• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
PS5 framerate has been surprisingly decent so far. I think it’s fucking gorgeous. Leave it to the Japs to nail that western take on dark fantasy nowadays. Between this and Souls they have it so down 🙌🏻

MzKaDae.jpg
but you've been told it's ugly and runs like shit! what are you doing having fun ?!!!!
/s

Draugoth

Gold Member
This game could have been GOTY, we were this close to perfection.

I was in a cave doing a vocation quest when a group of goblins tried to ambush me, i was mauling them and one of them got desperate, picked a explosive barrel and tried to throw at me, but he ended up hitting another barrel and he exploded him and his friends flying into the air, it was glorious.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

The gameplay/combat looks lit. But I only have potato pc and PS5. I wonder if it looks that good in ps5

It looks good on PS5, although I guess it depends how sensitive you are to frame-rate.

The odd part is I feel like I found the frame-rate more distracting in FFXVI even though I'm pretty sure that it was much more stable in that game.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Pawn mentions a chest out of reach, I look at it, yep that's out of reach.
Other pawn says she can get it, I press 'go', bitch proceeds to parkour up a ledge and levitates to the chest like it ain't shit.
Animated GIF

I was trying to get to a chest inside the house and my pawn somehow managed to use the grab mechanic to get inside the open window and open it for the item. Their AI is crazy good

Last edited:

Ogbert

Gold Member
Just watched 'Worth A Buy's review. He said that you need to purchase a microtransaction to have more than one save file.

Is that true?

That's fucking outrageous if so.

Kacho

Gold Member
For anyone playing on PC: Change your DD2 priority to High in Task Manager.

You could see some FPS gains. This normally doesn't work for games, but in this case give it a shot.

Also, don't have the shadows setting set to max.
Interesting. I’ll try that. I should probably shut my 20 Chrome tabs.

NeoLed

It looks good on PS5, although I guess it depends how sensitive you are to frame-rate.

The odd part is I feel like I found the frame-rate more distracting in FFXVI even though I'm pretty sure that it was much more stable in that game.
Yeah, I'll just wait for some optimization patch and finish my 7Rebirth first. Hoping 60 and 30 fps might give me nausea

Kacho

Gold Member
Out of curiosity, can you have more than one save file then?
Nope. There’s only one currently.

The bigger issues is not being able to start a new game. Capcom said they’re looking into adding that feature.

“The option of starting a new game
We are looking at adding a feature to the Steam version of the game that will allow players that are already playing to restart the game. We will announce more details as soon as we can.”

Ogbert

Gold Member
Nope. There’s only one currently.

The bigger issues is not being able to start a new game. Capcom said they’re looking into adding that feature.

“The option of starting a new game
We are looking at adding a feature to the Steam version of the game that will allow players that are already playing to restart the game. We will announce more details as soon as we can.”
Ah - ok.

Well his review is wrong then. He's stating that you can purchase an extra slot with in game currency.

Ah - ok.

Well his review is wrong then. He's stating that you can purchase an extra slot with in game currency.
You should probably avoid reviewers who lie.

You should try the game yourself. It's literally free to play for two hours on PC.

My real opinion is that if you need a reviewer to tell you if you should play a game or not, you should just not play the game. You undoubtedly have many, many other unplayed games.

You can start a new game. I did it on PS5. You simply delete your existing save game (outside of the game). The game will create a new save file the next time you start.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Interesting. I’ll try that. I should probably shut my 20 Chrome tabs.
I pretty much have to do this in capcom games because they allocated the vram based on what’s open at the time. My 3080 allocates only 8.5 gb because other apps like dwm.exe use some of it. I had crashes in re4 every time it went over the limit because their engine can’t gracefully push to system ram.

But you have a 4090 so those chome tabs shouldn’t matter.

Kacho

Gold Member
I pretty much have to do this in capcom games because they allocated the vram based on what’s open at the time. My 3080 allocates only 8.5 gb because other apps like dwm.exe use some of it. I had crashes in re4 every time it went over the limit because their engine can’t gracefully push to system ram.

But you have a 4090 so those chome tabs shouldn’t matter.
Nah I'm using a 4070ti. The GPU equivalent of a sensible family sedan.

KàIRóS

Just watched 'Worth A Buy's review. He said that you need to purchase a microtransaction to have more than one save file.

Holy shit that's reason enough to unsub right there, the amount of lies around this game are getting ridiculous, but you know what I'm kinda glad this is happening, we can finally see all these double faced people in the industry, one day they are praising the game and the other day they are trashing it simply because it's the trending topic that will get them views.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Holy shit, fighting a chimera at level 17 and it's giving me a nice challenge, they sure buffed them for the sequel. The goat specially, those magicks hit hard.

Spyxos

Gold Member
Just like with the first game, I have problems getting into it. I chose a Mage and it plays rather boring and sluggish. The world and the graphics are below average. The game has not been translated to my native language and I find it difficult to follow the conversations. Maybe there's a good game in there somewhere, but I just don't see it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just like with the first game, I have problems getting into it. I chose a Mage and it plays rather boring and sluggish. The world and the graphics are below average. The game has not been translated to my native language and I find it difficult to follow the conversations. Maybe there's a good game in there somewhere, but I just don't see it.
Mage is a support vocation, so if it feels boring try something else. You can change you vocation at inns and pawn guilds.

Reactions: Isa
I did the full griffin battle again and recorded it this time, uploading it to YT for anyone who wants to take a peek.
It wasn't as epic as the first time I did it because a lot of other crazy emergent battle shit happened then that I would rather avoid for the recording, but I left a hint in the vid description; but man this battle alone makes the entire thing GOTY status.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Some of the animations here are super cool. I was semi parkouring up some rocks and occasionally I’d do an auto front flip to get to the higher ledge.

Got gangbanged hard by some goblins earlier. Need to get myself a mage. Found a camping kit and felt like such a baller.

The game also does a great job at mimicking today’s economy. $1000 for one night at an inn 😂 go fuck yourself

Last edited:

BossLackey

Gold Member
The braindead dogpiling this game is getting is so fucking stupid.

It legitimately looks like 90% of it is a game of telephone where someone sees the negativity and just copies and pastes those thoughts.

Game is faaaaaaaar from perfect, but the hypocrisy regarding the MTX is insane. Not to mention, so many Capcom singleplayer games have this exact same MTX strategy. Convenience stuff for lazy people. Literally all of it is easily obtainable, yet people act like it's pay to win. I heard no such qualms when MHW or MH Rise released.

The performance isn't ideal, though it's luckily a stable 60+ @ 1440p for me on PC.

All that being said, I've had more fun in the first 5 hours than the first 20 hours of FFVII Rebirth. By a lot...

TintoConCasera

Saw a cave I wasn't able to reach, used the command "Go!" and my fighter pawn used his shield to launch me there. Good stuff, I'm loving all the pawn improvements so far.

Also, killed a wight, but my pawn got no medal out of it. Aren't there medals for all the big enemies?

BossLackey

Gold Member
Saw a cave I wasn't able to reach, used the command "Go!" and my fighter pawn used his shield to launch me there. Good stuff, I'm loving all the pawn improvements so far.

Also, killed a wight, but my pawn got no medal out of it. Aren't there medals for all the big enemies?
I believe medals come from defeating a set amount of them. Which they can do with other players if hired. I wanna say 10 kills, but that might differ between enemies.

BossLackey

Gold Member
The quests have been kinda jank. Getting in trouble without realizing it. I was killed by a bunch of nuns for no reason. I get the sense of realism, but still.

What I like about this game and the original, is that there are all these disparate systems that can conflict and cause extreme jank, but also extremely cool and organic situations.

But yeah, it can definitely be frustrating when stuff like this happens.

Draugoth

Gold Member
The only thing that held this game down for GOTY was the small scope and performance, because the gameplay is incredible.

TintoConCasera

I'm loving the game, just reached Vermund after 18 hours of playing (been exploring a lot + I lost the dude I had to follow and had to go back almost to Melve in orser to find him again) and I think this game has the potential of being my favorite game ever. Runs and looks pretty nice on my system, and so far it's been harder than the first game which was way too easy. Not super hard or anything but at least kinda challenging at times.

The only thing that held this game down for GOTY was the small scope and performance, because the gameplay is incredible.
small scope? guess you mean the enemy variety? yeah that kinda sucks, guess we'll have to wait until DD3 for that (unless they make a DLC)

DavidGzz

Gold Member
I wonder how long until I can fuck with a drake. I'm level 25 and had to let it kill me because it was going to take too long to kill and that was after I had already hit him with a ballista that took one of his bars. I immediately regretted fucking with him after he had killed an Ogre. I shot him and he hit me with a lightning spell that almost killed me on its own. I got the revive two pawns at once achievement so it wasn't for naught. Lol

Top Bottom