• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I will hold judgment until the truth comes out fully, it ever. It's never a good look and I'm not about cancel culture without legit receipts.

And so I'm clear, I'm neither here nor there with this guy in terms of following.

Last edited:
I will hold judgment until the truth comes out fully
The man himself said he was inappropriately texting a minor.

Let’s play make believe. Let’s say this is a friend of yours, and you have a daughter. Your friend is like,”bro, I ain’t gonna show you the messages, but I got caught sending inappropriate messages to a minor. Wife kicked me out. Can I sleep on the couch? I promise I ain’t gonna bother your daughter. I didn’t actually intend anything.”

You gonna be okay with him sleeping at your place? You gonna be friends with him?

It’s not cancel culture to just say okay, you’ve just straight up told me you’re a creep, so I’ll just not hang out with you or support you.

This thread is insane.

Last edited:

wMl2hjc.gif

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
here in Mexico there was a very famous singer in the 40s/50s called Pedro Infante. I was listening to a podcast were it was said he started a relationship with an individual of 14 years of age and he was 28.

and I was like "damn, imagine this happening today"

.... I guess in some respects one can understand when (I don't know if this is real) but I saw than in a Taylor swift's concert people were shouting out "fuck the patriarchy"

I think the doc persona kind of represented that... and outdated take of being a macho man...BUT of course we know that in the opposite spectrums fucked up things are also a thing.

I think the conclusion is that... as humans we are fucked and some people are going to cross those lines with premeditation and treachery.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Let’s play make believe. Let’s say this is a friend of yours, and you have a daughter. Your friend is like,”bro, I ain’t gonna show you the messages, but I got caught sending inappropriate messages to a minor. Wife kicked me out. Can I sleep on the couch? I promise I ain’t gonna bother your daughter. I didn’t actually intend anything.”

You gonna be okay with him sleeping at your place? You gonna be friends with him?

It’s not cancel culture to just say okay, you’ve just straight up told me you’re a creep, so I’ll just not hang out with you or support you.

This thread is insane.
You think I have time to read everything, show me the recap with sources please. This isn't a life changing deal for me but for curiosity so I'm not judging someone without the proof.

I wanna go back to the toilet and use it as soon as we have resolve.

peek

This thread is insane.
Again, I asked this before, not sure if there's an update.

HUGE difference if the guy knew the person he was messaging on twitch whispers was a minor. Also if he STILL continued to message once he found out the age.

So yeah any confirmation yet? Im ASSUMING he knew, or at least was told, only because doc doesnt mention that aspect at all in the big tweet.

But, just an assumption. Waiting for those logs baby xD

America sure is a strange country. Consent ranging from 16 - 18 years depending on which state you happen to be in at a the time. Someone can be considered a pedophile in one state then a few miles away in another it would be perfectly legal. In the UK, age of consent is 16 years like it is in majority of the US. In Europe, consent is typically 14 - 15 years.

For my part, when it comes to the Doc. It would be pretty hypocritical of me to chastise considering the age of consent in my own country is 16 years. Assuming of course that the alleged victim is indeed 17 years. Even some of you in here from the US throwing that word around knowing full well the age of consent in your home state is 17 or even 16. Thats pretty hypocritical as well.

Regardless, that my take.

I find this incredibly disappointing. I've never been someone who watched him, only on very brief occasions across many many years, but I decided to take a look at some snippets of his stuff.

The man had it all. Married, wife, kids, millions of followers, tons of partnerships, extremely high production values(like the Undertaker thing I saw) and just...crashes it all down.

I don't...I don't understand it.

decisions

Is it possible for someone to have done something that was genuinely wrong and redeem themselves by stopping the bad thing and doing good things instead? I think what he said was likely gross but, people are talking about him like he’s Ian Watkins. It smells like mob rule.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Sorry I havnt been keeping up with this topic at all.

Did Dr Disrespect admit to doing this?
He admitted to inappropriate chat

"Were there twitch whisper messages with an individual minor back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not. These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more. Nothing illegal happened, no pictures were shared, no crimes were committed, I never even met the individual. I went through a lengthy arbitration regarding a civil dispute with twitch and that case was resolved by a settlement. Let me be clear, it was not a criminal case against me and no criminal charges have ever been brought against me."

He admitted to inappropriate chat

"Were there twitch whisper messages with an individual minor back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not. These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more. Nothing illegal happened, no pictures were shared, no crimes were committed, I never even met the individual. I went through a lengthy arbitration regarding a civil dispute with twitch and that case was resolved by a settlement. Let me be clear, it was not a criminal case against me and no criminal charges have ever been brought against me."

Lord Almight!!!

How can anyone defend this asshole? He's a sick fuck

vpance

Is it possible for someone to have done something that was genuinely wrong and redeem themselves by stopping the bad thing and doing good things instead? I think what he said was likely gross but, people are talking about him like he’s Ian Watkins. It smells like mob rule.

This is the internet, the path to redemption has been long dead. You can't afford to make any mistakes as a public personality.

On one hand it's good to out people who are doing genuinely harmful and shady things but it spills over into the cancel culture phenomenon at large which allows anyone to be cancelled for any subjectively offensive action. All it takes is enough likes.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
This is the internet, the path to redemption has been long dead. You can't afford to make any mistakes as a public personality.

On one hand it's good to out people who are doing genuinely harmful and shady things but it spills over into the cancel culture phenomenon at large which allows anyone to be cancelled for any subjectively offensive action. All it takes is enough likes.
You can make mistakes and people generally will forgive but certain things you don't come back from

Personally I feel he is getting everything he deserves

Yeah. And I’m not even saying they shouldn’t also be cancelled . Maybe they should. But I’m sure there are a ton of hypocrites who will condemn Dr Disrespect one moment and the next moment put on a Zeppelin record.
or the kenshin manga, heard its author also did something questionable. But Kenshin is a masterpiece, and we need to separate art from artist. Though I'm not sure that's easy with streamers since they themselves are the main attraction of their work.

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
I'm simply asking what is for the social virtuesignaling mob the red-line behavior that define something inappropriate enough

I like the doc but just as entertainment and I'm old enough to not feel attached to him in a positive or negative way

that said, i'pretty sure that 95% of individuals here ready to condemn him as the worst possibile human being on earth have done at least one time something as inappropriate in their lives... maybe not even thinking about it
Annie Potts GIF by Ghostbusters

kiphalfton

You can make mistakes and people generally will forgive but certain things you don't come back from

Personally I feel he is getting everything he deserves

Not real sure how anybody can defend him, after he openly admitted to:

- Cheating on his wife
- This incident

Those are two separate incidents. One of those is bad enough to end a relationship and/or ruin a career.

The concerning part is both happened in the same year. Obviously one incident happened before the other, so if after that first incident (whichever happened first) he had really had a "come to Jesus" moment there's no reason why the other incident should have have happened.

Mistakes happen, but can anybody even really call it that when it's a series of incidents?

Last edited:

londontko

- Cheating on his wife
- This incident

Those are two separate incidents. One of those is bad enough to end a relationship and/or ruin a career.

The concerning part is both happened in the same year. Obviously one incident happened before the other, so if after that first incident (whichever happened first) he had really had a "come to Jesus" moment there's no reason why the other incident should have have happened.

Mistakes happen, but can anybody even really call it that when it's a series of incidents?
Yeah I thought the timing of that was weird too! Was this AFTER he got caught cheating? This guy clearly has some demons.

Toons

So just to be clear, we’re cancelling DiCaprio and Leto tomorrow right?

And while we’re at it we need to ban Elvis too since Lisa Marie was 14.

DiCaprio keeps it over 20 at least.

Leto is a hairs breath away from going down himself. Hes had stories circling him for years, all it takes is for one to be corroborated enough or catch enough eyeballs and hes done. Trust me hes not far off from being in this same position.

I think within hindsight we can say Elvis going after a 14 year old is screwed up, and rightfully wouldn't fly today. It was a different time, but that doesn't mean there was no issue.

near

Gold Member

- Cheating on his wife
- This incident

I don’t believe they’re separate incidents. He admitted to cheating on he’s wife in Dec. 2017. It was also rumoured that he cheated with at least 4 women, but we know that at least one was confirmed. There is a high probability that he was messaging this minor before Dec 2017.

Edit: To clarify, when I say I don’t think they’re separate incidents, what I mean is that I think he was trying he’s luck with multiple women, and one of them happened to be this minor. Not that he cheated on he’s wife with this minor.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
DiCaprio keeps it over 20 at least.

Leto is a hairs breath away from going down himself. Hes had stories circling him for years, all it takes is for one to be corroborated enough or catch enough eyeballs and hes done. Trust me hes not far off from being in this same position.

I think within hindsight we can say Elvis going after a 14 year old is screwed up, and rightfully wouldn't fly today. It was a different time, but that doesn't mean there was no issue.

It wasn't considered screwed up at the time in the 1950s American south. It's an absurd whataboutism really. DrDisrespect knew what he was doing was wrong. He said so.....eventually.

Last edited:

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
This entire thing all depends on if he knew the person he was messaging was under 18. If it turns out that he was messaging some chick and later found out afterwards... i do not give a fuck and no one should either.
Exactly this.

Now the problem is of course, he can simply claim he didn't know. And nobody will ever know if it is true or not.
Unless the logs have the girl just outright state her age.

Still a dumb ass thing to inappropriately text someone you know nothing about, that's for sure...

Top Bottom