• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

About Time GIF

clarky

Gold Member
Considering the possibility of this being true and doing some mental gymnast here... (basically i'm conjecturing that Dr. did some shit, which may not be true.)

I don't know if what surprises me more is the Doctor's stance on the case or if it was T. simply sweeping everything under the rug through a large fine and an NDA, without involving the competent authorities.
You're part of the problem.

Haint

You know, I keep finding it funny how he keeps saying "no wrongdoing was found" like...genuinely it's such a poor choice of words... It's like if a criminal is saying "well yeah I did the crime but the court didn't find me guilty so I'm not guilty".

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Just say no wrongdoing was done...He needs a better PR person.

Yeah if you're fired for stealing shit from an employer and you sign a settlement NDA related to stealing shit from an employer, you're absolutely allowed to say you didn't proposition minors. This is the kind of thing you explicitly respond to with "No, I was not sexting minors, these allegations are patently false". The bizarre legalese tuned partial-non-responses which don't seem to make any sort of legal sense WRT this kind of settlement (if they were indeed patently false) are certainly supporting the allegations are at least partially true at a high level, which technically didn't amount to criminal or "wrong doing", but were probably more flirtatious or PG-13 in nature. Which Twitch probably acquired by dubious methods, and would be inadmissible in court. Reality is they probably caught him hitting on teenage girls which was only bordering on too raunchy or solicitation. A well educated deep 6 figures FAANG employee coming out years later making this stuff up out of whole cloth knowing full well the ramifications if there was indeed zero ounce of truth behind it is also very very unlikely.

Last edited:

Red5

He probably was doing something that could be interpreted as sexting a minor enough for Twitch to not want to deal with him anymore but not explicit enough to convict him. Probably Twitch paid to terminate his contract.

Just my 2 cents based on nothing.

nani17

are in a big trouble
I don't understand how twitch finds out bans him and the then pay off his contract. I mean if he was guilty of this why would the pay him. I think he even sued them and won that's how he was paid. Honestly this is too confusing as to what is true and not true.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
I mean did you not bother to read the last line I wrote? Or do you have an itchy trigger finger?
Let me try:

Red5 probably was doing something that could be interpreted as sexting a minor enough for Twitch to not want to deal with him anymore but not explicit enough to convict him. Probably Twitch paid to terminate his contract.

just my 2 cents based on absolutely nothing.

(don't forget to read the last bit.)

Red5

Let me try:

Red5 probably was doing something that could be interpreted as sexting a minor enough for Twitch to not want to deal with him anymore but not explicit enough to convict him. Probably Twitch paid to terminate his contract.

just my 2 cents based on absolutely nothing.

(don't forget to read the last bit.)

So you did read it? Good, then you answered your own question.

Red5

Not cool mate. Not cool at all.

Look, I don't mean to come off as an asshole and I'm sorry it came off like that.

What I meant was, if a company like Twitch was willing to severe a contract with one of their highest earning breadwinners and to actually pay him just so they can get rid of their contractual obligations to him then that sends warning signals.

These are the fact that we have to base our opinions on and this is a board for people to share their opinions, otherwise why even have this thread open for discussion? and people are acting as if I sued or accused him in a court.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Look, I don't mean to come off as an asshole and I'm sorry it came off like that.

What I meant was, if a company like Twitch was willing to severe a contract with one of their highest earning breadwinners and to actually pay him just so they can get rid of their contractual obligations to him then that sends warning signals.

These are the fact that we have to base our opinions on and this is a board for people to share their opinions, otherwise why even have this thread open for discussion? and people are acting as if I sued or accused him in a court.
Imagine what's about to happen if Twitch paid him to go away and kept it hush hush that someone was sexting minors and now this guy who it seems was somewhat up the food chain at Twitch just implicated himself in being part of the coverup

I don't like Doc and all but I don't think its THAT bad whatever got him fired from Twitch

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
Throwing out baseless accusations like these should be a bannable offense.
Disagree, in fact he's not accusing anyone of anything... He makes it clear in his language that he offering only speculation. Speculation in this case that is compatible with the circumstantial evidence that we do have. Until there is more information available, he is not breaking any rules of logic

clarky

Gold Member
Disagree, in fact he's not accusing anyone of anything... He makes it clear in his language that he offering only speculation. Speculation in this case that is compatible with the circumstantial evidence that we do have. Until there is more information available, he is not breaking any rules of logic
What evidence would that be?

