• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

BennyBlanco

aka IMurRIVAL69
13700k and a 4090. I was getting 90-110 fps with dlss quality for the whole intro area but as soon as i got to the capital city it dips into the 50s. Seems like a bug.

Topher

Gold Member
jfc the combat is so good

pass-out-passing-out.gif

I'm loving it. Archer class is pretty awesome.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Finally copied my characters over from PS5 version. Why the hell couldn't they use a code system...

So far getting a range of 70 to 100 fps.

nikos

I've never seen DLSS look this bad. Tried a newer version via techpowerup and it made no difference. Seems broken, but it does offer a large performance boost.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
What's it like? The footage I've seen made it look really repetitive. Is there more to it that point and shoot?

It's still early but there are different kinds of arrows to mix things up a bit. I'm really just enjoying the shooting mechanic so far but yeah.....just point and shoot at this point.

I've never seen DLSS look this bad. Tried a newer version via techpowerup and it made no difference. Seems broken, but it does offer a large performance boost.

It sucks. Just a blurry mess. I'm going to try just reducing rez and run without upscaling until they patch it.

Last edited:

nikos

It's still early but there are different kinds of arrows to mix things up a bit. I'm really just enjoying the shooting mechanic so far but yeah.....just point and shoot at this point.

It sucks. Just a blurry mess. I'm going to try just reducing rez and run without upscaling until they patch it.

I've only tested it for a couple of minutes, but Dynamic Resolution still keeps things sharp and increases performance. Not something I'd ever think about enabling but it may work out for now.

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Ah okay. Yeah I saw you can kinda parkour around and stuff, but most of what I see is very Legolas.

Which is fine, but I don't know if I would like that after several hours of doing it.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Yeah, I turned off DLSS, this game looks soooo clean without it. Still 70-80 fps. I turned Vsync off, not seeing any tearing on my OLED

R6Rider

Gold Member
I currently have FSR on at Ultra Performance. May turn it off and lower resolution. Currently at 1440p.

At Melve now and getting around 65 fps. I have some other graphical settings turned lower and Ray Tracing is off.

Definitely lots of shimmering on grass and finer details when panning the camera. Fairly blurry, but not horribly so.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
lol All this 30 fps hysteria and my trusty 11700k is running this game mostly at 60 fps with some drops to 55 fps in the first two towns. DLSS quality with all settings maxed out RT on using a 3080. I seem to be GPU bound even in towns.

Game looks very nice to me. I dont know what it is but i really like the lighting and grass. Characters look really nice in cutscenes. The biggest sore spot is the reflections. the large bodies of water just completely break with ssr. i dont understand why ssr is being used in these games. go back to ps3 era reflections. they looked better than this trash. Overall, its no horizon or even ff7 or witcher 3, but i like the art direction and lighting a lot. Shame shodows are too flickery in trees even maxed out.

Game is fun. I dont like how often the cutscenes interrupt you but its the intro and they need some world building so whatever.

I accidently made my character trans. No idea when it defaulted to a female voice but thankfully he only groans and moans and is otherwise a mute protagonist. please tell me i can change this somehow.

I am still very early on but i can feel the game will be something special. I didnt get this feeling with other games in the genre. this feels new and fresh. lack of dodge is hard but different. i love my mage waifu coming in for the save. so glad i picked her over other vocations.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Spent night with a pawn called GigaChad and looked the part. High fiving him

GOTY

Magic archers were OP in first game and look to again be OP in this one. The ricochet arrows and how they have light arrows to not only light the way, but also do insane damage to undead in dungeons and at night, seems like a safe vocation.

Picked fighter to bonk things with heavy swords. I played DG1 like 3 times. Likely to do many classes again.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
People review bombing for the in game purchases with real money. Resident Evil has the same shit, and it was never bombed, or was it?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
game getting solid reviews on MC at 87 score across 58 reviews. So despite all the talk lately about performance the critics like it

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
People review bombing for the in game purchases with real money. Resident Evil has the same shit, and it was never bombed, or was it?

If live-service games can get shit on for having cosmetic DLC, then a single-player game with gameplay DLC is fair game.

. . .and the reviews would probably be a bit less salty if it weren't for the technical issues; the MTX is just the icing on the turd sandwhich. Which is unfortunate because the game is good so far (though the UI is a mess, even if it is better than DD1).

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
game getting solid reviews on MC at 87 score across 58 reviews. So despite all the talk lately about performance the critics like it
I have a feeling a lot of the complaints are from the people who think anything under 60fps is utterly unplayable.

Also if you look at the negative steam reviews you have many people grandstanding over MTXs being in the game.

Should I get this?

Was gonna pre order, then decided to wait for reviews. Now am even more confused.

If not this i will start my BG 3 play through.

Played all the way to getting to vermund, I love everything about this.
BennyBlanco BennyBlanco 's pawn waving at me to show me the way, high fiving after a battle, and gathering all kinds of stuff to give to me feels so much alive than the first game.
Also I dunno what people are mewling about, this game looks so much better than the first one it's kinda crazy, all the animation improvements, model complexity, beautiful VFX, draw distances, physics based animations when things go flying (including me after the medusa thing tossed me), the pawn rift opening seamlessly in the world itself are all such a massive upgrade; grigori looked amazing in the flashback, the griffin looked striking and full of character as well.
In classic DD fashion a harpy sang me to sleep on the edge of a cliff, my pawn woke me up and then she plummeted to her death into the brine not even halfway to getting to vermund...ah good old brine.
The executions are dope too and everything feels so much more alive.

