• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
9mMXmZ6.jpeg
ye ye ye ye ye

Won't be able to play it til tonight though.

reson8or

The content is scaled to level 50 - 75. There will be a few encounters, like Death, that should still be a challenge at your level.

Thanks very much, I apprecaite that :)

What I will probably end up doing is creating a new character and playing through DA, then switch to my high level afterwards.

sublimit

Banned
Better yet is being able to equip yourself from storage instead of having to load all of the equipment onto a character to see how it looks or compare stats.

Shit guys, the screenshot feature got revamped. You can now move the camera around your character for more dynamic shots and remove your character from the shot entirely. Very cool. I expect you guys to start sharing!

Fantastic news!!!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I feel like someone needs to create a shopped cover for Dark Arisen, where the title is just "Super Dragon's Dogma".

I guess I just miss the Capcom of the SNES era.

What thing? No new achievements/trophies? That's been confirmed.

Yesterday GregaMan (Capcom employee) confirmed that there'd be new achievements/trophies for the new content, but today he edited his post to "confirmation pending". I guess he just assumed there would be (it makes sense since it's new content), and didn't really know for sure.

Wow, people weren't kidding about the manual. lol it's just the requisite warning labels and no cover. Time to pop this thing in after waiting on the first for the last year.

nikos

Without spoiling much, does this game have any character interaction/relationship elements? I sometimes roll female characters in MMOs, but usually not in single player games. Still considering it.

Without spoiling much, does this game have any character interaction/relationship elements? I sometimes roll female characters in MMOs, but usually not in single player games. Still considering it.

nope but keep in mind this game's audience in Japan were 30 yr & up males.

Dead

well not really...yet
It does

But you barely have any control over it. It pretty much depends on how you play the game.

Fuck it, I'm picking up a copy after work. I'll be interested to see what my long dormant Pawn has been up to while I've not been playing!

ezekial45

Banned

Nothing on the level of Skyrim or Fable, if that's what's you're thinking of. Though the interactions between you and your pawn (sidekick) are interesting. Other players can 'borrow' your pawn for their adventures, and when you return to your game, they'll give you knowledge about quests and monsters, and even extra items they got from questing with other players.

Is this game better than Tomb Raider ?
I want to return Tomb Raider for this one, I don't like Tomb Raider so far...
I know it's two different kind of games. I'm simply asking.

Still nothing about starting over and still be given the import bonuses?

I started over on Hard Mode and it imported my character intact with levels, equipment, money and crystals (and the bonuses). I have no answer for you on normal mode though.

Edit: But you can change it from hard to normal in game. But then you would totally overpowered. I assume you are wondering about being level 1 but having the ferrystone. I'm curious about that myself. I'm afraid to try and lose my stuff though lol

Ezi0

My PS3 copy got dispatched this morning. Hope it comes tomorrow :D. Very much looking forward to playing.

Gah, copy not here yet!

Has anybody been able to test yet if the save from the adventure demo on PS3 works for the infinite ferrystones?

Ferr986

What I will probably end up doing is creating a new character and playing through DA, then switch to my high level afterwards.

you can have various characters like Dark Souls? or you mean a backup of your old save?

Also I wonder if I can trade equipment between my characters, maybe using my pawn?

Kind of lazy to start again, but the wind is pushing me...

Is this game better than Tomb Raider ?
I want to return Tomb Raider for this one, I don't like Tomb Raider so far...
I know it's two different kind of games. I'm simply asking.

Apples and Oranges, of course. I was able to put Tomb Raider done after 15 hours. Dragon's Dogma I had well over 100 hours on a save, so just saying.

Ok my save from last night is on the cloud so im going to delete it and restart the game with just the vanilla save and then start a game on normal with a fresh character and see if you get the ferry stones.

I know im going to do something wrong and lose my entire game but curiosity is getting the better of me.

phierce

Gah, copy not here yet!

Has anybody been able to test yet if the save from the adventure demo on PS3 works for the infinite ferrystones?
Item_Screen and pahamrick are/were in the process of checking this, but with the long install, etc., no confirmation has been posted yet.

I have my copy in hand and on my way home, but currently waiting to find this out, as well (no way I could check it faster than those two who have already begun).

joeblow

I'm pretty sure I'll dload a PSN copy this week. I haven't played the first game and really like a challenge in my action brawlers - how many initial difficulties can I choose from? I'll likely dive in to the toughest option.

Item_Screen and pahamrick are/were in the process of checking this, but with the long install, etc., no confirmation has been posted yet.

I have my copy in hand and on my way home, but currently waiting to find this out, as well (no way I could check it faster than those two who have already begun).

Thanks for the update! My copy's still in transit. Any minute, I hope!

You only need to import your vanilla data once and the bonuses will apply to every new game you make from there on out.

Confirmed it myself.

How about the DLC outfits? Normally, when you buy them, they just appear in your inventory; however, Dark Arisen is supposed to have all of the Vanilla DLC in it. I started up Dark Arisen and I had none of the DLC armor packs (Jester, MH, etc.) in my inventory. Any idea how this is carried over?

How about the DLC outfits? Normally, when you buy them, they just appear in your inventory; however, Dark Arisen is supposed to have all of the Vanilla DLC in it. I started up Dark Arisen and I had none of the DLC armor packs (Jester, MH, etc.) in my inventory. Any idea how this is carried over?

Good question - I didn't see any of it in my inventory either.

So, to double check, brand new character, and pawn started from level 1, and the ferrystone was in the warehouse? If so, hurray.

Yep, as well as the 6 costumes.

Damn. I've been playing since Friday and didn't know that there was free stuff waiting for me. I will have to check for it tonight.

Might have to buy them again, I'm interested in seeing how this works too.

Good question - I didn't see any of it in my inventory either.

We have a serious problem then, I'm seeing other people claiming that the following DLC is not in the game:

EDIT: Confirmed here (http://tinyurl.com/DDDAConfirmation), all of the below are in! People are now saying (me included) that none of the DLC is in. Only 6 costumes that come with Dark Arisen. No other DLC is included in this game.

• A Coiffure You Can't Refuse
  • A Face of a Different Color
  • Weapon Pack: The Monster Hunter
  • Weapon Pack: The Debilitator
  • Armor Pack: Divine Protection
  • Armor Pack: Demon's Protection
  • Armor Pack: Motley Crew
  • Quest Pack: The Chosen
  • Quest Pack: The Challenger
  • Quest Pack: The Savvy
  • From A Different Sky - Parts 1 - 10
  • Set Out for Adventure - The Right Tools
  • Challenge Pack: A Trial for Adventurers

UPDATE: Gamespot forum guys are saying that the Pawn Guild isn't showing any DLC quests.

Top Bottom