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Though he got permed because he took a shit in is inflatable bathtub when stroking his nips for views

clarky

Gold Member
Though he got permed because he took a shit in is inflatable bathtub when stroking his nips for views
More believable than him being a paedophile but twitch paying him out for his full contract to keep him quiet and then Youtube welcoming him with open arms.

coffinbirth

Yeah if you're fired for stealing shit from an employer and you sign a settlement NDA related to stealing shit from an employer, you're absolutely allowed to say you didn't proposition minors. This is the kind of thing you explicitly respond to with "No, I was not sexting minors, these allegations are patently false". The bizarre legalese tuned partial-non-responses which don't seem to make any sort of legal sense WRT this kind of settlement (if they were indeed patently false) are certainly supporting the allegations are at least partially true at a high level, which technically didn't amount to criminal or "wrong doing", but were probably more flirtatious or PG-13 in nature. Which Twitch probably acquired by dubious methods, and would be inadmissible in court. Reality is they probably caught him hitting on teenage girls which was only bordering on too raunchy or solicitation. A well educated deep 6 figures FAANG employee coming out years later making this stuff up out of whole cloth knowing full well the ramifications if there was indeed zero ounce of truth behind it is also very very unlikely.
Twitch never publicly stated why he was terminated. Doc never publicly stated why he thought he was terminated.
Everything in between is conjecture.

But I will tell you this as someone that was watching Doc on Twitch the last few weeks he was streaming there...he was espousing some cancel-worthy at the time shit... anti-vax, lizard people, Alex Jones links and some other fairly questionable/controversial subjects. He was banned inside of three weeks of the anti-vax stuff. Not something Amazon wanted to have ANYTHING to do with, and I'd bet my 1990 Diablo VT on it ;p

The CEO of Twitch himself said "there was an alien invasion that people were not aware of, and Dr Disrespect was possessed". Now, would you make a joke like this if he were actually accused of some pedo shit, or if he was acting like a crazy person and telling his 4 million+ followers to not get vaccinated?

If it all comes out in the wash that this shit is true, I'll come back here and eat that crow.

12Goblins

Lil’ Gobbie
When it comes to serious allegations it's always important to remember that belief is not truth. It's why the phrase "believe all women" was always stupid. It was being used to lay guilt at the feet of the accused. People can choose to believe whatever they want. But that doesn't mean you're right in your belief. In a just and properly functioning society, people should not be punished until accusations are proven. Otherwise you open pandora's box. Unfortunately, we've seen a lot of people punished or had their lives derailed over the years just over mere accusations. Due process is extremely important.

And no, circumstantial stuff doesn't qualify as proof. "Well, if he was truly innocent, he would've done X, Y, or Z" is inadequate. Everyone responds to situations differently, that in itself is not evidence of anything.

Me personally, I really tend to not have any opinions on innocent or guilt with most of these situations. There really is no reason to have an opinion tbh. Wake me up with all the facts come out, and if they never do, then I'll never have an opinion on it. Every time some famous public figure is accused of something you have a bunch of people grandstanding about how they're "done with them" etc etc. That's not justice, that's vanity. John Doe rando from Lansing, Michigan's opinion on the matter has no impact on the situation whatsoever.
couldn't agree more with the last part of your post, but I think misunderstandings remain around the socalled "believe all women" movement. Contrary to what many think, it does not mean "women are not liars". In fact, because so many women do lie, we have inadvertently adopted a bias (including women) to dismiss women's claims before they are even taken into consideration. "Believe all women" just means to give women the benefit of the doubt in order to protect the honest ones.

Similarly, 'black lives matter' does not mean 'only black lives matter'--it means that, in a world we have adopted a worldview where black lives are seen as less valuable (even amongst blacks), that "black lives matter too"

Last edited:

anthony2690

He really needs to hire a PR person to handle this shit lmao.

Genuinely beyond awful response.

But assuming it's true that Amazon paid up his contract and then banned him, I find it hard to believe this is true.

As surely they would report/ban his ass and not pay up, just for them paying up and only banning, I find the story very questionable, as I'm sure they would love an excuse to not pay up millions.

Whilst I can't stand streamers, I'll give benefit of the doubt for now.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
couldn't agree more with the last part of your post, but I think misunderstandings remain around the socalled "believe all women" movement. Contrary to what many think, it does not mean "women are not liars". In fact, because so many women do lie, we have inadvertently adopted a bias (including women) to dismiss women's claims before they are even taken into consideration. "Believe all women" just means to give women the benefit of the doubt in order to protect the honest ones.

Similarly, 'black lives matter' does not mean 'only black lives matter'--it means that, in a world we have adopted a worldview where black lives are seen as less valuable (even amongst blacks), that "black lives matter too"
It can mean that, but unfortunately, in practice, it hasn't been used that way. I've seen instances where people have been accused of things without proof, they either were completely vilified, lost jobs or opportunities or what have you, and the response to "What the fuck are you trying to destroy this person's life for? None of this has been proven yet" is "Believe all women."

I think "Listen to women" is far more appropriate. Then you decide what you want to believe and what you don't want to believe. As long as you listen and give their claims a chance and hear them out. No one has earned blind trust though. Even when it comes to law enforcement, they don't have to believe someone's story, and can still do their job and investigate the claims and allow the facts and evidence to either prove or disprove their instincts.

Barakov

Has the lynch mob apologized yet?
They never do. They'll believe whatever they want because it's their "truth" vs. what actually happened. Most of the people of the people on the other site are not big enough to believe they were wrong about anything.

Red5

He needs to sue that Twitch employee for defamation after this.

Don't see it, for that to happen he needs to show that the Twitch employee fabricated all of this with the clear intention of character assassination, which is incredible hard to do in any case but even if he goes to court, it might violate all of the signed NDA with Twitch and that Twitch employee might just end up having proof to back up his claims.

T-0800

That is a failure of marketing essentially. It should have always been 'Black Lives Matter Too'. No room for confusion.

tamago84

He probably was doing something that could be interpreted as sexting a minor enough for Twitch to not want to deal with him anymore but not explicit enough to convict him. Probably Twitch paid to terminate his contract.

Just my 2 cents based on nothing.
Nice, reddit and resetera are your sources?

Gp1

You're part of the problem.

Sure and were i live this kind of thing would probably be enough for Dr. to sue the Mr. random Twitch employee into oblivion.

edit. At least Dr. did a tweet outright denying the entire thing.

Last edited:

Haint

Genuinely beyond awful response.

But assuming it's true that Amazon paid up his contract and then banned him, I find it hard to believe this is true.

As surely they would report/ban his ass and not pay up, just for them paying up and only banning, I find the story very questionable, as I'm sure they would love an excuse to not pay up millions.

Whilst I can't stand streamers, I'll give benefit of the doubt for now.

As I mentioned earlier, if the Twitch employees in question weren't permitted to be accessing DM's (or the TOS/EULA at the time didn't disclose to users that DM's weren't actually private), they would likely be ruled inadmissible in court giving him a slam dunk case against Amazon, and potentially expose themselves to additional and substantial punitive damages/defamation etc... on top of it. Even if they were allowed and disclosed, there is a reasonable assumption DMs are private and would still be ruled inadmissible, which wasn't a gamble Amazon wanted to take over a few million dollars.

Last edited:
Top Bottom