• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Ogbert

Gold Member
I have no idea what’s going on, so apologies for the very basic question.

Did he know this girl was a minor? As in, is there a clear evidence that he knew she was 17 and then continued to contact her?

Three

I have no idea what’s going on, so apologies for the very basic question.

Did he know this girl was a minor? As in, is there a clear evidence that he knew she was 17 and then continued to contact her?
We don't know that she was 17 or if it was even a she. We only know that he chatted with a minor individual. He probably knew because he didn't say that he didn't know but that's not clear either.

I’m glad all those people that needed the 20th final nail in Doc’s coffin eventually got it. Now they can pretend to be on the right side.

Proud Saved By The Bell GIF

I realize this...what I'm arguing is that for monopolies, this should be illegal and agencies should be put in place to protect the freedom of speech as long as it doesnt incite to violence etc. Saying a fucking slur should not get you fired from your workplace and put your family in danger. As a business monopoly you can reap the rewards of being the biggest in your domain, but you also need to have new responsibilities now.

Imagine if Google and Apple suddenly decided they dont like you and specifically blocked you from any phone device that use Android or iOS, what the hell would you do? not use a smartphone in 2024? Insane. This is what I'm arguing, for monopolies there should be laws against letting them do whatever they want, yes including freedom of speech, again within moral limits like calling for violence (actual one not clear jokes).

We have antitrust laws. There aren't just laws against monopolies doing whatever they want. There are laws against monopolies being allowed to exist in the first place. The government can't step in to protect free speech on the basis that Twitch is a monopoly. Their only recourse would be to prove Twitch a monopoly and handle that.

It will never happen to any of the exisiting monopolies. The US government doesn't enforce antitrust laws because, as you said, we are living in a corporate dystopia.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Saying a fucking slur should not get you fired from your workplace and put your family in danger.

Imagine if Google and Apple suddenly decided they dont like you and specifically blocked you from any phone device that use Android or iOS, what the hell would you do?

Never move to the UK. It's like that, but worse. A lot worse.

Source: I live here.

Zimmy68

YouTube just demonetized him, wow!

So he has a little weakness for underage LadyBoys, should he lose everything overnight?

Ooof

feynoob

Banned
This topic belongs here.

mansoor1980

simpatico

Don't be fooled bro's. She's 30 and childless. The wall is right around the corner. Once those eggs give out, the realization of her choices will set in. Anger and resentment come next. Worst time to invest in something like that. Like buying a car with 98,000 miles on it.

EDIT: This comment was originally posted in an Allahna Pearce thread that got merged with this one.

Last edited:
Top Bottom