• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

atomsk

Party Pooper
Apparently they patched the original DD yesterday on 360 yesterday and it is fucking up save files

http://www.capcom-unity.com/dragonsdogma/go/thread/view/122057/29888091/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/626514-dragons-dogma/66027680

Friend of mine (who is 200) just sent me these

DhGVqfb.jpg

6CbLL1V.jpg

While save corruption in DD is not that uncommon (I've always played with 2 backups) the fact that it's happening more after yesterdays patch right before DA, when players were making sure that save file was perfect before the import, is fuuuuuucked.

Apparently they patched the original DD yesterday on 360 yesterday and it is fucking up save files

DhGVqfb.jpg

6CbLL1V.jpg

While save corruption in DD is not that uncommon (I've always played with 2 backups) the fact that it's happening more after yesterdays patch right before DA, when players were making sure that save file was perfect before the import, is fuuuuuucked.

So is that error 360 only?

Skilletor

This just emphasizes the pawn chatter even more :(
The good audio in this game is really, really good. But the bad, is just ultra bad. They let you adjust quite a bit of what you see on screen, so I don't know why they didn't let you adjust how much of a priority pawn speech is. Someone was saying earlier that Capcom supposedly adjusted the pawn triggers though and that it shouldn't be as ear-gougingly painful this time.

Dude, yeah. The pawn chatter is SOOOOOO annoying. I'm so fucking tired of hearing wolves hunt in packs or THEY'RE WEAK TO FIRE.

I've only got like 10 hours in. :(

Mesoian

DhGVqfb.jpg

6CbLL1V.jpg

Oh my god Capcom...come on.

Alright, I'll back up my save file before I start this. Seriously, did they learn nothing from Phil Fish?

Just got back with my copy and I must say I'm really pissed at the direction the industry is heading with manuals:(

One of the reasons I've moved mostly to digital. At least with Playstation stuff.

I'll never touch Nintendo's store sans Virtual Console and downloadable titles ala Trine

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
If the game doesn't have locked saves, anyone who lost their save like that has to share in some of the blame.

Just started the dl on the PSN version. Put it off, put it off, wait for Dark Arisen to ship. Really looking forward to finally playing this title. What's the go-to wiki site for help and explanation?

TentPole

Super impressed with the UI changes. Being able to see how many of any item you have in storage so I don't accidentally buy the same gauntlets 3 times is great. Better yet is being able to equip yourself from storage instead of having to load all of the equipment onto a character to see how it looks or compare stats.

EDIT: Confirmed here (http://tinyurl.com/DDDAConfirmation), all of the below are in! People are now saying (me included) that none of the DLC is in. Only 6 costumes that come with Dark Arisen. No other DLC is included in this game.
[/B]

• A Coiffure You Can't Refuse
  • A Face of a Different Color
  • Weapon Pack: The Monster Hunter
  • Weapon Pack: The Debilitator
  • Armor Pack: Divine Protection
  • Armor Pack: Demon's Protection
  • Armor Pack: Motley Crew
  • Quest Pack: The Chosen
  • Quest Pack: The Challenger
  • Quest Pack: The Savvy
  • From A Different Sky - Parts 1 - 10
  • Set Out for Adventure - The Right Tools
  • Challenge Pack: A Trial for Adventurers

Mugaaz

Those beautiful manuals looked really good in my garbage can. It's a digital age, let's move on. Waste of paper is waste, even a small waste is still wasteful.

It's very sad, I used to love sitting down and looking through manuals before starting the game up.

That's at least one good reason to keep your copy of Dragon's Dogma.

I would almost recommend that if players of DA really like it, to seek out the original DD (used) just for the manual.

nikos

Ended up going digital, despite waiting for physical. No tax + having a few bucks of PSN credit saved me about $8.

Should be done in 20 minutes, then a long install from what I've read here.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
That awful feeling when I realize I didn't preorder this. I hope to christ gamestop actually has copies of this game that aren't on reserve.

phierce

That awful feeling when I realize I didn't preorder this. I hope to christ gamestop actually has copies of this game that aren't on reserve.
I hear ya. First game in a long ass time that I planned to buy, but didn't pre-order. I called 8 GameStops in my area yesterday, one store had 1 non-reserved copy, and another store had 2...I'll be at this store before the doors open.

I'm downloading the demo now and I'll report back in a few hours when I have the game to confirm if the demo save works to get the extras or not since noone seems to know yet.
any word on this yet?

EDIT: Confirmed here (http://tinyurl.com/DDDAConfirmation), all of the below are in!

• A Coiffure You Can't Refuse
  • A Face of a Different Color
  • Weapon Pack: The Monster Hunter
  • Weapon Pack: The Debilitator
  • Armor Pack: Divine Protection
  • Armor Pack: Demon's Protection
  • Armor Pack: Motley Crew
  • Quest Pack: The Chosen
  • Quest Pack: The Challenger
  • Quest Pack: The Savvy
  • From A Different Sky - Parts 1 - 10
  • Set Out for Adventure - The Right Tools
  • Challenge Pack: A Trial for Adventurers

Magnifico!!!

ironcreed

Banned
Those beautiful manuals looked really good in my garbage can. It's a digital age, let's move on. Waste of paper is waste, even a small waste is still wasteful.

Kind of agree with you these days. I used to cherish a big, fat colorful manual full of lore, etc. But then I realized that I only ever read through them maybe once and probably enjoyed the smell more than anything, lol. I have no need for a booklet that will do nothing but sit in a case while I am playing the game itself.

The Dragonforged icon on equipment looks different, I think.

New outfits added to your storage, some are male only.

There are now "Secret Augments"

Jewelry and Cloaks are now separate equip categories.

Dark Arisen at least has a manual for viewing from the main menu. Looks like a scan of the original.
Yea but its too much of a hassle if you want to check it and your in the game.

Wow this island is deadly, no joke. Enemy spoiler
I go to open a chest and this huge ass snake head pops out and one hits one of my pawns, and then he starts casting area death spells.

nikos

I sort of already regret going digital, just in case this ends up being rare. I actually think this is the first digital retail game that I've purchased, I always go physical for retail games.

reson8or

My character is around level 167, does anyone know if the new game content scales to this level?

I heard that there is new high level content, so am unsure if it would be best to keep my character or start again as the game was way too easy even after the hard patch at level 167.

reson8or

I sort of already regret going digital, just in case this ends up being rare. I actually think this is the first digital retail game that I've purchased, I always go physical for retail games.

Well, if you think of it as an add on, you might feel better. AFAIK its not as large as the original.

I was going to go digital but I was able to buy it a few days early at retail. I doubt this goes rare. Kind of wish I had it on digital now. :/

abundant

My character is around level 167, does anyone know if the new game content scales to this level?

I heard that there is new high level content, so am unsure if it would be best to keep my character or start again as the game was way too easy even after the hard patch at level 167.

The content is scaled to level 50 - 75. There will be a few encounters, like Death, that should still be a challenge at your level.

Arklite

Super impressed with the UI changes. Being able to see how many of any item you have in storage so I don't accidentally buy the same gauntlets 3 times is great. Better yet is being able to equip yourself from storage instead of having to load all of the equipment onto a character to see how it looks or compare stats.

That news is the greatest news ever. Managing those menus and having to repeatedly talk to the innkeeper in DD is like pulling teeth.

Shit guys, the screenshot feature got revamped. You can now move the camera around your character for more dynamic shots and remove your character from the shot entirely. Very cool. I expect you guys to start sharing!

Anteater

Shit guys, the screenshot feature got revamped. You can now move the camera around your character for more dynamic shots and remove your character from the shot entirely. Very cool. I expect you guys to start sharing!

oh shit, i don't even give a shit about the island now.

i still wish the quality is better -_-

ironcreed

Banned

That is quite neat. Will upload some screens for sure once I get started later. Very nice shots, btw.

stuminus3

Tempted to go grab this today since I missed out on the original release and I'm pretty sure now there won't be a PC version but I can't decide on 360 or PS3. I presume this is the same as the original in that the 360 has the better framerate but screen tearing and PS3 has Vsync but worse framerate?

I missed out on the original release. So I am defiantly buying this one I guess I'll go with digital release since I have around 23$ credit

Tempted to go grab this today since I missed out on the original release and I'm pretty sure now there won't be a PC version but I can't decide on 360 or PS3. I presume this is the same as the original in that the 360 has the better framerate but screen tearing and PS3 has Vsync but worse framerate?

yup

Does the save file corruption thing happen on the PS3 as well?

If so, how do I back it up on a USB drive? Do I have to do anything to the USB Drive before I can use it to back things up?

Top Bottom