• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

Clean cloth removes Drenching, Absorbent Rag removes oil/tarring. If drenched, you can also go in the item menu, unequip the lantern, then re-equip it and it'll relight itself even if you're drenched (though if you get splashed again it goes off again). Kinda annoying but you don't have to wait til the Drenched status goes away to use your lantern. Also, do pay some meager RC to light those beacons, they're fairly useful and can damage nearby enemies shortly after you light them.

The Forgotten Hall is really, really tough if you don't cheese it somewhat. You're probably underlevelled, aye. Have you beaten the main game at least once, or reached the post-game at least?

Make sure you have the very best weapons and armours you can and upgrade them (preferably dragonforged of course), it makes a big difference. If needed, try to farm a drake or wyvern in the main game to dragonforge stuff if you're still too weak to kill a Cursed Dragon (it's weak to Holy and Fire, FWIW). Once you get Sapfire Daggers, for example, the Cursed Dragon is pretty easy, just spam at its heart (snipe at its heart when it's aloft to ground it), and you can farm it for easy dragonforging (I found that other than the guaranteed Dragonforging like Grigori or the Ur-Dragon, it's the best Dragonforging rate in the game by far, almost always works for me).

My Forgotten Hall strategy the first time was... die to Maelstrom, then die again, and again. xD Eventually I got fed up and just ran like mad to the exit, hoping my pawns wouldn't get left behind. When I returned later, I used the following strategy with a Magick Archer (you can probably use a similar strategy with a Strider or Ranger), with plenty of savescumming between each step:

- Go on the second floor where the railing is, stand on the railing and snipe the mages and sirens one by one with Sixfold bolt (never got ninefold bolt ;_;). If you see a Maelstrom form up in the room below, retreat to the room with the statues for a bit until it's gone. Make sure your pawns don't jump downstairs like idiots.
- If a Garm spawns, it'll run upstairs to attack you, so meet it in the second floor room with the statues and fight it there. Spam Ricochet bolt, it'll utterly annihilate it (it's lightning-based and they're weak to lightning).
- Do this for every Garm that spawns. Sometimes they spawn one by one, so save after killing one. If they spawn in a group of two it's still doable, use the statues as sort-of cover. Wear blind-resistant gear or bring blind-curing curatives if you need.
- Once the sirens, mages and Garms are dead, advance into the Hall, then kill the remaining Corrupt Pawns in the corridors so that only the Chained Gorecyclops are left.
- You can fight the Gorecyclops one by one, if you stick to one area and don't aggro the other. Easier with ranged attacks, Sixfold Bolt and Hunter Bolt work pretty nicely. If you really want to cheese it, you can stay under the balcony where the corridor joins the hall, the cyclops can't follow you there, and just spam ranged attacks until it dies. Boring, but effective. xD Then you can do the same with the other. If your damage output is really really low, though, this is gonna be fairly boring, I warn you. Bring Conqueror's Periapts, or just skip them and come back later when you're stronger, 'cause the rewards for killing them (dropped materials etc.) aren't all that interesting. It'd probably give you some nice XP though.

I'm gonna retry that room soon, and this time I'll try not to cheese/savescum too much, but those damn Maelstrom mages are just plain annoying. I wouldn't know how to deal with them without sniping them from afar. Maybe rush them with melee really quickly before any of them can cast and hope the pawns do the same...

Didn't know you could do that with the lantern. Thanks that will help a lot. I just started post game and decided to BBI. Those beacons are really helpful. It seriously hurts those annoying red things and took a decent chunk out of the Eliminator.

About that hall, I'm playing as a Warrior (throughout the entire game). What I did was run to the two mages and kill them quickly with an attack boost. I had to kill them quickly and while dodging those dogs so it didn't always go as planned. I had 4 of those dogs but luckily two of them glitched through the wall and disappeared.

^^^I'm in the exact same spot, that area is completely insane. I'm level 69 and only found 2 Garms (plus the cyclops), but I think there were multiple mages...Maelstrom everywhere, instadeath. And in the previous room, the one with all the water, I had to fight both an Eliminator AND an Elder Ogre in the same tiny space. Had to abuse the hell out of Sheltered Assault...

This game really hates me sometimes, but I can't help but love it. I guess I'll have to give up and hire an higher level pawn for once.

This game has no mercy. It doesn't matter if you have an Eliminator, Garms, condemned cyclops, mages and dead pawns it would probably spawn death on top of it.

OatmealMu

Thanks guys for putting up with my pawn. I got so many rift crystals, big thank you to the person who took her to fight a cursed dragon (164k crystals 0_0 ). Also someone gifted me a lvl 3 cursed BB weapon 0_0.

Nice. Glad you got a lot of RC from that. I'd like to know how many crystals Volpa's owner gets. We've battled around 6 cursed dragons and countless numbers of other boss-type enemies. Unfortunately, I lost her when I decided to battle an Elder Ogre on a bridge.

The ogre didn't much like her climbing on his back. Off she went!

Adventures of a Warrior Part 2

So from where I left I went through the Bloodless stockade. Straight awya I was greeted with a Eliminator in a corridor though there was one of those rift beacons. Those rift beacons are so useful. After slaughtering some more innocent pawns, we arrived at this sewer place. What is up with all these sewers in BBI, drenching is such a hassle. The area looks safe so I'm slowly looting when I hear this weird music. Suddenly, the area around me lights up and thinking it was the drench status wearing off I payed no attention to my back. Turns out it was Death who killed us all. This room is almost as bad as the Forgotten Hall. Do they seriously expect me to fight Death and an Elder Ogre especially with the retarded pawn AI they have. I actually think I have a better chance by myself and with no pawns to worry about. I have 2 sorcerers and a mage.You would think that they would cast their spells at a distance....nope, they walk right next to Death and start casting. My sword was doing little damage so I just ran for the exit.

Looks like another arena place with just one enemy: some blue knight. This was perhaps the most frustrating boss fight in recent memory. Looks like you can only deal damage at the back of the knight and my sword wasn't doing so bad but it took half an hour to get him at the halfway point because my pawns did jack shit. He was coming after me, all they had to do was cast spells on it but for some stupid reason they would follow me and with there stupid AI which cannot dodge at all they kept dying over and over again. What really pissed me off was the second part. It turns out physical attacks do 0 damage on him so I'm going to have to rely on my pawns -____________________________________________-

Cue in another half an hour of waiting for my pawns to attack. They wouldn't even cast an affinity for my sword. After 1 and half hours the knight was finally dead and all it took was a couple of meteor strikes to the back.

It looks like we are at the end though. Decided to check out the final boss, I'm doing some damage to him and he doesn't insta kill me, though he does insta kill my pawns. It's not looking to bad. I reckon I can do it without grinding (Lv 62 now and so are my pawns). It has to be said; the boss theme is so epic. The music in Dragons Dogma really surprised me, there are some great pieces in it and it has its own identity far form your generic medieval fantasy vibe. The story is also quite intriguing.

MilkBeard

Hey Dragon's Dogma fans, I have a question, I looked on the previous page to see if anyone asked but didn't see so I will just throw it out there. Would you guys say that Dragon's Dogma is a good game to play if you're a Dark Souls fan? I did play the demo a long time ago before the game came out, and I thought it was pretty good, although I originally passed on buying it, but that was before I tried Dark Souls, which got me in to this type of game.

I suppose it's worth it to just buy the full Dark Arisen version instead of buying the original. Not too much more expensive.

Hey Dragon's Dogma fans, I have a question, I looked on the previous page to see if anyone asked but didn't see so I will just throw it out there. Would you guys say that Dragon's Dogma is a good game to play if you're a Dark Souls fan? I did play the demo a long time ago before the game came out, and I thought it was pretty good, although I originally passed on buying it, but that was before I tried Dark Souls, which got me in to this type of game.

I suppose it's worth it to just buy the full Dark Arisen version instead of buying the original. Not too much more expensive.

Waht do you enjoy about Dark Souls?

Big differences:

1. Open world rpg....lots of quests, upgrading, affinities with NPC's, inventory management etc

2. Pawns: you need them and they can be really helpful. They also make travelling less lonely and sometimes do some funny things. Online aspect involves using other people's pawns and putting yours for hire.

