• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

bender

What time is it?
Only took a couple of minutes for me
9c8b6b51-a486-4205-94a5-f33dd09b99f5_text.gif

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
I have waited so long… but I’m considering going to sleep and playing in the morning. If I stay up, I might stay up too late, be tired, and then ruined for tomorrow. This is, hilariously, actually a difficult decision.
I got work tomorrow but it’s later in the day; so do I try to nap even when I don’t feel tired, then play the game for 5 hours or so, and try to go back to sleep, or stay up till I’m tired play as much as I can till I pass out? Which one will result in me being less sleep fucked the next day?

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
i almost can't believe it after all these years, but here i am, just about to click on "play"..Dragon's Dogma II.
Cheers
I remember picking up the original on day one and being hyped mainly because it was the only major game at that time right after the annual Christmas drought, I really wasn’t expecting much but ended up getting my socks blown off.

It really was a sleeper hit, nobody seemed to know what it was..

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
PSA: You can pause cut scenes.
This is obviously a dirty trick to get me to hit a button to skip a cutscene….

😜

That is one thing I remember hating in the original; hit the start button thinking it’ll pause…nope skips the whole cutscene.

And thanks for the PSA.

Last edited:

ssringo

So if you, like me, didn't pay attention when using the character creator and kept making characters you can't pick which one to use in the main game. So launch the creator again and make sure the ones you want for you and your pawn are chosen.

Restart #1

Topher

Gold Member
I’m out in the world now. Wonder when the performance issues kick in. Currently in the 80s and 90s frame rate

Last edited:

MastAndo

I’m out in the world now. Wonder when the performance issues kick in….
You've got a 2080 Ti right? What resolution/settings are you running at?

Keep us posted. I've got a 2080 Super (and an i7-12700) and as long as I can run it at 1440p/60-ish with some decent graphical bells & whistles, I'm in.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
So if you, like me, didn't pay attention when using the character creator and kept making characters you can't pick which one to use in the main game. So launch the creator again and make sure the ones you want for you and your pawn are chosen.

Restart #1
I got my side-kick and she likes to ’hit’:

IuLCrSm.jpg

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Compiling shaders is taking its sweet ass time.

Also I did a reboot of my PC a little bit ago and had a mini heart attack. Apparently my USB hub was preventing it from starting correctly. Thought my Mobo was going bad.

Ferdimage

Anyone from Australia purchased DD2 from CDKeys.com?
I'm getting an invalid purchase not available in this country when imputing the Steam code.

The page says it can be activated in Australia

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Out in the world for a bit, made it to that first town area.

Performance report:

CPU (7800X3D) - Hovers around 55-63% utilization, 65-68C, 65-ish watts
GPU (4090) - 67-70% or so utilization, but it has spiked to 98-99% here and there
RAM - Sitting at around 21 GB used (Windows 11 Pro)

FPS is definitely spikey here and there. Generally sticks to 111+ but I've seen momentary drops down to 65-ish

Anyone from Australia purchased DD2 from CDKeys.com?
I'm getting an invalid purchase not available in this country when imputing the Steam code.

The page says it can be activated in Australia
That's a risk from ordering from places like CDKeys, you'll probably have to contact their support since it seems you were sent a wrong key, or they didn't source any keys for your region.

Ferdimage

That's a risk from ordering from places like CDKeys, you'll probably have to contact their support since it seems you were sent a wrong key, or they didn't source any keys for your region.
Thanks mate, submitted a ticket.
Waited 1.5 hours for them to send the key only to be surprised, never had issues with previous purchases, unlucky on this one I guess.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
4k. Max settings. RT on high. 3080. Getting above 70 fps just about everywhere. Did get a dip in town to 45 fps for a pinch.

Game runs great so far.

Comandr

I'll pitch in on performance.

13900ks, 3090.

Everything at 4K max, RT on. Framerate usually sticks around 60 until you start panning around. Shadows seem largely responsible. Turning shadows down more or less locks the framerate. Reminds me of MHW where Volumetric Rendering had an enormous FPS cost. The difference between low shadows and max shadows seems negligible for the most part. Will play around with it some more.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Game is absolutely NOT ready for PC; this is absurd. Something tells me the MIXED reviews on STEAM are going to get worse.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
This is amazing. My Arisen looks so much like me it's crazy. I made my daughter as my main pawn. The animations are awesome when you finish an enemy off. Love the music so far too. The graphics are beautiful. Looks like the first game my fucking ass.

Locked 60 with zero dips so far 1440p with Ray tracing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom