• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Senua

Gold Member
e9SmmTz.jpeg
Simp-ly the best

YuLY

It absolutely should. Be a decent human being and not thrash. Mommy didn’t teach you swearing is bad?
Decent human being, the exact term the purple forum uses for this shit, do you even hear yourself dude ? In a world where children are mutilated when they are 12y losing their penis or breasts and scarred for life, no longer being able to lead a normal life after, should they change their mind (and many times they do), this is where you draw the line. Those people are lauded as brave and progressive for pushing that unto their kids even by companies, but Nickmercs saying "tranny" means hes not a decent human being ? I will now proceed to block you, as I have no interest in ever interacting with you again, from that post I know all that I needed to know.

You're not on the good side of the history as much as you would like to think lil bro.

Topher

Gold Member
Decent human being, the exact term the purple forum uses for this shit, do you even hear yourself dude ? In a world where children are mutilated when they are 12y losing their penis or breasts and scarred for life, no longer being able to lead a normal life after, should they change their mind (and many times they do), this is where you draw the line. Those people are lauded as brave and progressive for pushing that unto their kids even by companies, but Nickmercs saying "tranny" means hes not a decent human being ? I will now proceed to block you, as I have no interest in ever interacting with you again, from that post I know all that I needed to know.

You're not on the good side of the history as much as you would like to think lil bro.

Ok.....so what if this wasn't a transgender slur? What if he was throwing around the N-word left and right? Or just any and every social or racial slur there is? Twitch shouldn't be able to do anything about it on their own platform?

YuLY

Ok.....so what if this wasn't a transgender slur? What if he was throwing around the N-word left and right? Or just any and every social or racial slur there is? Twitch shouldn't be able to do anything about it on their own platform?
But he didnt. Why are you making an exercise in imagination when it is not needed. We know exactly what the guy said and it is the same as shemale or ladyboy, yes there are better words of addressing those kind of people, but let's not pretend it was a freaking crime, especially with all the other shit that is present on Twitch with thots pushing their cameltoes on camera but still pretending they are in the gaming section. Double standards.

Topher

Gold Member
But he didnt. Why are you making an exercise in imagination when it is not needed. We know exactly what the guy said and it is the same as shemale or ladyboy, yes there are better words of addressing those kind of people, but let's not pretend it was a freaking crime, especially with all the other shit that is present on Twitch with thots pushing their cameltoes on camera but still pretending they are in the gaming section. Double standards.

No, you are the one who has constantly made this a "freedom of speech" issue even when it comes to slurs. So I gave other examples of slurs and now you are dodging? So this is really just about freedom to use transgender slurs it would seem.

Skifi28

Whenever an internet persona goes down, it seems all others gather to give him/her one final push and make some money while they're at it. So beautiful to watch.

Last edited:

YuLY

No, you are the one who has constantly made this a "freedom of speech" issue even when it comes to slurs. So I gave other examples of slurs and now you are dodging? So this is really just about freedom to use transgender slurs it would seem.
Ok you want to imagine words for the sake of conversation regarding freedom of speech, sure let's do it.

If Nickmercs said "Sup my nigga" to a random guy while in a match, and he didnt even know the guy's race he was just saluting him friendly using that word, no I dont think that should be something that should get you banned.
If Nickmercs said what Pewdiepie said on the bridge or he said with hard R to someone he clearly knew was a black person, yes I am of the opinion that it qualifies as a hate crime and it should get him banned (not sure if perma if he never did something like this before, but yes at least a temporary ban would be in order).

A mild slur like "tranny" (which wasnt even addressed to someone specifically btw) is not in the same ballpark as racist words.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Ok you want to imagine words for the sake of conversation regarding freedom of speech, sure let's do it.

If Nickmercs said "Sup my nigga" to a random guy while in a match, and he didnt even know the guy's race he was just saluting him friendly using that word, no I dont think that should be something that should get you banned.
If Nickmercs said what Pewdiepie said on the bridge or he said with hard R to someone he clearly knew was a black person, yes I am of the opinion that it qualifies as a hate crime and it should get him banned (not sure if perma if he never did something like this before, but yes at least a temporary ban would be in order).

A mild slur like "tranny" is not in the same ballpark as racist words.

Confused Always Sunny GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

A mild slur like "tranny" (which wasnt even addressed to someone specifically btw) is not in the same ballpark as racist words.

Fuck me this thread has you retarded alts coming out by the dozens

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

Bro, take a break from the forum for a bit. Seriously.

FunkMiller

Tranny is not a mild slur. Not anymore. It now sits right alongside ni**er and fa**ot in terms of the effect it has on the person being called it.

And nobody else gets to tell someone how bad they should feel about being called a slur of that nature. Absolutely right for him to get banned for using the term.

Last edited:

Meicyn

Gold Member
Critical thinking and using your brain hurts right? you should try it more often, I promise you it wont hurt eventually, it should be something everyone does by default.
It’s funny that you mention critical thinking when you seem unable to employ it. You refer to tranny as a mild slur, and didn’t even bother to explain. Mild slur to whom? You? You aren’t transgender I imagine, so why have you determined that it’s minor? How did you establish that it’s a minor slur?

Top Bottom