• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
He did not "TEXT" anyone. He communicated with a follower via TWITCH Whisper.
Some people say it was in reference to a business deal (in the email we don't know is true or not)

He is a video game streamer, Video games are for children... and the occasional 40 year old man child. Of course minors will be involved with him in some way.
What's next, SHOCK that FORNITE has kids playing it ?

You seem emotionally invested in this, its not healthy.

Look, I'm a 42 man child loving video games. I'm not on private chat or whispers for video games engaging with a 17 Yr old.

It's simply a no, no in my book. I've got a 13 Yr old daughter...if a grown ass man was messaging her in 4 years.....well...

It's out of order period.

Even if I didn't have a daughter I would still feel the same.

This is incredible. So many valid points.

TrippleA345

More Wild info coming out

gary coleman wtf GIF

Thyuda

Final posting from me.
The sticking point for me is that soliciting a minor is a criminal offence, and it's not an offence that can be dismissed with an NDA. In the state of California, you are automatically placed on the sex offender registry. It would be a public record. Prosecutors and law enforcement don't just turn a blind eye to things like this - at any point in the civil process with Twitch, there would be multiple entities that would be legally obligated to report the behaviour when it occurs. Even if we look at it cynically, "A local internet celebrity gets caught using their platform to solicit minors and I'm the prosecutor bringing charges against them" is a golden ticket for your PR team. Minors can't even choose not to press charges, prosecutors do that.

There would be written proof of "The People vs. Disrespect", and since there isn't, it would be inexplicable that there is any degree of actual guilt here.

It doesn't even matter what the state laws are, because the internet and text messaging are federal jurisdiction.

Dr Disrespect is walking around a free man, fully paid and not even charged with a crime.
This is either an indication that the system has corruptly protected him, or that the texts are largely inconsequential. That would be nothing other than moral high-handedness, in which you Americans are undoubtedly world champions.

I will of course be happy to condemn any illegal acts if anything turns up, but as it stands at the moment, all the people throwing around terms like "pedo" so loosely are doing so because they want him to be. And you are, by the way, watering down a very serious crime. But that's the internet in 2024. Nothing more than hypocrites and smug moralisers of the truth. I am out.

Von Hugh

Gold Member
Final posting from me.
The sticking point for me is that soliciting a minor is a criminal offence, and it's not an offence that can be dismissed with an NDA. In the state of California, you are automatically placed on the sex offender registry. It would be a public record. Prosecutors and law enforcement don't just turn a blind eye to things like this - at any point in the civil process with Twitch, there would be multiple entities that would be legally obligated to report the behaviour when it occurs. Even if we look at it cynically, "A local internet celebrity gets caught using their platform to solicit minors and I'm the prosecutor bringing charges against them" is a golden ticket for your PR team. Minors can't even choose not to press charges, prosecutors do that.

There would be written proof of "The People vs. Disrespect", and since there isn't, it would be inexplicable that there is any degree of actual guilt here.

It doesn't even matter what the state laws are, because the internet and text messaging are federal jurisdiction.

Dr Disrespect is walking around a free man, fully paid and not even charged with a crime.
This is either an indication that the system has corruptly protected him, or that the texts are largely inconsequential. That would be nothing other than moral high-handedness, in which you Americans are undoubtedly world champions.

I will of course be happy to condemn any illegal acts if anything turns up, but as it stands at the moment, all the people throwing around terms like "pedo" so loosely are doing so because they want him to be. And you are, by the way, watering down a very serious crime. But that's the internet in 2024. Nothing more than hypocrites and smug moralisers of the truth. I am out.

He literally admitted himself that he sent inappropriate texts to a minor. HOW HARD IS IT TO GRASP THAT? Why are you doing mental gymnastics on this topic?

I don’t think anyone here is taking the position you suggested. I mean, he 100% admitted to the wrong doing. Some are taking the stance that it might be “minor” inappropriate behavior with a minor, and for some reason that’s ok with them.
I didn't necessarily mean here. But I saw it a lot on youtube comments.

Bojji

I'm just tired of people using the word pedo for everyone and making it less powerful. Actual pedophiles ale the worst scum on earth, they have some changes in their brains and find actual kids sexually attractive. Some of them can suppress their urges but a large number of them are actively trying to hurt kids.

Pedophiles that hurt kids should be burned at stake - that's my opinion on this issue.

Thing is teenager is not a kid anymore - at some point they even can go to prison for what they do.

