd

I played all night last night and then had to do some actual job stuff. But, now I'm back.

Last night I was exploring and collecting so much crap that I had myself and every pawn at very heavy. I spied a golem, this was probably around level 15-18, I forget. I'm playing archer. This was the most brutal fight I've played so far. The gear that I've found out and in shops has not been amazing, so I'm still running low level crap. I died one time to the golem. I got my health down so far that it would have been 1 hit of anything is a kill. But, I finally killed that SOB. Had to revive the thief pawn a couple times because the golem was probably way above our means. This was all in the vicinity of Vermund. I kept putting off using a ferrystone to get back. I started exploring even more, after the golem. Picking up way too much crap. I finally found an elven town. Everything is in a crazy language that can't be read. But, they weren't enemies, so I found the inn and based on the previous experience, I managed to find the storage and deposit all the junk. Bought a couple items that I can't read anything about. But, the numbers were better, that's all that matters.

Don't use a ferrystone in a cave I guess. I threw one up and it plopped on the ground and it says, you can't use that here. I don't remember that from the first game.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
From rags to riches, sneaking around the castle looking for evidence lol.
2iDEPi5.jpg
t6X9E2j.jpg

Just started playing today! So far pretty good but man, the facial animations are horrible. That in combination with the overall mediocre/dated graphics and stiff, weird dialogue make all interaction with humans feel somewhat dead.

Can't put my finger on it but something just feels off about it.

Not being able to lock-on to enemies takes some getting used to but I hope the game will click for me soon!

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
The game is great. Hard to put it down!
Just made it to the capital.
It’s very chaotic lol but in a good way.
Btw I wanted to name my female mage pawn titfa but ended with aertits. Now come think of it, titfa was way better

Last edited:

Ovech-King

I reached the first city in Vermund and holy shit wtf on the framerate on PC . It basically cut it in half or maybe more. Thankfully the game is 95% outside cities apparently

ssringo

How do I recognize which npcs have quests for me?
There's no marker as is typical so other than the obvious ones that run up to you there are others that tend to have little a dialogue to themselves as you're running around that give a hint that they might have something for you. "Oh no, what am I gonna do?" type things.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Watching Lobos play and he has a 4090 but forgoing raytracing. It looks so washed out.

Anyway, I'll never understand the graphics complaint, it's one of the prettiest games I've played. As far as open world games, only maybe Horizon is above it. RDR2, maybe. I think this looks worse and better in its own way.

Kacho

Gold Member
The warrior vocation is fucking ridiculous

Ducks Laughing GIF

Edit: I just killed a Minotaur doing a shoryuken with a claymore

Game of the generation locked in

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So it seems I can't unlock Sorcerer and Warrior. I looted the 2 chests before getting the quest, I most likely sold the greatsword and staff and now I'm screwed. I can't evolve my pawn into a wizard.
How was I supposed to know that I should have kept these 2 weapons? This cave was the first I explored, even before getting to the capital.

Fuck me, it's really frustrating.

Edit: yeah just like this

Last edited:
How was I supposed to know that I should have kept these 2 weapons?
You should keep all weapons, you don't really find a lot of them, but it shouldn't matter the quest is just there for an easy unlock, you can still find/buy them in the world/other vendors.

Topher

Gold Member
So it seems I can't unlock Sorcerer and Warrior. I looted the 2 chests before getting the quest, I most likely sold the greatsword and staff and now I'm screwed. I can't evolve my pawn into a wizard.
How was I supposed to know that I should have kept these 2 weapons? This cave was the first I explored, even before getting to the capital.

Fuck me, it's really frustrating.

Edit: yeah just like this

Yeah, same. I got the sword and then sold it. They should really lock quest items so they can't be sold.

KàIRóS

So I was fighting one of those new Minotaur enemies when suddenly a random Beastren pawn arrived and started helping, at first I didn't pay much attention on the pawn until we defeated the minotaur, I went ahead and talked to the pawn, turns out it was a Red XIII lookalike pawn from FFVII but the funny part is that at the time my party consisted of Yuffie my Main Pawn, Tifa and Aerith as the other two pawns and my super bad rendition of Cloud as the Arisen, frickin FFVII party reunited in DD2 :messenger_tears_of_joy: I think I laughed a good 10 minutes when the "bruh" moment hit me, this game can be so goddamn funny in the most random ways.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
You should keep all weapons, you don't really find a lot of them, but it shouldn't matter the quest is just there for an easy unlock, you can still find/buy them in the world/other vendors.
I'm not asking for a message saying "HEY DON'T SELL THIS WEAPON BECAUSE IT'S IMPORTANT" but at least they could reset those 2 chests just once when you pick the quest so you don't waste 2 hours traveling to the cave and searching in every freakin corner for nothing. I swear it drove me crazy I was like WTF did I'm missing there? That's a shitty quest design, period and the amount of people getting soft-lock is telling. Also how much ae those weapons gonna cost me? All my hard earned gold?

Now let's waste more time going back to the capital to travel to the ONLY ONE merchant selling those weapons. Because yeah I ended up looking online even if I hate to do this. Yeah I'm angry.

Topher Topher if you wanna know where to go: head back to the capital, then find the Checkpoint Rest Town Oxcart Station => travel => go to Celeste's Smithy and buy the weapons.

Last edited:
I swear it drove me crazy I was like WTF did I'm missing there? That's a shitty quest design, period and the amount of people getting soft-lock is telling. Also how much ae those weapons gonna cost me? All my hard earned gold?
I guess that's a bit annoying, but you aren't soft-locked, just move on and you'll get the weapons later; and no they don't cost that much.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I guess that's a bit annoying, but you aren't soft-locked, just move on and you'll get the weapons later; and no they don't cost that much.
Not that much?? Sorry but 30 900 gold is maybe not that much for you but for me at this point it's all I have. In fact I'm gonna skip the greatsword for now as I can't afford it

Sans_titre.png

Sans_titre2.png

I want my main pawn to be a Sorcerer so I'm fucked I have to use all my gold to this bullshit. I'm so salty right now because I'm pretty sure I sold those weapons for 1K each.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I had one of those moments where I fought an ogre and a Griffith with 3 random people standing on the road with my 3 pawns. Griffith flies away for some reason and these wisps are all around me and the ogre. It felt like something out of Berserk. Fight took a long time. Then I went all the way back to town and purchased/upgraded 10k armor. Now I am feeling like a badass. You go from rags to riches. It just takes endurance and patience.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Yes not that much, there's other vendors in the world with cheaper stuff.
No matter what you say, you wont change my mind that it's a stupid quest design. And I'm not gonna wait to be at the endgame to have my pawn play as a Sorcerer. Anyway, enough vent for tonight.

No matter what you say, you wont change my mind that it's a stupid quest design. And I'm not gonna wait to be at the endgame to have my pawn play as a Sorcerer. Anyway, enough vent for tonight.
I'm not even trying to change your mind, I said it was annoying, but just move on and play the game, you'll get the weapons before long, perhaps even without spending and gold. And to play sorceror you'll want augments from different vocations anyway, like subtlety from thief.

I'm not asking for a message saying "HEY DON'T SELL THIS WEAPON BECAUSE IT'S IMPORTANT" but at least they could reset those 2 chests just once when you pick the quest so you don't waste 2 hours traveling to the cave and searching in every freakin corner for nothing. I swear it drove me crazy I was like WTF did I'm missing there?
I don’t get the problem.

If someone gave me a quest to get a sword from a cave, and I knew that I already got the sword from the cave and trashed it, I would know to not bother looking for that sword.

Someone mentioned that the quest giver explicitly says there are other ways to find the sword. Did we skip that dialogue?

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
I'm not even trying to change your mind, I said it was annoying, but just move on and play the game, you'll get the weapons before long, perhaps even without spending and gold. And to play sorceror you'll want augments from different vocations anyway, like subtlety from thief.
I have the weapon now. I just think it's (very) badly designed. And no I'm not gonna wait to stumble on a weapon I need because as you said you don't loot many weapons so it could take me more than 10 hours. Maybe 15? For example in 17 hours I did not loot any staff or greatsword. Who know if I'm missing the chest that have those weapons? Anyway I moved on, but somehow I need to justify myself here as to why I think it's stupid despite being quite logical imo.

I don’t get the problem.

If someone gave me a quest to get a sword from a cave, and I knew that I already got the sword from the cave and trashed it, I would know to not bother looking for that sword.

Someone mentioned that the quest giver explicitly says there are other ways to find the sword. Did we skip that dialogue?
He is not really saying it, he says "you need to get those weapons on your own" and then tells you about the cave. Nothing more. So logically you go to the place with a big yellow point on your map right? To find those weapons and start searching. Except the chest was already open so I lost quite some time for nothing, not understanding what I was missing. I mean I wrote that already.

At that time, I had not made the connection between the 2 weapons that I had looted during my second hour of play and the quest I took after 17 hours. And because I'm not a Dragon's Dogma expert I did not pay attention to the class of the weapon (nor understand it at that time). So now I sold those 2 weapons and I had to buy the staff for 14K. It's just bad design. If you don't see the problem good for you but me and plenty of other people (judging by the number of people talking about that) see a problem in this. Some have abandoned and many skipped the class they wanted to play because of this.

Top Bottom