• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

Lol I cant beat daimon anymore as sorc

My pawns went unbelievably retarded, mage tries to climb him, war climbs his back instead of the front ,when he does his vortex and i dont have bolide going I die because my pawns don't stagger him and i cant stagger him (getting staff to shoot the head is almost impossible)

Last time he got staggered every time by py pawn or meteors

I guess ill just go alone as ranged class, pawns are totally usless for some reason (i hired new ones they suck it seems)
They drop aggro constantly despite not having guardian and me being close to the boss

edit: took like 6 attempts to beat him, staggering his head with a staff during vortex is pure luck:\

emag

Postgame: I can't get the [Gore] Cyclops to show up under the Shadowfort. I have the quest in my quest log, but I also had the Hydra under Shadowfort quest and every time I go to the arena, the Hydra respawns (despite the fact that I've killed it multiple times and completed its quest successfully). Does the big back door of the arena ever open?

So when does the regular story take you there?

The Duke eventually sends you to fight the dragon at Greatwall/Tainted Mountain; it's pretty late in the game and one obvious path is through the canyon. There are some other side-quests that take you to Soulflayer Canyon or to the vicinity much earlier, however (meeting the female bandit leader, finding a lost mailing of one of the duke's advisors, etc.).

maomaoIYP

Lol I cant beat daimon anymore as sorc

My pawns went unbelievably retarded, mage tries to climb him, war climbs his back instead of the front ,when he does his vortex and i dont have bolide going I die because my pawns don't stagger him and i cant stagger him (getting staff to shoot the head is almost impossible)

Last time he got staggered every time by py pawn or meteors

I guess ill just go alone as ranged class, pawns are totally usless for some reason (i hired new ones they suck it seems)
They drop aggro constantly despite not having guardian and me being close to the boss

You need holy focused bolt man.
Also you will need Seism to knock him out of the vortex.
And cast your spells while standing behind the indestructible columns.

DC1

Ok.. I feeling pretty bad ass now. Finally got my blackwing bow (Maxed) for my MA and my pawns a kick ass mage (coasting around lvl160 )

I am living the life were I'm not afraid of anything (Daimon is a least..60 seconds for the first form/@120 for the second form). In fact, I look forward to/encourage encounters with Death.

So, I decide to walk through BBI killing everything in my path. I
MA, Mage(pawn) and two Rangers.

Everything was fine until I enter the chamber before the fallen city.

One overtly engaged spellcasting Superdrake and one ice Dragon who also has a propensity to cast spells at the speed of light.

I preceded to get my butt handed to me (had to use 3 stones to knock them off while keeping my party alive. ......now heading into the fallen city.

This game is the awesome humbler!

You need holy focused bolt man.
Also you will need Seism to knock him out of the vortex.
And cast your spells while standing behind the indestructible columns.

What spells do you cast, mealstorm is worthless since he moves around, bolide works and can randomly stagger him during the vortex quite often, tried glicel but that does pretty much nothing, neither does high levin.

I also need to find a way to equip my fighter so he is usefull , guess i'll start by taking shield drum and cymbal strike away

maomaoIYP

What spells do you cast, mealstorm is worthless since he moves around, bolide works and can randomly stagger him during the vortex quite often, tried glicel but that does pretty much nothing, neither does high levin.

I also need to find a way to equip my fighter so he is usefull , guess i'll start by taking shield drum and cymbal strike away

Holy boon and seism are the only spells I use against daimon.
I assume you're fighting daimon v2?
I just use holy focused bolt on daimon v1 over and over while moving about dodging his attacks. If your holy focused bolt is not strong enough to knock him out of the vortex, when you know he's about to cast it stand behind an indestructible pillar and cast the highest version of seism you can. When it's almost finished charging let him suck you closer and release the spell when you're almost there.

More screens from the road. Calder and Sigurd are now both lv.101, the highest I've ever gotten a character in DD.

DragonsDogma_DarkArisenScreenshot_zpsee63a0de.jpg

DragonsDogma_DarkArisenScreenshot_1_zpseeac55f1.jpg

DragonsDogma_DarkArisenScreenshot_3_zps6978bbd0.jpg

DragonsDogma_DarkArisenScreenshot_2_zpsbd5cf7eb.jpg

Wish is were easier to take action shots of pawns - it's hard enough to take shots of them just standing there. The devs programmed them with this annoying behavior that makes them flee from wherever you have the camera pointed, ostensibly so they don't obscure your vision. But it just makes them seek out the poorest lighting possible and constantly show you their back whenever you're trying to take a screenshot of them. Any good screenshot of a pawn is a fluke.

Holy boon and seism are the only spells I use against daimon.
I assume you're fighting daimon v2?
I just use holy focused bolt on daimon v1 over and over while moving about dodging his attacks. If your holy focused bolt is not strong enough to knock him out of the vortex, when you know he's about to cast it stand behind an indestructible pillar and cast the highest version of seism you can. When it's almost finished charging let him suck you closer and release the spell when you're almost there.

Thanks I'll try that later tonight, I realised I had no dcp for seism so I went ranger for now , arrows should be good to stagger him.

Also does he respawn right away or do i need to sleep 7 days

Question: what the heck does the morbidity augment do, is it useful for any vocations?

Arklite

Wish is were easier to take action shots of pawns - it's hard enough to take shots of them just standing there. The devs programmed them with this annoying behavior that makes them flee from wherever you have the camera pointed, ostensibly so they don't obscure your vision. But it just makes them seek out the poorest lighting possible and constantly show you their back whenever you're trying to take a screenshot of them. Any good screenshot of a pawn is a fluke.

It's definitely more manageable in DA with the moveable camera, though. In Vanilla DD it was annoyingly difficult to arrange a solid shot with them. Try picking them up and putting them down where you want them. They'll do their dust off animation while you position yourself/camera.

It's definitely more manageable in DA with the moveable camera, though. In Vanilla DD it was annoyingly difficult to arrange a solid shot with them. Try picking them up and putting them down where you want them. They'll do their dust off animation while you position yourself/camera.

Yeah, that's what I did with the above shots.

maomaoIYP

More screens from the road. Calder and Sigurd are now both lv.101, the highest I've ever gotten a character in DD.

Nice shots, a lot of folks in the pawn community site use the archer skills like keen sight to take awesome face close ups of pawns as they engage in combat, it can have some excellent results!

Thanks I'll try that later tonight, I realised I had no dcp for seism so I went ranger for now , arrows should be good to stagger him.

Also does he respawn right away or do i need to sleep 7 days

I just sleep once and he's there.

Dreamer RD

Damn I can't stop playing this. Over 90 hours and haven't touched BBI yet. Best game of generation. Also never used Sorcerer and Mage. Are they good? Prefer brute force. Especially that skill with daggers which covers you in flames. So badass.

DC1

Damn I can't stop playing this. Over 90 hours and haven't touched BBI yet. Best game of generation. Also never used Sorcerer and Mage. Are they good? Prefer brute force. Especially that skill with daggers which covers you in flames. So badass.

Yeah. All vocations are good. Glad to hear that you're loving it (Truly is a great game). Looking forward to your thoughts around BBI.

Sorc can feel amazingly badass and be rewarding when you position well, it can also be frustrating against some enemies who have randomly targetted abilities or lots of fast interupts.

Going against sorcerer corrupt pawns + hellhounds in bbi (while your pawns refuse to attack the sorcerers so you get owned by mealstorms and seisms) is frustrating.

phierce

Im really struggling with finding a decent longbow. I have a 3 star reinforced longbow but at lvl 35 its doing barely any damage. On the other hand my daggers are absolutley ruining anything they touch. Is it just the luck of the draw with this or is there a vendor somewhere that could have an upgrade?
Are you on PS3? If so, shoot me a message, I'll send you a longbow better than reinforced. (PSN: phierce_)

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

Woah woah now, right after Souls, it is sure. But, Souls.

Souls.

Dogma's real fuckin good.

After 140 hours the pawn ai still makes no sense

For the past 2 hours my fighter has been stuck in climbing mode

ALL he does is climb enemies
If I have to hear i'll scale it and strike from above' one more time I'll start playing solo

World I hate dark souls, the lock on system is shit, it's garbage on a technical level and there is tedium in every aspect of the game.
The combat isn't good enough to make up for everything else about the game for me, every enemy was fun to kill once or twice and then it became a chore.

demonkaze

Looking for some tips against Daimon, what are the best pawns to take against him seeing as i'm an Assassin and my main pawn is a Sorc.

xCobalt

After 140 hours the pawn ai still makes no sense

For the past 2 hours my fighter has been stuck in climbing mode

ALL he does is climb enemies
If I have to hear i'll scale it and strike from above' one more time I'll start playing solo

World I hate dark souls, the lock on system is shit, it's garbage on a technical level and there is tedium in every aspect of the game.
The combat isn't good enough to make up for everything else about the game for me, every enemy was fun to kill once or twice and then it became a chore.

