• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Could be NDA related to be fair. But I don't know how that works for ex employee libel. If I was an innocent man I'd be talking to my lawyers right about now.
It's definitely NDA related. If it had nothing to do with preying on a minor, he could outright deny it. He was way better off saying nothing than that response. Regardless, you know it has to be pretty bad if twitch wanted to cut all ties and lose millions of dollars. Stuff like that can be hard to prove in court, but I'm sure if transcripts ever got released, Twitch would be absolutely destroyed if they didn't ban him

Don't feel too bad. Hilarious how one can be a transphobe but is somehow OK with preying on children

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Dr HideYourKids
chris-hansen-and-crew-werent-after-pedophiles-1472483529.jpg

Robbit_80

Twitter/X isn't real life, he doesn't have to say shit. Must be NDA reasons and at the end of day if anything sus was up the police would have been involved for sure. Twitch surely has a duty of care to any alleged victim?

You don't 'settle' something like this. It's 99% bollocks and Disrespect should go for the jugular if so.
You certainly do. I don't know what makes you think otherwise. There is a reason why Twitch banned him, losing millions in the process. It's in Twitch's best interest to sweep this under the rug. It's a PR nightmare if Disrespect, one of their biggest streamers, gets outed as preying on minors

It's definitely NDA related. If it had nothing to do with preying on a minor, he could outright deny it. He was way better off saying nothing than that response. Regardless, you know it has to be pretty bad if twitch wanted to cut all ties and lose millions of dollars. Stuff like that can be hard to prove in court, but I'm sure if transcripts ever got released, Twitch would be absolutely destroyed if they didn't ban him

Don't feel too bad. Hilarious how one can be a transphobe but is somehow OK with preying on children

So... the DOC had a multi-billion dollar company over the barrel, and got THEM to agree to an NDA and the remainder of his contract? Was him and the CEO sexting the same minor? That's the only way that makes sense. Whatever may have happened, Twitch was in the wrong and was forced to settle.

You certainly do. I don't know what makes you think otherwise. There is a reason why Twitch banned him, losing millions in the process. It's in Twitch's best interest to sweep this under the rug. It's a PR nightmare if Disrespect, one of their biggest streamers, gets outed as preying on minors
You can't settle a criminal charge. I'm pretty sure that if what he did was as bad as is being suggested, he would have been investigated by the police, which would be a publicly available record.

Twitter/X isn't real life, he doesn't have to say shit. Must be NDA reasons and at the end of day if anything sus was up the police would have been involved for sure. Twitch surely has a duty of care to any alleged victim?
NDA doesn't restrict Disrespect from saying it had nothing to do with an underage girl, which it almost 100% true at this point, otherwise he would surely deny it

Also, there are plenty of scenarios where it is very clear what Disrespect's intentions were but didn't cross the line legally. For example, Disrespect could have been flirtatious in chat, without explicitly mentioning sex, and told the girl his room number at Twitch-Con. It is clear as day his intentions to everybody, but in the eyes of the law, nothing was broken

*Nightwing

Banned
Actual valid information we have:

-Doc initiated lawsuit
-Twitch paid out Docs remaining contract

Even giving a grain of salt to the rumors, it sounds like it was a defamation/wrongfull termination of contract lawsuit. The truth, especially with saved private messages, is the only legal defense to defamation suits and Doc walked away the Victor in the case despite Twitch supposedly having daming evidence to prove it isn’t defamation and wrongful contract termination…

Reading between the lines like a sensationalist drama queen it seems to me it’s clear twitch did make and terminate Doc on false allegations, and settled a case they could not win per their law team.

If my assumptions based on the lack of information provided are correct, either Twitch is going to cease and desist on these former employees and have an obligation to sue them to stop further false allegations if they don’t delete, retract and silence themselves or Doc has a case to sue Twitch again as this is all from the same case he originally initiated and those former employees are using proprietary information gathered under Twitch employment

Last edited:

Brigandier

So even with not knowing any of the facts no matter what he's guilty in your mind with no evidence presented other than a tweet from some random Joe....

You sound like a just stop oil activist.

What the fuck is wrong with you?.

londontko

You can't settle a criminal charge. I'm pretty sure that if what he did was as bad as is being suggested, he would have been investigated by the police, which would be a publicly available record.
This is a really stupid take. People get fired or let go all the time for behaviour that isn’t criminal.

This is a really stupid take. People get fired or let go all the time for behaviour that isn’t criminal.
They are implying that he did something criminal though.

Edit: maybe I'm wrong that texting an underage girl with clear intent to meet up in a sexual manner is criminal or not. I'm willing to concede that point. I really can't be bothered to switch on my VPN to look that up though.

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
No idea what Whispers is, or who Dr Disrespect is, but the "powers that be" can't just read private messaging between two individuals using their platform unless one of the parties reported it. So if the texting was true either Twitch staff read it without consent (which would probably be the counterattack by Dr Disrespect) or did it after the conversation was reported (in which case why would they pay out?).

Cyberpunkd

For example, Disrespect could have been flirtatious in chat, without explicitly mentioning sex, and told the girl his room number at Twitch-Con. It is clear as day his intentions to everybody, but in the eyes of the law, nothing was broken
How is that different than all of these “how to catch a predator” setups?

Dick Jones

Gold Member
So Twitch knew of criminal behaviour and fully paid out the offender instead of cancelling the contract over a morals clause (I can't imagine a corporation being too stupid to input a get out of jail free clause) & contacting the police. Yeah, I'm not buying that version. Twitch staff cannot be that dangerously stupid to the company, leaving themselves open to litigation or criminal charges.

Unless Dr Disrespect is misrepresenting on the full payout part. If Twitch contacted the police and paid up fully to the date of cancellation then Twitch have done everything right to exit that dumpster fire.

*Nightwing

Banned
I haven't really followed any of this, but that has to be the most awkwardly worded denial I've ever seen.
True but it is 100% lawyer instructed speak…

To share a bit of the retarded nuance of the American legal system; If the plaintiff in a defamation suit is going around publicly repeating the defamation that is so bad the defendant saying it has to give the plaintiff $… the court will view that as acknowledgment that it didn’t really bother the plaintiff, and they then have suffered no damage, and hence can have their judgement reversed.

He literally cannot even acknowledge the defamation publicly in any way without putting his current monetary agreement in jeopardy. Every lawyer would specifically instruct him this and tell him to never mention it publicly.

And there is no way to offer a non-awkward defense publicly without addressing the defamation directly.

He really needs to hire a PR person to handle this shit lmao.

That statement is keeping his settlement against Twitch in his bank account.

This rumor has been around since literally the day of his ban. Unless somebody can come up with something that isn't second hand information it'll die away just like it did before.

Topher

Gold Member
Was that actually a denial?

I can assure you if someone accused me of something along those lines my statement would be crystal clear the allegations were false and either they take them down or I am suing for defamation

I think I paused a solid minute before typing the word "denial" because I couldn't think of a word for whatever that was.

You are correct though.....the denial for something like this should be an explicit denial.

Thank God for my simple life.

True but it is 100% lawyer instructed speak…

To share a bit of the retarded nuance of the American legal system; If the plaintiff in a defamation suit is going around publicly repeating the defamation that is so bad the defendant saying it has to give the plaintiff $… the court will view that as acknowledgment that it didn’t really bother the plaintiff, and they then have suffered no damage, and hence can have their judgement reversed.

He literally cannot even acknowledge the defamation publicly in any way without putting his current monetary agreement in jeopardy. Every lawyer would specifically instruct him this and tell him to never mention it publicly.

And there is no way to offer a non-awkward defense publicly without addressing the defamation directly.

Yeah, was about to say this sounded like something a lawyer would come up with. Would have been better to have not tweeted a reply at all.

night13x

Just another day of fake ass accusations over twatter, probably revenge tweet, against the Doc.

"oh I heard....no actual source....trust me bro....." Get your ass out of here. Hopefully Doc will be even more rich after all of this.

nush

This rumor has been around since literally the day of his ban. Unless somebody can come up with something that isn't second hand information it'll die away just like it did before.
and as this topic is a preserved historical timeline you can see not until page 47 that something even remotely like that is mentioned on an anonymous 4chan post and even then it's completely different from today's tweet.

and as this topic is a preserved historical timeline you can see not until page 47 that something even remotely like that is mentioned on an anonymous 4chan post and even then it's completely different from today's tweet.

What do you think this tweet a few hours after his ban is referring to?

Its the same shit.

Last edited:
Top Bottom