Trying to have a relationship with people age 15, 16, 17 can or can't be persecuted by law (depending on the country or state you are in) and is morally awful but for sure it's not the same as actually hurting little kids.

When everyone is "Nazi" this word has lost all power it had, same is happening with "pedophile".

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

However, if he knew from the start, or was told her age, (which btw we still dont the age) and continued to keep messaging in an inappropriate manner... nah bro is DONE.
All he would have to say is "I wasn't aware of age".

Even if he would be lying by saying it, the fact he didn't make an attempt shows he definitely knew and we all know it.

G-DannY

Final posting from me.

pedo defender detected so pedo detected

/s

FewRope

Have to say, glad to see fellow neogafers known for shitposting pushing against the weird pedo defense this thread its having

FunkMiller

He literally admitted himself that he sent inappropriate texts to a minor. HOW HARD IS IT TO GRASP THAT? Why are you doing mental gymnastics on this topic?

People will go to great lengths to defend someone who they believe share their views and opinions. To the point of near insanity.

I fancy if it had been revealed that say somebody like Alyssa Mercante from Kotaku had been sending inappropriate texts to minors, then the language and attitude would be just a tad different…

None of us know the full details of what transpired, but when you have it straight from the horse’s mouth that inappropriate messages were sent to someone who was a minor (with no indication he didn’t know this), then that’s more than enough for me to think the dude is clearly gross as fuck, and deserves every disaster that’s befalling him. And I'd think the same about anybody doing that - which I believe is the way the vast majority of people are on this forum.

Last edited:

kiphalfton

His wife is just there for the money, jesus fucking christ it's so over

Even if she's just there for the money, I don't understand why she wouldn't divorce him, as she would still be set for life.

Something isn't adding up. Maybe they have an open marriage, or she herself is cheating. No self respecting person would otherwise put up with this much BS, or put themselves through the emotional ringer that comes with reconciling with a cheater.

In any case, I feel bad for their kid(s) as the cycle repeats itself when children are brought up in dysfunctional families where cheating takes place. Look at Will Smith and Jada Pickett Smith, and how screwed up their family is.

Last edited:

FewRope

Even if she's just there for the money, I don't understand why she wouldn't divorce him, as she would still be set for life.

Something isn't adding up. Maybe they have an open marriage, or she herself is cheating. No self respecting person would put up with this must BS.

In any case, I feel bad for their kid(s) as the cycle repeats itself when children are brought up in dysfunctional families where cheating takes place. Look at Will Smith and Jada Pickett Smith, and how screwed up their family is.
Yeah, I dont know how people can endure things like that

Is that confirmed to be the minor, or could it be the other woman he was having an affair with? At this point the only questions left are what was her age, when did he know her age, and what did he say before and after he knew her age?

I honestly thought it might work out for him since there were no public messages and he won a legal battle over everything, but so far I think people are just assuming the worst, so that might be hurting his situation even more. But if that quote above was the minor and he did know her age at the time? Yeah, that's pretty bad. There are just too many unanswered questions right now for people to "let it go," ironically enough.

* Never mind about the strike-through. I just saw that the text above is from the trans sex worker.

Last edited:

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
I see we’ve reached the trans sex worker chapter of the drama
Hard to be surprised, anymore.
It would appear, after 20 years of watching celebrities get exposed, their unveiling almost always seem to also reveal degeneracy.
I am going to assume he knew that person is trans but went off on some plunge into discreet fantasy.
Couple that with sending messages to some underaged girl, yeah... if he's not cooked after this I will be beside myself.

What's the point in hush money anymore?
Lol...

FunkMiller

Is that confirmed to be the minor, or could it be the other woman he was having an affair with? At this point the only questions left are what was her age, when did he know her age, and what did he say before and after he knew her age?

I honestly thought it might work out for him since there were no public messages and he won a legal battle over everything, but so far I think people are just assuming the worst, so that might be hurting his situation even more. But if that quote above was the minor and he did know her age at the time? Yeah, that's pretty bad. There are just too many unanswered questions right now for people to "let it go," ironically enough.

Not the underage kid. That's the sex worker he was with... while still being a married man with kids.

kiphalfton

That's the trans sex worker.

Then there's the minor.

Then there's also another woman he cheated with (per the trans sex worker).

If the third woman isn't the same woman Dr. Disrespect admitted to cheating on his wife with, that would be there's another woman.

Per somebody in the comments up above, Dr. Disrespect purportedly had at least 4 women he was cheating on his wife with. So wouldn't be surprised if more women come out of the woodworks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom