• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

Astra

Guys I have a question. When do I enter BBI? I'm in post game, should I complete post game and do BBI in NG+ or now? I'm nearing lvl 48.

I'm level 55 and it's pretty Damn difficult, haha. I am on hard mode though, so if you are too, you could probably wait. Unless you want some nice challenge.

ZenaxPure

Just made it to post game and shitttttt, I have no idea what's going on, but, I love it. This game is so amazing. I assume I have to finish this wakestone quest before I can do NG+?

That quest is the point of no return. As long as you don't deliver the wakestones, you can explore the Everfall and the BBI.

If you finish that quest, you will complete the game and start a NG+.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Yeah I am. I'm a warrior what vocation are you?

Just a heads up: playing as Warrior in BBI is brutal, because there are so many enemies in BBI that will give a Warrior a terrible, terrible time to fight. Things that fly... things that are impossibly huge... things that move fast... things that can strike from afar... things that can only be hurt with magic... etc etc etc.

Not impossible, but most definitely way harder than all the other vocations except maybe for Fighter, but then Fighter can block and Warrior's forte of shrugging off incoming blows instead of blocking them off like Fighter won't work for the most part because the hits are just that hard. Especially in hard mode.

But if you want a great challenge, then by all means :)

Astra

Yeah I am. I'm a warrior what vocation are you?

I was a Ranger when I entered, but switched to Magick Archer. Things were difficult enough as a high level Ranger, but being a beginner Magick Archer, things have gotten very rough for now.

Still, as long as I had the right Mage and Sorcerer with me, with a variety of elemental affinities, I was able to dispatch most common enemies with relative ease. The bosses are another matter. The first one I ran into, I simply can't beat yet.

Just a heads up: playing as Warrior in BBI is brutal, because there are so many enemies in BBI that will give a Warrior a terrible, terrible time to fight. Things that fly... things that are impossibly huge... things that move fast... things that can strike from afar... things that can only be hurt with magic... etc etc etc.

Not impossible, but most definitely way harder than all the other vocations except maybe for Fighter, but then Fighter can block and Warrior's forte of shrugging off incoming blows instead of blocking them off like Fighter won't work for the most part because the hits are just that hard. Especially in hard mode.

But if you want a great challenge, then by all means :)

Don't worry I've got pawns :) 2 mages and a sorcerer. The only way I will die is if I get one shotted but its a learning experience so at least I will know which attacks will one shot me unless they all do -___-

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I was a Ranger when I entered, but switched to Magick Archer. Things were difficult enough as a high level Ranger, but being a beginner Magick Archer, things have gotten very rough for now.

Still, as long as I had the right Mage and Sorcerer with me, with a variety of elemental affinities, I was able to dispatch most common enemies with relative ease. The bosses are another matter. The first one I ran into, I simply can't beat yet.

Just so you know, many consider Magick Archer as *the* most powerful vocation for BBI, bar none, and for good reason. Ninefold Bolt and *especially* Ricochet Hunter is *ridiculous* Enemies like Minotaurs or those pesky large wolves just drop dead in front of a Magick Archer.

Don't worry I've got pawns :) 2 mages and a sorcerer. The only way I will die is if I get one shotted but its a learning experience so at least I will know which attacks will one shot me unless they all do -___-

I would recommend striders/rangers, because you will need someone that can perform long range physical with quick succession, considering there are many enemies in BBI highly resistant to magic... and you just can't count on pawns to cast the correct elemental spells on the enemies... you'll need luck for that.

The final boss in particular... his speed makes him brutal for mage/sorcerer's pawns to effectively cast spells on him.

So once I beat the game on normal, and finish the post game stuff. I can do ng+ on Hard mode? My stuff will carry over including my levels and vocations?

Step

Just so you know, many consider Magick Archer as *the* most powerful vocation for BBI, bar none, and for good reason. Ninefold Bolt and *especially* Ricochet Hunter is *ridiculous* Enemies like Minotaurs or those pesky large wolves just drop dead in front of a Magick Archer.

