• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

foxbeldin

If anyone is wondering about reviews, apparently Ryan McCaffrey is doing the IGN Driveclub review. So it's pretty much guaranteed a low score =/

GqTZX73.png

Nokterian

If anyone is wondering about reviews, apparently Ryan McCaffrey is doing the IGN Driveclub review. So it's pretty much guaranteed a low score =/

I for see...a 6.5. But also i don't care about ign there pretty irrelevant at this point. Just seeing the footage and people here talking that it is a racing game that i have been waiting for. My new Hot Pursuit 2010 but without cops still amazing stuff that will keep me hooked for a longtime.

Yup...that will not end well.

Mullah88

from an audi forums...also when my buddy comes home from work ill record it for you guys.

I've noticed that my instrument cluster lights up when it's sunny, but fades when in the shade. It makes it hard to see the speedo when driving in darker areas. Shouldn't it lighten up when it's dark and fade when it's sunny? The dash lights work fine when turning on the headlights. It seems to be an issue with the auto dimming feature. Thanks for your input

another guy replies

That's on purpose. Audi wants you to leave the switch in auto mode. The dash lights dim as an alert to turn parking lights on as a minimum. I know, it sucks when going through a short tunnel or under a long bridge during the day.

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/confused-dash-lights-2832517/

with newer models, you can literally crank up the sensitivity if you want to or dial it back, the sensor is on the rear view mirror so yes a light source like that fireworks will trigger it

Edit: I don't know if this is totally accurate, just saw someone mention it in another thread
This is a joke right... Ryan McCaffrey is first and foremost IGN's #1 Xbox fan... he is also not a racing game enthusiast.

Someone the other day indicated the IGN review would be done via IGN Australia...

Edit: I don't know if this is totally accurate, just saw someone mention it in another thread

come on, let's not presuppose the score just because he's in xboxign.

he's not gies, you know.

also, i thought the reviewer was going to be a guy/girl from ign australia?

strata8

It's likely Luke Reilly from IGN AU. He's the one they got to do the Forza Horizon 2 review at least. Not sure what else he's reviewed.

tfur

from an audi forums...also when my buddy comes home from work ill record it for you guys.

another guy replies

http://www.audiworld.com/forums/a8-s8-d3-platform-discussion-60/confused-dash-lights-2832517/

with newer models, you can literally crank up the sensitivity if you want to or dial it back

Don't have an Audi, but my two Sequoia's actively dim/brighten in real time, even when going under slightly shadowed over passes. I do keep them in the auto mode, with the green light symbol showing. It is basically lights on 24/7, but dash auto adjustment for shade or brightness.

Ryan McCaffery is doing the review ? why ? are they, IGN, doing it on purpose ? the guy is an Xbox tool so be sure to see a low score for DriveClub and how FH2 does a lot of things better.

Sorry, but i can't stand people that have an agenda, i actually stopped reading his articles on principle, he doesn't deserve my clicks.

Edit: Luke Reilly, ok way better !

Ryan McCaffery is doing the review ? why ? are they, IGN, doing it on purpose ? the guy is an Xbox tool so be sure to see a low score for DriveClub and how FH2 does a lot of things better.

Sorry, but i can't stand people that have an agenda, i actually stopped reading his articles on principle, he doesn't deserve my clicks.

He's not...I should have said anything. Someone from Australia is doing it

gruenel

LtOrange

I am going to make it my mission to actually learn how to play a racing game with Driveclub. I am absolutely awful at them, but have been wanting to dig into one for awhile now. Hopefully I can find some equally unskilled players to compete against.

another guy replies

with newer models, you can literally crank up the sensitivity if you want to or dial it back
Sounds like they can be sensitive then.

Auto lights in cars can be very annoying at times, and sometimes can make you look like a bit of a tit if you go under a bridge or some tree cover for a split second and they come on in the day time.

It absolutely makes sense that they came on as a result of a bright light source, because instruments tend to be very deeply set into the dashboard now, and if the sun is low and in front of you it puts it into a dark shade and you can't see shit, which was a pain is the arse with a RS Megane 250 I had a few years back and they eventually replaced the dial with a more visible one, but I would say the brief nature of a firework would probably not trigger it many cars based on the last 3 or 4 cars I've had, and if they do come on they don't normally go off immediately.

mike4001_

I for see...a 6.5. But also i don't care about ign there pretty irrelevant at this point. Just seeing the footage and people here talking that it is a racing game that i have been waiting for.

To be fair:

All we always see are the graphics.

But they alone don´t make a great game.

I am not saying Driveclub will be bad at all, but there were plenty of overhyped games recently which got mediocre scores ....

Gestault

To be fair:

All we always see are the graphics.

But they alone don´t make a great game.

I am not saying Driveclub will be bad at all, but there were plenty of overhyped games recently which got mediocre scores ....

You would "need" to make this sort of comment about basically any game that doesn't have a pre-release demo. You're not wrong, but we've seen quite a bit of this game in streams, previews, interviews and trailers. Yes, we're seeing it superficially, but I think you're making a comment that most people already understand intuitively.

GameSeeker

Calling it now:

igndriveclubscore.png

I wouldn't worry about low DriveClub review scores. What matters to Sony/Evolution is sales and the PS+ Edition of DriveClub will allow a few million PS4 users to play the game and decide whether to buy the PS+ upgrade. Given the low price of the PS+ upgrade, if the gameplay is there, Sony should have a nice upsell rate.

Man this has to be the most defensive OT thread i have been in. All signs point to the game being good, lots of hype etc... but still so much pre review damage control.

One or 2 bad reviews dont matter.

Theecliff

Banned
At least a thread like that would divert possible shit out of here for a while though, haha :p Okay, I won't make one; but I'll post my prediction anyways: 76 give or take one or two points either way. I think some critics are really going to like it but I could see the possibility of lack of content or a heavy multiplayer focus being a bit of a downer for some. I'm pretty confident in saying Horizon 2 will be the best reviewed racer this fall.

Still very excited for next week though.

How difficult is it to buy in game the pre-order bonus car packs after launch? My plan was to play the PS+ version of the game and if I like it upgrade to full version, but if the three preorder bonus pack cars - McLaren 12C, RUF RT12, and Mercedes SLS AMG - are only obtainable if you preorder, might just drop the $50 now.

PSN NA is also running a special, if you spend $100 in store from Oct 1st - Oct 28th you get $15 back in the form of store credit 2 weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom