• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Can't. I'm guessing it's a thing to kick. I'm wishing I took mage first like I usually do, for levitate. I have been hesitant to go very far from these early quests. Seem like I need to get to a certain point before I go trapsing about.

For anyone new to DD. You can grab harpies in the air, if you can reach them.

If you're afraid of dying from being underleveled, don't worry about it. I saved up about 22k, bought close to the best armor and weapons, gave my main pawn the lightning buff spell, and I am making quick work of ogres.

You can grab harpies, but they will keep flying, slowly, while you hang by their legs. Maybe if you made a really big character, they will go down with you? Idk about that.

So, it's a small thing but I love that dead bodies stay instead of fading into nothing like in the first game. You can keep slashing them and even climb them.

Like this.
ppgF2h3.jpg

IAmRei

I wait for PS5 version to stock the games locally. Seems people here doesnt know about this game :'( i dont want to buy digital... Welp, i guess i will need to wait

GymWolf

Gold Member
for those already playing: how is the difficulty in general? Are there different options?
No difficulty option, the game has a system that make the game harder or easier depend on how you play but after listening some feedback, the game seems easier than the first one (that was already easy to break) so it's probably nowhere near souls\nioh\gow level of challenge with probably some spikes here and there.

The first 10-15 are usually the hardest.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
I wanted to know if I could cross this stream, you could see the bottom, but it was at the edge of a waterfall and the water was rushing, I sent my pawns forward, the thief jumped right in and died. I lived.

Sakura

Game is running good for me, solid 60FPS (I set it to cap at 60), though I haven't gotten to the big city yet.
I would've liked some actual ray tracing options though, as it seems to be only for light? Shadows aren't ray traced and neither are reflections.
I also don't like the camera movement. It seems to auto zoom in and stuff when I am running around, but I prefer to have control over the camera, and I don't think there is an option to disable it (I already turned off the auto camera stuff).
Game is pretty fun so far though.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Man, this game is so bad ass! So I'm heading towards the capital, and a fuckin' troll comes out of the woods, barreling into one of my pawns! We start trying to kill the bastard, but I'm barely doing any damage, so I decide to run...

Can you actually run far enough to evade enemies? Probably a mile down the road and he's still on my ass! I decide to fight. I turn around and I've managed to pick up a group of 4 goblins, 2 harpies, and a whole herd of wild bulls/cows/whatever! Craziness ensues, the troll is tossing people and doing epic ass slams that blow down the grass in a 50' radius. Cows are charging, goblins are doing their thing, it was pandalerium!

I finally managed to kill all the adds, and got to work on the troll. Took forever, but we took him down! I love this game!

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Optimization: a mess.
Graphics: kinda meh.
Game: fun as hell.
Sleep schedule: absolutely fucked up.

Ended up going to sleep at 4:30 AM. Didn't even make it up to Melve, instead I took a different road. Found some minimedals seeker tokens, set up camp and cook some tasty looking meat, broke a bridge by accident while fighting some goblins and died to a cyclops with just two strikes of his club.
The bad optimization is kind of souring the experience a little bit, but still, I'm having a ton of fun. Not super impressed with the game so far I'd say, but I'm content.

Also, what a surprise at the start of the game with the guest appearance of Rook!.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
I feel bad for people having frame rate issues. This game performs better for me than Elden Ring. Rock solid. I'll know for sure in a couple of weeks, but this may be better overall than Elden Ring for me. It's been a fucking blast. I knew Dragon's Dogma 1 had the potential to outshine Souls for me and Capcom did it with the sequel. 1 was just missing the magic despite being really good.

My favorite fight so far was against a horny troll who took off with a woman, glad he stopped to molest her so that I could catch up. It was just epic. Nothing like hanging onto a large creatures neck to stab the fuck out of their head.

11 hours in and I've stuck with fighter. Only halfway through the vocation leveling. I'm having so much fun I haven't felt the need to change vocations yet. They really fleshed the moves out to where I don't miss a dodge. I have a spinning get out of getting combo'd move and the hind slash that rolls back to dodge only to lunge forward with a backhand slash. I love all of the moves so much. They are so smooth and satisfying.

I had to pull myself away cause I definitely wanted to keep playing. Time to finally sleep.
Have fun guys.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Found a seeker token in the border guard outpost after doing some slight parkour. :messenger_sunglasses:

Glad to see that's still in. Searching every corner in DD1 and being able to find so many secrets and chest was one of mt fav things in that game.

Spyxos

Gold Member
What is a good height for a Mage? As I understand it, mage should be as small as possible. So that he can cast the magic faster?

I wanted to know if I could cross this stream, you could see the bottom, but it was at the edge of a waterfall and the water was rushing, I sent my pawns forward, the thief jumped right in and died. I lived.
I dunno if it works the same, but in the first game if a pawn dies, they are sent back with a bad review; try not to kill pawns ;p

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I am absolutely LOVING this. That said, the performance on PS5 is truly horrid. Like, ghastly. Probably exacerbated by playing on a big OLED. I do not care. I think this is the only time I will ever say that in my life.

I am absolutely LOVING this. That said, the performance on PS5 is truly horrid. Like, ghastly. Probably exacerbated by playing on a big OLED. I do not care. I think this is the only time I will ever say that in my life.
It won't deter me, but just how bad is it? I'm going to be picking it up this morning for PS5 and just need a little fore-warning. Still looking forward to diving in and playing so hopefully Capcom tightens up the graphics on level two.

Kacho

Gold Member
“Ghastly” 😂

TintoConCasera

Just felled my first cyclops! They seem more agressive and dangerous than in the first game, my hired archer pawn was downed like 3 times during the fight.

Also, pretty cool to fight at night. All the effects from magic to dust to the grass moving look amazing.

Yerd

If you're afraid of dying from being underleveled, don't worry about it. I saved up about 22k, bought close to the best armor and weapons, gave my main pawn the lightning buff spell, and I am making quick work of ogres.

It's not that. It feels to me like I'm still in the tutorial quests, or intro quests. I just got Vermund. I'm going to talk to this guy about a thing and then maybe that might be my queue to go galivanting.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Not being able to select "new game" on the menu must be one of the weirdest things I've seen in any game, ever. :messenger_grinning_sweat:
So I realized my pawn’s elf ears clip through all the helms. :/ So I had to delete my save data off the console (including all the button remaps) and restart just to fix it. Oh well, wasn’t too far. Pawn needed to be fixed.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Got to Vermund, the first truly large city, and that’s where fps lives at 45fps on a 3080 on max settings. It’s consistent though and isn’t stuttering so there’s that.

This once again for me seems like too much game. It’s like BG3- exploring and going everywhere is rewarded. However, you can feel overwhelmed with how intricate a cave ends up being. The game doesn’t stop you to just go run south for example all you want as far as I can tell, and with the lack of fast travel and how much things weigh it makes that exploring somewhat a chore.

This is because of the weight system. It sucks in fallout, starfield, elder scrolls, and it sucks even more here. If they had money I could spend to give me 1,000 golden scarabs I’d give them $20 IRL. It’s shit and I fucking hate it.

Combat. The things we see in videos looks cool but the enemies I’ve fought, aside from bosses, are jokes. As a fighter things feel punchy but the combat doesn’t feel satisfying. I’m not sure why. I’m hoping as I try warrior later today it gets better.

Pawn system is great. Trading them in and out etc is right on. Issue? Back to weight. I go throw items on a pawn that isn’t my primary, they die, and goodbye items. “Go revive them using this rare stone” nah I’m good. Keep the items I’ll go recruit a new pawn.

Music. All good tunes. Voice acting all well done. Visuals maxed out I like how it looks. Big ups to seeing goblin eyes glow red in the dark to get a little spooked they are there.

Lastly, story presentation has been done well and better than the original.

All around a 7/10 for me so far.

Interfectum

It went back down lol
It's going to keep going up and down as long as the MTX convo stays in the zeitgeist. Now that Capcom has responded, people know they are looking at reviews so expect more negative reviews in the near term. I would fully expect it to go mixed and above in a week or two.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I can tolerate the framerate, no biggie. As long as this shit just doesnt break on me Ill be sound as a pound. I need something to really sink my teeth into.
Just dive in. Game will reward you in exploring for countless hours.

There’s 240 some coins you can find in the game, and they are HIDDEN as all hell. Good luck without a guide.

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
Just dive in. Game will reward you in exploring for countless hours.

There’s 240 some coins you can find in the game, and they are HIDDEN as all hell. Good luck without a guide.

I feel like a guide would totally ruin this kind of experience, like if you used one for Elden Ring or BOTW.

I wanna go in blind and get that sense of wonder and all that

Topher

Gold Member
I can tolerate the framerate, no biggie. As long as this shit just doesnt break on me Ill be sound as a pound. I need something to really sink my teeth into.

I'm ok with the frame rate as long as it is only like this in the cities where combat isn't happening.

If I ever needed a reminder as to why I hate 30fps, I'll just find a city in DD2. That'll do it.

Top Bottom