What inclinations does the pawn have? Try having a pawn with Utilitarian as a primary inclination.

What inclinations does the pawn have? Try having a pawn with Utilitarian as a primary inclination.

What does utilitarian change then? does it make him stop climbing? Anyhow my pawn was fine for the past 3 days with the exact same augments and inclinations, now he's doing nothing but climb (and not climbing right) while he's supposed to tank

maomaoIYP

What does utilitarian change then? does it make him stop climbing? Anyhow my pawn was fine for the past 3 days with the exact same augments and inclinations, now he's doing nothing but climb (and not climbing right) while he's supposed to tank
Is he a scather. Scathers climb. If you have a sorc pawn that's a scather it'll spend more time climbing than casting.

Is he a scather. Scathers climb. If you have a sorc pawn that's a scather it'll spend more time climbing than casting.

That explains a lot, what do I need to make him then... can't be scather can't be guardian can't be pioneer can't bte the loot one...

Wow he is stupidly easy as ranger, i only have 1700 str but 4x periapt and hitting the belly head (no blast arrows just normal) and the second form was staggerlocked and died in under 2 mins...

Poorly designed boss imo

Second kill ina row with no loot though... just craft mats from him and moonbeam + rc gems from the 4 chests

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Bleerrrgh, playing as an Assassin again sucks after getting used to the beastliness of Mystic Knight.

Dire Gouge barely works half the time on dragons because one animation after grabbing their chest later and WHOOPS NOW YOU ARE ON MY WING/ARM/ARSE. Needs must for Daimon 2 I guess.

Hahahaha awesome, I'm imagining Daimon sidestepping a flying turkey and strawberry parfait while a 6-pack of soda goes spinning around

Lol:p
Don't knock my spelling:p My English is better than your Dutch:p

OT : It seems all the other enemies get buffed after you kill daimon 2.0..
The dragons now swipe for 2k damage and the annihilators also take 60 percent of my hp again, right before I killed him last night they barely took 20 percent of my health

So is the ascalon really that Good against ur Dragon? If I upgrade it it has slightly less attack points than my normal weapon, but I'm guessing Holy enchant plus blessed trance plus grand Cannon is going to own their shit right?

Also if I
Beat the game and don't save, what happens? I kill myself as Seneschal but I can still Mill about in the post game? I need the trophies in the final run but I also need to be able to pay in posy game for BBI...

phierce

So is the ascalon really that Good against ur Dragon? If I upgrade it it has slightly less attack points than my normal weapon, but I'm guessing Holy enchant plus blessed trance plus grand Cannon is going to own their shit right?

Also if I
Beat the game and don't save, what happens? I kill myself as Seneschal but I can still Mill about in the post game? I need the trophies in the final run but I also need to be able to pay in posy game for BBI...
You can
mill about a little, but you're in ghost form and really can't do anything except walk around in ghost form lol. You'd need to finish it for the trophies and then play BBI in NG+.

Is mystic knight fun to play? it's the only vocation I haven't maxed (or even tried at all)

Farming daimon is not for me, 5 mins of running for a few mins of the same fight for make believe rewards :p

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Is mystic knight fun to play? it's the only vocation I haven't maxed (or even tried at all)

Magic Infused (especially Ice with its chance to freeze) Great Cannon is an everything murderiser (Except Daimon it seems :/), and I had fun early on in the game using the Sky Jump move to deal with aerial assholes.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.

It's pretty ridiculous when it comes to variety. Can play it straight melee, can play it ranged, can play it tank mode, can play it utility with sigils. The one thing I'm interested in is if I can completely eliminate the need for a healer with holy aid/grace perfect blocking.

KorrZ

Farming daimon is not for me, 5 mins of running for a few mins of the same fight for make believe rewards :p

It's impossible to not crack an evil smile when you drop 2 elemental infused Great Cannons and then start whacking em with Full Moon Slash.

Dresden

I always worry about my ps3 dying when the great cannons start going off. Also, it's a boring playstyle imo, unless you're in the front doing ripostes and hacking away with abyssal anguish and stuff.

I'm an expert

I always worry about my ps3 dying when the great cannons start going off. Also, it's a boring playstyle imo, unless you're in the front doing ripostes and hacking away with abyssal anguish and stuff.

(this is mainly how I play, it's great)

I REALLY wish you could sleep at BBI and actually have a day pass...
Killing some dragons in the first sanctum to dragonforge some gear and having to go back to grand soren every time is beyond retarded

sub_o

I REALLY wish you could sleep at BBI and actually have a day pass...
Killing some dragons in the first sanctum to dragonforge some gear and having to go back to grand soren every time is beyond retarded

You could rest at the benches (the first one is next to Olra)

Sanctuary

A lot of these, especially the weapons, are better than almost everything that the dude in gran soren will sell even with the gold idol.

He sells most of those weapons, if not all. There's also more to his armory weapon wise (that are better) than what's on that list. It just doesn't unlock until post-game. Just like Soulflayer Canyon.
Some of the weapons that you can't find on him, you can find on Madeleine.

It's pretty ridiculous when it comes to variety. Can play it straight melee, can play it ranged, can play it tank mode, can play it utility with sigils. The one thing I'm interested in is if I can completely eliminate the need for a healer with holy aid/grace perfect blocking.

Maybe, but you're better off not bothering with a healer anyway later on. In BBI during version 2 of Daimon, healing is spotty at best, and a Mage is a wasted slot at worst. You'll be chugging curatives regardless, and that's playing on normal. It doesn't help that 99.99% of the Mages come with whatever the highest level of Anodyne (possibly ring buffed) that they have. It doesn't matter that the bubble stays up longer and that it heals faster. It casts 100% - 200% slower. Mages (I say Mages, since most people haven't learned to not put High versions of Sorc spells on their pawns either) might be worth it for the boons, but that's about it. As an MK you probably won't need them for that.

First of all a big Thank You to YoungOne for giving me the blackwing bow. The increase in damage is significant (even though it still takes ages to hurt some monsters).

I beat Daimon 1.0 today after a VERY long fight. Easy but so long because I had to chip away slivers of health with manual shots >_<

So now I'm in BBI 2.0 even though I skipped one or two optional zones the first time through.

Got a few questions now.

1) I realized the shortcuts reset between 2 versions of the dungeon, but assuming I kill Daimon 2.0, will those once again shut or will they stay open forever now?

2) Any idea what the second best armor "set" is for a Magick Archer in BBI 2.0? I'm
asking second best because I assume the best one is final boss farming ^^;

3) Has anyone managed to get free of an Eleminator's stun stomp? It's a OHKO and it's very annoying because it's always right when I'm about to get free that he cracks my skull open >_<

You can
mill about a little, but you're in ghost form and really can't do anything except walk around in ghost form lol. You'd need to finish it for the trophies and then play BBI in NG+.

I've actually already finished the game. Guess ill back up to a memory card and delete the game data once I get the trophies and the restore from the stick.

DC1

Also if I

You can hit bbi in ng+ at night on the docks, after you meet your pawn. (All your gear will be in storage)

You could rest at the benches (the first one is next to Olra)

That doesn't pass a day :(

@ Interhertz, the shortcuts stay open
I think they only close to force you to actually visit the first areas again and see that they put new enemies there

Btw is it me or are the bbi gear items always the same combinations?

If I get the lv.3 daggers it seems to also be the warrior sword and the mage staff? I guess that makes it easier to find the items you need then ,I thought it would be a random 3 items for each vocation

kaiju

Question: Anyway to farm
The Dragon
in Final Battle?

Would love to get a Dragon's Bite for my pawn.

DC1

First of all a big Thank You to YoungOne for giving me the blackwing bow. The increase in damage is significant (even though it still takes ages to hurt some monsters).

I beat Daimon 1.0 today after a VERY long fight. Easy but so long because I had to chip away slivers of health with manual shots >_<

So now I'm in BBI 2.0 even though I skipped one or two optional zones the first time through.

Got a few questions now.

1) I realized the shortcuts reset between 2 versions of the dungeon, but assuming I kill Daimon 2.0, will those once again shut or will they stay open forever now?

2) Any idea what the second best armor "set" is for a Magick Archer in BBI 2.0? I'm
asking second best because I assume the best one is final boss farming ^^;

3) Has anyone managed to get free of an Eleminator's stun stomp? It's a OHKO and it's very annoying because it's always right when I'm about to get free that he cracks my skull open >_<

1: After 2.0 the shortcuts stay open.
2: farm and Rare-up. Your defense will improve as you lvl as well.
3:what lvl are you? If you are a MA ; you should be playing back and firing ric all day long.

In my car-forgive the typos.

Top Bottom