I wish I knew about this way before and even not only for BBI, magick archers are so much fun, I was just playing for a few mins as one untill I could Dragonforge the equipment of my mage pawn and now I want to be a magick archer all the time, the only problem I have is that I have been Strider for 12X levels and I hope my magick is not that low : | (I really don't care about having the MAX stats, but I just don't want my magick bow to be weak, I'm waaaaay lazy to play as a mage/sorcerer to have more magick)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I wish I knew about this way before and even not only for BBI, magick archers are so much fun, I was just playing for a few mins as one untill I could Dragonforge the equipment of my mage pawn and now I want to be a magick archer all the time, the only problem I have is that I have been Strider for 12X levels and I hope my magick is not that low : | (I really don't care about having the MAX stats, but I just don't want my magick bow to be weak, I'm waaaaay lazy to play as a mage/sorcerer to have more magick)

Actually.... the magic attack value for strider's level up is the same as Magick Archer's, and strider even gets 1 additional point for physical attack more than leveling up as MA... and since MA uses physical attack as well (one of his best moves, Immolation, is physical based), pound per pound, if what you're after is offense, you levelling up as strider is actually more beneficial, hahaha.

And don't worry about leveling up as sorcerer/mage, just get the Attunement and/or (preferably) Acuity and you're all set.

Step

Actually.... the magic attack value for strider's level up is the same as Magick Archer's, and strider even gets 1 additional point for physical attack more than leveling up as MA... and since MA uses physical attack as well (one of his best moves, Immolation, is physical based), pound per pound, if what you're after is offense, you levelling up as strider is actually more beneficial, hahaha.

And don't worry about leveling up as sorcerer/mage, just get the Attunement and/or (preferably) Acuity and you're all set.

Welp I wasn't expecting that haha, so I'm all set, and thanks to the trophy equipment(which I was hunting just for how cool it looks) I get +70 magick.

I was happy since still no luck with the daggerist items and I got 2 magick bowman bands... but then I saw and none of them with 9fold bolt : |

And a dummy question that I shouldn't do after playing for 98 hours... What happens if your support pawn dies? Can I go to the rift and summon them again or they are gone for good? because of that I'm scared to fight against Death

Edit: also, Are the gorecyclops on the forgotten hall the best way to get Bitterblack Gear Lv.2 or should I just farm
Daimon
?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Welp I wasn't expecting that haha, so I'm all set, and thanks to the trophy equipment(which I was hunting just for how cool it looks) I get +70 magick.

I was happy since still no luck with the daggerist items and I got 2 magick bowman bands... but then I saw and none of them with 9fold bolt : |

And a dummy question that I shouldn't do after playing for 98 hours... What happens if your support pawn dies? Can I go to the rift and summon them again or they are gone for good? because of that I'm scared to fight against Death

Edit: also, Are the gorecyclops on the forgotten hall the best way to get Bitterblack Gear Lv.2 or should I just farm
Daimon
?

Main pawn and any other pawn you carry in battles never "gone for good." They can be resummoned as if nothing ever happens to them from any functional Rift Stone. When fighting death it would be best to just assume you have to fighting him alone, since generally pawns are just too stupid to avoid his one-hit-kill attack anyways.

The boss 2nd time and so on is the best place to farm level 3 gear, though you may need to load and reload often to get what you want when you open the chest and/or when you purify it. Just switch around your vocation class when you purify stuff to maximize the chance you get what you want.

If your main pawn dies, you just need to touch a rift stone to revive him. If a support pawn dies, you have to summon him again in the rift.

Also, if a support pawn dies, that pawn receives an automatic 3 star rating.

Daimon
?

If it is
Post-Daimon
, I think that farming the Gorecyclops in the Forgotten Hall is indeed the best way.

Astra

Looks like I picked a good time to try out a Magick Archer. I was thinking that or a Mystic Knight. I briefly tried both way back when DD first came out, but never gave them a fair shake, since I wanted to try the Assassin.

Aww, I spent time leveling up as a Mage/Sorcerer, then as a Strider/Ranger in preparation to become a Magick Archer, haha. Ah well, at least I have some useful augments from it.

Item Box

That quest is the point of no return. As long as you don't deliver the wakestones, you can explore the Everfall and the BBI.

If you finish that quest, you will complete the game and start a NG+.
Aw, I wish I stumbled upon this thread before finishing the game later today. I was hoping I would be allowed to continue playing past the end similar to skyrim.

Is BBI(or the rest of the game) harder on ng+?

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Aww, I spent time leveling up as a Mage/Sorcerer, then as a Strider/Ranger in preparation to become a Magick Archer, haha. Ah well, at least I have some useful augments from it.

Actually.... that line of leveling up is ideal for an MA. Mage/Sorcerer gets more Magic, while Strider/Ranger boasts the same Magic Attack and more Physical Attack.

Aw, I wish I stumbled upon this thread before finishing the game later today. I was hoping I would be allowed to continue playing past the end similar to skyrim.

Nah, it's the same since there is no scaling, although after you managed to beat it the 1st time the enemy placements/configurations turned crazy, and Death can now freely spawn anywhere anytime regardless whether you are in the middle of a fight against two large dragons or two little wolves.

Just go with hard mode to make things more challenging.

Endgame Magick Archer was crap in vanilla DD because the endgame magick bows were crap. Now you can get an awesome magick bow from purifying a LV 2 Bitterblack Weapon, or I think it's even behind one of the Moonbeam doors. Once you have that it won't really matter what you leveled up as, you're going to have a good time as a MA.

No, unlinke Demon's Souls or Dark Souls, there is no scaling. But you can play on hard mode.

The Everfall is only available in Post-Game, but BBI is always available at any point of the game.

Okay decided to do BBI in post game.
Just slayed Grigori. Holy shit is AoD powerful. You see that part where he's in the air breathing fire, I landed a blow just as he was going to eat me. So epic. Also I'm glad Selene was my beloved (the other choices where pretty bad lol). Really cool boss fight and a lot more "cinematic" than I thought it would be.

Lvl 52 now so definitely ready for BBI :)

Do any low-mid levels want to rent out their pawn? I feel guilty taking high levels all the time. You guys 1-shot everything lol.
What's considered low or mid level? My pawn is a level 43 sorcerer so you (or anyone else) can add me if you want.

PSN: thechef0
Pawn: Athena

I'm having the opposite problem where I've been using the same pawns for almost 25 levels at this point because I can't find any betters ones randomly. I've actually been avoiding adding people from here because everyone seems way higher leveled than I am, but I don't think I can take it anymore.

Step

Death Post-boss is so annoying, what's worse is that he is even easier if you cast Great Ward Arrow on yourself, but he always spawns at the worst moment and just kills my poor pawns, I'm loving post boss BBI, I have no idea what's going to be on the next room and I have to take my time.

I'm almost done farming for materials for my golden sets, only 3 different materials left but they don't want to drop it T~T, if any of you guys have 1 piece of Siren Tailfin, Bright Azure Scale and Strigoi barb for me I'll love you forever.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Do any low-mid levels want to rent out their pawn? I feel guilty taking high levels all the time. You guys 1-shot everything lol.

Hey, by the way, you seem to be carrying my pawns for quite a number of times. Thanks for that! :)

What's considered low or mid level? My pawn is a level 43 sorcerer so you (or anyone else) can add me if you want.

I'm having the opposite problem where I've been using the same pawns for almost 25 levels at this point because I can't find any betters ones randomly. I've actually been avoiding adding people from here because everyone seems way higher leveled than I am, but I don't think I can take it anymore.

Random pawns are always have fucking-damn-it Guardian as their primary inclination in my case. DAMN IT PEOPLE STOP PUTTING GUARDIAN IN YOUR INCLINATIONS!.

Also, so many warriors WITHOUT battle/war cry >:\ I need tanks/attention grabber...... *sigh*

I have a lvl 50 mage.

Add me if you want: Xx_Birdman_xX101

I haven't played this in a while, but I'll get back to it after my current couple of games are done. I was about level 44 I think, and frankly completely bloody lost. Nowhere near being able to complete it; I can't even beat the Drake in Devil's Grove. I love just exploring the world - each trip out feels like a proper adventure.

My pawn is a fighter I think and if anyone wants to add me on PSN, it's Telminator-2.

Uurghhhh.... why does your pawn has Guardian as main inclination....

I thought she was Medicant/Utilitarian. Guess I have to change it again.

Tried BBI today. It wasn't too bad except when this massive grim reaper came and killed all my pawns. In one hit I just saw my entire party and vanish before me. BS man.

I'm almost done farming for materials for my golden sets, only 3 different materials left but they don't want to drop it T~T, if any of you guys have 1 piece of Siren Tailfin, Bright Azure Scale and Strigoi barb for me I'll love you forever.

Do you still need those materials? What's your PSN ID?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Hey, by the way, you seem to be carrying my pawns for quite a number of times. Thanks for that! :)

Random pawns are always have fucking-damn-it Guardian as their primary inclination in my case. DAMN IT PEOPLE STOP PUTTING GUARDIAN IN YOUR INCLINATIONS!.
You do realize the game often changes the pawn's inclination without you doing anything about it, right?

Sera O

Banned

I doubt that's intentional - the game requires the player to actively prevent guardian from happening for most people. It just ends up sneaking in there if the player/person hiring the pawn uses the "come here" command, like, at all.

That command gets spammed like crazy in BB. You can try to balance it out by using the "go" command, but if the game doesn't think you're engaged in battle when you do it, it will just put points on pioneer inclination rather than scather - so guardian will still dominate.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I doubt that's intentional - the game requires the player to actively prevent guardian from happening for most people. It just ends up sneaking in there if the player/person hiring the pawn uses the "come here" command, like, at all.

That command gets spammed like crazy in BB. You can try to balance it out by using the "go" command, but if the game doesn't think you're engaged in battle when you do it, it will just put points on pioneer inclination rather than scather - so guardian will still dominate.
I don't even use the commands and my pawn's inclination still changed. -_- I went back to the camp and bought a whole bunch of elixirs so I can switch it back to something better whenever the game decides to be an ass, but I might not always be looking up my pawn's inclination, so it's possible someone gets him while he's stuck in Guardian mode.

Sera O

Banned
I don't even use the commands and my pawn's inclination still changed. -_- I went back to the camp and bought a whole bunch of elixirs so I can switch it back to something better whenever the game decides to be an ass, but I might not always be looking up my pawn's inclination, so it's possible someone gets him while he's stuck in Guardian mode.

I am pretty sure that other people's commands can change your pawn's inclinations if they are out for hire, but you're right, it's hard to understand what influences them. Pawns will mimic what you do too, which is why you sometimes end up with rangers or mages without a scather inclination who want to climb all over enemies. Getting stacks of elixirs to pumping your chosen secondary and then primary is the easiest way to manage it. I go through them 6-10 at a time in the hopes it will stick longer.

Khronico

50 hours into my character (lvl 68), and loving every second. This game is so good!

I have a few questions so far:

Is the Condemned Gorecyclops even remotely beatable at level 68? I've tried fighting it with three different vocations so far (Assassin at max vocation, Fighter max vocation, Magick Archer vocation rank 4) and barely took off two bars of health before getting slaughtered.

