• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen |OT| deep down darkness

I wouldn't be surprised to see it all in the Black Cat. Sucks for people who bought it in the last game and got a free copy of each item.

A guy over at Gamespot checked and the Black Cat wasn't selling anything that he had not previously paid for. I'll check when I get back from the office, but damn we were so close to a STEAL of a deal. I have a feeling that the Capcom rep was misinformed about the DLC.

We have a serious problem then, I'm seeing other people claiming that the following DLC is not in the game:

UPDATE: Gamespot forum guys are saying that the Pawn Guild isn't showing any DLC quests.

When i went to the pawn guild the first 6 From A different Sky quests were on the board. Others don't show up until you are further... no?

When i went to the pawn guild the first 6 From A different Sky quests were on the board. Others don't show up until you are further... no?

Hmmm, maybe we have a huge glitch on our hands...

Had you already bought that stuff (Different Sky) before? Was the Black Cat selling the Jester gear or MH stuff? Did you get any of the adventure weapons in your warehouse or inventory?

ironcreed

Banned
All of these new tweaks and features is going to demand that I start with a fresh character after I beat Bitterblack Isle the first time with my import. Really cool that they went back and added all that to the original game.

I will also add that I just tested it by importing a save but then completely rerolling and I had 100,000 crystals, the outfits and the eternal ferrystone waiting in the deposit box at the inn.

So re-reroll away, arisen(s).

Have you bought them before?

I'm going to be annoyed if my DLC is gone. I won't mind if I have to buy everything from the Black Cat, but I don't feel like downloading all of it again.

Not sure if want to pick this up now if none of the DLC is included...

Does anyone remember if the DLC was touted as a feature of the game?

branny

Shit guys, the screenshot feature got revamped. You can now move the camera around your character for more dynamic shots and remove your character from the shot entirely. Very cool. I expect you guys to start sharing!
Holy shit. In vanilla it was like pulling teeth just to get a good shot of your character and pawn, lmao.

Not sure if want to pick this up now if none of the DLC is included...

Yeah, it's a very confusing predicament.

Many are not finding the DLC armor, weapons, rings, etc. in their inventory which is what should happen when you activate the DLC normally (paying for it).

Some are reporting that the quests are not showing up, but famousmortimer had found the first set of the Different Sky DLC quests on the Pawn Board.

Some players are claiming that the Black Cat is not selling any of the DLC armor/weapons/costumes that have not been purchased.

Does anyone remember if the DLC was touted as a feature of the game?

It was confirmed in a Q/A session: http://tinyurl.com/DDDAConfirmation

Hmmm, maybe we have a huge glitch on our hands...

Had you already bought that stuff (Different Sky) before? Was the Black Cat selling the Jester gear or MH stuff? Did you get any of the adventure weapons in your warehouse or inventory?

I had bought the different sky in vanilla.

The only things in my inventory that weren't there in vanilla were the new outfits and the new ferry stone. I don't remember ever buying/getting any gear in vanilla but I also don't have the best memory. I had just gotten to gran soren last night on hard mode... I'll go look around.

I guess it is worth noting that the description doesn't say anything about including the DLC. It just says the original game and the new island. But I can attest at the very least that the different sky quests import.

I assume you all trust me... but here's a pic just to prove i'm not crazy.

H6R1rRi.jpg

I'm at the black cat right now. I have no idea what I should be looking for though. He's selling a ton of stuff but I don't know if any of it is DLC or not. Unlike the Sky quests I didn't buy these in the vanilla game.

I'm at the black cat right now. I have no idea what I should be looking for though. He's selling a ton of stuff but I don't know if any of it is DLC or not. Unlike the Sky quests I didn't buy these in the vanilla game.

Look for the Jester outfit, Mercede's Armor, Monster Hunter armor, and tons of rings (like 12 I think). The other DLC were hairstyles, which should be at the stylist. Thanks for checking this out for us, famousmortimer!

Raptomex

So I tried installing the first disk after the second and it wouldn't install. It plays fine but wth. Anyone else try this?

Just to clarify as well.

I played Vanilla. Didn't beat it. Stopped at level 38 (combat was becoming trivial).

Imported that save, restarted in hard mode which imports your character as basically a new game +. So im level 39 now. But quest wise all i've done is reach Gran Soren. So maybe I need to do more quests before more things open up?

Mesoian

Just to clarify as well.

I played Vanilla. Didn't beat it. Stopped at level 38 (combat was becoming trivial).

Imported that save, restarted in hard mode which imports your character as basically a new game +. So im level 39 now. But quest wise all i've done is reach Gran Soren. So maybe I need to do more quests before more things open up?

...End game might end up kicking your ass. In Vanilla, when the difficult jump happens, it happens instantly and it is STARK.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if all that DLC stuff was only available until after you get to the second tier of story quests.

TentPole

Look for the Jester outfit, Mercede's Armor, Monster Hunter armor, and tons of rings (like 12 I think). The other DLC were hairstyles, which should be at the stylist. Thanks for checking this out for us, famousmortimer!

You are being jerked around by either the mean spirited or the misinformed. I never bought any of the DLC for my PS3 copy and it is all here in DA. From a Different Sky fetch quest are there. All sorts of random notice board quest have popped up at every board in the game. All DLC items are available for purchase at the Black Cat as intended, including Mercades' Captain's Armor Set.

...End game might end up kicking your ass. In Vanilla, when the difficult jump happens, it happens instantly and it is STARK.

Yeah I'm prepared to kick it down to normal if and when I have to. I wanted to start over but I wanted to keep my character... so this is what i decided.

Maybe I should just reroll and start brand new.

You are being jerked around by either the mean spirited or the misinformed. I never bought any of the DLC for my PS3 copy and it is all here in DA. From a Different Sky fetch quest are there. All sorts of random notice board quest have popped up at every board in the game. All DLC items are available for purchase at the Black Cat as intended, including Mercades' Captain's Armor Set.

Captain's Set armor was at my black cat also. I didn't realize that was mercedes'.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
My Slice and Amazon apps are reporting touch down.
It's been a long day at the office today.

Shinta

Banned
Is it really that difficult?

No backing out now I already own it. It couldn't possibly be more difficult than the vanilla version.

The guy reviewing it didn't even play the original Dragon's Dogma. He started on the expansion content first with a copy provided by Capcom with late game, high level character save files.

That should really tell you all you need to know about his opinion that the game is too difficult.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
PS: My pawn is a level 130-something mage; with every single skill and augment from vanilla DD mastered. I think every single quest's knowledge stat is maxxed too.

PSN: Mejilan if you'd like to hire her for free.

Dave1988

How far were you in DD before importing into DA? Maybe that plays into the DLC's availabilty?

Mesoian

Is it really that difficult?

No backing out now I already own it. It couldn't possibly be more difficult than the vanilla version.

No, it's not. There are some real spikes in the difficulty though.

The first 3 hours is TOUGH because you are illequpt for the things that come out you until you hit Gran Soren. Once you get better weapons and armor, you'll be fine...until you
kill the dragon
. Then the difficult spikes again and gets REALLY REALLY REALLY hard.

xCobalt

There is DLC quests in the game. There are some new quests scattered on different notice boards which i assume are also the dlc.

On a different note, the new wolves in this area are annoying.

@Tentpole and famousmortimer - thanks guys, so it seems that:

1. DLC Quests are in, but only activate at their designated time and there is no tooltip mention of their inclusion beyond checking the Quest Board.

2. DLC equipment is all seemingly in and can be purchased at the Black Cat shop (Jester, Mercedes) but the rings that came with the Motley Crew DLC haven't surfaced yet.

Now, what about the hairstyles and voices? Could you guys confirm if those are in?

I'm hoping that it isn't a glitch that prohibits any of these DLC goodies to show up.

Subxero

Wanted to pick this up from BestBuy today since I have some credit. They are showing it as only available for shipping.I guess that leaves Gamestop if I don't want to wait til the end of the week.

Mesoian

So any confirmed reports whether this version has better framerate over the vanilla version (on PS3)?

Pretty sure they said that they weren't trying to improve that stuff or fixing the tearing on the 360 version. Visually, it's the same game.

I respect Demon's Souls, but when I die and have to start from the very beginning of the level all over again, I get very annoyed (see an hour or more of time wasted). I enjoyed the Dragon's Dogma demos far more, but never purchased a copy. Am I better off staying away?

SOLDIER

Pretty sure they said that they weren't trying to improve that stuff or fixing the tearing on the 360 version. Visually, it's the same game.

I'd still like reports from anyone currently playing right now. I'm considering nabbing it on PSN since I still have the $10 credit from the last promotion.

Mesoian

I respect Demon's Souls, but when I die and have to start from the very beginning of the level all over again, I get very annoyed (see an hour or more of time wasted). I enjoyed the Dragon's Dogma demos far more, but never purchased a copy. Am I better off staying away?

No, you'll be okay. Death isn't as dramatic as a penalty as it is in Dark Souls. That being said though, that doesn't mean you can fuck around and come out scott free, especially at night and especially against dense mobs or large enemies.

The guy reviewing it didn't even play the original Dragon's Dogma. He started on the expansion content first with a copy provided by Capcom with late game, high level character save files.

That should really tell you all you need to know about his opinion that the game is too difficult.

I figured that if someone is not liking a game anyways, any difficulty would be the unpleasant kind...

No, you'll be okay. Death isn't as dramatic as a penalty as it is in Dark Souls. That being said though, that doesn't mean you can fuck around and come out scott free, especially at night and especially against dense mobs or large enemies.

Outstanding! Thanks for the insight! Now it's just a PS3 vs. 360 question. :)

Top Bottom