Performance is indeed spotty, 40s in vermund with some load stutters, but outside of that it's 60 and 50s in combat, but I'm still having a blast so whatever, it can only improve from here on out.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
First encounter with harpies as thief and I kinda wish I had gone as a mage.

I thought the same starting with a fighter until I unlocked Airward slash. It's so satisfying to knock them out of the air with it. Before that I would just stay away from being below them so that they don't put me to sleep and let my archer and mage pawn knock them down before finishing them off. It's simple.

iCodec

Whoever's idea it was to not only lock the camera to the main character in photo mode but slightly offset it as well with no control deserves a knuckle sandwich.

Dragons-Dogma-2-Screenshot-2024-03-21-23-47-15-44-1.png

Dragons-Dogma-2-Screenshot-2024-03-21-23-48-40-96.png

Last edited:

TIGERCOOL

Anyone tried lossless scaling frame gen? If you can hold close to 60 it seems great so far with little artefacting. The camp held a solid (generated) 120fps for me. Could push it higher I think but I'd prefer to keep it stable.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Idk if there is a glitch with DLSS(I am not using it) but the capital city is 55-60 fps, not 40 or lower. I did end up turning Vsync back on. Locked 60 in combat and only 55-60 in the big city. Perfect. It all looks so good. Also, I found a guy who sells the art of metamorphosis for 500 RC so anyone spending real money is goofy as hell. I also had one in my storage for free already.

Little things like the sound effect when you come out of a body of water(dripping sounds) and the animations for walking stairs are awesome too and I was surprised to see them in an open world fantasy game. Even high budget games like Ghost of Tshushima skimped in that regard.

Last edited:

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Pro tip: if you‘re a thief and have a spot that’s too high to jump; use Helm Splitter then hit A (Xbox) X (PS) and you can cancel out of the attack roll and grab the edge.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Pro tip: if you‘re a thief and have a spot that’s too high to jump; use Helm Splitter then hit A (Xbox) X (PS) and you can cancel out of the attack roll and grab the edge.

I couldn't reach a couple ledges and was pissed with my fighter. That's nice, I may have to come back as a thief but I just spend all my gold on upgrades for the fighter so it will have to wait, no biggie.

Anyone know if you can shoot those ladders(they are folded up on some ledges) down with an archer?

DavidGzz

Gold Member
So, I just tested DLSS out. I chose ultra performance and gained no frames at all. With no DLSS 55-60 fps and the same with it on and it looks much worse. Must be some kind of tech issue Capcom can probably solve eventually.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
OK, doesn't sound too bad on PC. Think I'll buy it to stream this weekend. On my quest to 200 twitch followers lol. Might help haha

Yerd

I couldn't reach a couple ledges and was pissed with my fighter. That's nice, I may have to come back as a thief but I just spend all my gold on upgrades for the fighter so it will have to wait, no biggie.

Anyone know if you can shoot those ladders(they are folded up on some ledges) down with an archer?
Can't. I'm guessing it's a thing to kick. I'm wishing I took mage first like I usually do, for levitate. I have been hesitant to go very far from these early quests. Seem like I need to get to a certain point before I go trapsing about.

For anyone new to DD. You can grab harpies in the air, if you can reach them.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
serious wish Capcom gave this game better developers. Had multiple issues already in 3 hours of play. Pawns died by glitching through walls, characters feel floaty and jumping is sus as hell, (no lock on) half my attacks are on rocks, wish we could zoom out a little 4 people running in my view blocking everything from view. One quest had me supposing to throw some dynamite on some eggs and i ran into the barrels and they all blew up. Somehow the quest was completed yet I was way away from the other objective.

I know the old game had issues but I really expected a more polished experience and tighter experience for the second game.

Still going to play but hope some patches are coming fast

Will say a had a few laughs and wasn’t able to reach some spots but I picked up my pawns and threw them etc and it worked lol.

Last edited:
Pretty cool that this has motion control aiming on PC when using a DualSense. Confused the hell outta me at first because I didn't even know it was possible for Steam to utilize the motion function of the controller lol

Ribi

I know the old game had issues but I really expected a more polished experience and tighter experience for the second game.

Still going to play but hope some patches are coming fast
This is the problem. We let them have excuses that we ourselves create. "Man I wish it was more polished but I guess the old game from the stone age was like that too so I'll give em a pass. It's not like they had over a decade to make this game.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Can't. I'm guessing it's a thing to kick. I'm wishing I took mage first like I usually do, for levitate. I have been hesitant to go very far from these early quests. Seem like I need to get to a certain point before I go trapsing about.

For anyone new to DD. You can grab harpies in the air, if you can reach them.
It’s been pretty lenient so far compared to the first game in terms of following the main quest.

Last edited:
Top Bottom