4. Vocations: choose between Mage, Warrior, Fighter, Mystic Knight, Ranger etc. What this means is that unlike DS were you control your levelling for each stats your levelling depends on what vocation you are. Also unlike Souls you can change vocation at any time so you experience all classes with one character.

3. Combat system. It has the same basics like looking out for your stamina and light attack, heavy attack but the similarities end there. Its a bit more combo oriented, with skills that are used to chain combos or are used specifically in certain situations. You have your generic light and heavy attacks and combos. There are tons of skills in the game each exclusive to the vocation. Also your attacks don't change depending on your weapon. All greatswords have the same attack animations but there damage, look, and elementals can change. For health, you use curatives and can heal while the game i paused. There is also a grey bar which refers to health you can gain if a Mage heals you for instance.
Enemies in this game can also be grappled leading to some cool situations. One last thing, there is no lock on system.

I love Souls and I am also really enjoying this game but in its own right not becuase I enjoyed Souls.

If you want a rpg with a good story, good lore and characters, tons of sidequests, a massive area to explore and a great combat system then I would definitely recommend it.

MilkBeard

Waht do you enjoy about Dark Souls?

I love Souls and I am also really enjoying this game but in its own right not becuase I enjoyed Souls.

If you want a rpg with a good story, good lore and characters, tons of sidequests, a massive area to explore and a great combat system then I would definitely recommend it.

Cool, nice comparisons. I love Souls, but I don't need the systems to be exclusively similar. I like the idea of the open world, and from what I remember from the demo, the combat seemed fun and I enjoyed the monster climbing mechanic. I think I'm going to give this game a try.

I just compared prices, in store I found that the game goes for $40 but Amazon has a crazy good price of $21 for the PS3 version of Dark Arisen. I'm gonna bite. I really wanted to get it in my hands today but at half the price I can wait.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I'm a huge Dark Souls fan, and I like Dragon's Dogma, but they are not that similar. IMO Souls is a lot better, but DD is still fun, and scratches that aRPG itch. Plus the expanded area (Bitterblack Isle) from Dark Arisen does have some Souls influence in terms of atmosphere, setting and harsh difficulty.
My sword was doing little damage so I just ran for the exit.
Yeah I did the same too, ran away when Death spawned, screw that ogre.

Btw, you can usually tell when Death will spawn. If you hear that eerie music with those chimes, he's coming for certain. You can often spot the glow of his lantern before he sees you as well.

It turns out physical attacks do 0 damage on him so I'm going to have to rely on my pawns -____________________________________________-
Really? I didn't know that... but you could always keep an elemental weapon for these scenarios, since they do magic damage. If I use purely physical weapons and I encounter those damn wraiths (the possessing spirits) I usually switch to an elemental weapon unless a pawn buffed me with Holy or something.

It has to be said; the boss theme is so epic.
Wot, really? I thought it sounded stupid and completely out of place, lol. Couldn't take that fight seriously at all.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I may not be on until tomorrow, but if I've got one I'll forge it for you. No trade needed if I have it (should have enough wakestones to revive all of Gransys at this point). My PSN is volpanic so if you see a friend req from me you'll know that 1) I've got the horn and 2) Kai's out of my league to hire, lol

Got it. Thank you so much!

Sera O

Banned
Nice. Glad you got a lot of RC from that. I'd like to know how many crystals Volpa's owner gets. We've battled around 6 cursed dragons and countless numbers of other boss-type enemies. Unfortunately, I lost her when I decided to battle an Elder Ogre on a bridge.

The ogre didn't much like her climbing on his back. Off she went!

Ugh, I didn't catch how much RC came back with her - I was kinda distracted at the time and then the screen was gone. :/

I took your pawn with me, killed a drake, a wyvern and a bunch of cursed dragons (like 8 maybe? I had 4 rancid bait meats and usually can get a couple each off those) in duskmoon tower. I downed a couple of the CDs with the 'weal' effect on. Hopefully you get a lot of bonus RC.

Got it. Thank you so much!

No problem.

Khronico

Update:

Well, BBI is finally easing up a bit now that I got that dragons tempest bow for MA (also got it dragonforged). Managed to SHRED the condemned gorecyclops in Midnight Helix, three undead dragons in three different areas, several eliminators like a hot knife through butter, and two condemned gorecyclopses at once in the area before the bloodless stockade. (I also got some huge help from a psn account by the name of blade_x_sword, is that any of you here???).

Also, bloodless stockade was terrifying O_O. I ended up just running the entire way through the underground with my lantern extinguished.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
No problem.
Welp, now I feel crappy. I hired your pawn to give him some RC and a gift on my own, and when I went to gift an item upon dismissing the pawn, I accidentally hit circle. Derp. I'll hire your pawn again some time, I promise! I got extra
Daimon Horns
just now by killing the
awakened Daimon
. Which I did rather easily, I feel kind of cheap... My mystic knight just climbed on its head and wailed on it non-stop, with stacked conqueror periapt it went down pretty easily. I had stocked up on tons of power-ups and curatives and wakestones and used none of them. lol

In truth, the city before that fight was wayyy scarier. Tons of big nasty monsters everywhere, I just made a mad dash to the Sanctum door to preserve resources, but since I ended up using none, well, I should probably have fought my way through instead of being a pussy. Those resources could have been spent in the city, haha.

Now that I killed that
awakened Daimon
, did it go to Hard mode automatically or something? I just probed around the Garden of Ignominy and the Midnight Helix to see if anything had changed yet again, but I didn't notice anything different except it seems the monsters hit way harder than before. Is it just my imagination? I didn't turn on Hard mode or anything... weird.

Guys do you think I would a bit OP for the Daimon fight if I brought a lvl3 bitterblack weapon with me. Right now I'm using the dragon great sword not dragon forged.

Sera O

Banned
Could someone let me know if they've seen any giant saurian sages around in post-bossman BBI? I haven't run into any, but maybe they're in an area I missed. . . I was a dumbass and need to skin one again.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If anybody here can gift me a bone crest and/or Moonshimmer Pelt, I will love you for all eternity and I will carry your pawn in my grinding vs ur.dragon run... I imagine this will net your pawn with a great amount of RC.

Any help would be appreciated, especially for Bone Crest!

My psn is LaughingBanana.

Herla

If anybody here can gift me a bone crest and/or Moonshimmer Pelt, I will love you for all eternity and I will carry your pawn in my grinding vs ur.dragon run... I imagine this will net your pawn with a great amount of RC.

Any help would be appreciated, especially for Bone Crest!

My psn is LaughingBanana.

Sent you a Bone Crest as thanks for the help with my pawn :) I'll need the good karma against the final boss of BBI.

God damn Daimon is hard. Even with 3 wakestones I cannot defeat him. My sorceress doesn't do much except cast high bolide very rarely, the ranger always climbs him and he then kills her quickly and I cannot believe I'm saying this but thank god for my main pawn. She no longer stiks next to me but finds a safe place to heal me. The amount of times I have been saved by her astounded me. By far the most useful. What made me angry though was getting to the boss.

Theres no way to got the Arisen refuge from BBI's entrance. I spent an hour going through rotwood, the hall, bloodless stockade making sure all the time that my pawns where still alive and I didn't waste any wake stones to finally appear at the entrance of the fallen city. You know that place beofre the boss thats supposed to safe. Apparently its not anymore. Theres like a mini army of evil pawns, some how 90% of them are warriors, throughout the whole city while this red thing (reminded of the maneaters in Demon Soul) kept harassing me the entire time. Instead of going insane trying to fight all them, while making sure I don't waste too many curatives (saving them for Daimon) I decide to go to the roof tops only to see a cursed dragon there. Thank you Capcom. I just ran with some liquid vim and managed to get the boss door quick enough so my pawns were still alive by the time I got there.

Daimon is not too bad. His magic attacks are annoying like the one where he goes into the air and fires a barrage of god knows what and the icicles take the piss. If you get him by one, it staggers you a bit and you get killed by the next ones. Its his health thats a drag. 10 bars or something. Thats a real problem with Dragons Dogma tbh. The difficulty mostly comes from the enemies massive health bar and frequency to one shot you. It just screams desperation from the devs to make the game hard. "How do we make the final boss difficult.........I know we'll give him 11 health bars" No that just makes it repetitive and boring.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, the city is only safe the very first time. If you enter the Sanctum and leave, it's gonna be overran with enemies. In post-Daimon it's even more insane. I ran like hell, jumping from roof to roof, but I'm gonna try to clear it next time, just to say I did it.

Could someone let me know if they've seen any giant saurian sages around in post-bossman BBI? I haven't run into any, but maybe they're in an area I missed. . . I was a dumbass and need to skin one again.
I've only ever seen any in Rotwood Depository and in the Black Abbey (where they spawn with a Frostwyrm). I'm assuming you need Moonshimmer pelt? I can send you one to dupe at the Black Cat if you want. It's a pain though 'cause you usually need like 5 of them per piece of equipment, and a lot of gear needs it for rarefying. -_-

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Sent you a Bone Crest as thanks for the help with my pawn :) I'll need the good karma against the final boss of BBI.

Thank you! I will carry your pawn for my 2nd run through BBI and Ur Dragon grinding. It's going to be a bloody bloodbath!

Yeah, the city is only safe the very first time. If you enter the Sanctum and leave, it's gonna be overran with enemies. In post-Daimon it's even more insane. I ran like hell, jumping from roof to roof, but I'm gonna try to clear it next time, just to say I did it.

I've only ever seen any in Rotwood Depository and in the Black Abbey (where they spawn with a Frostwyrm). I'm assuming you need Moonshimmer pelt? I can send you one to dupe at the Black Cat if you want. It's a pain though 'cause you usually need like 5 of them per piece of equipment, and a lot of gear needs it for rarefying. -_-

I want one please.... can't seem to find any... please :) Moonshimmer Pelt I mean. If it's okay with you.

Sera O

Banned

Yes, I'm going to be in for a lot of forging no matter what I do! It seems it drops from the giant ones and I only ran into regulars in Rotwood.

If you have one you can send me that would be great! Thanks. If not, I'll try getting them to spawn in the Black Abbey.

Edit: After a bunch of attempts, I finally got the frost wyrm and sage group to spawn in the Black Abbey. I got the drop off a couple of them, so I'm good! Thanks for offering though.

ZenaxPure

I finally beat the dragon on NG+ and decided to just jump into BBI as soon as I got back into the game. Honestly my first impression is that it's just nice to see enemies I'm not used to seeing (as if I have one minor complaint with DD it's that there should have been more enemy variety).

Also I've been going through more vocations and maxing them. Working on Magick Archer now and haha I think this might end up being my main when I'm done with them all. Funnel Trail + Explosive bolt + Cutting Wind is hilarious/awesome in large groups of enemies.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thank you! I will carry your pawn for my 2nd run through BBI and Ur Dragon grinding. It's going to be a bloody bloodbath!

I want one please.... can't seem to find any... please :) Moonshimmer Pelt I mean. If it's okay with you.
Done. I'll borrow Celestia for a while, I like her; so far she's the only pawn who has survived an encounter with
Death
, lol. xD He showed up at the beginning of the Fortress of Remembrance where the strigoi ambush you, and I chased it off, which I usually do by myself because all my pawns are dead by then, but Celestia was still alive. Good for her!

Something funny happened at the Black Abbey earlier; after the battle I was looting the chests, and one of those is near a ledge. My main pawn and Sera O's pawn just ran and jumped over the chest and off the cliff like idiots... once again Celestia distinguished herself by not dying. :D On the plus side, the firedrake dropped a lv. 3 weapon (which I purified into a Darkening Storm), nice.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle

I brought her along with me to defeat ur-dragon three times. How much RC do you get?

Done. I'll borrow Celestia for a while, I like her; so far she's the only pawn who has survived an encounter with
Death
, lol. xD He showed up at the beginning of the Fortress of Remembrance where the strigoi ambush you, and I chased it off, which I usually do by myself because all my pawns are dead by then, but Celestia was still alive. Good for her!

Something funny happened at the Black Abbey earlier; after the battle I was looting the chests, and one of those is near a ledge. My main pawn and Sera O's pawn just ran and jumped over the chest and off the cliff like idiots... once again Celestia distinguished herself by not dying. :D On the plus side, the firedrake dropped a lv. 3 weapon (which I purified into a Darkening Storm), nice.

Hahaha thanks for using her :) I'll be waiting for that pelt! :D

BadWolf

God damn Daimon is hard. Even with 3 wakestones I cannot defeat him. My sorceress doesn't do much except cast high bolide very rarely, the ranger always climbs him and he then kills her quickly and I cannot believe I'm saying this but thank god for my main pawn. She no longer stiks next to me but finds a safe place to heal me. The amount of times I have been saved by her astounded me. By far the most useful. What made me angry though was getting to the boss.

Daimon is not too bad. His magic attacks are annoying like the one where he goes into the air and fires a barrage of god knows what and the icicles take the piss. If you get him by one, it staggers you a bit and you get killed by the next ones. Its his health thats a drag. 10 bars or something. Thats a real problem with Dragons Dogma tbh. The difficulty mostly comes from the enemies massive health bar and frequency to one shot you. It just screams desperation from the devs to make the game hard. "How do we make the final boss difficult.........I know we'll give him 11 health bars" No that just makes it repetitive and boring.

Imo climbing classes work best against both versions of Daimon.

Its important to hit him at his weak spot to do good damage so climbing is very effective.

Haven't tried it yet but I would imagine that Ranger's Ten Fold arrow would do good as well.

I think the game is built around making use of the various stat buff items and abilities, thus the health on the bosses. Stuff like popping 4 Conqueror's Periapt in a row makes a huge freaking difference to your damage output and makes those health bars disappear in seconds.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Imo climbing classes work best against both versions of Daimon.

Its important to hit him at his weak spot to do good damage so climbing is very effective.

Haven't tried it yet but I would imagine that Ranger's Ten Fold arrow would do good as well.

I think the game is built around making use of the various stat buff items and abilities, thus the health on the bosses. Stuff like popping 4 Conqueror's Periapt in a row makes a huge freaking difference to your damage output and makes those health bars disappear in seconds.

Tenfold Arrow with Blast Arrow to Daimon's head with Conqueror's Periapt is *the* fastest method currently known to defeat him IIRC.

OatmealMu

I just discovered a nasty bit of information in regards to Volpa. I've been trying to Dragonforge my Boots of Shadow by baiting the cursed dragon. During my last two battles Volpa's been possessed three times. I finally decided to look at her stats and discovered zero possession resistance. The thing is I've taken her on cursed dragon runs many times before. But since I've defeated Daimon she's been ripe for the possessing. Did some of her equipment change when I wasn't looking? Her armor looks the same...

Sera O

Banned
I just discovered a nasty bit of information in regards to Volpa. I've been trying to Dragonforge my Boots of Shadow by baiting the cursed dragon. During my last two battles Volpa's been possessed three times. I finally decided to look at her stats and discovered zero possession resistance. The thing is I've taken her on cursed dragon runs many times before. But since I've defeated Daimon she's been ripe for the possessing. Did some of her equipment change when I wasn't looking? Her armor looks the same...

Oh man I must have missed something accidentally yesterday. I put her on sorc for a bit while doing offline Ur and forging materials. Had to re-equip and maybe missed a piece. I'll check into it when I'm back on.

Edit: fixed - she had extra stuff in her inventory so I mixed up her equips.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
If you rest your party (and refresh your pawn) you should get it, I had gifted it before writing the last post.

Hmmm, I did not get it. I got Bone Crest from Herla, and a Rubicite, and the last one is a Throwblast I think? Hmmmm.

Also, last night I got a total of around 450.000 Rift Crystals from so many people for my Celestia! I am honestly shocked!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What? That's bullshit, I gifted you one. :(

I didn't get it, honest :O

Maybe you made a mistake and select that Rubicite instead...? Hmmmm.

Too bad the game does not mention which person gives me which gift though. But I am confident that last night I only received three: Bone Crest, Rubicite, and a Throwblast.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I brought Celestia and Kaine with me and a single Cursed Dragon dragonforged me 6 pieces of equipment. Definitely doing that again!

About 15000...that seems weird.

What...? That little? Huhhhhhhh.

Maybe it's because of it's the offline version.......? I don't get it.

I'll take your pawn for more spins in BBI then.

ZenaxPure

Speaking of pawn exchange stuff, anyone around level 70 want to exchange pawns for RC gains? I'm not sure how the system works (as in when you get RC), but, I don't change my party like ever so your pawn would probably be with me through my entire BBI adventure and whatever else I do.

Just looking for someone who is willing to take mine as well, I'll set her as whatever vocation you want as well since she has everything at max except ranger. Only thing is her gear isn't the best or anything since I'm just starting BBI.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Sbut, I don't change my party like ever

Oh, you will in BBI. In the main game I rarely changed my party or even refreshed pawns, in fact I almost never visited the riftstone, but in the BBI you have no choice, because of a little something called
Death
. I went into the Rift more times from the BBI than all the main game put together.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Do killed Pawns will give RC if the Arisen immediately hires some other pawn to replace him/her without dismissing inside Riftstone?

I carried Herla's Rea for quite a while during my 2nd BBI and fought several tough battles with her including 2 simultaneous Wyrms, where she got killed pretty often amidst all the chaos, hahaha. Managed to survive an encounter with Death afterwards though... but she got killed again as I rush towards Daimon in the Fallen City 2nd version, hahaha.

Managed to defeat Daimon and his awakened form without any Periapt, felt kind of nice :) Now outfitting my Celestia with some new stuff......

OatmealMu

Did what I wanted to (other than kill Death, I suppose) and decided to beat the game. Weird ending. Cool credit sequence, though. Unfortunately, I managed to change my beloved while trophy hunting. That random shop girl really likes foreign knives and large fish. Goddamn.

I utterly destroyed Daimon. Even my mage pawn was climbing on him and bashing him lol. I don't know what happened since last time ( I didn't lvl up or change gear or change pawns) but he was a real pushover. No wakestones needed. It seems after he does this "suck yo pawns" move, if you hit him he stays still for a half a minute and them my mage pawn climbed on him and he fell down for quite a while. His head is his weak spot and since my sword is impossibly long every jump attack pretty much connects to his head. Anticlimactic ending but still got the job done.

Did a quick re run of BBi to see how much things change and enemy placements are different but the difficulty is still kind of the same. I'm no longer scared of Death, gorecyclops or those dogs. The only thing that game me difficulty was a fire dragon in Duskmoon Tower. I'll probably finish the re run to get some cool gear and the wrap post game up.

Step

For me the hardest challenge are still the dual Frostwyrm at the Sparyard of Scant Mercy, they spam so many spells.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Magick Archer is so perfect for BBI I sometimes wonder maybe they make it especially for this vocation, hahaha.

Cursed Dragon/Frostwyrm? Immolation and *especially* Explosive RIvet takes them down like a charm.
Pissed off due to how often your lantern went off? No worries, Great Ward Arrow makes your lantern immune to getting dosed off (with an added bonus of immediate heal/immunity to any and all debilitation)
Condemned Gorecyclops? Pffft, Six/Ninefold Bolt works like a charm.
Eliminators? Played like a fool with Ricochet Hunters--or, Six/Ninefold Bolt works too.
Drakes? Six/Ninefold Bolts works like a champ.
Living armors? Bwahahaha Six/Ninefold Bolt or Richochet Hunters destroy them.

Etc etc etc.

The best vocation to handle BBI, bar none.

Step

And don't forget the magic atk/def up from Great Ward Arrow can be stack up to 4 cast, so good, once you go magick archer you never go back.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
And don't forget the magic atk/def up from Great Ward Arrow can be stack up to 4 cast, so good, once you go magick archer you never go back.

I think you meant Magick Rebalancer :) Yeah, free stackable Demon's/Angel's Periapts at all times? Free Panacea/Debilitate immunity at all times? Amazeballs.

Step

I think you meant Magick Rebalancer :) Yeah, free stackable Demon's/Angel's Periapts at all times? Free Panacea/Debilitate immunity at all times? Amazeballs.

Oh crap yeah haha, sorry.

Also it is so funny to cast ricochet hunter on a close area and watch Death beg for its life unable to move.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I didn't get it, honest :O

Maybe you made a mistake and select that Rubicite instead...? Hmmmm.
Nope, I had 4 pelts and when I checked just now I had 3. I sent you another one, let's see if you get this one. If not I give up. :(

Man, I was in the Scantyard and had just fought two frost drakes. My pawns all took some damage so I went back to the Riftstone inside the Scantyard to heal them, and then when I got out... bam, two more drakes (fire this time). xD Didn't know they'd respawn that fast. Killed them, and started looting, but before I could save...
Death
shows up. Kills all 3 pawns. -_- (Sorry Celestia, you're no longer badass XD) After I chase him off I return to the Rifstone to rehire the pawns... and then bam, two more drakes (1 fire, 1 frost). I said "screw it" (had no gear on me to dragonforge anyway :p) so I ran like hell for the exit to the city.

Now it's getting late, but next time I play I'm gonna clear that city like a champ, just y'all watch. And I'll kill that
Daimon
a third time, because, why not? *nods*

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Nope, I had 4 pelts and when I checked just now I had 3. I sent you another one, let's see if you get this one. If not I give up. :(

Man, I was in the Scantyard and had just fought two frost drakes. My pawns all took some damage so I went back to the Riftstone inside the Scantyard to heal them, and then when I got out... bam, two more drakes (fire this time). xD Didn't know they'd respawn that fast. Killed them, and started looting, but before I could save...
Death
shows up. Kills all 3 pawns. -_- (Sorry Celestia, you're no longer badass XD) After I chase him off I return to the Rifstone to rehire the pawns... and then bam, two more drakes (1 fire, 1 frost). I said "screw it" (had no gear on me to dragonforge anyway :p) so I ran like hell for the exit to the city.

Now it's getting late, but next time I play I'm gonna clear that city like a champ, just y'all watch. And I'll kill that
Daimon
a third time, because, why not? *nods*

I checked too, just to make sure, and sure enough the game shows "0" on the number of Moonshimmer Pelt I have when trying to golden-dragonforge my Trophy armor.

Also, IIRC in Scantyard there's a Riftstone right next to the entrance, correct...? So you don't have to exit the room to heal your pawn... or maybe I am misremembering stuff.

And yeah, I aim to clear Fallen City on my next run. Multiple dragons, eliminators everywhere, living armors: who in here wants to submit his/her pawn for me to carry? Because if I manage to clear it out I imagine you will get a crazy amount of RC, ahahahaha.

I use Magick Archer and my Celestia is a Mage, so Fighter/Strider/Sorcerer is preferable.

Herla

Speaking of pawn exchange stuff, anyone around level 70 want to exchange pawns for RC gains? I'm not sure how the system works (as in when you get RC), but, I don't change my party like ever so your pawn would probably be with me through my entire BBI adventure and whatever else I do.

Just looking for someone who is willing to take mine as well, I'll set her as whatever vocation you want as well since she has everything at max except ranger. Only thing is her gear isn't the best or anything since I'm just starting BBI.

My Ranger is 75 at the moment, add me on PSN (Herlaking). I'm probably almost done with BBI, but I have plenty more stuff that I plan to do.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Yeah, you need to rest at a bench or inn to get the gifts, but I assume you did that since you had gotten other gifts. Weird delay, but anyway, glad they made it at least!

Feel free to borrow Kai, my pawn, if you want. He should be pretty strong, he was mainly a warrior so his str should be high, and he's got almost all gold-dragonforged gear (including two Bitterblack level 3 weapons), level 140 or so. His inclination keeps messing up though, but at least he's not a guardian for now.

And yes, the Riftstone in the Scantyard is the one I meant. Apparently entering it after fighting the Scantyard enemies triggers an instant respawn, hah. Good for farming dragonforging, I guess, but I just wanted to restore my pawns's HP to the max... xD

Top Bottom