I seem to be barely scraping by every major encounter so far in BBI (currently at Fortress of Remembrance). I'm mostly running as max vocation rank assassin and all my equipment is dragonforged (including the dagger and bow you get from defeating Grigori). Should I do some more leveling and equipment upgrading before I venture further?

Also, y'all feel free to add me since I don't know anyone else who plays this. PSN ID: rubricmarine

ZenaxPure

On the topic of difficulty and such, does this game have some sort of scaling or how exactly does well... enemies work? I'm in my NG+ now and was blazing through early stuff and even as a new vocation (leveling fighter now, about halfway through) I one shot basically everything (like the first ogre and chimera I ran into in NG+ only lasted about 10 seconds each). But I was wandering around at night and I ran into a dragon (or whatever the smaller dragon's official names are) and it took me like 5 minutes just to get 2 bars of his HP down (even attacking his weak point was barely doing any damage). Are all of those dragons like that, or what exactly? Honestly I am extremely confused.

My character is like level 63 or so for what it's worth.

Otherwise this game continues to blow me away, love how different the fighter feels compared to the rogue classes and yet it's still a ton of fun (like seriously hindsight slash alone is making the class worth it).

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Decided to level as Sorcerer from 60 to 100 after not touching any spell-using vocation for 60 levels, because Magick Archer is de bomb.

50 hours into my character (lvl 68), and loving every second. This game is so good!

I have a few questions so far:

Is the Condemned Gorecyclops even remotely beatable at level 68? I've tried fighting it with three different vocations so far (Assassin at max vocation, Fighter max vocation, Magick Archer vocation rank 4) and barely took off two bars of health before getting slaughtered.

I seem to be barely scraping by every major encounter so far in BBI (currently at Fortress of Remembrance). I'm mostly running as max vocation rank assassin and all my equipment is dragonforged (including the dagger and bow you get from defeating Grigori). Should I do some more leveling and equipment upgrading before I venture further?

Also, y'all feel free to add me since I don't know anyone else who plays this. PSN ID: rubricmarine

Sure, they're beatable. It's generally gonna take a very long while though, and much depending on your chosen vocation/equipments. On my previous plays I managed to defeat two in the same room by cheesing them as Magick Archer from elevated positions where they can't touch me, hahaha.

As for your next question... generally speaking offensive level need to be beyond certain number... I believe it's around 1.300 to 1.400 or so, for them to start really matter against the big boys. Also, some enemies resist physical attack and generally speaking physical-only vocation will have problems in many places in BBI without magical support or additional items/buffs such as Blast Arrows.

On the topic of difficulty and such, does this game have some sort of scaling or how exactly does well... enemies work? I'm in my NG+ now and was blazing through early stuff and even as a new vocation (leveling fighter now, about halfway through) I one shot basically everything (like the first ogre and chimera I ran into in NG+ only lasted about 10 seconds each). But I was wandering around at night and I ran into a dragon (or whatever the smaller dragon's official names are) and it took me like 5 minutes just to get 2 bars of his HP down (even attacking his weak point was barely doing any damage). Are all of those dragons like that, or what exactly? Honestly I am extremely confused.

Otherwise this game continues to blow me away, love how different the fighter feels compared to the rogue classes and yet it's still a ton of fun (like seriously hindsight slash alone is making the class worth it).

There is no scaling at all in this game. Maybe you're not just hitting the Drake/Wyrm's weakpoints though. Level 63 *should* be more than plenty to quickly stave off their HPs assuming you attack them correctly.

Finaika

So I'm planning to play this game and still have the original Dragon's Dogma unopened.

Should I play that first or just buy the expansion and play that instead for the full experience?

So I'm planning to play this game and still have the original Dragon's Dogma unopened.

Should I play that first or just buy the expansion and play that instead for the full experience?

Go with Dark Arisen but get at least a savegame from Dragon's Dogma since if you have one you'll get 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones (used to teleport in the map) and an armour pack in Dark Arisen. The differences between the two versions are small: DA basically has the same content of DD with minor gameplay balances and Bitterblack Isle which is the expansion for high level characters.

TL;DR
Get a savegame from Dragon's Dogma and then play Dark Arisen

Pooya

Can you use a DD save file downloaded from gamefaqs for ps3 to import to DA and start a new game+? played the original on 360, I want to get the bonuses.

BadWolf

Was an Assassin lvl58 or so and did the following:

- Got on his right shoulder/trap, since he can't shake you off or grab you from there
- Took a few Liquid Vims (they stop stamina depletion for a while)
- Equipped whatever climbing related augmentations i had
- popped Conqueror's perapts (pop 4 in a row for maximum power boost, you will more than double your strength)

Then mash Hundred/Thousand Kisses till dead, might take a while but all you will have to do is mash and pop some more Liquid Vims and Conqueror's perapts when they run out. He won't be able to shake you off or damage you.

Iirc you get big damage by hitting the heart while he is stunned on the ground after a knock down. I usually use Mighty Bend on the heart to get him off his feet.

Was an Assassin lvl58 or so and did the following:

- Got on his right shoulder/trap, since he can't shake you off or grab you from there
- Took a few Liquid Vims (they stop stamina depletion for a while)
- Equipped whatever climbing related augmentations i had
- popped Conqueror's perapts (pop 4 in a row for maximum power boost, you will more than double your strength)

Then mash Hundred/Thousand Kisses till dead, might take a while but all you will have to do is mash and pop some more Liquid Vims and Conqueror's perapts when they run out. He won't be able to shake you off or damage you.

Or you can attack his eye using Threefold Arrow/Fivefold Flurry + Blast Arrows + Conqueror's Periapt. This take a big chunk of health per attack and can stagger him.

Finaika

Go with Dark Arisen but get at least a savegame from Dragon's Dogma since if you have one you'll get 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones (used to teleport in the map) and an armour pack in Dark Arisen. The differences between the two versions are small: DA basically has the same content of DD with minor gameplay balances and Bitterblack Isle which is the expansion for high level characters.

TL;DR
Get a savegame from Dragon's Dogma and then play Dark Arisen

Thanks!

Step

Finally I got my Daggerist's Band with Thousand Kisses!

I have no idea what happened but I just purified one piece of lv.3 armor and it was a rare piece so I retry and kept it cursed, then, everytime I was purifying lv.3 armors all of them were rare (alongside with the first one and all of the next ones and always godsbane so they remained cursed), but I screwed it up and forgot to godsbane and I was left with 2 rare gloves,4 helmets and 1 armor and I was only missing the boots : ( then I got 2 lv.3 cursed armor and it was boots but normal ones.

So (Sorry about the long text) does this mean that if you purify a bunch of lv.3 cursed armor and the first one is rare all of the next ones are going to be rare too as long as they are purified at the same time ?

Also I had no idea you could stack up to 4 Magick Rebalancer (MagicArcher dagger buff)

OatmealMu

Looking for some of that delicious RC while I stumble through Bitterblack Isle avoiding Death. Willing to hire pawns as well. I promise to send them back half-naked and drunk.

PSN: OatmealMu
Level: 73
Pawn: Treal
Class: Warrior
Inclination: Challenger, Scather (Until she changes her mind and I force feed her elixir)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yesterday I ran into a nasty, game-breaking bug. Only reverting to an earlier save from the PS+ cloud saved my game. Here's what happened:

- I equipped the Augment "Tenacity" on my Arisen (which has a chance to revive the Arisen with 1 HP when dying);
- I got trapped by Exequy (was foolishly trying to pick up a pawn that was stupidly standing in the red circle, but wasn't fast enough xD) and died;
- Revived with 1HP, but the game basically treated the Arisen as dead: pawns still fought enemies and followed me around, but didn't heal me anymore, or buff or anything, and enemies ignored the Arisen completely and only attacked the pawns;
- I thought it was an odd glitch so I warped back to the BBI entrance (Mistake #1, as it auto-saved) to use the Riftstone and re-hire the pawns (Mistake #2, as it auto-checkpoint-saved);
- No change in pawn behaviour. I jumped into the water, nothing. I ran to an enemy and let him kill me, nothing; hitting "Retry" only made me spawn with the same glitched status;
- Quit the game and reloaded, still nothing. So both my Save slot and Checkpoint slots were overwritten with this behaviour;
- I saw no way to undo that behaviour, so I ended up reverting from a cloud save from PS+.

So basically, if your Tenacity is ever triggered and your pawns treat you as dead: DO NOT SAVE, Godsbane -> Retry or load a Checkpoint save or Quit through XMB (if you don't have the Godsbane and your last Checkpoint is too far away), otherwise your game might be permanently broken. :S

Essay

Yesterday I ran into a nasty, game-breaking bug. Only reverting to an earlier save from the PS+ cloud saved my game. Here's what happened:

- I equipped the Augment "Tenacity" on my Arisen (which has a chance to revive the Arisen with 1 HP when dying);
- I got trapped by Exequy (was foolishly trying to pick up a pawn that was stupidly standing in the red circle, but wasn't fast enough xD) and died;
- Revived with 1HP, but the game basically treated the Arisen as dead: pawns still fought enemies and followed me around, but didn't heal me anymore, or buff or anything, and enemies ignored the Arisen completely and only attacked the pawns;
- I thought it was an odd glitch so I warped back to the BBI entrance (Mistake #1, as it auto-saved) to use the Riftstone and re-hire the pawns (Mistake #2, as it auto-checkpoint-saved);
- No change in pawn behaviour. I jumped into the water, nothing. I ran to an enemy and let him kill me, nothing; hitting "Retry" only made me spawn with the same glitched status;
- Quit the game and reloaded, still nothing. So both my Save slot and Checkpoint slots were overwritten with this behaviour;
- I saw no way to undo that behaviour, so I ended up reverting from a cloud save from PS+.

So basically, if your Tenacity is ever triggered and your pawns treat you as dead: DO NOT SAVE, Godsbane -> Retry or load a Checkpoint save or Quit through XMB (if you don't have the Godsbane and your last Checkpoint is too far away), otherwise your game might be permanently broken. :S

Woah. Thank you very much for the warning.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Looking for some of that delicious RC while I stumble through Bitterblack Isle avoiding Death. Willing to hire pawns as well. I promise to send them back half-naked and drunk.

PSN: OatmealMu
Level: 73
Pawn: Treal
Class: Warrior
Inclination: Challenger, Scather (Until she changes her mind and I force feed her elixir)

I'll carry your pawn later when I get back home, I am still running around Everfall leveling up as Sorcerer before tackling BBI, I am currently level... 65, IIRC. Maybe I'll just jump into BBI later on, but just want to get few Magic stat up before turning my guy to a Magick Archer.

But since you're a warrior, might I request that you put specific set of skills? Corona Slash and War Cry, and on the last slot preferably no charge-up skill (definitely no Arc of Might/Retribution please...). Oh, and Sinew + Ferocity in your core. Sorry if this seems like too much of a request :)

My PSN is LaughingBanana. Anyone else, feel free to add me as well. My pawn mainly levels as Sorcerer, but she is fully trained as a Mage as well and thus can be changed to that if necessary for an attacker/healer pawn.

Just beat the game. The dragon was a complete joke for a fight. My warrior arisen and pawn only had trouble when he flew obviously. My rooted gloom did tons of damage to it. So now I'm in post game at level 57. Some quest and BBI is all that is left? Who did you get for your beloved? At first, I got Caxton, then I lowered his affinity and got Aelinore. I don't want her either. Guess I'm stuck with Aelinore. Ugh.

Top Bottom